PDA

View Full Version : Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

Purch
01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
They Predict he goes number 4
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zprwy0.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6MYzLOBt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2ZhphUIiQ
He has very good back to the basket moves and is a finesse big man but also posses a consistent perimeter jumpshot. He's one of those versatile international big man that can do a bit of everything,can knock down the jumper play with their back to the basket and has great footwork.

Added a vid where it has highlights agienst team usa

The thing that popped out about me him first to me is that he's a great rebounder

Think its about time for a new set

And he's a good free throw shooter

Upside is huge, fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.

BUT, pretty bad mentality, ultra skinny, still immature (he was so afraid and shy in Prague 15 months ago and now he is a bully on court), unable to match-up with bigger opponents (like with Koufos yesterday), not a consistent inside defender in one on one, still has ways to go, although fundamentals are there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNjxJ8kmR0

Look especilly from 4:00 on he starts balling lol

4:00-4:04

4:36-4:42 take it in strong and gets to the line

4:52-4:56 He slashes to the rim and finishes

5:53-5:56 Inside

1:16-1:22 great pass

6:03- 6:06 tip in

5:08-5:12 Knocks down mid range jumper

yEA YOU go search from 2-4 I'm to lazy for that

But he got to the freethrow line at will

Tacker
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
k

poop
01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
hes white.

FkLA
01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Just look at his face its screaming out BUST. He looks like a pussy, probably the next Darko.

Purch
01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Just look at his face its screaming out BUST. He looks like a pussy, probably the next Darko.
No Darko and Kwame are in a class of their own

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
How many of these foreign pusswad big men have ever lived up to the hype?

lil_penny
01-01-2010, 12:56 PM
How many of these foreign pusswad big men have ever lived up to the hype?

Pau and marc have done gret jobs exceeding expectations.. sabonis even though he was on his last leg.. vlade was pretty solid..

But as stated before this dude has the face of darko.

Mark in Austin
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
"Finesse big man" "extremely talented but knows it"

anybody see this trainwreck coming? by all means Sparky, enter the draft. Then when some dumbass GM from Golden State or Milwaukee or Minnesota drafts you in the top ten it makes it just a little more likely a true NBA player will fall all the way to the Spurs. Again.

anonoftheinternets
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
lol 224 pounds. Baron davis is 210 ...

xellos88330
01-01-2010, 03:45 PM
lol 224 pounds. Baron davis is 210 ...

I was thinking the same thing!

Purch
01-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't get how you guys are assuming he's a bust

Here's his positives

Fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.

Basically on offense he's one of those players like Gasol and Dirk who have have a great deal of versatility. His back to the basket game and his footwork are past his years. He his his 3 pointers at a bit under 50% from what I've heard. And he's a great freethrow shooter

Though he does have weakness a pretty bad mentality, ultra skinny, still immature (he was so afraid and shy in Prague 15 months ago and now he is a bully on court), unable to match-up with bigger opponents (like with Koufos yesterday), not a consistent inside defender in one on one, still has ways to go, although fundamentals are there.

Basically his biggest weakness if the face he's weak and he needs to his the gym because everyone just loves to post him up. He's an immature player at the moment but he'll mature as he grows up. His defense has alot to do once again with people posting him up as they please.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Bust.

NZ Spurs
01-01-2010, 05:55 PM
None of these retards have seen him play.

I saw him play in the U19 world champs. He was pretty inconsistent; however, he took over the end of one game and decided the outcome. He actually was quite physical and has a really good touch. Dude is skinny though, he would need to put on some muscle.

noob cake
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
He'll succeed Dirk as the next soft big euro shooter.

Won't be a bust will be soft

benefactor
01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
He could probably go either way. If he doesn't put some weight on I don't see how he can deal with the stronger forwards in the NBA. His ceiling is probably a solid off the bench shooting PF that can stretch the floor for a team with a dominant inside player/scoring G/F.

JamStone
01-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Whatever happened to that one prospect Nemanja Alexandrov who had a bunch of NBA draft hype a few years ago?

Kobayagi
01-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Whatever happened to that one prospect Nemanja Alexandrov who had a bunch of NBA draft hype a few years ago?

lol, draft hype? Really? He plays for my hometown team Olimpija Ljubljana which is one of the worst teams in Euroleague this season. Well, actually I should've said he doesn't play, because he's such a bust he hardly gets any playing time.

So much for premature draft hypes with white european bigs. :king

Kobayagi
01-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, he's had constant knee problems since 2005 and has had 2 or 3 knee surgeries already, so that's the main reason that he's not lived up to the expectations.

Bob Lanier
01-01-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't get how you guys are assuming he's a bust

Here's his positives

Fantastic size, lefty, smooth, athletic, great slasher, finisher with both hands, has ballhandling skills already, good range, quick release, fine rebounder, good post moves, though a perimenter-oriented pf, excellent footwork, good body-use, fine mobility, good passing game.
That could be copied word-for-word from a circa-2002 draft report on Darko Milicic.

Chieflion
01-01-2010, 10:57 PM
His weaknesses sound a lot like Darko to me. Poor work ethic.

mogrovejo
01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
lol, draft hype? Really? He plays for my hometown team Olimpija Ljubljana which is one of the worst teams in Euroleague this season. Well, actually I should've said he doesn't play, because he's such a bust he hardly gets any playing time.

So much for premature draft hypes with white european bigs. :king

Aleksandrov was the best 16 years old I've ever seen playing. European U-16 championship in Madrid, 6 or 7 years ago. What an amazing basketball player. Uber-skilled and other worldly athleticism. Unfortunately, injuries killed him as a basketball player and an athlete. Dramatic story.

mogrovejo
01-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I don't get the Motiejunas/Darko comparisons. Milicic was a bench warmer for a weak European team, I still remember reading the message boards and ESPN pre-draft and thinking "wtf, how can this guy be so good and never play? where are they getting this info from?". Of course, he just wasn't that good. Motiejunas, OTOH, is legit. And in terms of skill-set they are in polar opposites.

Motiejunas doesn't have a great back-to-the-basket game and he's not even a good rebounder, let alone a "great" one. He's very good facing up, has excellent ball-handling for a guy of his size and a tremendous touch around the rim with both hands. He reminds me a lot of one of the best big men in Europe in the last 2 decades, Gregor Fucka. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Fu%C4%8Dka)

The biggest problem I have with Motiejunas and gives me pause about his NBA (and European) potential is that he's extremely soft and lacks strength and the physical game required to play inside. "Shows toughness to play inside with contact"? No, he doesn't, sometimes I feel this draft sites experts just make up stuff.

Uh, and Nowitzki wasn't exactly experienced or established when he joined the NBA.

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Darko had loads of talent, it was just that Larry Brown has something against European players and he never played Darko. Had Darko been a team's normal second overall pick and gotten 25 minutes per game as a rookie he most likely would not be at the end of every bench.

Darko was at the end of every bench before being drafted. Brown didn't do anything that his previous coach wasn't doing.

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Larry Brown has something against European players and he never played Darko.

Congrats on making one of the dumbest comments ever. Well done. it must have took an effort to be that stupid.

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry, is there a reason you are being a fucktard? Did you get it up the ass last night or something?

I'm not the one saying retarded shit like Darko Millicic has tons of talent.

mavs>spurs2
01-02-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry, is there a reason you are being a fucktard? Did you get it up the ass last night or something?

no reason to talk like that son just because he called you out on your comment, which was indeed really fucking stupid

Mavs_man_41
01-02-2010, 12:36 AM
"Had" was the word I used. You don't get drafted ahead of college stars like Carmelo, Bosh and D-Wade if you don't show gobs of potential. He was someone who ran the floor well, was stong, could shoot and was tough.

so he had all this talent that just suddenly disappeared? :lmao righttt

more like he was an overrated bust who everyone else made out to be greater than he really was, including you

BadOdor
01-02-2010, 12:36 AM
"Had" was the word I used. You don't get drafted ahead of college stars like Carmelo, Bosh and D-Wade if you don't show gobs of potential. He was someone who ran the floor well, was stong, could shoot and was tough.

"Had"? Son, talent doesn't just go away. You made a stupid comment and got called on it, stop being butt hurt.

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Darko Milicic insists that the Pistons lied to him after taking him with the second pick in the 2003 NBA Draft. "Yes, they did," Milicic said. "They lie to everybody. It's the NBA. The NBA, all around the league, same (garbage). 'Your chance is going to come.' All that kind of (garbage). (Forget) that.
"I've got enough of that kind of stuff, so I decided I'm going to Europe."
Milicic announced earlier this season that he plans to return to Europe next summer.
He has appeared in just eight games for the Knicks this season.
"I've got to be real," he said. "There is no team in the league that is going to give me the chance that I'm looking for. My only chance is back in Europe. I'm going to do that. I want to be happy. I want to play."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63726/20091230/darko_the_nba_is_full_of_liars/

I loled.

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 12:38 AM
"Had" was the word I used.

Where did his talent go.....did the talent fairy take it away?

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Clearly you've never heard of Steve Francis.

Yeah, having repeated knee injuries and "losing talent" is the same thing.

Mavs_man_41
01-02-2010, 12:50 AM
He had very good talent. I personally never though he should have been drafted ahead of those other players. Truth is that Darko was never given a fair chance. Like I said, in Detroit Larry Brown never played him. Larry Brown just does not like international players. The only reason Okur played rotation minutes for him was because Carlisle did a good job working him into the team as a rookie.

lol yeah brah, larry brown didn't want to win ballgames and just ignored his extraordinary talents. oh, it get's even weirder. every other team he's played for also all had secret agendas against him. it has nothing to do with him being another shitty overrated euro :lmao

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 12:53 AM
lol yeah brah, larry brown didn't want to win ballgames and just ignored his extraordinary talents. oh, it get's even weirder. every other team he's played for also all had secret agendas against him. it has nothing to do with him being another shitty overrated euro :lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Goran Dragic
01-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Still lets look at Darko's numbers; only 5 minutes per game as a rookie and 7 minutes per game as a second year player. While LeBron Wade and Bosh all averaged around 25 or 30 minutes per game.

As a 21 year old with Orlando he got his first real rotation minutes consistantly and put up respectable numbers of 8 points per game, almost 2 blocks and 5 rebounds per game (nearly 2 offensive borads per game) while shooting 45% as Dwight's back up. Those are very solid numbers, but he still was playing behind Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu.

He was never given a proper chance cause Brown saw him in practice everyday and knew he sucked.

Purch
01-02-2010, 05:22 AM
I don't get the Motiejunas/Darko comparisons. Milicic was a bench warmer for a weak European team, I still remember reading the message boards and ESPN pre-draft and thinking "wtf, how can this guy be so good and never play? where are they getting this info from?". Of course, he just wasn't that good. Motiejunas, OTOH, is legit. And in terms of skill-set they are in polar opposites.

Motiejunas doesn't have a great back-to-the-basket game and he's not even a good rebounder, let alone a "great" one. He's very good facing up, has excellent ball-handling for a guy of his size and a tremendous touch around the rim with both hands. He reminds me a lot of one of the best big men in Europe in the last 2 decades, Gregor Fucka. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Fu%C4%8Dka)

The biggest problem I have with Motiejunas and gives me pause about his NBA (and European) potential is that he's extremely soft and lacks strength and the physical game required to play inside. "Shows toughness to play inside with contact"? No, he doesn't, sometimes I feel this draft sites experts just make up stuff.

Uh, and Nowitzki wasn't exactly experienced or established when he joined the NBA.

Where are you getting that from he has excellent footwork and an excellent back to the basket game go watch him on youtube.

usdane
01-02-2010, 05:25 AM
The Pistons already have him no 1 on their draft board.

sendman
01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
And to put things straight, for every shitty overrated euro there are 10 shitty overrated americans.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
And to put things straight, for every shitty overrated euro there are 10 shitty overrated americans.

And for every Euro NBA player there are a lot more than 10 American NBA players so proportionality Europeans are more overrated.

Mavs_man_41
01-02-2010, 06:05 PM

lol euro mad

Pero
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
And for every Euro NBA player there are a lot more than 10 American NBA players

Uhm, no...

Mavs_man_41
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Uhm, no...

LOL rasho and goran dragic :lmao

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
LOL rasho and goran dragic :lmao

:lmao Beno Udrih

Pero
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't know what's funny about them, you're still wrong. But I guess even simple math can be difficult for some people.