PDA

View Full Version : Manu is the best passer in the NBA

poop
01-01-2010, 01:05 AM
in all honesty, anyone whose watched the spurs the last few years...the last few games proves it.. Manu is BY FAR the best playmaker we have and there is NO ONE better in the nba, Nash included, at making incredible passes.

if Manu were the primary ballhandler/play runner playing 38+min a game, he would be getting 10+ assists a game and a highlight machine.

when hes 100% Manu is as good as ANYONE in the nba. discuss

MannyIsGod
01-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Manu is good. Manu is not the best. Nash, Jason Kidd, and Chris Paul all come to mind as better passers than Manu and I'm sure there are others.

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I thought everyone thought nash is since he is a pass first point guard.....

if manu could play 38 minutes a game 82 games plus playoffs
manu would be a much better player then he is
he can only play around 25-30 minutes a game now and still pray he stays healthy

poop
01-01-2010, 01:23 AM
45 fing views and no replies? wtf is the deal jesus christ support your team

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:23 AM
manu has been good the last few games
but lets see what he does against contenders
heat are not contenders

MannyIsGod
01-01-2010, 01:24 AM
45 fing views and no replies? wtf is the deal jesus christ support your team

Replying to this thread and supporting your team are mutually exclusive. You are not that important.

poop
01-01-2010, 01:25 AM
if Manu came to the nba at a young age and were blessed with michael jordan-like durability he would be as as good as ANYONE in the nba Kobe included

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:26 AM
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
he was NEVER ABLE TO PLAY BIG MINUTES REGULAR
IT IS HIS SYTLE

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:27 AM
and kobe and manu do not belong in the same sentence

poop
01-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Replying to this thread and supporting your team are mutually exclusive. You are not that important.

bullshit, Manu is- if anything -vastly Underrated because few people other than Spurs fans watch all his games. YOU(with your name)of all people should stfu and support.

poop
01-01-2010, 01:29 AM

i fManu were black and had a Durable body that didnt get hurt all the time..when hes 100% hes as good as Kobe is.

the difference is that Kobe is 100% 95% of the time while Manu is 100% only like 35% of the time while also playing on a team where he is NOT the first option scoring wise.

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:29 AM
are you still mad manu did not get finals mvp and duncan got it that year
but tp got finals mvp ?

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:31 AM
i fManu were black and had a Durable body that didnt get hurt all the time..when hes 100% hes as good as Kobe is.

the difference is that Kobe is 100% 95% of the time while Manu is 100% only like 35% of the time while also playing on a team where he is NOT the first option scoring wise.

you might get your wish if manu does not resign with the spurs
but I think manu will prove he is overrated by you

ducks
01-01-2010, 01:32 AM
the color of skin has nothing to do how great of a player you are

poop
01-01-2010, 01:33 AM
no im not mad you troll shit, Duncan is No.1 and desrves all hes got. im just saying Manu is vastly Underrated even among spurs fans. when hes on hes the ultimate team contributor, stats dont do him justice he is fing incedible , all round

ego
01-01-2010, 01:42 AM
no im not mad you troll shit, Duncan is No.1 and desrves all hes got. im just saying Manu is vastly Underrated even among spurs fans. when hes on hes the ultimate team contributor, stats dont do him justice he is fing incedible , all round

TP 7 pts and 5 AST in the 9mn of the first quarter !!
9 ASt in 25 mn !. What do you think of that ?

poop
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM

come back and post again after a couple years noob

Chieflion
01-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Are you dumb? You are asking posters to discuss then you diss them after they posted that Manu is not the best passer in the league and is not on the same level as Kobe? You then posted your stupid takes.

poop
01-01-2010, 02:03 AM
is this SPURSTALK???

or is it LAKERS FANS/APOLOGISTS.COM???

lately the Lakers shitsmears and those sympathetic with them have dominated the board.

murpjf88
01-01-2010, 02:32 AM
CP3 is a better passer as well.

Rito3d30
01-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Amazing,crazy...passer
He's not the best in the NBA
but in the Spurs:downspin:

Chris
01-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Manu is a river boat gambler and takes a lot of chances. This unfortunately leads to a lot of turnovers as well. While his passing is pretty good, Nash is clearly the best in the league hands down. Constructive criticism doesn't mean you aren't a Spurs fan so settle down.

robot89
01-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Fuck no if Manu was healthy half the time kobe was he'd be just as good or great as kobe
when healthy hes has proved it before point for point play or play its just he plays with f heart and reckless abandon he dont get the chance he'd be right with d-wade,bron,kobe,Joe jonson. no doubt and if you say other wise your full of shit
. Im buzzed so excuse my spelling sorry

ferg
01-01-2010, 04:04 AM
drunk posting FTW!! i need another beer! and yes i do think manu would be as good or better then kobe if he was healthy all the time. stop drinking the sports center kool aide people!!!:downspin::downspin::downspin:

Man In Black
01-01-2010, 05:27 AM
I have to say it...DUCKS DON'T KNOW SHIT!

He's a fine passer with gifted vision. It's shit TP doesn't see but in his defense, he's always been a guy that hasn't needed to see it.

The Flex Cut Offense that Team ARG runs has given Ginobili some insight into what passes work in the Spurs system. Pop knows that certain sets play to the strengths of a certain lineup, Manu is proof-positive that that is so. While I think TP is making great strides at passing and I like it, I also like it when TP attacks if the opening is there.

1)Ducks know little....TRUTH.
2)Ducks loves TP...more truth.

When in doubt, choose option 1

aksyunstar
01-01-2010, 07:11 AM
but you already did.

:lol

anakha
01-01-2010, 09:10 AM
The OP, ducks, the entire premise of the thread...

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-ughh.gif

ElNono
01-01-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't think he's the best passer in the NBA, but he's probably the best passer on the Spurs.
And never mind ducks. He's just bitter that Manu is correctly getting the attention he is getting right now.

Muser
01-01-2010, 09:27 AM
He's top 10, but Nash is by far the best playmaker/passer in the NBA.

FkLA
01-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah I'd give the nod to Nash as being most creative passer. Manu is right there behind him though, along with White Chocolate.

tmtcsc
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Jason Kidd is still the best passer in the league. I give him the nod over Nash in that category. As for Manu, he's my favorite player and I love his game but his passing is hit or miss. He misses the mark on outrageous attempts just as much as he connects on the spectacular ones.

That doesn't equal the best. It certainly makes him exciting though.

SpurNation
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
^^ This

rascal
01-01-2010, 12:14 PM
in all honesty, anyone whose watched the spurs the last few years...the last few games proves it.. Manu is BY FAR the best playmaker we have and there is NO ONE better in the nba, Nash included, at making incredible passes.

if Manu were the primary ballhandler/play runner playing 38+min a game, he would be getting 10+ assists a game and a highlight machine.

when hes 100% Manu is as good as ANYONE in the nba. discuss

Many better passers in the league, thats why they are pgs. Nash is way better.

poop
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
nash plays like 40min every single game and has the ball in his hands everysingle time down the court...he is a great, great true point dont get me wrong but from what ive seen if Manu played all game and had the ball coming down every single play, he could EASILY get 10-12 assists a game. easy.

rascal
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Manu is consistently inconsistent.

rascal
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
nash plays like 40min every single game and has the ball in his hands everysingle time down the court...he is a great, great true point dont get me wrong but from what ive seen if Manu played all game and had the ball coming down every single play, he could EASILY get 10-12 assists a game. easy.

Manu would wear down if he had to handle Nash's workload and you would see many more sloppy passes. You already see many more sloppy turnovers from Manu than nash. Thats why Manu is not a pg. That all has to play into the equation.

superjames1992
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I've always wanted to see Manu play some point guard. I'd rather have him play PG than Roger Mason. I think it would be interesting.

The only knock on Manu is that he probably turns the ball over too much for a point guard and that might be what it holding Pop back from trying Manu as a PG.

SpurCharger
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
There Is No Comparison, Kobe is Better Then Manu. Manu Cant play at A Kobe Level In Spurts, But Not Like Kobe does it.... Manu Is a Good Playmaker, and Has Good Vision, But He is Not anywhere close to being the Best passer in the NBA.

Nash, CP3, Deron Williams, Kidd, Lebron James are all better Passers then Manu.

dbestpro
01-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Manu at times can be the best passer in the league. Nash by far is the best passer in the league game in and game out followed closely by Paul. Kobe is a great shooter but his passing is average at best. He could be better but he takes so many shots that anyone who would say his is a great passer is just a Kobe homer cause the passes just are not there.

Sense
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Manu is not the best passer in this league... you're delusional to think so, try watching a Suns game.

exstatic
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Manu probably connects on more ridiculous/showy passes than anyone else. He also throws a bunch out of bounds. When he's just penetrating and passing, his play making is about like Mason's. He makes the highlights, but takes WAY too many chances to be your primary creator. He might get up to 10 assists in that scenario that was outlined, but he'd probably kick/throw away 6 TOs, too.

Chomag
01-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Jason Kidd is still the best passer in the league. I give him the nod over Nash in that category. As for Manu, he's my favorite player and I love his game but his passing is hit or miss. He misses the mark on outrageous attempts just as much as he connects on the spectacular ones.

That doesn't equal the best. It certainly makes him exciting though.

Pretty much what I was thinking about posting before I saw yours. Great take!

dbestpro
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking about posting before I saw yours. Great take!

Jason Kidd was, but his passing game has easily been passed by Nash and Paul. It is amazing that Nash is still so successful at his age.

Marco
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Ducks, you can AAFF.

TinTin
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I would like to give him credit for steals. He has had some active hands during last few games and has gotten quite a few steals

WHITE CHOCOLATE

lotr1trekkie
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Manu is unique. Unselfish, fearless, totally unconventional & genius basketball IQ. He is a Hall of Famer regardless of his yearly stats. He is not the best passer in the NBA BUT with the game on the line Manu is #2 to Kobe to take the last shot----if my ass were on the line.

ElNono
01-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Manu is consistently inconsistent.

You must be really bitter these days...

Gutter92
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM

you say this 2 games after Manu's near triple double in 28 mins?

smeagol
01-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Manu's passes are flashier than almost any other player in the league.

Ohh . . . and ducks and rascal are still pretty dumb posters.

spurs10
01-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I consider myself very fortunate, not living in San Antonio, to have attended the last two games. Manu has played out of his head both games. Jeff McDonald put it best when he wrote Manu was `doing everything but selling popcorn' and he was like `watching the Harlem Globetrotters'. He does everything and we all should consider ourselves lucky he plays for the Spurs. Believe me that one definition of hell for a Spurs fan would be watching him open up a can of whoop-ass on us as an opposing player.

TIMMYD!
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Sense, you have the best sig in the world.

ducks
01-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Manu's passes are flashier than almost any other player in the league.

Ohh . . . and ducks and rascal are still pretty dumb posters.

flash does not mean he is the best passer
that is what this thread is about

duhoh
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
this thread sucks

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Manu is an underrated passer, a high risk/high reward type player by nature and that shows in his passing. He also knows how to put english on one handed bounce passes, but they RARELY ever work. When they do....it's a thing of beauty.

DAF86
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Manu is an underrated passer, a high risk/high reward type player by nature and that shows in his passing. He also knows how to put english on one handed bounce passes, but they RARELY ever work. When they do....it's a thing of beauty.

What does that mean? backspin, sidespin or something like that?

Xylus
01-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Nash plays 33.4 mpg and averages 11.2 apg, just to clarify.

Xylus
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
you have no idea how smart I am
you do not know me

just because I think manu is overated does not make me stupid

I don't know if you're smart or stupid, but you know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-01-2010, 06:54 PM
What does that mean? backspin, sidespin or something like that?

Yeah english is just a term for putting spin on a ball. Like how tony puts spin on the ball to nail some of his off balance layups, and how pool players spin the cueball in pool, etc.

It was a compliment.

DAF86
01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah english is just a term for putting spin on a ball. Like how tony puts spin on the ball to nail some of his off balance layups, and how pool players spin the cueball in pool, etc.

It was a compliment.

Yeah I know, I've heard the term before but I didn't know what it meant. Thanks for the clarification.

UnWantedTheory
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
bullshit, Manu is- if anything -vastly Underrated because few people other than Spurs fans watch all his games. YOU(with your name)of all people should stfu and support.

Although he is oft injured, Manu is not a Kobe, nor does he have the passing skills of a Nash, and to blame that on his health is ridiculous. Yes it is true Manu is very underrated and can certainly compete with the Stars any given night; but that is different than dropping 40 pts. or 13 assts. EVERY night. Although Manu is NOT the best passer in the league, he is a VERY GOOD one and obviously the best on the team. Also, there is quite a bit of difference between SUPPORT and REALITY. So POOP, before you criticize others for having common fucking sense, try to think of the previously mentioned REALITY statement. This thread is the epitome of homerism ignorance and is not based on the facts of reality. But I do love your passion, so keep it up home slice! :tu

UnWantedTheory
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Well, IMO. :)

BillMc
01-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Manu is a very good passer and I am pleased to watch his skills and court vision. He is the best passer on the Spurs, but, I cannot say he is remotely the best passer in the NBA.

kace
01-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Manu is able to make amazing assists; like the one we saw to Blair. This kind of assists, few players are able to make them in a NBA game, and he's the best at it in the team and one of the best in NBA.

but if you look at the assists/bad passes from the last years, TP, who isn't even a pass first PG, has not only a better ratio than manu, but twice as good.

I would say a great passer is someone able to pass very safely and effectively AND to make very hard and spectacular assists. Manu only does the second part.

rascal
01-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Although he is oft injured, Manu is not a Kobe, nor does he have the passing skills of a Nash, and to blame that on his health is ridiculous. Yes it is true Manu is very underrated and can certainly compete with the Stars any given night; but that is different than dropping 40 pts. or 13 assts. EVERY night. Although Manu is NOT the best passer in the league, he is a VERY GOOD one and obviously the best on the team. Also, there is quite a bit of difference between SUPPORT and REALITY. So POOP, before you criticize others for having common fucking sense, try to think of the previously mentioned REALITY statement. This thread is the epitome of homerism ignorance and is not based on the facts of reality. But I do love your passion, so keep it up home slice! :tu

+1
Well written.

silverblackfan
01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I do have to say that when he is 100%, I would rather have Manu than Kobe. Flame me if you will, but it is the complete package I am looking at. His passing, shooting, and ability to 'will' a game to victory are priceless.

smeagol
01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
flash does not mean he is the best passer

When did I say otherwise? I don't think Manu is the best passer in the NBA (duh!). I do think he is up there when we talk about spectacular passes, threading the needle, etc

that is what this thread is about

The last thing I need is for your retarded ass to explain to me what threads are about.

rascal
01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I do have to say that when he is 100%, I would rather have Manu than Kobe. Flame me if you will, but it is the complete package I am looking at. His passing, shooting, and ability to 'will' a game to victory are priceless.

No. Kobe much better in all categories.

ElNono
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
What Manu has is incredible court vision and a great feel for the game. Those things you just can't teach. He doesn't have to make increible passes every night, or score 40 points every night to make an imprint in the game. Obviously, people do remeber those individual accomplishments more because they naturally stand out.
Bottom line is that Manu is a heck of a player and I'm glad he's a Spur...

smeagol
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM

With a healthy Manu, Kobe is better in all categories. Not "much" better.

ElNono
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Nah, you're just bitter we haven't traded him yet. You must be wishing real hard he gets injured again these days, don't you?

Agloco
01-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Top 5

DAF86
01-03-2010, 02:34 PM

That's not true. Manu's court vision and passing abilities >>> Kobe's

And that's something that doesn't go with age.

kace
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM

so what ? are we supposed to have the best player at each position ?

when we have a top5 PG with TP (at least, when he's at his best, which isn't the case this years till now), you have people telling maybe D-Will or CP3 or Nash are better.

and the same for manu.

Kobe is obviously the better player, but non only manu at his best is one of the best SG, but for me it's clear that i prefer to have him than Kobe.

Now the fact that Manu could not be his old self again has changed the thing, but the manu we had these last few years and that i still hope to see consistently this year, i wouldn't chande him for any SG in the league.