PDA

View Full Version : 48 Minutes of Hell: Miami Heat 78, San Antonio Spurs 108

biba
01-01-2010, 03:58 AM
Miami Heat 78, San Antonio Spurs 108: the Early Edition

48 Minutes of Hell Thursday, December 31st, 2009...7:18 pm

The Spurs celebrated the arrival of a new year by putting on what may have been their most dominant performance of the season, defeating the Heat by 30 points. I’ve got a little celebrating to do myself but I wanted to make a few quick observations. I’ll be back tomorrow morning (or, depending on the amount of celebrating I do, afternoon) with more thoughts on tonight’s game and an important announcement.

Headed into the fourth quarter, the score was 86-62. The Spurs held the Heat to only 13 third quarter points while simultaneously scoring 28 and making the action in the fourth practically irrelevant. Typically, when the Spurs are winning by double digits and on pace for a 100 point game, the team has been having a very productive night from beyond the arc. But at the end of the third? We were 2 of 9 from 3-point range. 80 of our 86 points had come inside the arc. There has always been a strong correlation between our perimeter shooting and our win column. This evening was a dramatic outlier.

During his post-game interview, Pop dampened my excitement by noting what a hard fought contest Miami’s Wednesday night game against New Orleans was.

“I think we caught a break because [Miami] had a tough game last night,” Said Pop. “They had to expend a lot of energy against New Orleans. To play again tonight is tough.”

Given that my success rate in post-game interviews has been pretty low, I chose to let this press session pass without asking Coach Pop a question. (But I got some really interesting comments from Pop before the game that I’ll share tomorrow).

Have fun and be safe ringing in the New Year. Go Spurs.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/12/31/miami-heat-78-san-antonio-spurs-108-the-early-edition/

Manudo Flopo
01-01-2010, 04:48 AM
“I think we caught a break because [Miami] had a tough game last night,” Said Pop. “They had to expend a lot of energy against New Orleans. To play again tonight is tough.”

There you go!

Danny.Zhu
01-01-2010, 04:57 AM
[/B]

There you go!

Yup.