PDA

View Full Version : So now the Nazr is playing good

TNT21
04-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Once Rasho comes back, who should start? In my opinion, Rasho does a lot of shot blocking, but not much else. I think Nazr should keep the job as long as he keeps producing a double double (15 pts and 15 rbs). What do you guys think?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2005, 01:18 PM
i think nazr should start, and especially with rasho coming off an ankle injury he should come off the bench as well. i also want nazr during crunch time regardless of wether pop decides to start him or not, nazr can get those key rebounds and prevent 2nd chance points from killing in the final minute of the game.

Clandestino
04-25-2005, 01:56 PM
rasho is now our new malik.. huge contract and doesn't produce.. we will never be able to get rid of him!

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Rasho should start...nobody should lose their job over an injury.

Nazr is a wonderful replacement player and option.

If Rasho sucks or is ineffective, then we have Nazr and Mass.

duncan2k5
04-25-2005, 02:06 PM
rasho. he plays better team defense, and we were winning with him starting

boutons
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
"nobody should lose their job over an injury."

Isn't that widely agreed upon convention, an unwritten rule?

So work Rasho back in slowly as Nazr starts, then let Rasho have his pre-injury starting position, where his minutes, which haven't been that high all year anyway, will depend on how he plays, and how Nazr plays. The starting center decision can be left till next season, while Nazr can play as many minutes as needed for these playoffs.

There's no need to demote Rasho in order to get minutes for Nazr , and risk any negative repercussions at this deicate stage.

GrandeDavid
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
I think that at least during Rasho's first game back that Nazr should start. Depending on each guy's individual performance and team outcome, that should determine who starts game three. If both guys are equally decent or unspectacular and the Spurs win or lose, I'd probably put Rasho back in the starting lineup once his ankle was good enough to really go at it on defense and the boards. Tough call.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Nazr wont be starter when rasho come back. simply
Popovic wont let that

baseline bum
04-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Nazr's not good enough slowing penetration, guarding the pick and roll, nor grabbing defensive rebounds. When he's in the game instead of Rasho the Spurs have to collapse more in the lane, and thus they're not boxing out their men and are giving up tons of second shots.

desflood
04-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Rasho tends to step up when he feels as though his job is in jeopardy. Hopefully, he'll do it this time when he comes back.

Gummi
04-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Last game showed me what Nazr does and Rasho doesn't, be agressive and make his presence felt. He bumps, he pushes, and he dunks the damn ball. I like Rasho for a number of things, but not enough to say that he's better then Nazr.

Nazr does more things then Rasho offensively. He gets to the line and like I said above, he dunks the ball when he can. What Rasho does better then Nazr is that he positions himself closer to the basket on defense and grabs more defensive rebounds. And Nazr actually gets to the line unlike Rasho.

My take on this whole situation is that Nazr has shown me and probably most of you guys that he's a heck of a player. He's not an offensive liability like Rasho and he's much more aggressive then Rasho. His defense can improve but overall I think I would take him over Rasho as our starter. I know Pop likes Rasho and his defense but we already have one player in our starting lineup that is a liability on offense, we can't have two. If Nazr continues to play the way he has, Pop must explore trading Rasho this summer.

Just my take.

Slomo
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I think we need both. Nazr was very intense in the first half but did not do much in the second (specially in the fourth). Denver collapsed their defense on whoever was trying to get to the basket and in that situation we would have needed Rasho's defense on the other side of the court.

Rasho will start (like Jimcs50 said) but why not play Rasho and Nazr together, I remember that when Tim was out these two performed well together. It gives you a nice combination with Tim also as long as Nazr is able to score and not create too much havoc on D let's play him. When it happens (and you know it does/will) put Rasho in and rely on your proven scorers for the offense.

scott
04-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Rasho should start...nobody should lose their job over an injury.

Nazr is a wonderful replacement player and option.

If Rasho sucks or is ineffective, then we have Nazr and Mass.

What do you mean IF Rasho sucks?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
I think Nazr should be our starter next year and hopefully for the future, but i think Rasho is the guy this year if he's healthy enough