PDA

View Full Version : Forget Tony -- Timmy needs to grow a pair

50 cent
04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Guys, I know Tony had a bad game but all this BS about it being because he walked in with shade and Eva on his arm is just retarded. Tony has been known to disappear every once in a while because of lack of focus, overconfidence, etc. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

Tim looks horrible and is so tentative that he is only a shell of his old self. He is scared to put any pressure on that ankle that he is basically useless out there. He has no lateral movement and can't keep up with Camby or Martin. I know how the confidence issue is with putting weight on an ankle because I have torn multiple ligaments before in my ankle and you worry for months that you are going to re-tweak the injury. But this is the playoffs and he needs to go full force. If he reinjures, then we are screwed. But if he continues at the current pace, we are screwed anyway.

It's amazing to say this, but if we didn't have Nazr last night, we would have lost by 30. They all better get their asses in gear or we will be gone in 5 or 6 in the first round. :pctoss

Extra Stout
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Timmy needs to grow a pair? Of what? Finals MVP trophies? Wait -- he already has those. Oops.

Somebody else has to step up. Period. Tim can't just will that ankle to health, or manhood himself into game shape.

whottt
04-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Stout...if that's the case then Tim needs to stop taking so many fucking shots with the game on the line...he got guys open last night late and he wouldn't pass it.

If he can't do it then don't try to...find the open man.

Extra Stout
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Stout...if that's the case then Tim needs to stop taking so many fucking shots with the game on the line...he got guys open last night late and he wouldn't pass it.

If he can't do it then don't try to...find the open man.It also would help if they would stop trying to run the offense through him. Last year, when he came back from injury, he was just another cog in the offense for a while.

In the playoffs when shrinkage occurs, they still look to him. Well guess what, that won't get it done this time around.

Denver didn't even have to double-team him that much last night and STILL he couldn't buy a bucket.

boutons
04-25-2005, 12:15 PM
My plan for Tim:
NO plays for Tim, he doesn' take any shots.
He's get the ball with the objective making a pass, an AST, NOT a shot.
He plays interior D, blocks/alters shots.
He RBs
He scores with put backs.

When his ankle is 90+%, thne maybe some plays for him.

Spurs have enough scorers who can create their own shot, and feed off Tim's passing.

Of course, Bouton's tactic won't work. Pop will, robotically, keep running the offense through Tim, 4-down 4-ever.

Extra Stout
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Pop may be of the mindset that if Tim can't get it done, there's no hope anyway.

In which case, there's no hope. Get it over with and go fishing. Tuck your tail between your legs and let everybody else take a long satisfying dump over that "model franchise" talk.

Or, why not let some other guys figure out how to excel in the playoffs? That Manu guy was pretty good in the Olympics. I hear that Parker fellow has some talent.

Why not let them sink or swim? If they're so ordinary without a healthy Duncan and being otherwise so banged up, there's no pressure, right?

50 cent
04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
It's just amazing how many people are putting the majority of the blame on Tony - and even more ridiculous that it was because he walked in with Eva wearing a pair of shades. WGAF? That's just style these days and I would do the same thing.

Tim was horrible.

Beno looks absolutely lost on offense and defense - it's amazing that he forgot how to play basketball in a 4 month period.

Pop didn't play Big Dog enough.

Brent Barry is Hedo reincarnated. I wonder if they put their balls in jars and set them on the same mantle come playoff time?

Massenburg sucked.

Denver was athletic and played great aggressive D.

waly.mg
04-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Td isnīt the problem

Sometimes he play good and sometimes play bad, sometimes made FT sometimes not

But heīs a winner and we need him back

He isnīt scared, He isnīt healthy

But some players are scared, thatīs the problem

Extra Stout
04-25-2005, 12:54 PM
It's just amazing how many people are putting the majority of the blame on Tony - and even more ridiculous that it was because he walked in with Eva wearing a pair of shades. WGAF? That's just style these days and I would do the same thing.

Tim was horrible.He's not going to get a whole lot better. If this were the regular season, he'd still be on the shelf for another month. He'll probably play well in Game 2, but he'll be scuffling toin Denver.

Beno looks absolutely lost on offense and defense - it's amazing that he forgot how to play basketball in a 4 month period.It's amazing that a scrub like Buckner could make him look that silly. That was pathetic.

Pop didn't play Big Dog enough. Devil's advocate -- who keeps Anthony in check if Big Dog plays the fourth?

Brent Barry is Hedo reincarnated. I wonder if they put their balls in jars and set them on the same mantle come playoff time?Hedo at least rebounded and defended. Steve Smith at least gave veteran leadership.

Brent Barry is officially a new kind of player -- FSITA (festering syphilis in the ass.)

Tony or Manu will have to get it done.

TNT21
04-25-2005, 01:03 PM
It was all Tony's fault, if he hadn't walked in with Eva and those "stylish" sunglasses we would have won for sure!! !! Damn you Eva, Damn you sunglasses, Damn you pants that tony was wearing! Just Damn it all to HELL! Just joking!

GO SPURS GO!!

unnosy
04-26-2005, 08:52 AM
can we stop bitching about this already.
i guarantee you the guys dont need our bitching to feel horrible. they already do.
let's just hope they bring their A game on wednesday.
and all significant other[s] can stay home and watch the boys.
no more jinxing our players.

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2005, 11:13 AM
NO EXCUSES just play SPURS' BALL !
DEFENSE WINS....keep the chicken nuggets to under 84points

DEFENSE !

:smokin