PDA

View Full Version : So Aldridge gets injured in the 1st Qtr tonight

tlongII
12-31-2009, 12:47 AM
:madrun:

I seriously can't believe this. Hopefully it's a mild sprain and he'll only miss a couple of games.

Xylus
12-31-2009, 12:48 AM
And they just...keep...winning...

gaKNOW!blee
12-31-2009, 12:49 AM
I cant help but feel like this is your fault Tlong

BadOdor
12-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Pretty obvious the blazers plan on pulling a "spurs" tank to get john wall.

Nice plan blazers.

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 12:52 AM
hope to have him back soon.. we are going to need as much of the team healthy as we can to get a win against the warriors with their up tempo play.. solid game again from howard and pendergraph tonight though

tlongII
12-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Pretty obvious the blazers plan on pulling a "spurs" tank to get john wall.

Nice plan blazers.

We don't appear to be executing very well on that "plan" though.

BadOdor
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
We don't appear to be executing very well on that "plan" though.

Then maybe it's just a case of oden being SO injury prone that it rubs on the other players.

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Then maybe it's just a case of oden being SO injury prone that it rubs on the other players.

could be the case:sleep

Danny.Zhu
12-31-2009, 01:01 AM
My sympathy to you.

xellos88330
12-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Man, what is in the water there in Portland? How many injuries is this now?

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Man, what is in the water there in Portland? How many injuries is this now?

outlaw
batum
rudy
mills
oden
pryz
coach
asst. coach

we just got back pendergraph

can jay jensen!!!

tlongII
12-31-2009, 01:09 AM
outlaw
batum
rudy
mills
oden
pryz
coach
asst. coach

we just got back pendergraph

can jay jensen!!!

LaMarcus

BadOdor
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
I have a serious question for portland fans.

I think that Roy has a problem playing with Oden when he gets major minutes. I noticed that before Oden got injured and was doing pretty well, Roy was not playing like himself - shooting in the low 40's, less assists, less rebounds, generally did not seem like the same player from last year.

Now that Oden is out, he seems to me back to his old self. However, it is pretty obvious that for portland to become a contender, they will need Oden playing major minutes. How do you reconcile Roy with Oden? hope that Roy adapts, have nate do something about it, what?

tlongII
12-31-2009, 01:11 AM
I don't even want to go in the Rose Garden now. I'd probably slip and fall.

tlongII
12-31-2009, 01:14 AM

I think that Roy has a problem playing with Oden when he gets major minutes. I noticed that before Oden got injured and was doing pretty well, Roy was not playing like himself - shooting in the low 40's, less assists, less rebounds, generally did not seem like the same player from last year.

Now that Oden is out, he seems to me back to his old self. However, it is pretty obvious that for portland to become a contender, they will need Oden playing major minutes. How do you reconcile Roy with Oden? hope that Roy adapts, have nate do something about it, what?

Roy will need to adapt, and I think he will. It was also a struggle for Roy to play with Miller. Brandon just likes to have the ball. If Kobe can play with Pau and Bynum then Roy can play with LaMarcus and Oden.

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 01:15 AM

great point and i agree... not only roy but everyone else not names rudy, howard, or miller didnt know/or care to get oden in the game offensively.. having that low post guy really screwed with brandons game.. its wierd and ive been trying to figure out exactly why.. maybe him needing to dominate the ball most the game and not being able to caused it.. i really dont know though lol

BadOdor
12-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Roy will need to adapt, and I think he will. It was also a struggle for Roy to play with Miller. Brandon just likes to have the ball. If Kobe can play with Pau and Bynum then Roy can play with LaMarcus and Oden.

It seems miller is the only guy out there capable(or maybe just willing?) of giving Oden the entry pass into the post. Not sure what you guys should do with miller now that Oden is out...don't think bayless is a long-term solution, despite some nice flashes.

Double-Up
12-31-2009, 01:19 AM

I seriously can't believe this. Hopefully it's a mild sprain and he'll only miss a couple of games.

http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/durant.jpg

tlongII
12-31-2009, 01:20 AM
It seems miller is the only guy out there capable(or maybe just willing?) of giving Oden the entry pass into the post. Not sure what you guys should do with miller now that Oden is out...don't think bayless is a long-term solution, despite some nice flashes.

Actually I think Bayless is the perfect fit. I don't know why Nate took so long to use him.

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 01:20 AM
durants a stud but this thread is about lamarcus aldridge

Double-Up
12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
durants a stud but this thread is about lamarcus aldridge

Sad to see these injuries hitting you guys like this...if anyone know's how it feels it's us. :depressed

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Actually I think Bayless is the perfect fit. I don't know why Nate took so long to use him.

I like bayless alongside roy.. the dude can score, but sometimes he just needs to cool the attempts down lol, not sure how much of a long term guy he can be, but right now its working out with him.

NRHector
12-31-2009, 01:25 AM

I seriously can't believe this. Hopefully it's a mild sprain and he'll only miss a couple of games.bad karma

lil_penny
12-31-2009, 01:26 AM
Sad to see these injuries hitting you guys like this...if anyone know's how it feels it's us. :depressed

yea shitty situation for both teams:( rockets have alot of heart and play hard all the time.. i didnt think the blazers were capable, but all the injuries have made this team show who they truly are also.. and proved me wrong! hoping they can keep it up, when rudy and batum come back it should help the team out alot. still need a center though.. not sure if howard is going to be able to hold it the rest of the season

tomtom
12-31-2009, 03:59 AM
It sucks but its amazing that our guys are still winning. He should be back pretty soon.

Muser
12-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Not really, what the Blazers have would be like having Ariza/Battier/Scola/Landry out aswell as Yao and Mac.

Double-Up
12-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Not really, what the Blazers have would be like having Ariza/Battier/Scola/Landry out aswell as Yao and Mac.

At least they still have Roy and he is a top 5 SG.

EmptyMan
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM
I'd hate to think what would happen to Grant Hill if he got traded to Portland.

Or T Mac :rollin

21_Blessings
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
I cant help but feel like this is your fault Tlong

Oden is Tlong's fault.

Aldridge is just basketball karma for playing like a soft pussy all the time.

Muser
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
At least they still have Roy and he is a top 5 SG.

True.