PDA

View Full Version : Remember 2003

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
The Spurs faced a tough matchup with Phoenix that year and had to tighten their nutz in order to win that series in six games.

This Nuggets series has the same sort of feel to me.

After getting past Phoenix in the first round that year the Spurs were toughened up for the rest of the series they played on their way to the championship.

I'm hoping this year's Spurs got the message that intensity is going to be the key, and that without it they'll be fishing soon.

I think they did. I believe we'll see a different Spurs team in game 2.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I believe we'll see a different Spurs team in game 2.

Side note about "Believe".

Each NBA team puts out a playoff media guide filled with all the info on the team, stats, box scores from the season, etc. They are binded nicely with colorful covers and can be picked up by media members at games.

Last night, I pickup the Nuggets one and what does it say on the cover? ....

BELIEVE.

:wtf I thought timvp had a patent on it!

Damn Nuggets!

GrandeDavid
04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Ed, great take. While the Nuggets are certainly hotter and pose a different challenge than Phoenix did, and the Spurs also had different personnel and Tim was healthy, I see your point. I couldn't agree more. I think they'll come back strong on Wednesday and get the win.

exstatic
04-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Actually, the situation in '03 was even more desperate. David was listed as out for game #2.

ladiesman
04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Actually, the situation in '03 was even more desperate. David was listed as out for game #2.

And T-Rex was suspended. Danny Ferry was the hero for that game.

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
The Spurs faced a tough matchup with Phoenix that year and had to tighten their nutz in order to win that series in six games.

This Nuggets series has the same sort of feel to me.

After getting past Phoenix in the first round that year the Spurs were toughened up for the rest of the series they played on their way to the championship.

I'm hoping this year's Spurs got the message that intensity is going to be the key, and that without it they'll be fishing soon.

I think they did. I believe we'll see a different Spurs team in game 2.

Ed, get off my nuts.

I was the first to make this comparison last night about 10pm, and I have had 2 or 3 people copy my thoughts and get credit for it.

:flipoff

:)

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Tim, Tony, and Bruce all brought it up in the locker room too -- Damn them for copying JimCS's thoughts. :)

King
04-25-2005, 01:51 PM
The only thing that kept the Spurs from winning was 0-17. That won't happen again.

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Tim, Tony, and Bruce all brought it up in the locker room too -- Damn them for copying JimCS's thoughts. :)

I think they did Kori....as you can see my post was before their interviews.:)_

Yesterday, 10:29 PM #37
Jimcs50
Nostradamas Jr.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $800
Re: no need to worry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys remember Phoenix' miracle shots 2 yrs ago to win games against us?

Well, Denver had one tonight....you can not rely on them, and SA will come back because of that.

This team is young, they do not know how to close out a series....SA will win it.
Offline | Online

:smokin

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Ed, get off my nuts.

I was the first to make this comparison last night about 10pm, and I have had 2 or 3 people copy my thoughts and get credit for it.

:flipoff

Jim, I'd like to formally apologize for not reviewing all 20,613 of your posts to see if you'd ever made a similar statement. My bad homey. :)

I was crying too hard at 10pm to get in here and see what my favorite dentist was posting about the game.

boutons
04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
The comparison with 03 Spurs first playoff loss is totally BS. Whether you first or last to make it, it's still total BS.

The 03 Spurs were tougher, had leadership in DRob, were a better road team, had more confidence, and above, much better health in the key players.

The 05 Nuggets are starting the playoffs miles better than the 03 Suns, and are playing with much more confidence, and better coaching and talent.

BS, total BS.

Shelly
04-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Damn, Jimbo...you really ARE Nostradamas Jr.

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Jim, I'd like to formally apologize for not reviewing all 20,613 of your posts to see if you'd ever made a similar statement. My bad homey. :)

I was crying too hard at 10pm to get in here and see what my favorite dentist was posting about the game.

Damn, I already have another 600+ posts ???

I do need to get a life.

:rolleyes

It is all good buddy.....I will let you ride my nuts all you want.

:spin

Shelly
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Gay abc forum!

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Damn, Jimbo...you really ARE Nostradamas Jr.

Yes Shelly, you just now noticed that?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Boutons, how do you really feel?

The '05 team has had injuries, for sure, but man for man, this Spurs team is better than the '03 team.

As for Phoenix, that was a team that played us tough all season, and Starbury posed serious matchup problems for us. That was a series we seriously could have lost, and was probably our toughest test in that '03 post season.

This year if we get past Denver we will get the Sonics or Kings. I think if we get up the gumption to beat Denver we'll easily take Seattle or Sacto. Phoenix will be tough, but no tougher than winning this Denver series. And I think Detroit and Miami will be no more of a challenge than what we currently face.

If you want to talk injuries, why don't you recall the fact that David, our Anchor, played that '03 playoffs at half-speed because of his back.

You can spread your poo-poo all you want Boutons, but I think the comparison is very valid. Go BS on that.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Gay abc forum!

Don't worry Shell, the Chopper doesn't fly that way!

Shelly
04-25-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm sure there will be at least one person on this forum that will be disappointed! Well..maybe a few others...

:lol

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Gay abc forum!

as I said before, the Gay forum is boring, only TPark and Gay ABC are in there and one gets tired of reading the proclaimations of love for each other over and over.

GrandeDavid
04-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I'd say Detroit, not sure about Miami, would be tougher than Denver. World Champions and very tough defense. Plus Rasheed and Ben Wallace to harass Duncan and Nesterovic. All hangs on health, though!

Das Texan
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
its time to toughen up, get balls of steel and destroy the nuggets.

i'm not overly worried at this point.

its a loss that will pay dividends later.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd say Detroit, not sure about Miami, would be tougher than Denver. World Champions and very tough defense. Plus Rasheed and Ben Wallace to harass Duncan and Nesterovic. All hangs on health, though!

Agreed. Detroit likely won't relinquish anything easily.

stéphane
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I think they did Kori....as you can see my post was before their interviews.:)
Tony Parker Interview 04/19

Tony, it’s official now, you will face Denver in the 1st round of the PO.

This match up is gonna be tough. They’re on a good streak, even if they lost yesterday against Phœnix. This 1st round reminds me when we faced Phœnix two years ago. Like the Suns at that time, Denver always play well against us (2-2 so far this year). We will have to be “in” and ready to go past this obstacle.

oups you were not prior to that one. :smokin
here's the link http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13931