PDA

View Full Version : My official response to Leach's firing.....

redraiderinfiji
12-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Ok...here it goes...

People of the Spurstalk college football forum, I am in udder shock over this. How can Tech administration do this, knowing that Tech will be fall to the depths of the conference. I am so shocked, that I would even say that I am not going to root for Tech football next year. Thats how mad I am. I am going to give it up for at least a year. Leach was the epidomy of Tech, and without him, Tech will plummet to the bottom of the big 12. I know that some of you are laughing and enjoying the moment. Please laugh all you want, because this behavior has just reinforces the fact that Tech is not ready for the big stage. I know many people around here hate Tech with a passion only because they are the team that people hate to play. Well, now Tech will be the team that eveybody kicks the shit out of.

Not only has Leach left...

1. But recruits will decommit
2. assistant coaches will also leave or try and follow Leach
3. current players will think about transfering
4. alumni donations will plummet
5. ticket sales will fall
6. the cherished pass-happy offense will die or be replaced with something that does not work
7. the stadium will be slow to finish and will not be filled next year
8. Tech will now maybe win three games next season
9. Our streak of bowl games will end
10. No Heisman candidates for the next 10 years
11. Tech will become what the aggies have been for the last decade (THAT REALLY F-ING SUCKS)

AND FINALLY

12. no coach better than Leach will come and save the day in Lubbock

Listen up, I am not a bandwagon fan like jgw. I am not giving up on my team. I am giving up on the university that I once attended. Because the people who made this decision deserve to rot in hell. They have single-handedly proved the entire nation that Tech would rather stay in little leagues rather than play with the big boys.

Listen up utsa fans, you have no idea what its like to taste consistent success in college football, and all of a sudden get that feeling ripped away from you because of some old turdburgler from the university you love. All utsa fans who are laughing, keep laughing, because your team will always be bad. I just have to suffer for the next decade.

All I can say is............Gerald Myers YOU SOB! You have single handedly given up our prized possession over to the enemy.

Even for all you non-Tech fans...feel free to email him and thank him for being such an old fart!

[email protected]

BUMP
12-31-2009, 01:59 AM
:tu

I'm not attending any games next year, and I'm setting up a boycott for the guys that live with me to do the same thing.

If he wants to tear down the football program than so be it. This isn't the fans' choice, so we will show that we are not on board and totally embarass this faggot

Thompson
12-31-2009, 02:22 AM
I am in udder shock over this.

Sounds painful.

jmanu20
12-31-2009, 02:28 AM
Ok...here it goes...

People of the Spurstalk college football forum, I am in udder shock over this. How can Tech administration do this, knowing that Tech will be fall to the depths of the conference. I am so shocked, that I would even say that I am not going to root for Tech football next year. Thats how mad I am. I am going to give it up for at least a year. Leach was the epidomy of Tech, and without him, Tech will plummet to the bottom of the big 12. I know that some of you are laughing and enjoying the moment. Please laugh all you want, because this behavior has just reinforces the fact that Tech is not ready for the big stage. I know many people around here hate Tech with a passion only because they are the team that people hate to play. Well, now Tech will be the team that eveybody kicks the shit out of.

6. the cherished pass-happy offense will die or be replaced with something that does not work
11. Tech will become what the aggies have been for the last decade (THAT REALLY F-ING SUCKS)

AND FINALLY

Listen up, I am not a bandwagon fan like jgw. I am not giving up on my team. I am giving up on the university that I once attended. Because the people who made this decision deserve to rot in hell. They have single-handedly proved the entire nation that Tech would rather stay in little leagues rather than play with the big boys.

Listen up utsa fans, you have no idea what its like to taste consistent success in college football, and all of a sudden get that feeling ripped away from you because of some old turdburgler from the university you love. All utsa fans who are laughing, keep laughing, because your team will always be bad. I just have to suffer for the next decade.

All I can say is............Gerald Myers YOU SOB! You have single handedly given up our prized possession over to the enemy.

Even for all you non-Tech fans...feel free to email him and thank him for being such an old fart!

[email protected]

52-30 ensures that they are already on their way, lol.

CubanSucks
12-31-2009, 03:57 AM
I agree with the OP 100%. (though i'm obviously not going to be as passionate as him) I always root for the Texas team but not on this occasion. What's just as annoying is some of the players coming out and talking shit. Some player's quote I saw on espn said "some of us are happy about it to be quite honest". Um !?!?! yall are happy that the face of yalls team and the reason for yalls success is gone? Enjoy losing dumbass

Whisky Dog
12-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech should hire Wade Phillips. He's a players coach he'll give you some milk and cookies if your tummy hurts.

O-Factor
12-31-2009, 11:46 AM
What a mistake by tech to side with a daddy's boy.

http://www.brahman.com.au/images/information/technical/selection/Udder-f1.jpg

MajorMike
01-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Tommy T is going to interview there.

Texas Chili Dog
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM
SMU welcomes any Tech recruits that would like to come to Dallas. :hat

ClingingMars
01-01-2010, 12:21 AM
It really, really sucks. You guys got screwed over by a rich kid and ESPN.

redraiderinfiji
01-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Tommy T is going to interview there.

That doesn't mean that I, along with others, will be satisfied.

BUMP
01-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Well I just finished filling out my papers and I have officially transferred to UNM for the Spring 2010 ironically a few days after Leach is fired :lol

DMX7
01-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Well I just finished filling out my papers and I have officially transferred to UNM for the Spring 2010 ironically a few days after Leach is fired :lol

Why? You didn't do that because of this... did you?

ClingingMars
01-01-2010, 04:04 AM

I know some people affiliated with the UNM football team...I really doubt it. Shit tier.

DMX7
01-01-2010, 04:09 AM
I know some people affiliated with the UNM football team...I really doubt it. Shit tier.

Yeah, it's pretty bad but I just meant to get away from the non-sense going on over at Tech.

BUMP
01-01-2010, 11:51 AM

nah bruh...i had this transfer planned last year it was either UNM or OU.

And plus New Mexico is about the lowest of the low when it comes to football. I think they started out like 0-8 or 0-9 including a 48-28 loss to Tech in Lubbock.

Besides The Pit I don't think they have much out there

CubanSucks
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I have to ask Bump, who the fuck is that in your avatar? There's something about that dude that pisses me off like crazy. Maybe it's the gay color in the background but I want to punch that guy in the face

CubanMustGo
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM
SMU welcomes any Tech recruits that would like to come to Dallas. :hat

You got one ... isn't that where craig james' little boy wants to transfer ???

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Who cares.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I feel bad for Tech fans, they don't deserve this.

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I feel bad for Tech fans, they don't deserve this.

Ha, that's pretty good. Cause of course they do.

j-6
01-01-2010, 08:05 PM
New Mexico would be a great place for Leach to take over, BUMP. Locksley beat the crap out of an assistant and only got suspended for a week.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Ha, that's pretty good. Cause of course they do.

I mean I know how much assholes Tech fans can be. But no fanbase deserves to be kicked to the curb in this fashion. It's not right. I hope Leach ends up sueing Tech for everything they are worth.

Also can't wait to see him impliment his offense on another team.

vander
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
wow

awesome post OP

you're my new favorite non BSU fan, I love long posts of outrage and disgust

I had no idea TTs success was all because of Leach, doesn't being in Texas and being in an AQ Conference count for anything?

j-6
01-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I mean I know how much assholes Tech fans can be. But no fanbase deserves to be kicked to the curb in this fashion. It's not right. I hope Leach ends up sueing Tech for everything they are worth.

Also can't wait to see him impliment his offense on another team.

They were nationally relevant last season. We're talking about Tech here. So much for winning curing everything. What up-and-comer would ever want to deal with this administration?

Tech's going to turn into a desolate, ubershitty version of A&M, where the good ol' boys saving face is more important than the on-field product. I feel a bit for Tech Fan because firing an innovative winner that is fairly happy in the Panhandle is absolutely retarded. How can anyone involved be happy with the outcome here?

CubanMustGo
01-01-2010, 08:22 PM
wow

awesome post OP

you're my new favorite non BSU fan, I love long posts of outrage and disgust

I had no idea TTs success was all because of Leach, doesn't being in Texas and being in an AQ Conference count for anything?

Ask Baylor.

Ask Aggy.

Being in Texas and an "AQ Conference" hasn't meant shit for them in recent history.

BUMP
01-01-2010, 09:13 PM
New Mexico would be a great place for Leach to take over, BUMP. Locksley beat the crap out of an assistant and only got suspended for a week.

Awesome :lol

Maybe he can bring along Tom Cable and Bill Romanowski with him.

We might not be that great but we'd have the most intimidating coaching staff in history

MajorMike
01-01-2010, 11:54 PM
That doesn't mean that I, along with others, will be satisfied.

Ok, I get the fact that you don't like how it went down or the fact that he's gone.

So question is, you deal with it and move on, Tuberville wouldn't be a good hire you think?

Your other choices are little Dykes and Briles for starters. I already heard that ttek will never pay Briles' buyout so that is moot. What about Sumerlin?

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
if Tuberville wants the job...you give it to him.

DMX7
01-02-2010, 01:03 AM
As long as Tech pays what it wants, I think it's a good hire.

redraiderinfiji
01-02-2010, 03:08 AM
If Tuberville comes, he comes. He would command a higher salary than Leach. So admin better be ready to fork up the cash, or get ready to sit in the shit bin for the next 10 seasons.

What I am worried about is the transition to a new offense. I like the gun-slinging we are currently doing. I REALLY DONT WANT TO CHANGE IT!

I am literally just still so shocked and pissed....I really cant find words for it.

redraiderinfiji
01-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Another thing.....If Tech admin stays this fucking cheap, and refuse to go for a high profile coach. They can kiss their fans and football team goodbye.

chrisattsu
01-02-2010, 04:19 PM
If Tuberville comes, he comes. He would command a higher salary than Leach. So admin better be ready to fork up the cash, or get ready to sit in the shit bin for the next 10 seasons.

What I am worried about is the transition to a new offense. I like the gun-slinging we are currently doing. I REALLY DONT WANT TO CHANGE IT!

I am literally just still so shocked and pissed....I really cant find words for it.

I agree. I think the cloud of dust, gun-slinging attitude fits Texas Tech perfectly.

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:37 AM

AND FINALLY

It's premature to say Tech will suddenly fall off the map.

We'll take a short term 3-4 year hit I think, but people get over things like this faster than you think.

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech's going to turn into a desolate, ubershitty version of A&M, where the good ol' boys saving face is more important than the on-field product. I feel a bit for Tech Fan because firing an innovative winner that is fairly happy in the Panhandle is absolutely retarded. How can anyone involved be happy with the outcome here?

nobody's happy, but Tech will not turn into a desolate, ubershitty version of A&M over night. :lol

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:41 AM

+1 trillion

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Ok, I get the fact that you don't like how it went down or the fact that he's gone.

So question is, you deal with it and move on, Tuberville wouldn't be a good hire you think?

Your other choices are little Dykes and Briles for starters. I already heard that ttek will never pay Briles' buyout so that is moot. What about Sumerlin?

I'm ok with McNeill moving into the HC spot if the right offensive coordinator is place.

Blake
01-03-2010, 05:48 AM
if Tuberville wants the job...you give it to him.

you mean just like how if Fran wants the job...you give it to him?

SpuronyourFace
01-03-2010, 09:51 AM
nobody's happy, but Tech will not turn into a desolate, ubershitty version of A&M over night. :lol

Not over night, but over the course of next season you will.

Im suprised Tech fans are not in more of an uproar about the situation. No self respecting tech fan should of shown up at he Bowl game yesterday(outside of the players parents and coache's families). And not tech fan should purchase season tickets or even go to the games next year to witness the demise to a&m level football.

MajorMike
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
ttek has already said they can't pony up the money for Briles' buyout; which could be true or just a nice way of saying 'We aren't interested' without having to say it.

You got two Bowdens (three actually) that need jobs. Fulmer? (lol) What about someone who had uccess but failed at a 2nd job, like Petrino or Kragthorpe? Skip Holtz? Bruce Davis? Gary Gibbs? John Blake? Peterson? Sumlin? Could they sway the TCU guy?

CubanMustGo
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech would have to buy out Patterson's contract at TCU, they just gave him a big extension through 2016.

MajorMike
01-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Understood, but would you rather pay 3 or 4 mil for Briles' buyout or 5 or 6 for Patterson's? I don't think there is a way he would go to ttek, I'm just sayin'...

Blake
01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Not over night, but over the course of next season you will.

over the course of next season? I don't think so. The team is loaded with juniors and the schedule is favorable. Tech will be in a decent bowl again next year......maybe even the Cotton.

Im suprised Tech fans are not in more of an uproar about the situation. No self respecting tech fan should of shown up at he Bowl game yesterday(outside of the players parents and coache's families). And not tech fan should purchase season tickets or even go to the games next year to witness the demise to a&m level football.

nah.

It's not like Tech will suddenly forget how to play ball and revert back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

The Raiders will be fine.

Blake
01-03-2010, 10:50 PM
ttek has already said they can't pony up the money for Briles' buyout; which could be true or just a nice way of saying 'We aren't interested' without having to say it.

You got two Bowdens (three actually) that need jobs. Fulmer? (lol) What about someone who had uccess but failed at a 2nd job, like Petrino or Kragthorpe? Skip Holtz? Bruce Davis? Gary Gibbs? John Blake? Peterson? Sumlin? Could they sway the TCU guy?

I'm betting they stick with Ruffin.

MajorMike
01-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't think they can get anyone better especially for the amount of money, or lack thereof, they will want to pay.

LOL texans
01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Leach should go become the head coach of Okie St.

Get to stick it to Tech every year.

johngateswhiteley
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM

actually, i think okie dokie university is one of those situations where leach could thrive. he'd have the flexibility.

Blake
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM

:lol

Then we'd miss quotes such as "I'M A MAN! I'M 40."

Blake
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think they can get anyone better especially for the amount of money, or lack thereof, they will want to pay.

most likely....

I think the thought process right now is that they can be successful with the current staff in place.

I'm still hoping that Dana Holgorsen will return somehow as offensive coordinator. I would then feel much, much better.

MajorMike
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM

Yah, I know; would be much better than every other year.