PDA

View Full Version : Insider: Spurs making a move to acquire David West

Pages : [1] 2

Lerbillia
12-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Hello all--

I am good friends with a Spurs Insider, and I have heard that San Antonio is working on a deal that would send the contracts of Roger Mason Jr, Matt Bonner, and Michael Finley to New Orleans in exchange for F David West.

The Spurs would acquire a guy to complement Tim Duncan on the offensive end, and the Hornets would be saving $9 million.

This deal is expected to be announced within the next few days, but there is possibility of third team involved.

Take it for what its worth

-L$

spursfan09
12-31-2009, 11:29 AM
I wish

Muser
12-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Please no.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Waves bullshit flag...

SpursFanInAustin
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
New Orleans would never go for that for an All-Star caliber player. Sounds like more wishful thinking.

exstatic
12-31-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not that impressed by West. I don't really think he's that much better than Boozer, and I don't like Boozer at all. He also seems like a bitch, and not Spurs material. He's not a defender or a shot blocker.

That being said, the price is right.

Dex
12-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Trade works in the trade machine. Wouldn't be completely crazy for either team, neither. New Orleans gets a few veteran players (and more Spurs leftovers :lol) and shakes things up a bit, Spurs get a quality bigman beside Duncan.

That being said, I don't buy it. Just can't see the Spurs parting with three of their sharp-shooters. This team is reliant upon putting shooters around Tim. While having West in the system is tempting, it's not worth getting rid of so much corporate knowledge and further draining a backcourt that is already struggling to produce.

exstatic
12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
New Orleans would never go for that for an All-Star caliber player. Sounds like more wishful thinking.

Uh, they were hours from salary dumping Chandler last year. The team is in financial trouble, and all transactions won't necessarily be to put the best team on the floor.

I'd rather have Okafor, even if the price were higher.

I. Hustle
12-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Insider troll
is inside

phyzik
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM

There was an article in the NBA forum saying they might be forced to move David West. They are looking to take some money off the books. No one is going to take on Peja's massive contract, they will never give up CP3, everyone else on the team is something other teams dont need, that pretty much leaves David West.

Having said that, I dont think I want to give up Money Mase just yet so I hope it doesnt happen.

Muser
12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
This doesn't help at all, we already have a shit load of offense.

5in10
We have a cheaper version of him in mcdyess, what we need is a shotblocking big and west just doesn't fit that need.

Y2Spursk
I heard them talking about this deal on the radio the other day.

We'd finally have somebody to matchup with Nowitski and make him work on the defensive end.

I like this deal :tu

spursfan09
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
But he slapped Nowitski, and thats always an A+ in my book.

bdictjames
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I like it, but there is no way the Hornets are pulling this off.

easy7
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Sounds good to me.

BacktoBasics
12-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Hairston probably likes this deal.

I. Hustle
I have two friends who work for the Spurs and have not heard this. They usually have all the gossip. I don't post it on here because I don't want to look like an idiot when it doesn't happen.

admiralsnackbar
we have a cheaper version of him in mcdyess, what we need is a shotblocking big and west just doesn't fit that need.

+1

spectator
to a division rival? are you kidding me? NO would be crazy to do it; if they move west, it's going to be either to an eastern conference team or receive better talent than what the spurs have to offer.

the spurs would do this deal in a heartbeat. finley and mason are not part of their long term planning; we would lose bonner's 3 point, but west has can shoot a long 2, plus he is an athletic PF that the spurs haven't had since rose.

exstatic
12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
But he slapped Nowitski, and thats always an A+ in my book.

Shit, I forgot about that. :lol

OK, he gets a few more points.

anonoftheinternets
cmon BUMP ..you gotta try harder than that.... youre slipping

spectator
hairston probably likes this deal.

+1

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 11:44 AM
actually youre not slipping this sounds about right for you.

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 11:44 AM
youre watching the page, arent you going to come clean that this is your troll? especially since uve been called out so easily?

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 11:46 AM
lol BUMP left...

jrmp317
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
if the Hornets make this move, Chris Paul demands a trade and effectively kills basketball in New Orleans. No way this move happens, even with how bad they are hurting financially.

BUMP
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I'll admit i'm a little worried about this if it falls through.

West competely owns the Mavs on the offensive side, but the Spurs still have to many weapons on the offensive end. Who's gonna take the shots? :lol

phyzik
12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
I dont want this trade to happen but those who are saying its impossible and no way the Hornets would do it need to take a real good look at the situation in NO. They are strapped for cash big time and are desperately trying to free up some space on the books.

anonoftheinternets
I'll admit i'm a little worried about this if it falls through.

West competely owns the Mavs on the offensive side, but the Spurs still have to many weapons on the offensive end. Who's gonna take the shots? :lol

:rolleyes

cmon dude we all know its your troll .. quit it already you look silly

Muser
Thank god this is a troll.

superbigtime
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Hmm interesting. It would put Blair in the cold though. And Mason has been playing really well lately. But I sure don't mind losing Finley and Bonner. Basically just sacrificing Mason who probably is not a long term prospect.

Ibanezsr
12-31-2009, 11:52 AM
The only problem I have with this trade is that it is depleting SA of their best 3 pt shooters..

lotr1trekkie
12-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Trade would be an upgrade on the first unit if West were playing the #3 and Jefferson moved to the bench with Manu, Dice, and George. I really don't understand how it makes sense to add more O unless you have another move in mind. Tim needs another BIG to help like Rasho did. Big body and 5 fouls to give.

BUMP
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
The only problem I have with this trade is that it is depleting SA of their best 3 pt shooters..

Maybe but Bonner is useless, and Hill needs to be playing more and more and Mason only takes away from that scenario. Finley is Finley and is not in anybody's future plans.

If this deal falls through then I expect the Hornets to waive him outright

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe but Bonner is useless, and Hill needs to be playing more and more and Mason only takes away from that scenario. Finley is Finley and is not in anybody's future plans.

If this deal falls through then I expect the Hornets to waive him outright

lol bump stop it :lol you look desperate to keep this thread going. Youve been called out jus man up and try another day.

spectator
12-31-2009, 12:03 PM
alright, this deal prob wont happen; but if it does and the spurs bring splitter next year, can you imagine our frontline: Duncan/West | Splitter/McDyess

on a scale from 1 to tiger woods # of mistresses

this would be awesome! come on!!!

BUMP
12-31-2009, 12:05 PM
lol bump stop it :lol you look desperate to keep this thread going. Youve been called out jus man up and try another day.

Whatever you say Mr. Moderator :rolleyes

Everytime somebody starts one of these threads you bring my name up.

I. Hustle
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Not for nothing
Never happen
I'll be forever mackin'
Heart cold as assassins

O-Factor
but he slapped nowitski, and thats always an a+ in my book.

+1

dbestpro
I thought today was December 31st not April 1st.

mexicanjunior
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm sure this thread is bogus but I would be all for this trade...

Ginobili2Duncan
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
The Spurs do not need another scorer they need another big man who can take pressure off of TD defending the opposition's best post player, and another bigman besides Duncan who can block and alter shots in the lane, West doesn't do any of this. Like someone else said I would much rather have Okafor.

DesignatedT
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
gimme gimme gimme :hungry:

eisfeld
12-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello all--

I am good friends with a Spurs Insider, and I have heard that San Antonio is working on a deal that would send the contracts of Roger Mason Jr, Matt Bonner, and Michael Finley to New Orleans in exchange for F David West.

The Spurs would acquire a guy to complement Tim Duncan on the offensive end, and the Hornets would be saving $9 million.

This deal is expected to be announced within the next few days, but there is possibility of third team involved.

-L$

Anyone claiming to be an insider and not finishing his posts with "Chow Jonathan" can't be taken seriously. Sorry...

Libri
12-31-2009, 12:20 PM
IIRC, West was having problems with his back.

sonic21
12-31-2009, 12:22 PM
overrated.
Black hole in offense.
No D
Soft

no thanks

Spursmania
12-31-2009, 12:22 PM
West's D sucks and he's lazy. But put him on a contender team and I bet he changes his attitude on D real quick.

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Replace Mason with Bogans and Ian and I would do it.

rascal
12-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Trade works in the trade machine. Wouldn't be completely crazy for either team, neither. New Orleans gets a few veteran players (and more Spurs leftovers :lol) and shakes things up a bit, Spurs get a quality bigman beside Duncan.

That being said, I don't buy it. Just can't see the Spurs parting with three of their sharp-shooters. This team is reliant upon putting shooters around Tim. While having West in the system is tempting, it's not worth getting rid of so much corporate knowledge and further draining a backcourt that is already struggling to produce.

Unbelievable people still would not make this trade. What do you want? Good players for nothing!!

benefactor
12-31-2009, 12:25 PM
West is a slightly better version of Drew Gooden. With the shooters we will lose this is a lateral move at best.

BacktoBasics
12-31-2009, 12:28 PM
West is a slightly better version of Drew Gooden. With the shooters we will lose this is a lateral move at best.
I was getting ready to say the same thing. West has better range but Gooden was a better rebounder and post player. I'd probably still do this trade but I think Mason is an underrated and under utilized Spur. Although he as been seeing more minutes lately.

Spursmania
IIRC, West was having problems with his back.

True. Maybe he's having even more problems with his back now, and they want to get rid of him before it gets worse. This coincides with them being strapped financially. They do need to get rid of him.

I just can't see this happening via the Spurs. But, hell, look at what the Spurs did this summer. Shocked everybody.

rascal

You won't win a title relying on the shooters you will be giving up in this trade.

DesignatedT
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
I was getting ready to say the same thing. West has better range but Gooden was a better rebounder and post player. I'd probably still do this trade but I think Mason is an underrated and under utilized Spur. Although he as been seeing more minutes lately.

mason is playing lights out right now, if the spurs were to trade him or have doubts about being unable to resign him now would be a time to ship him. i love mason just as much as the next person and could live with him pulling up from 3 all game, but be serious now. he disappeared in the playoffs last year, he still plays below average defense and really isn't that much of a valuable asset to us.

david west would be a good fit here IMO. him next to duncan would work because he can still stretch the floor AND it gives us another player that can actually post up and score.. see the lakers. they can run the offense through bynum on one side and gasol on the other. that would be great for us.

if this were to happen i would actually want to try and keep fin around, but this isnt happening in the first place.

jb4g
12-31-2009, 12:33 PM
west is gonna get moved somewhere, NO is not gonna pay lux tax on a team that wont even make the playoffs this year. I would be shocked if they trade him to a division contender though. I would also hate to see Mason go...but if the front office thinks they wont be able to resign him this summer maybe they do this.

SPURSGOAT
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
To finally be rid of Finley and Bonner + have a big to run alongside TD? HELL YEA! I like it! :toast

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
This would be an absolute no-brainer for the Spurs, but why would NO do it? His contract is pretty damn good for the level of production he gives ($9M this year, $8.3M next year, and a player option for $7.5M in 11-12). It's not like he's overpaid or anything. As much as NO wants to shed salary, why would they do it with someone worth what he's being paid? I can't see them moving West without the other team having to take the last 3 years of James Posey's deal too.

Libri
12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
True. Maybe he's having even more problems with his back now, and they want to get rid of him before it gets worse. This coincides with them being strapped financially. They do need to get rid of him.

I just can't see this happening via the Spurs. But, hell, look at what the Spurs did this summer. Shocked everybody.

I've also noted that West's salary decreases in his remaining years and his contract expires in 2011/12, same as Tim's. I don't know if this is attractive to the Spurs but there could be a team that favors his decrease in salary.

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Any guess as to whether the OP is Culburn369's troll though? :lol

dbestpro
12-31-2009, 12:54 PM
If there was any truth to this you would see a significant increase in play for either Haislip or Hairston as they would want to first prove they could man the back up SF position. Unless of course Bruce comes out of retirement. Gonna start a rumor you might as well start a big one.

TJastal
12-31-2009, 01:06 PM
As much as I don't care for West's personality, as a basketball player he's talented and is in his prime and he could put the spurs over the top. Key word there, "could".

Positives

1. This would move Blair back to the bench, where he'll be more effective. As a rookie, its going to be tough and I don't think he's up to that type of challenge yet.

2. West gives the starting unit a solid perimeter threat at the PF position. I believe West has a few post up moves as well. Better defender with more length at the PF than Blair. Solid upgrade all around.

Negatives

1. Lose 3pt shooting, depth, a few veteran locker room presence, and the corporate knowledge of those 3 players. Losing Roger would especially hurt this year, regardless of whether he's sticking around or not. He's been a big part of that bench success so far.

2. West has an ego. Which makes me nervous. He likes to shoot alot. Would that be a problem? His most recent game he scored 44 on 18-30. If he shoots almost 60% reguarily I guess the spurs could be accomodating.

Gut feeling: There is no question West is talented. But I think the ego thing could be a problem, esp if West doesn't get involved as much as he wants in the offense. There are already a limited # of touches for RJ which has been a problem. Adding West could potentially amplify this problem and create another.

I'm undecided right now.

jack0fspeed
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
if the Hornets make this move, Chris Paul demands a trade and effectively kills basketball in New Orleans. No way this move happens, even with how bad they are hurting financially.

Agreed.

It's possible that the Hornets move David West, but they wouldn't do it without getting comparable talent in return.

Even if they were thinking they would give away West for expirings. They could get that kind of a deal from a whole bunch of teams. They wouldn't do that within their division. They probably wouldn't do it within their conference.

Maybe put Ginobili into the mix and you might have something more realistic.

Ginobili2Duncan
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
The Spurs need guys like Okafor, Haywood, or Camby

Mark in Austin
12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
This would be an absolute no-brainer for the Spurs, but why would NO do it? His contract is pretty damn good for the level of production he gives ($9M this year, $8.3M next year, and a player option for $7.5M in 11-12). It's not like he's overpaid or anything. As much as NO wants to shed salary, why would they do it with someone worth what he's being paid? I can't see them moving West without the other team having to take the last 3 years of James Posey's deal too.

yeah it seems like this would be the fall back trade at the deadline if New Orleans absolutely can't move anybody else. Too soon to do this deal from a basketball business only perspective.

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 01:16 PM

Agree with the 'no-brainer' and I understand the skepticism, but West might be their only movable significant contract:

Peja Stojakovic $13,392,000 (ETO)$14,256,000

James Posey $6,031,800 $6,478,600 $6,925,400

Morris Peterson $5,800,000 $6,200,000

Darius Songaila $4,526,000 (ETO)$4,818,000

I can't see them moving Okafor less than a year after acquiring him, so West makes sense; I don't see a team touching any of those other contracts unless some kind of bidding war ensues for West. And as we saw this summer, there aren't too many teams willing enough or in the right financial position to make such a move; the Spurs' all-in approach and desperation to capitalize in the here and now makes them one of the few.

West for expirings and a promotion for Hairston?

'Tis the season...

BacktoBasics
12-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Great troll job nonetheless.

Yogurt210
12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
I kinda like this. West also has balls and attitude. Kinda what spurs need a little of right now.

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Agree with the 'no-brainer' and I understand the skepticism, but West might be their only movable significant contract:

Peja Stojakovic $13,392,000 (ETO)$14,256,000

James Posey $6,031,800 $6,478,600 $6,925,400

Morris Peterson $5,800,000 $6,200,000

Darius Songaila $4,526,000 (ETO)$4,818,000

I can't see them moving Okafor less than a year after acquiring him, so West makes sense; I don't see a team touching any of those other contracts unless some kind of bidding war ensues for West. And as we saw this summer, there aren't too many teams willing enough or in the right financial position to make such a move; the Spurs' all-in approach and desperation to capitalize in the here and now makes them one of the few.

West for expirings and a promotion for Hairston?

'Tis the season...

I think West will be the bait they'll offer to get another team to take on Stojakovic's or Posey's contracts.

Spurologist
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
The Spurs need guys like Okafor, Haywood, or Camby

:tu

TIMMYD!
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Nah, Okafor or Camby would be the only guys I would like, we have enough scoring we don't need someone to take the shots from RJ.

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
I think West will be the bait they'll offer to get another team to take on Stojakovic's or Posey's contracts.

I agree that that's their hope, but the financial climate and marketplace doesn't set the stage for an abundance of potential suitors; West's contract could end up being their only way of shedding significant salary..

FkLA
12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
For those wanting Camby doesnt he expire this year though, so our expiring trash really wouldnt be as enticing to the Clips as it is to the Hornets...we shouldve jumped on that Camby deal last year.

Das Texan
12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I'll take West in a heartbeat.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
This trade is a steal. Do it.

Sense
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I call bullshit.

Spurs 21+20+9=50
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
What if you were to add Devin Brown and Ian Mahinmi into the mix? That would make it an easier deal to swallow for me.

Why? Spurs get back a SG that is a decent 3 point shooter (making up for losing outside shooting in Fin, Mase, and Bonner) and decent perimeter defender. Although there are reports that Brown fell out of favor with the Spurs while here, he knows the system and definitely is a better perimeter defender than Mason or Finley.

Seems like the Ian experiment may be over, but adding him gives NO another big with an expiring contract and makes the $$ match for the trade.

Trade works in the trade machine. Probably won't happen, but interesting to consider.

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree that that's their hope, but the financial climate and marketplace doesn't set the stage for an abundance of potential suitors; West's contract could end up being their only way of shedding significant salary..

Which leads me to believe this wouldn't be done until the trade deadline, after they've exhausted all efforts to include one of their bloated contracts.

For those wanting Camby doesnt he expire this year though, so our expiring trash really wouldnt be as enticing to the Clips as it is to the Hornets...we shouldve jumped on that Camby deal last year.

They did, and they were turned down; not losing Hill should turn out to be something we're all grateful for down the line.

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Any guess as to whether the OP is Culburn369's troll though? :lol

dude its a bump troll. cmon people read teh posts...

ChumpDumper
Hello all--

-L$You forgot to say "Chow."

JustinJDW
What is with all these fake guys pretending to be "Spurs Insiders"? Is it suppose to be a cool trend or something?

Anyway, I would much rather have Marcus Camby! GET MARCUS FUCKING CAMBY! If we get him, our system would be complete and perfect. We need defense, rebounding and blocking alongside Timmy! Camby is perfect! Fuck David West! Get fucking Camby!

Trade Roger Mason, Matt Bonner and Michael Finley for Camby.

C: Marcus Camby/Antonio McDyess/Theo Ratliff
PF: Tim Duncan/Dejuan Blair
SF: Richard Jefferson/Malik Hairston/Marcus Haislip
SG: Keith Bogans/Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker/George Hill

Now tell me this rotation wouldn't kick ass. This is a Defensive Minded Rotation that would rape everyone! Get this done R.C!

JustinJDW
12-31-2009, 01:55 PM
The Spurs do not need another scorer they need another big man who can take pressure off of TD defending the opposition's best post player, and another bigman besides Duncan who can block and alter shots in the lane, West doesn't do any of this. Like someone else said I would much rather have Okafor.Camby! Camby is perfect.

The Spurs need guys like Okafor, Haywood, or CambyCamby is what we need.

GET CAMBY!

DMX7
12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
We're over the cap. This is complete bullshit.

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Goddamn spurs getting rid of their three best 3 point shooters? For David West?

I'd say no because there goes Dejuan's playing time, and our wing would be so thin, but goddamn our front court would be beasty. Malik fans would love this lol

Findog
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello all--

-L$

Okay, guy with 12 posts.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM
we need this deal to match up w/ the Fakers.

DAF86
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
we need this deal to match up w/ the Fakers.

David West? really?

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Camby! Camby is perfect.

Camby is what we need.

GET CAMBY!

Justin,..

Camby would be absolutely fabulous. But how on earth do you expect the Spurs to get him?

in2deep
12-31-2009, 02:10 PM
he's soft. But for what we would give up, I would do it

TimDunkem
12-31-2009, 02:11 PM
How does a Boston fan know Spurs insiders?

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
So assume this move goes through:

48 minutes for PF and 48 for C.

20 at C for Duncan, 10 at PF

10 at C for Ratliff

10 at C for McDyess and 15 at PF

3 at C for Blair 10 at PF

5 at C for West 13 at PF

Of course Jefferson will get minutes at PF as well.

I think Finley and Bonner could be on the move, but Mason is unlikely.

Get Ratliff out of the rotation. He is not very good. Only insurance for injury.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Camby! Camby is perfect.

Camby is what we need.

GET CAMBY!

Sorry. Camby is not part of the rumor.

:lmao

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
This trade could be a go, I just saw a scroll on ESPN.

West is 6'9" and has been an all-star the past two seasons.

Salary = 9.8 mil

Finley

Red E 2 retire

Salary = 2.5 mil

Bonner

Not a real big man

Salary = 3 mil

Mason

Just a role player

Salary = 3.5 mil

Zero_Twilight
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't do this trade because we'd be losing our best shooters. If you noticed, most teams are playing a Zone against the Spurs.....

This is the reason we should have been playing Ian to make him "look good" in case an opportunity like this were to present itself.

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Do you know which team Camby is on?

I most certainly do,..

Now do YOU have any idea how the Spurs can get him?

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM

Salary = 9.8 mil

Finley

Red E 2 retire

Salary = 2.5 mil

Bonner

Not a real big man

Salary = 3 mil

Mason

Just a role player

Salary = 3.5 mil

Nope,..

The Hornets want and know they can receive more in both return compensation talent and expiring contract money than that for West,..it's a money dump and that's not nearly enough of what they'll get.

Spurs 21+20+9=50
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't do this trade because we'd be losing our best shooters. If you noticed, most teams are playing a Zone against the Spurs.....

This is the reason we should have been playing Ian to make him "look good" in case an opportunity like this were to present itself.

Throw Ian into the deal and get back Devin Brown. He can hit the 3 and play perimeter D.

Zero_Twilight
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM

Salary = 9.8 mil

Finley

Red E 2 retire

Salary = 2.5 mil

Bonner

Not a real big man

Salary = 3 mil

Mason

Just a role player

Salary = 3.5 mil

When you draw it up like that: This trade does look tempting. Tempting indeed. Especially if it means keeping Manu in SA longer.

Has David West gotten any surgery done on him? Anyone know?

Shastafarian

Care to talk about this further?

ffadicted
Ratliff will only play every third game until March anyways.

He isn't a scoring option but he will help us in the playoffs against teams with bigger line ups. He'll probably start against the Lakers.

..... are you for real

Zero_Twilight
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
..... are you for real

I can see that happening since defense wins games. If it can help to stretch the lead than by all means.

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes, he's on the Clippers.

So he's on the Clippers,..

It's noted you're totally evading offering any reasonable offer the Spurs could make to the Clippers to pull it off,..

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 02:35 PM
the third team involved better be handing us a perimeter shooter. And then the spurs can sign melvin ely and morris almond. We would be unstoppable.

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 02:38 PM
the third team involved better be handing us a perimeter shooter.

What third team?

From all indications and factors this trade is a hoax that ain't gonna happen,..

LOL@MavsFan
12-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Eh, I'll believe it when I see it.

TimDunkem
12-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Hoax.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 02:43 PM
What is with all these fake guys pretending to be "Spurs Insiders"? Is it suppose to be a cool trend or something?

Anyway, I would much rather have Marcus Camby! GET MARCUS FUCKING CAMBY! If we get him, our system would be complete and perfect. We need defense, rebounding and blocking alongside Timmy! Camby is perfect! Fuck David West! Get fucking Camby!

Trade Roger Mason, Matt Bonner and Michael Finley for Camby.

C: Marcus Camby/Antonio McDyess/Theo Ratliff
PF: Tim Duncan/Dejuan Blair
SF: Richard Jefferson/Malik Hairston/Marcus Haislip
SG: Keith Bogans/Manu Ginobili
PG: Tony Parker/George Hill

Now tell me this rotation wouldn't kick ass. This is a Defensive Minded Rotation that would rape everyone! Get this done R.C!

I used to be a believer in camby. But he's too fragile. He's hurt way too much.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:45 PM
One of the 3 lead stories on the ESPN TV scroll said; "Spurs look to stay hot versus Heat."

This is very odd, not one of the three biggest sports stories of the day. I saw this earlier and thought I missed something like a trade. But no, that's all it said.

So maybe the trade is done but the scroller had to wait?

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 02:45 PM
What third team?

From all indications and factors this trade is a hoax that ain't gonna happen,..

Yeah, your probably right. Sounds to good to be true. Besides, the spurs would lose a lot of perimeter fire power.

Shastafarian
12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
One of the 3 lead stories on the ESPN TV scroll said; "Spurs look to stay hot versus Heat."

This is very odd, not one of the three biggest sports stories of the day. I saw this earlier and thought I missed something like a trade. But no, that's all it said.

So maybe the trade is done but the scroller had to wait?

*sigh*

They look to stay hot because they've won 3 in a row.

TimDunkem
12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
*sigh*

:lol

lefty
12-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Overrated David Westette ??????

Hell no.......

Jump shooter
Jump Shooter

Sometimes he drives to the basket, but that's because 85% of NBA power forwards are shitty defenders

My Fault
12-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Misleading thread... I don't understand how anyone believes this is even something that both sides would do.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:51 PM
*sigh*

Lots of NBA teams win 3 in a row. This is nowhere near the top 3 sports stories of the day. How about Tiger losing a sponsorship and the Leach case. Or the Sun Bowl and the other bowl games. Or Wisconsin vs Ohio State in college basketball.

This is not even a top 3 NBA story. It is on TNT that's it. They televise games all the time.

I am talking about "The Lead".

Zero_Twilight
Do you guys remember David West quitting against the Spurs in the playoffs? He let Janero Pargo carry the load while he sulked.

West has some attitude problems. Probably not Spurs material.

murpjf88
The spurs like to do everything behind closed doors. They wouldn't let a story like this leak out.

lurker23
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Kind of off topic here, but a couple of the comments about Ratliff in this thread are pretty odd. I agree with Phila_Chamberlain: I would've thought that anyone who has seen Theo play this year, plus taken into account Pop's defensive and personnel strategies, would have easily put two and two together and seen that Ratliff is going to be a pretty big part of what the Spurs are doing come late March through the playoffs. (Barring a trade that brings in another defensive-minded big man.)

FkLA
12-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Theo and Bogans in the starting line-up in the playoffs though? They'd be too much of an offensive liability if you ask me. Only way I'd see that happening is if Pop decides to also move Mase/Manu in place of Bogans.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Lots of NBA teams win 3 in a row. This is nowhere near the top 3 sports stories of the day. How about Tiger losing a sponsorship and the Leach case. Or the Sun Bowl and the other bowl games. Or Wisconsin vs Ohio State in college basketball.

This is not even a top 3 NBA story. It is on TNT that's it. They televise games all the time.

I am talking about "The Lead".Look at the schedule, genius. It's a slow NBA day -- the Spurs' streak is the biggest story for all the teams playing.

TimDunkem
12-31-2009, 02:58 PM

I am talking about "The Lead".
What does this have to do with a trade for David West?

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
the Spurs can't be dumb enough to do this lol

Galileo
12-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Now the lead is down to two top stories in all of sports today:

1) Tiger getting dumped by AT & T.

2) "Spurs try to stay hot versus Heat"

There must be a trade! West is coming to town!!

West is an all-star with a jump shot! A big man who can battle the Fakers front line!

Duncan/West/Blair/Dice upfront w/ Rat in reserve.

Parker/Hill at Point.

Swing men:

Jefferson/Manu/Bogans/Hairston/Haislip

# 5 for Tim and CIA Pop!!!!!

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
What does this have to do with a trade for David West?

It looks like the lead scroll had a line before it about a big trade. They took off the trade part and left the part about playing the Heat.

SenorSpur
12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
West is undoubtedly a very talented offensive player, who is in his prime. However, he's a piece of shit on the defensive end and has a quirky, egotistical attitude that wouldn't fly here. And I do remember him quitting on his team a few times in the past. From that standpoint, I just don't think he's a good fit.

I do understand the need to upgrade the PF position, but the Spurs could use those trade assets for something else.

Zero_Twilight
12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
It looks like the lead scroll had a line before it about a big trade. They took off the trade part and left the part about playing the Heat.

:lol

ChumpDumper
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
It looks like the lead scroll had a line before it about a big trade. They took off the trade part and left the part about playing the Heat.This would be noticed by more than one person in the world had it actually happened.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:05 PM
This would be noticed by more than one person in the world had it actually happened.

The part about the big trade may never have appeared, it was only prepared.

:hat

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:07 PM
the Spurs can't be dumb enough to do this lol

CIA Pop?

CIA Galileo?

Nostradamus?

:nope

JustinJDW
Fuck David West. He is soft and too undersized, and all he does is take jumpers. We are going to give up basically all our 3-Point Shooting for that? Hell no.

Camby! Camby is what we need. We don't need another jumpshooting big man, we need Camby. We need a TRUE 7-FOOT DEFENSIVE MINDED BIG MAN WHO CAN DEFEND THE PAINT, BLOCK SHOTS AND GET REBOUNDS!

We need Camby.

ChumpDumper
The part about the big trade may never have appeared, it was only prepared.

:hatSo the fact they didn't post anything about a trade whatsoever proves that there is a trade.

murpjf88
I think the troll got exactly what he was looking for, ATTENTION!!!!

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I think the troll got exactly what he was looking for, ATTENTION!!!!

Not a troll, I am an expert analyst of the news.

:ihit

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:10 PM
So the fact they didn't post anything about a trade whatsoever proves that there is a trade.

Why would a Spurs/Heat game be the second biggest sports story of the day?

:wow

Explain that.

murpjf88
not a troll, i am an expert analyst of the news.

:ihit

well, do you have some sort of link?

SenorSpur
Fuck David West. He is soft and too undersized, and all he does is take jumpers. We are going to give up basically all our 3-Point Shooting for that? Hell no.

Camby! Camby is what we need. We don't need another jumpshooting big man, we need Camby. We need a TRUE 7-FOOT DEFENSIVE MINDED BIG MAN WHO CAN DEFEND THE PAINT, BLOCK SHOTS AND GET REBOUNDS!

We need Camby.

For the short window the Spurs are on - THIS move makes more sense.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:11 PM
well, do you have some sort of link?

Watch ESPN.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Why would a Spurs/Heat game be the second biggest sports story of the day?

:wow

Explain that.

D-Wade vs T, Duncan possibly.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:12 PM
For the short window the Spurs are on - THIS move makes more sense.

Then find a three way trade in the trade machine.

:wakeup

Whisky Dog
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
No way this goes through, West isn't a good target for this team. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bonner, Finley, and Mahinmi shipped and possibly Mason sometime before the deadline. The Spurs have played very well without Bonner and Finley recently.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
IMO d west is no body w/o CP3 and i dun think anyone in SA would make him better thus no good to SA

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:15 PM

:wakeup

Galileo, I'm confused. I wasn't calling you a troll. I was calling the thread starter a troll,

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:16 PM
D-Wade vs T, Duncan possibly.

An NBA regular season game a bigger story than all the Bowl games today and this weekend? Bigger than Leach? Bigger than playoff odds for the NFL?

ESPN had an ALERT message. Other wise the Spurs/Heat game isn't even mentioned on most sports pages.

EXAMPLE:

http://sports.yahoo.com/

The yahoo sports home page doesn't even mention the Spurs/Heat game. It is only news if the Spurs are looking to stay hot with a big trade, the aquisition of David West.

FkLA
12-31-2009, 03:16 PM

We need Camby.

Do you even read posts?

The only attractive thing about guys like Mason, Bonner, and Finley are the fact that theyre expiring...the thing is Camby is expiring as well which basically cancels that out. Im pretty sure everyone here would love Camby on the Spurs but it isnt even remotely realistic unless we include Manu. Forget about Camby already.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Galileo, I'm confused. I wasn't calling you a troll. I was calling the thread starter a troll,

Only if it was a lie about the trade being reported on insider. I don't think that was a lie.

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
An NBA regular season game a bigger story than all the Bowl games today and this weekend? Bigger than Leach? Bigger than playoff odds for the NFL?

ESPN had an ALERT message. Other wise the Spurs/Heat game isn't even mentioned on most sports pages.

EXAMPLE:

The yahoo sports home page doesn't even mention the Spurs/Heat game. It is only news if the Spurs are looking to stay hot with a big trade, the aquisition of David West.

You may be on to something...because I was watching ESPN a little while ago and noticed on their "The Lead" scroll..."Spurs look to stay hot vs. Heat." And I thought to myself wow...the Spurs are never ever on "The Lead" scroll. Not even when they've played Phoenix or Dallas or anyone of that caliber. So why would they put the Spurs on there today?

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Do you even read posts?

The only attractive thing about guys like Mason, Bonner, and Finley are the fact that theyre expiring...the thing is Camby is expiring as well which basically cancels that out. Im pretty sure everyone here would love Camby on the Spurs but it isnt even remotely realistic unless we include Manu. Forget about Camby already.

You can include injury prone to that. It wouldn't be a wise move.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Only if it was a lie about the trade being reported on insider. I don't think that was a lie.

I only said that because he's only got a post count of 14.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Do you even read posts?

The only attractive thing about guys like Mason, Bonner, and Finley are the fact that theyre expiring

There you have it. NO has financial problems, they get three contracts to dump.

Finley might retire on announcement of the trade (and maybe come back to the Spurs).

Mason is worth little in the trade market, he has played below expectations this season and makes too much.

Bonner is just a three-point shooting role player. In the playoffs he is no good.

But at least these players at least put a product on the floor for NO and let CPS three jack up his stats.

:rollin

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:24 PM
I only said that because he's only got a post count of 14.

That's a good point. But I thought his initial statement that this was reported on insider was confirmed?

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Why do you think he was signed? DeJuan and Antonio are nice, but the Spurs signed Theo to go against Bynum.

Obviously he was signed for defense, but there's no way he gets the start/minutes over Dejuan or McDyess from what we've seen from him so far

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
You may be on to something...because I was watching ESPN a little while ago and noticed on their "The Lead" scroll..."Spurs look to stay hot vs. Heat." And I thought to myself wow...the Spurs are never ever on "The Lead" scroll. Not even when they've played Phoenix or Dallas or anyone of that caliber. So why would they put the Spurs on there today?

Aha, the pack is starting to wake up.

:married:

ChumpDumper
12-31-2009, 03:29 PM
That's a good point. But I thought his initial statement that this was reported on insider was confirmed?

:rolleyes"An insider" is not The Insider.

Whisky Dog
12-31-2009, 03:30 PM

I think he said he knows a Spurs Insider that said this, not that it was reported on ESPN Insider.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, if its true, the spurs might need another perimeter jump shooter because their losing a lot of fire-power.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, if its true, the spurs might need another perimeter jump shooter because their losing a lot of fire-power.

Finley gets cut and comes back in 30 days?

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello all--

-L$

As the jumping sharkage begins to mount, I think it's time to be refreshed of the OP.

He's claiming he's an 'insider'. This has nothing to do with ESPN Insider; a bastion of credibility he ain't..

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
If this rumor were to be true in any way, I can deal with Bonner & Finley leaving, but Mason I'm not so sure....he's finally starting to pick up where he left off last year...

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Finley gets cut and comes back in 30 days?

Of course he would; should this actually come to fruition.

Pop loves to screw with the Hairston Coalition..

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:40 PM
If this rumor were to be true in any way, I can deal with Bonner & Finley leaving, but Mason I'm not so sure....he's finally starting to pick up where he left off last year...

Yeah, but you have to give a quality player to get one in return. We aren't the lakers.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:40 PM
As the jumping sharkage begins to mount, I think it's time to be refreshed of the OP.

He's claiming he's an 'insider'. This has nothing to do with ESPN Insider; a bastion of credibility he ain't..

I believe "Lerbillia". A search of the Internet shows he has no troll background. Lerbillia only claims the Spurs are working on the trade, not that it is a sure thing.

:greedy

This is a trade possibility that has Gasol/Faker dimensions to it!!

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, but you have to give a quality player to get one in return. We aren't the lakers.

Another reason to do the trade for the Spurs; 2 of the three Spurs aren't even playing right now.

:p:

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Well the one very big positive thing I can think of if this were to be true is that David West doesnt back down from Dirk...:lol. I like that idea..:tu

benefactor
12-31-2009, 03:42 PM
You won't win a title relying on the shooters you will be giving up in this trade.
West doesn't make us any better than we were with the shooters we would be giving up. Hence the term "lateral move".

Blackjack
12-31-2009, 03:45 PM
I believe "Lerbillia". A search of the Internet shows he has no troll background. Lerbillia only claims the Spurs are working on the trade, not that it is a sure thing.

I've already laid out the rationale for NO back on page 3, so I'm not dismissing the prospect. I will, however, hold off on taking this OP as gospel until proven otherwise.

We'll see...

SpurCharger
12-31-2009, 03:48 PM
West's D sucks and he's lazy. But put him on a contender team and I bet he changes his attitude on D real quick.
I dont Know about that.... Jefferson Played No D, and was Lazy and His Transition to Playing Defense Has Been Awful.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
West doesn't make us any better than we were with the shooters we would be giving up. Hence the term "lateral move".

R U kidding? This is like the NFL draft, you go for value not for positition.

In the NBA, if you can get a 29 year old all-star (and big man) for two 29-year old role players (one injured) and a player ready to retire, then you do that in a heartbeat.

We can find another three point shooting role player later, if necessary, they are a dime a dozen. You don't worry about shit like this when you can get a steal. Sort of like nabbing a rook for a pawn or two in chess. West is a good jump shooter anyway.

:(

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM

In the NBA, if you can get a 29 year old all-star (and big man) for two 29-year old role players (one injured) and a player ready to retire, then you do that in a heartbeat.

We can find another three point shooting role player later, if necessary, they are a dime a dozen. You don't worry about shit like this when you can get a steal. Sort of like nabbing a rook for a pawn or two in chess. West is a good jump shooter anyway.

West is also known to knock down a 3 every now and then...Hmmm....:stirpot:

Spurs Brazil
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM
No way Hornets do that.

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 03:53 PM

ok cmon man. I found that it was BUMPS troll. He deleted the post where he came clean around 3 hours back. I said this like on the first page itself. Stop feeding the BUMP troll.

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:53 PM
No way Hornets do that.

Who knows? Maybe they do, maybe they dont. What we do know is that the Hornets know they have to try and move him..

JustinJDW
12-31-2009, 03:54 PM

:wakeup4 TEAM BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

Spurs Recieve
- Marcus Camby
- Marcus Landry (Filler)

Clippers Receive
- Al Harrington
- Nate Robinson
- Marcus Haislip (Filler)

Rockets Receive
- Eddy Curry
- Michael Finley
- Ian Mahinmi

Knicks Receive
- Tracy McGrady
- Matt Bonner
- Ricky Davis

Rockets want to get rid of Tracy and the Knicks want to get rid of Nate Robinson. Here is how you do it! Already checked it out on the ESPN Trade Machine, it works. The best part of this deal is that every single player involved is on the last year of their contract, except Marcus Haislip, who has two years.

Go ahead, check it out on the ESPN Trade Machine. GET IT DONE R.C! GET CAMBY!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh4drko

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 03:55 PM
I dont Know about that.... Jefferson Played No D, and was Lazy and His Transition to Playing Defense Has Been Awful.

David West's D isn't worse than either Bonner's, Mason's or Finley's so they cancel each other out.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 03:56 PM
No way Hornets do that.

Word Up.

The Hornets are in deep shit financially. They dump salary and value and let let Chris Paul rake in the numbers, with triple doubles, double doubles, etc. to bring in fans and TV numbers.

Paul is right up there for best stats of the year. If he gets the ball more, he can jack them up to Lebron levels and Duncan efficiency. He is young and will have new three point shooters to pass to for assists, but one less scorer to share the ball with. The trade would be a stat bonanza for Paul.

:king

crc21209
12-31-2009, 03:56 PM
david west's d isn't worse than either bonner's, mason's or finley's so they cancel each other out.

+1

Galileo
12-31-2009, 04:03 PM
ok cmon man. I found that it was BUMPS troll. He deleted the post where he came clean around 3 hours back. I said this like on the first page itself. Stop feeding the BUMP troll.

His initial post is still there. I don't see any troll posts and he registed back in May. None of this explains the odd message on the ESPN TV scroll. Or the other trade rumors. Or CIA Pop. Or the trade machine data.

If he "came clean" he must have been joking. Why would you believe a troll anyway?

ducks
12-31-2009, 04:11 PM
if mason plays no minutes you might know something is up

Libri
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
So who would be the Hornets starting PF? Bonner? Songaila?

The Hornets have a tough schedule, especially in February and March. Maybe they have already decided that it's going to be difficult to make the playoffs and would rather get a high draft pick.

Muser
12-31-2009, 04:21 PM
I come away for an hour and this thread has got 8 pages. Say it ain't so...

benefactor
12-31-2009, 04:26 PM

He is only as good as he is because he plays with Paul. He is not a good defender and his rebounding numbers aren't that good for someone that is playing 35 MPG. Once you decrease his minutes on our front line and get him away from a PG that is constantly setting him up he doesn't become much more effective than Matt Bonner in our system...and he surely won't equal the production of Bonner and Mason in a 20 MPG role. Not to mention he has well chronicled attitude problems.

Sorry, I just don't see it being a good fit.

SpurCharger
David West's D isn't worse than either Bonner's, Mason's or Finley's so they cancel each other out.
I agree With You 100% .... Was Just sayin that Coming To A contender Doesnt necessarily Motivate all guys To Play out of Character....

MRduncan2010
:lolChris Paul would immediately request a TRADE CALL BS

lurker23
12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
4 TEAM BLOCKBUSTER TRADE

Spurs Recieve
- Marcus Camby
- Marcus Landry (Filler)

Clippers Receive
- Al Harrington
- Nate Robinson
- Marcus Haislip (Filler)

Rockets Receive
- Eddy Curry
- Michael Finley
- Ian Mahinmi

Knicks Receive
- Tracy McGrady
- Matt Bonner
- Ricky Davis

Rockets want to get rid of Tracy and the Knicks want to get rid of Nate Robinson. Here is how you do it! Already checked it out on the ESPN Trade Machine, it works. The best part of this deal is that every single player involved is on the last year of their contract, except Marcus Haislip, who has two years.

Go ahead, check it out on the ESPN Trade Machine. GET IT DONE R.C! GET CAMBY!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh4drko

Why would the Rockets trade McGrady's expiring contract for Eddy Curry's albatross of a contract? I know they want rid of him, but I think they'd much rather just let him sit out the year than take on longer, useless contracts.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like Anonoftheinternets was right. Looks like bumps got the idea from here. This is a hoax.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2398

Chomag
12-31-2009, 04:35 PM
If this be true or not. A big fat no thank you! This guy has the worst piss-poor attitude I have ever seen in the NBA. We don't need NO's piece of shit rejects.

MRduncan2010
12-31-2009, 04:41 PM
IF this is BS automatic:ban:

Sancha
12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
It is official! David West is IN San Antonio!!http://www.superlawyers.com/texas/lawyer/David-B-West/61d6e4c5-18c5-4873-8980-60426109e5a5.html

Muser
12-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Mouse ^ :lmao

gospursgojas
12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
LOL cox smith

Spursmania
12-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Mouse ^ :lmao

MRduncan2010
12-31-2009, 05:01 PM
:smchode:got me :rollin

exstatic
12-31-2009, 05:32 PM
None of this explains the odd message on the ESPN TV scroll. Or the other trade rumors. Or CIA Pop. Or the trade machine data.

ESPN's interns googled it, returned a couple of hits and started to 'scroll' it before they realized that their "source" was a bunch of jerkoffs on two boards. They then pulled it from the scroll (if it was ever there in the first place)

Xylus
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM
David West to the Spurs would sure as hell amp up the Spurs-Mavs rivalry. :lol

Galileo
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
They then pulled it from the scroll (if it was ever there in the first place)

It's been there for at least two hours.

Turn on your TV.

:flag:

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Looks like Anonoftheinternets was right. Looks like bumps got the idea from here. This is a hoax.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2398

Told you Murph,..

See all BSPN did was fleeced their pay access " Insiders ". By fabricating a false story both off of and after I'd stated what the Spurs need by position.

Here's what they embellished,. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142505

No?,..look at the team, skills set position and time frame.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
It's been there for at least two hours.

Turn on your TV.

Galileo, you can find that same news article I posted atop the mavs fan forum.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35882

Don't you think that the timing of this trade thread and this article are a little too coincidental?

If you read that post, their are just too many similarities.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Told you Murph,..

See all BSPN did was fleeced their pay access " Insiders ". By fabricating a false story both off of and after I'd stated what the Spurs need by position.

Here's what they embellished,. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142505

No?,..look at the team, skills set position and time frame.

Espn didn't fabricate the story, a mav's troll made it up. I never saw what Galileo was referring to on the tv scroll. I suspect it was nothing more than a prop for tonights tilt between the heat and the spurs on TNT.

twincam
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Hello all--

-L$

Approved

Chieflion
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
What is this bullshit all about?

Chomag
12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
What is this bullshit all about?

No one important. lol

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
sons a positive note about West is that he has owned Dirk head to head in the last couple of years. Dirk is still scared shitless of him ever since he punked him out for the bitch he is ...
(35 seconds into the video)
CHPbm9q9wJA

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Espn didn't fabricate the story, a mav's troll made it up. I never saw what Galileo was referring to on the tv scroll. I suspect it was nothing more than a prop for tonights tilt between the heat and the spurs on TNT.

Possibly,..

I don't watch ESPN unless they're broadcasting a live game I want to see or I'm catching late night highlights if something spectacular was alleged to have happened on a game I wasn't watching live.

But make no doubt about it they have been known to trek in the manner I stated,..

Chieflion
12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't buy this. I don't think a firesale of this proportion would happen. Collusion is only possible for the Lakers.

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 06:02 PM
sons I'm not a fan of West, but to say that he is "only a jump shooter" is stupid. Offensively he is well above average and can create his own shot. Its his selfishness and lack of defense that worries me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOc3JnPYhtg

Muser
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Son we don't need offense, defense is where it's at and this sissy cuck doesn't play D.

Chieflion
12-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Son we don't need offense, defense is where it's at and this sissy cuck doesn't play D.
According to this "insider", we are giving up players who don't play defense or are just average or mediocre.

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 06:04 PM

please take him

Chieflion
12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
please take him
Son, why are you acting like a pimp? David West must be a gigolo then.

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 06:08 PM

You do realize the big man we're giving up is Bonner, right...?

Muser
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Talking to the right team, wrong player.

Muser
You do realize the big man we're giving up is Bonner, right...?

Yes, but Bonner could be part of a package for a defensive big.

Galileo
well, if I'm wrong, I hope we all had fun. Please enjoy tonight's game.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Possibly,..

I don't watch ESPN unless they're broadcasting a live game I want to see or I'm catching late night highlights if something spectacular was alleged to have happened on a game I wasn't watching live.

But make no doubt about it they have been known to trek in the manner I stated,..

you mean promote a routine Spurs regular season game? As one of the top 2 or 3 lead stories in the sports day?

Don't buy it.

:depressed

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Possibly,..

No doubt.

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 06:18 PM
sons I'm not a fan of West, but to say that he is "only a jump shooter" is stupid. Offensively he is well above average and can create his own shot. Its his selfishness and lack of defense that worries me.

UOc3JnPYhtg

He's a quality player,..

West isn't selfish and his D is only hampered by his almost always losing the height advantage on matchups to he reaches a lot.

The only success the Hornets have ever had was pretty much from CP3 and West playing a 2 man game. Players like Posey, Peja and Ely helped but CP3 and Capn West knew if they didn't produce the team didn't have a chance.

So like CP3 so too was / is West forced to take the floor knowing he better do any and all he can to put up numbers or there was no need for Hornets to even play the game,..fault that ownership not that player for that.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM

Makes no sense, ESPN and TNT are not owned by the same corporation. This is not a ABC/ESPN tie in.

Why not prop some of the bowl games, they get higher TV ratings than NBA regular season games between the Spurs and Heat.

Here are the top sports stories at this moment:

Oklahoma rallied for a pair of third-quarter touchdowns Thursday afternoon to edge past Stanford 31-27 in the Sun Bowl.

Box score

NAVY 21, MIZ 13 (14:39 4th)

Bowl schedule - Picks - Pick'em

More college football

Air Force routs Houston

MIN 0, ISU 0 (10:24 1st)

Chick-fil-A Bowl, 7:30 ET

Bowden wants a win

College basketball

Wetzel: Huggins is back

Wisconsin tops Ohio St.

TEN 59, MEM 55 (2nd)

Scoreboard

More

Another one gone

AT&T is the latest sponsor to defect over Tiger Woods' woes. Story

What it means

Wetzel: Tiger's scandal

Arts and entertainment

Rashad Evans finally seems to have won over skeptical UFC fans. Kevin Iole column

Meltzer: Ill timing for UFC

Headlines

Top Stories

Meyer didn't want chest pains disclosed

James has support of critical Tech asst.

AT&T latest to cut ties with Woods

Bills promote national scout Nix to GM

Cubs, OF Byrd agree on 3-year, $15M deal

Broncos WR Marshall misses practice

Titans def. coordinator Cecil fined $20K

Air Force gets 6 INTs in win vs. Houston

No NBA basketball at all, yet the "Spurs are looking to stay hot vs Heat".

Maybe a trade for West?

That would be the best.

Spurs play things close to the vest.

MRduncan2010
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Keeping up with this thread all along just for "Galileo" if iam wrong enjoy tonights game:bang

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 06:22 PM
He's a quality player,..

West isn't selfish and his D is only hampered by his almost always losing the height advantage on matchups to he reaches a lot.

The only success the Hornets have ever had was pretty much from CP3 and West playing a 2 man game. Players like Posey, Peja and Ely helped but CP3 and Capn West knew if they didn't produce the team didn't have a chance.

So like CP3 so too was / is West forced to take the floor knowing he better do any and all he can to put up numbers or there was no need for Hornets to even play the game,..fault that ownership not that player for that.

Very true...

West could contribute more to a team if he was the 3rd scoring option. He tries to do way too much.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 06:24 PM
This rumor has wings.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158654

Muser
12-31-2009, 06:28 PM
This rumor has wings.

Uh, no.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Makes no sense, ESPN and TNT are not owned by the same corporation. This is not a ABC/ESPN tie in.

Why not prop some of the bowl games, they get higher TV ratings than NBA regular season games between the Spurs and Heat.

Here are the top sports stories at this moment:

Oklahoma rallied for a pair of third-quarter touchdowns Thursday afternoon to edge past Stanford 31-27 in the Sun Bowl.

Box score

NAVY 21, MIZ 13 (14:39 4th)

Bowl schedule - Picks - Pick'em

More college football

Air Force routs Houston

MIN 0, ISU 0 (10:24 1st)

Chick-fil-A Bowl, 7:30 ET

Bowden wants a win

College basketball

Wetzel: Huggins is back

Wisconsin tops Ohio St.

TEN 59, MEM 55 (2nd)

Scoreboard

More

Another one gone

AT&T is the latest sponsor to defect over Tiger Woods' woes. Story

What it means

Wetzel: Tiger's scandal

Arts and entertainment

Rashad Evans finally seems to have won over skeptical UFC fans. Kevin Iole column

Meltzer: Ill timing for UFC

Headlines

Top Stories

Meyer didn't want chest pains disclosed

James has support of critical Tech asst.

AT&T latest to cut ties with Woods

Bills promote national scout Nix to GM

Cubs, OF Byrd agree on 3-year, $15M deal

Broncos WR Marshall misses practice

Titans def. coordinator Cecil fined $20K

Air Force gets 6 INTs in win vs. Houston

No NBA basketball at all, yet the "Spurs are looking to stay hot vs Heat".

Maybe a trade for West?

That would be the best.

Spurs play things close to the vest.

Wow, galileo, with all the hoopla, I forgot all about Oklahoma, thanks for the update.

Chomag
12-31-2009, 06:34 PM
He's a quality player,..

I would be very happy to be proven otherwise. There is no doubt he has the Skills of an All-Star, however he seems to lack way to much character to wield those skills. Hmmm kind of like his current PG. lol

Honestly though, I can't even think that Spurs FO would be talking about this guy. He is the complete opposite of Spurs Character.

Who knows, maybe Timmy and Pop could set him strait and kill all the bad habits he has learned on the NO Hornets squad, and turn him into a real player.

ducks
12-31-2009, 06:36 PM
spurs went and got sj
west has better attitude then sj

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 06:36 PM
sons its amazing to me how some 18 year old kid can think up his own trade scenario in his parents basement claiming that he has a "inside source", post it on a message board, and cause 9 pages worth of replies.

Chomag
12-31-2009, 06:38 PM
sons its amazing to me how some 18 year old kid can think up his own trade scenario in his parents basement claiming that he has a "inside source", post it on a message board, and cause 9 pages worth of replies.

I agree! Lets get todays games started allready!!! lol

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 06:38 PM
you mean promote a routine Sours regular season game? As one of the top 2 or 3 lead stories in the sports day?

Don't buy it.

:depressed

No,..

What I'm telling you is BSPN is a syndicate of opportunists that play to fantasy land sensationalism.

They prey upon the fan bases of teams with either a high expectancy, marquee player or strong history as previous winners.

All you hear from them is Kobe, Nash, LeBron, Dirk, D. Wade and every now and again you'll hear Timmy D's name brought back up. They'll always keep the Knicks in the conversation in spite of them sucking. But the Knicks is NY market so they play to that crowd to embellish them,..in spite of any stretch of championship perspective and winning basketball fans interests the Knicks aren't even an afterthought.

Where being such name flailer's BSPN play head hunter and with the Spurs -vs- Heat being the biggest name game of the night. It's not out of character nor uncommon for such an outfit to try to gin up a story,..check ball.

See knowing the Spurs fans are looking for answers it's pretty much prime time to link them with some fantasy farce trade of landing a big name to draw fans interests,..and they have a rumor mill they fleece fans to pay to read a bevy of fabricated lies.

Chomag
12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
In Other News: Spurs in talks to nab Lebron.:downspin:

Heh, your right! This is easy. I should apply to ESPN!

Yogurt210
12-31-2009, 06:42 PM

cuz it is very realistic.

MRduncan2010
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
c MOn chomag sarcastic remarks are worth a cheap post

gospursgojas
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
No,..

What I'm telling you is BSPN is a syndicate of opportunists that play to fantasy land sensationalism.

They prey upon the fan bases of teams with either a high expectancy, marquee player or strong history as previous winners.

All you hear from them is Kobe, Nash, LeBron, Dirk, D. Wade and every now and again you'll hear Timmy D's name brought back up. They'll always keep the Knicks in the conversation in spite of them sucking. But the Knicks is NY market so they play to that crowd to embellish them,..in spite of any stretch of championship perspective and winning basketball fans interests the Knicks aren't even an afterthought.

Where being such name flailer's BSPN play head hunter and with the Spurs -vs- Heat being the biggest name game of the night. It's not out of character nor uncommon for such an outfit to try to gin up a story,..check ball.

See knowing the Spurs fans are looking for answers it's pretty much prime time to link them with some fantasy farce trade of landing a big name to draw fans interests,..and they have a rumor mill they fleece fans to pay to read a bevy of fabricated lies.

Please stop....trying to sound smart in all your posts

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I would be very happy to be proven otherwise. There is no doubt he has the Skills of an All-Star, however he seems to lack way to much character to wield those skills. Hmmm kind of like his current PG. lol

Honestly though, I can't even think that Spurs FO would be talking about this guy. He is the complete opposite of Spurs Character.

Who knows, maybe Timmy and Pop could set him strait and kill all the bad habits he has learned on the NO Hornets squad, and turn him into a real player.

See and that's part the issue,..

Along with West not fitting the description of a " Popovich guy ". A great number of players have and will continue to avoid the Spurs. Solely because they don't want nor need to put up with Popovich's style of play nor manner of approach.

It's not location and the taxation break of Texas having no state tax on earnings would be a huge plus. But free agents don't come because they don't want the hassle,..good, bad or indifferent.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Here's another. Although a bit more outrageous. Possibly a spin off. I don't think I would pull the trigger.
Realgm is nothing more than fantasy anyways.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=972648

HoopsCzar
12-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Please stop....trying to sound smart in all your posts

Silence you crying scrub,..

You're just battling your inferiority complex being such a super stupid envious nobody,..and nothing less.

How about a dose,..ROTFFLMAO !!!

http://www.normandinart.com/REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

Xevious
12-31-2009, 06:48 PM
To be fair, it's common knowledge that NO is going into salary dumping mode before the trade deadline.

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 06:49 PM
sons I created my own trade that is very realistic ...

Spurs get Peja Stojakovic and his mistress/porn star Sienna West

Hornets get Tim Duncan

very fair deal sons pull the trigger

MRduncan2010
12-31-2009, 06:51 PM
all hail HOOPSCZAR:bking

anonoftheinternets
12-31-2009, 06:53 PM

if you had read the first page, i already told you guys it was BUMP and his lame troll lebrillia.

Muser
12-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Here's another. Although a bit more outrageous. Possibly a spin off. I don't think I would pull the trigger.

Fuck no.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 07:18 PM
this

This rumor has wings.

and this

would not exist, if this rumor did not have a grain of truth. The more often the rumor is repeated, the higher the probability that it is true.

:fro

Galileo
12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
if mason plays no minutes you might know something is up

No Mason so far....

TimDunkem
12-31-2009, 07:29 PM
No Mason so far....

No shit. Manu hasn't even come in yet.

crc21209
12-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Mason in....:lol

BRHornet45
12-31-2009, 07:50 PM
if you had read the first page, i already told you guys it was BUMP and his lame troll lebrillia.

child please

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 07:53 PM
So much for the theory of no mason.

Galileo
12-31-2009, 08:29 PM
So much for the theory of no mason.

Mason only has 5 minutes, half his average (for half a game), despite his 3 point shooting buddies Bonner and Finn not suiting up.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Mason only has 5 minutes, half his average (for half a game), despite his 3 point shooting buddies Bonner and Finn not suiting up.

Well see, but I'm still skeptical.

murpjf88
12-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Every Tom, Dick and harry is posting this rumor. This is the workmanship of a very successful troll.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=2474161

Muser
12-31-2009, 08:51 PM
VERY impressive troll.

小Tim
12-31-2009, 09:03 PM
then we don't have 3p any more, are you sure?

Mr. Body
12-31-2009, 09:46 PM
I could see NO move West for some useful pieces, but don't see how West really helps the Spurs. We seem set with a big man platoon -- though a shotblocker would be nice -- and gutting the 3pt shooters is a bad idea.

What about getting a perimeter shooter in a 3-way, someone like Mike Miller? I know he's hurt, but we've been after him before. Wizards could use a PF, maybe.

exstatic
12-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Mason: 20 minutes.

FAIL