PDA

View Full Version : Refs straight up CHEATING in this Cavs/Hawks game!

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
yet ANOTHER blatant example of cheating in the NBA for their poster boy Lord, King James!

Atlanta 15 free throws ... Cleveland 38!!!! (Lebron 16)

Lebron ALONE had more free throws than the ENTIRE ATLANTA TEAM!

fucking pathetic

BadOdor
12-30-2009, 09:34 PM
son, let's not even bring up the shot clock incident.

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 09:36 PM
LOL it's funny the lengths the NBA goes to for Cleveland and LA..

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 09:39 PM
unbelievable ... Atlanta won that game. Its kinda hard for anyone to win whenever you're up against two teams like they were tonight.

endrity
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Atlanta was pretty much owning them until the refs decided to take control of the game and call a foul on anything the Hawks did. It's disgusting, James was already having a pretty good game without help from the refs anyway.

alchemist
12-30-2009, 09:42 PM
ah man the Lebron fest over at ESPN is going to be sickening, I won't watch for the next 24 hours.

z0sa
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
ah man the Lebron fest over at ESPN is going to be sickening, I won't watch for ever again.

You'd be better off.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Atlanta was pretty much owning them until the refs decided to take control of the game and call a foul on anything the Hawks did. It's disgusting, James was already having a pretty good game without help from the refs anyway.

son I couldn't believe what I was seeing. You are exactly right, Atlanta easily had this game won until the refs took over and pushed Cleveland to victory on Lebron's birthday.

I know that I rag on the NBA a lot for shit like this, but it really is becoming sad to see just how shameless they are about it. You would think that after all the Donaghy crap that they would straighten up a bit. At the end of the day though all that matters is the almighty dollar bill ... Lebron James sells, Atlanta doesn't.

endrity
12-30-2009, 09:51 PM
son I couldn't believe what I was seeing. You are exactly right, Atlanta easily had this game won until the refs took over and pushed Cleveland to victory on Lebron's birthday.

I know that I rag on the NBA a lot for shit like this, but it really is becoming sad to see just how shameless they are about it. You would think that after all the Donaghy crap that they would straighten up a bit. At the end of the day though all that matters is the almighty dollar bill ... Lebron James sells, Atlanta doesn't.

pretty much!

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Lebron James sells, Atlanta doesn't.

Yup. Now go cry some more, it's what you do best.

endrity
12-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Joe, you're one of the most knowledgeable fans in here, and you'll also realize that there are a lot of people in here who think LBJ is the best player in the league, me included. But that is a tough one to swallow if you're impartial. The fouls were being called one way and one way only and it's hard to admit to any other things.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey Joe, you're one of the most knowledgeable fans in here, and you'll also realize that there are a lot of people in here who think LBJ is the best player in the league, me included. But that is a tough one to swallow if you're impartial. The fouls were being called one way and one way only and it's hard to admit to any other things.

Look, the shot clock thing was fucked up. I know that. The Hawks should be pissed, they should feel cheated. I get that. It's embarrassing and should never happen, especially down the stretch in a close game.

But the officials made it a free-for-all both ways in the fourth quarter. They weren't calling anything on either side. Was it slanted? Sure. The Cavaliers were at home and usually the whistles go the way of the home team. But the officiating wasn't the reason for the result.

And BR whines all the time about everything. I like to call him out on it every now and again.

ElNono
12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Stern: Happy birthday Lebron!

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Look, the shot clock thing was fucked up. I know that. The Hawks should be pissed, they should feel cheated. I get that. It's embarrassing and should never happen, especially down the stretch in a close game.

But the officials made it a free-for-all both ways in the fourth quarter. They weren't calling anything on either side. Was it slanted? Sure. The Cavaliers were at home and usually the whistles go the way of the home team. But the officiating wasn't the reason for the result.

And BR whines all the time about everything. I like to call him out on it every now and again.

LMAO!

son a free for all? are you being serious? yea son Atlanta's 15 free throws compared to Cleveland's 38 sure does sound like a free for all! hell son Lebron ALONE had more fucking free throws than the entire Atlanta team!
.... surely you are smarted than this! take your homer glasses off and acknowledge the fact that you guys get tons of help simply because of Lebron.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 10:06 PM
.... surely you are smarted than this! take your homer glasses off and acknowledge the fact that you guys get tons of help simply because of Lebron.

Of course we do! He's a superstar, superstars get the benefit. That's the way it's been for years in this league, BR.

I'll tell you something else- for years I watched Michael Jordan get away with murder at the expense of the Cavaliers. He traveled and got away with it. He got every BS touch foul in the book, even in our building. You know what? I'm glad we finally got a guy who gets that deference. It feels like karma.

And the fact is, when the officials let the game get physical, the Cavaliers benefit, because they're a physical team. That in itself doesn't have anything to do with LeBron.

endrity
12-30-2009, 10:07 PM
BR whines, we agree on that.

We'll also agree that LeBron was beasting out there, and could have won the game without any ref help. But was it slanted? The numbers say it clearly is. Whatever, with the injuries in Boston again, and the edge that Orlando has lost with Turk gone, the Cavs have no excuses this season not to go to the Finals anyway, with or without a loss to Hawks.

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Of course we do! He's a superstar, superstars get the benefit. That's the way it's been for years in this league, BR.

I'll tell you something else- for years I watched Michael Jordan get away with murder at the expense of the Cavaliers. He traveled and got away with it. He got every BS touch foul in the book, even in our building. You know what? I'm glad we finally got a guy who gets that deference. It feels like karma.

And the fact is, when the officials let the game get physical, the Cavaliers benefit, because they're a physical team. That in itself doesn't have anything to do with LeBron.

son that's all I'm asking you to do ... props to you for coming out of the closet and admitting it!

anonoftheinternets
12-30-2009, 10:08 PM

so ur admiting cavs dint win fair and square? which is it? cant be both ways.

JoeTait75
12-30-2009, 10:09 PM
so ur admiting cavs dint win fair and square? which is it? cant be both ways.

Like I said, the shot clock thing was fucked up. I'm not going to make any justifications for that.

But no Spurs fan should ever have a problem with officials letting physical play slide. Your team beat the hell out of LeBron in the 2007 Finals, at least in the first two games at SA, and got away with it. Hey, more power to you.

endrity
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Props to Joe for admitting what many Kobe fans on this board never will!

BRHornet45
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
LMAO! ... this picture is ALREADY on the front page of ESPN.com!

it was the perfect script for the media's birthday boy!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1230/nba_g_lebron12_576.jpg

namlook
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Was Lebron dancing on the sidelines during the game again?

http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/ap/7aa40034-fd74-474e-bc06-14f1a7354af7.widec.jpg

HarlemHeat37
12-30-2009, 10:26 PM
BR whines, we agree on that.

We'll also agree that LeBron was beasting out there, and could have won the game without any ref help. But was it slanted? The numbers say it clearly is. Whatever, with the injuries in Boston again, and the edge that Orlando has lost with Turk gone, the Cavs have no excuses this season not to go to the Finals anyway, with or without a loss to Hawks.

:lol:lol:lol

j.dizzle
12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
no surprises here..btw is lebron 25 or 45?? god dayummm he ugly

23LeBronJames23
12-31-2009, 12:14 AM
LMAO!

son a free for all? are you being serious? yea son Atlanta's 15 free throws compared to Cleveland's 38 sure does sound like a free for all! hell son Lebron ALONE had more fucking free throws than the entire Atlanta team!

You already said that

iggypop123
12-31-2009, 12:23 AM
if the Christmas game is any indication the calls have gone to cleveland and LA will now be ignored in big games.

Darthkiller
12-31-2009, 12:43 AM
if nba likes james so much ,how come he is ringless

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 01:15 AM
if nba likes james so much ,how come he is ringless

You'll regret those words in 10 years

TheMACHINE
12-31-2009, 03:44 AM
shit sons...dont bring LA into this..Kobe is like the only Superstar who doesnt get calls. Stop with that bullshit.

Muser
12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
theMACHINE is right, Kobe doesn't get the superstar calls anymore.

Thunder Dan
12-31-2009, 09:17 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W1tnFxV75u0/SCOJi6R6KhI/AAAAAAAAAJA/GBCHMJTHHHA/s320/rudy-hornets-playoffs.jpg

ambchang
12-31-2009, 09:50 AM
The league is just getting worse and worse. I still honestly don't think it's the league's agenda to push certain teams out on purpose (ie conspiracy), but the quality of the referees are just absolutely horrible.

Thunder Dan
12-31-2009, 10:43 AM
refs made a mistake, everyone should get over it. Cavs would have won anyway because they are the best team in the league and nobody can stop them

resistanze
12-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Didn't they replay the end of the game last time shit like this happened?

The_Dude
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
No. Only one protest has been approved since they implemented the procedure. They replayed the game where Shaq was giving an extra foul (should have fouled out). He stayed in the game and was an instrumental part of the win. A shot clock malfunction has never been granted a replay.

The Hawks need to prove that there was irreparable harm caused by the no call. If you look at the replay, that's going to be hard to do. The Hawks didn't really appear to be frazzled and Joe Smith simply had butterfingers on his drive. The next possession the Cavs missed a three, but the Hawks gave up an offensive rebound that led to 2pts. The following Hawk possession resulted in 2pts on an goal tending call on LeBron, which tied the game.

TJastal
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I think the refs were defenitely backing the cavs last year as their #1 priority but after the humiliating loss to the magic (to which the refs tried their absolute darndest to eliminate but couldn't) they were jocking the lakers as their #1 this year, especially since cavs stumbled out of the gate hard.

But I think even that is now changing as well. As the cavs keep winning and showing their improvement, everyone in the media is slowly jumping on the bandwagon which means more and more pressure on the refs. If this keeps up, by the end of the year Lebron and co. will be a tough out in the playoffs with the full backing of the league and refs.

I think the league would back Kobe as their undisputed #1 for the simple fact that he is a laker, but after the rape of the young girl Kobe's reputation is trashed forever.. as well it should be.

Thunder Dan
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Didn't they replay the end of the game last time shit like this happened?

the only protest to be given in 26 years was last year or the year before when someone had fouled out of the game but the refs didn't catch it so they replayed the final minute or something.

JoeTait75
12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
the only protest to be given in 26 years was last year or the year before when someone had fouled out of the game but the refs didn't catch it so they replayed the final minute or something.

Wasn't that in Atlanta?

resistanze
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM
OK it was the Heat-Hawks game I was thinking of with Shaq.