PDA

View Full Version : Manu doubts he will be a spur next season

superfedja
12-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone believing this ? Somebody please translate ...

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/30122009/47/nba-manu-ginobili.html

nbaman99
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Question: How do you feel?

-Manu Ginobili: "I'm fine. Or at least not quite right. I'm having a moment of weird. I feel something irregular and lacking in rhythm. It is as if I still weighed last season, the most difficult of my life. But anyway, I am confident in my ability and I think it's still early. I'm going slowly and I think I can get my best level this year.

-P: In this team do you feel the same as always?

-MG: "I do not know at all. I think at the current Spurs. It is a very changed and I do not know if I will have the same role he had for example two years ago, when averaged nearly twenty points per game. Now here there are other priorities. But I tell you I'm not a player who needs to score a lot to feel good. In Milwaukee I did thirteen and seventeen and New York but I felt really good. So it depends. I am a player who can feel comfortable scoring ten to fifteen points. In that sense I have not changed much. "

-P: Is San Antonio where he planned to be at this point?

-MG: "Not at all. The team is not playing well yet. It is very irregular and there is much room for improvement. But we understand that the best news is that we are playing badly sixth or seventh in the West. That makes us believe that how much better we will be higher.

-Q: Where do you think to be failing more?

-MG: "There is a bit of everything. Perhaps we are not feeling the urgency now. The urgency of having to win every game like a final and it shows. But that's not all. Some days it does not move well ball, days that do not recognize ourselves defensively. I do not know, we have failed both in the first 25 games for something specific. We are not quite right, period. "

-Q: Your relationship with Popovich, Is it still the same?

-MG: "Look, after all this time our relationship goes beyond sports. We moved a great respect for them. Of course, to be a player-coach relationship is going to be tough conditions. But it will remain good though next year I did not stay in this team. "

-Q: What do not follow?

-MG: "I dunno. Right now I do not know."

-P: The arrival of Jefferson "I have worked satisfactorily?

-MG: "Jefferson is a committed player.'s Athletic, intelligent and sacrificed. But right now is like the rest of the team. Improving the pace at which we're doing. It is assumed that when we are all better he will give us what we have to contribute. Because that's the idea and the only reason he joined.

-P: Pau Gasol told us that the World saw this time as something distant. Do you?

-MG: "I do not know yet. That is a complicated and delicate. When we get closer to decide.'s Going to be more difficult than usual. That's for sure. But anyway, players like Nocioni, Scola, Oberto perhaps, Prigioni, Delfino If we have a chance play safe. "

-Q: Why Manu has not been dismissed from the national, right?

-MG: "No, no, no. I have not fired. I recognize that playing the World Cup will be more difficult than ever and I do not know if I will. But I still want to lay off the team because I want nothing further unless doing so well.

Gonzalo Vazquez / Eurosport

Libri
12-31-2009, 12:15 PM
This is not the first time that Manu has said that he doesn't know if he will remain a Spur after his contract expires.

Muser
12-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Just putting some pressure on the Spurs, nothing new here.

Kori Ellis
12-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Same article was posted yesterday, just FYI.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143122

easy7
12-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Q: And your relationship with Popovich, ¿is it still the same?

-MG: "Look, after all this time our relationship goes beyond sports. We are moved by mutual respect between us. And of course because it is a relationship between a player and coach there will be difficult moments. But it will still be a good relationship even if I am not with this team next year".

-P: ¿You will not be with this team next year?

-MG: "I do not know. Right now I do not know".

FkLA
12-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Damn this isnt good, actually the word 'aunque' can be interpreted as 'despite' and thats the kind of vibe that Im getting from it...he's basically saying his relationship with Pop goes beyond basketball and that it will remain the same despite him not playing here after this year

:depressed

Spursmania
12-31-2009, 01:33 PM
No need to read more into this. Things are still the status quo. Nobody knows yet where he'll be next year, he's just calling it like it is.

Manu would love to be a Spur and the Spurs would love to keep him, but he has to prove himself this year, and he has to remain healthy enough to be a huge contributor in the playoffs. It's business, and the deal will probably get done after the playoffs.

That said, I love Manu. He's a fighter, a champion, a game changer and a clutch player. I hope he's got 2-3 more "Manu" years left, and I hope he retires in a Spurs uniform.