PDA

View Full Version : Basketball is all about heart, execution, stamina and durability

Findog
12-31-2009, 02:39 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiHxIdkjA5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiHxIdkjA5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who are your All Stars this year? Here's mine:

My West All-Star Team:

C: Duncan
PF: Dirk
SF: Melo
SG: Kobe
PG: Paul

Bench: Nash, Roy, Durant, Gasol, D Will, Carl Landry, Chris Kaman

My East All-Star Team:

C: Dwight
PF: Bosh
SF: Bron
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Wade

Bench: KG, Pierce, Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, David Lee, Antawn Jamison, Al Horford

jag
12-31-2009, 03:02 AM
Having Duncan at the PF position is terrible because the WC is stacked at PF. I'd rather see him at C because I know he'd be starting. Oh well...

And Mo Williams is just not an All Star.

23LeBronJames23
12-31-2009, 03:13 AM
How in the hell is carl landry an all star?

Many PackYao
12-31-2009, 03:19 AM
How in the hell is carl landry an all star?

Because he has been playing like one this year. He is averaging 17ppg/6rpg off the bench.

MiamiHeat
12-31-2009, 04:28 AM
that's a pretty damn good list. can't say I disagree with any of the starters

Rogue
12-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Who are your All Stars this year? Here's mine:

My West All-Star Team:

C: Duncan
PF: Dirk
SF: Melo
SG: Kobe
PG: Paul

Bench: Nash, Roy, Durant, Gasol, D Will, Carl Landry, Chris Kaman

My East All-Star Team:

C: Dwight
PF: Bosh
SF: Bron
SG: Joe Johnson
PG: Wade

Bench: KG, Pierce, Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, David Lee, Antawn Jamison, Al Horford
Tim Duncan is listed as a forward in the ballot hence it's impossible he would start at C for all-star game in dallas. Honestly it's time to see some changes on the all-star starting 5 like a swap between Dirk and Duncan, especially considering the game will be held in dallas. If Duncan maintains his starting role for some reason, either Dirk or Melo will descend back to bench and preferably Melo will be the unlucky guy even though he deserves to start far better than Duncan does.

Carl Landry well deserves his all-star appearance btw. Probably Landry is the best NBA player used as a backup and also the lowest paid all-star level player. It's glaringly obvious an all-star appearance means a lot to Landry himself, at least after sementing his status as an all-star he'll get what he deserves when his contract is renewed with Rockets.

Rogue
12-31-2009, 05:16 AM
it's terminally bad news to escalate Lee to all-star game honestly. The knicks have managed to trim enough bad stocks for a comfortable salary room coming the summer next year, which however would only be barely enough for one maximum recruitment. Clearly Knicks would miss their shot for Lebron if Lee takes a contract worth double-digit mill annually. And the worse scenario is NY let Lee walk elsewhere and also fail to obtain Lebron, which is more likely to come true IMHO.

MiamiHeat
12-31-2009, 05:30 AM
LeBron will not want to play with Antoni....

any chance of NY landing LeBron ended with his hiring, imo.

Findog
12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Having Duncan at the PF position is terrible because the WC is stacked at PF. I'd rather see him at C because I know he'd be starting. Oh well...

I'd rather start Duncan at C than Bynum or Amar'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' 'e. And for the same reason, I have Wade at PG. No way Joe Johnson is coming off the bench because Rondo should start.

And Mo Williams is just not an All Star.

He is in the East. I thought about Brandon Jennings, but he's shooting 40% from the floor.

Findog
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Because he has been playing like one this year. He is averaging 17ppg/6rpg off the bench.

Team success weights heavily in my mind. I had to have a Rocket on there.

Double-Up
12-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Team success weights heavily in my mind. I had to have a Rocket on there.

:toast

Findog
12-31-2009, 05:00 PM
:toast

Would you say he's been the Rockets' MVP so far?

Double-Up
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Would you say he's been the Rockets' MVP so far?

No doubt, the combination of toughness, low post game, and his sweet jumpshot...all off the bench is the reason we're still in the playoff hunt.

Xylus
12-31-2009, 05:12 PM
What's the justification for leaving Amare off the All-Star Team?

20.5 pts
8.5 reb

On the West's 3-seed. Are you counting Amare as a Center or a PF?

Findog
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
What's the justification for leaving Amare off the All-Star Team?

20.5 pts
8.5 reb

On the West's 3-seed. Are you counting Amare as a Center or a PF?

I've already got a Phoenix Sun and tbh, I just don't like Amare. He should probably be in there ahead of Kaman, but like I said, Amare would never make an All Star team I was in charge of unless it was 2005.

Xylus
12-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I've already got a Phoenix Sun and tbh, I just don't like Amare. He should probably be in there ahead of Kaman, but like I said, Amare would never make an All Star team I was in charge of unless it was 2005.

Why don't you like Amare, just out of curiosity?

Findog
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Why don't you like Amare, just out of curiosity?

I just think he's a guy that has never "gotten it." He could be so dominant, he has the physical tools to be a good defender but has never developed that part of his game....plus he talks like he gets it but his play on the court says otherwise. Melo is a guy that I used to not like, but I think he gets it now.