PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing...

xellos88330
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
about the NBA, what would it be?

The thing I would change would be the broadcasting. It should all be free damnit!

TIMMYD!
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I would change the officiating to robots that get every single call right.

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd eliminate the Bobcats, Nets, Grizzlies, and Clippers.

Ginobili2Duncan
12-31-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd take away ABC's right to broadcast NBA games, and give it back to NBC.

alchemist
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I would change the officiating to robots that get every single call right.
that would be even worse than today's officiating. 8 hour games would be the norm.

JoeTait75
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd eliminate the Bobcats, Nets, Grizzlies, and Clippers.

:tu

I'd also move the Hornets back to Charlotte and the Thunder back to Seattle.

jdev82
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
i'd have all Van Gundy's hung, drawn and quartered.

pauls931
12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Automatic tech for offensive players that sucker defenders off their feet, then jump into them.

23LeBronJames23
12-31-2009, 03:44 PM
:tu

I'd also move the Hornets back to Charlotte and the Thunder back to Seattle.

+1

I would also put myself in the nba with the bigger salary than any one ever had

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 03:45 PM
If I could change two things I'd give two FTs and loss of possession for technicals like in college, so you'd see players shut the fuck up to the refs.

pauls931
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
If I could change two things I'd give two FTs and loss of possession for technicals like in college, so you'd see players shut the fuck up to the refs.

I have a feeling they don't do this to allow more drama/entertainment.

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 04:18 PM
No more favoritism pleeeeeeease

The Franchise
12-31-2009, 04:24 PM
I would have David Stern removed from his perch permanently.

milkshakeballa
12-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Automatic tech for offensive players that sucker defenders off their feet, then jump into them.

defenders shouldnt leave there feet brah....

pauls931
12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
defenders shouldnt leave there feet brah....

And offensive players shouldn't initiate contact with defenders. Dwade takes this bs to a whole new level. It makes me puke a little in my mouth when a guy tries to defend on the perimeter, goes for a fake. And the offensive player rather than going around him jumps into him intentionally. Or these pussies that jump into the center of the D and contort their bodies to try to draw contact... Barf...

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
And offensive players shouldn't initiate contact with defenders. Dwade takes this bs to a whole new level. It makes me puke a little in my mouth when a guy tries to defend on the perimeter, goes for a fake. And the offensive player rather than going around him jumps into him intentionally. Or these pussies that jump into the center of the D and contort their bodies to try to draw contact... Barf...

Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's a smart move by the offensive player to take advantage of a defensive mistake

pauls931
12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's a smart move by the offensive player to take advantage of a defensive mistake

True, but many players abuse it. It basically limits perimeter defense to waving a hand in a guys face and keeping your feet on the ground. The people that drive like LBJ and Kobe just need to make sure they can get a leg or arm on a defender.

Chomag
12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
A real enforced anti - flopping rule maybe?

ploto
12-31-2009, 05:34 PM
An assist for the passer in the guy gets fouled and makes at least 1 free throw.

Chomag
12-31-2009, 05:35 PM
True, but many players abuse it. It basically limits perimeter defense to waving a hand in a guys face and keeping your feet on the ground. The people that drive like LBJ and Kobe just need to make sure they can get a leg or arm on a defender.

I agree, also why the hell does the offensive player most always get the call when they are the ones creating the contact by leaning or lunging their body into a defender?

I guess it's a phenomena that we will never know about.:lol

endrity
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Better officiating!

Xylus
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Anytime a defender jumps straight up with his arms parallel to his body, and the offensive player draws some contact on a shot, the ref should just swallow his whistle. Obvious no-call situation.

pauls931
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Anytime a defender jumps straight up with his arms parallel to his body, and the offensive player draws some contact on a shot, the ref should just swallow his whistle. Obvious no-call situation.

They'll change the rule the instant someone gets pissed and decideds what the hell, level Dwade anyway and get their money's worth out of the automatic foul.

Who am I joking the league will just fine anyone that does that to make more money.

Mavs_man_41
12-31-2009, 05:47 PM
I would make it real basketball and not rigged like the WWE

Kriz-Maxima
12-31-2009, 05:52 PM

This and no superstar calls.

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
This is all unrealistic, but I would like to see the Lakers and Cavs get the same treatment as every other team..

Xevious
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
I've been thinking about this lately, the officiating specifically (the inconsistency, the superstar calls, etc). I'm not an expert on the inner workings of the NBA, but I think having the refs work directly for the league is sort of a conflict of interest. The league exists to make money, so naturally they'll prefer certain teams stay successful. The only thing I can think of is to have the refs work for and assigned to the games by a third party without a whole lot of contact or mandates from the league itself, much like the way refs work boxing/mma matches. But then we saw what kind of outcry there was when the replacement refs were in place. So I don't know what the answer is.

pauls931
12-31-2009, 06:15 PM
This is all unrealistic, but I would like to see the Lakers and Cavs get the same treatment as every other team..

Really looking like they're setting things up for a Kobe vs Lebron finals. They don't want the Magic sneakin' in again. If boston is healthy, they'd live with that.

ffadicted
12-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Really looking like they're setting things up for a Kobe vs Lebron finals. They don't want the Magic sneakin' in again. If boston is healthy, they'd live with that.

Don't forget the added effect of Kobe vs. Shaq too.

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I would have David Stern removed from his perch permanently.

The league has enjoyed tremendous success under Stern. People like to say it was all Magic and Bird, but I'm not so quick to give them all the credit when similarly transcendent players like Chamberlain, Russell, and Abdul-Jabbar alone couldn't drag the league into popularity. Stern's done a lot to ensure any team can compete if well managed without turning the NBA into a mediocre nightmare of parity.

AnthonyM
12-31-2009, 06:40 PM

This...

I've always hated that.

The refs or the rules make it very easy for an offensive player to draw contact and get to the line, but make it harder for the defender to contest a shot...

Muser
12-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Shorten the season.

baseline bum
12-31-2009, 06:44 PM
This...

I've always hated that.

The refs or the rules make it very easy for an offensive player to draw contact and get to the line, but make it harder for the defender to contest a shot...

If the shooter jumps forward, then give him an offensive foul. If he goes straight up though, that's on the defender for jumping forward into the guy. Otherwise, you might as well jump at the shooter like a madman in any end of game situation, as he's basically neutered until you have come down.

cobbler
12-31-2009, 07:12 PM
No stoppage in play when a shot clock violation occurs and the opposing team had gained possesion.

Laughing @ all the posters already tossing in the towell not because their team really stinks as it does (Spurfan) but blaming the league for rigging the results (spur & Suns fan).

Venti Quattro
12-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Limiting the choices in the All star voting or just leaving it up to the coaches to vote the lineups

AnthonyM
12-31-2009, 08:07 PM
If the shooter jumps forward, then give him an offensive foul. If he goes straight up though, that's on the defender for jumping forward into the guy. Otherwise, you might as well jump at the shooter like a madman in any end of game situation, as he's basically neutered until you have come down.

Yeah thats what I meant...

No shooter really launches himself forward while shooting, it really is ridiculous sometimes

da_suns_fan
12-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I'd take away ABC's right to broadcast NBA games, and give it back to NBC.

:toast

Austin_Toros
12-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Change the game ball! Re-introduce the controversial one from 2006.
Only problem is that players will blame the ball on their shooting slumps again.

http://www.nba.com/news/blackbox_060628.html