PDA

View Full Version : Positives after Win VS Miami

draft87
01-01-2010, 04:33 AM
I posted a long thread about a bunch of current Spurs stuff.
I'm breaking it up.

First part:

After tonight's win against Miami.

You probably already realized most of these:

-Big win over a winning(.500 win/loss) team

-A BIG big win over a winning team- 30 point margin of victory.

-Considering the unbalanced total games played in the league, Spurs currently rank as the lopsided 4th place in the West. -YES it's too early to consider standings but we still can use them to chart progress.

-Glance at standings: Of all top 8 West teams Spurs have best L10 record(8-2) Even though we've played a lot of -.500 teams we still won and tonight's win helped us continue up the standings. (I will post more in depth standings of top 10 west teams with L10 and Point Differential)

-10 games ago we were 11-9(.550). We are now 19-11(.633)

-Average Point Differential +6.4 is 2nd in West behind only the Lakers at +6.9. This means that Spurs are scoring an average of 6.4 points MORE than their opponent each game. Last season we were at +3.7(again, I will post more in depth standings of top 10 west teams with L10 and Point Differential) The next closest team at 3rd place is Denver with +5.3. Spurs have a nice advantage. Denver may score more than Spurs but we hold opponents to fewer points.
-------------------------------------

The last not-so-bullet-like bullet is what I to spend more time on.

This will kind of tie in things about our struggles with .500 teams, consistency, our positive indicators, what to expect in the future, and what to expect from other teams even though we're only starting the 2nd quarter of the season.

------------

see next thread