PDA

View Full Version : Could someone explain?

SpurNation
01-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Happy New Year to all. With the holidays and work schedule I haven't been able to watch the last 5 to 6 games.

But in looking at the box scores of the past 5 games I've noticed a trend of the Spurs shooting less 3 pointer's in these games while team assists have increased.

Have the Spurs been playing a different style of offensive game?

(If this continues....perhaps I shouldn't watch the games...:lol)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Chieflion
01-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Ginobili has been driving more and attacking the rim instead of just shooting 3 balls, that is one. However, the main contributing factor is Matt Bonner's absence. You take his attempts out and play more of Blair and RJ at the 4, they won't be taking 3s.

SpurNation
01-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks Chief.

I have been hoping the Spurs (Ginobili) would start implementing more than just Parker attacking the rim. And though Parker is excellent when penetrating...Ginobili has been the better passer in those situations. It also appears that Mason has been doing a better job of distributing as well though his 3pt.% has dropped off. But who cares if this trend continues.

Solid D
01-01-2010, 11:32 AM
To add to what Chieflon said, the only player that hoists more 3s per game than Bonner (3.8) is Manu (4.2).

The Spurs have been playing more uptempo lately, going against teams that aren't very good in transition defense. Miami is pretty good defensively but their transition D was obviously tired.

CubanMustGo
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Finley not playing hasn't hurt, either, IMO.

Chomag
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I like it! LOL

Brazil
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
bonner + finley injured and manu and RJ attacking more the rim

raspsa
01-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Plus Timmy being aggressive with his own shots. This is a different dimension for the Spurs, running more fastbreaks and getting baskets in transition. When Bonner and Finley return, that's another wrinkle for defenses to contend with.