PDA

View Full Version : Jordan/Hakeem vs Kobe/Duncan

Tacker
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
which duo in their prime would be better?

DPG21920
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Impossible to say because Kobe is not in his prime yet.

Greg Oden
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
ashraf/ducks

DAF86
01-01-2010, 05:19 PM

You really think that?

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2010, 05:19 PM
The vote for the first one.

DPG21920
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
You really think that?

The question is do you really think that I really think that?

Muser
01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Jordan/Hakeem.

IronMexican
01-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Jordan > Kobe

Hakeem > Duncan

djohn2oo8
01-01-2010, 05:28 PM
which duo in their prime would be better?

Jordan/Hakeem, and they almost became teammates

Tacker
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
kill yourself

u mad?

DAF86
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
The question is do you really think that I really think that?

The question is do you really think that I'd have asked if I knew the answer?

Double-Up
01-01-2010, 05:49 PM

What?

JMarkJohns
01-01-2010, 05:51 PM
At each player's absolute prime, Jordan is better than Kobe and Hakeem is better than Duncan. If you said at a specific age, then this may get more interesting, as Jordan was unstoppable early while Hakeem had good stats, but wasn't nearly as skilled, while Duncan was great early while Kobe struggled.

Say each player at 27, and I think this gets more interesting.

Kobe averaged 35 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2 spg on 45% FG, 35% 3FG and was at his absolute athletic peak.
Duncan averaged 24 ppg, 13 rpg, 4 apg, 3 bpg on 51% FG and was at his absolute peak of balance across the board.

Jordan averaged 34 ppg, 7 rpg, 6 apg, 2+ spg on 53% FG, 38% 3FG and was just in the latter stages of his absolute physical athletic peak.
Hakeem averaged 24 ppg, 14 rpg, 3 apg, 4+ bpg on 50% FG and was just entering the stage of his career where he found balance in athletic ability and skill.

I'd still say Jordan/Hakeem, but I'm an Hakeem fan, so...

DPG21920
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
The question is do you really think that I'd have asked if I knew the answer?

An even more interesting question is do you really think that I would have asked you in return, knowing that you asked me, knowing you did not know the answer, wondering if I was really serious in a Tacker thread?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
:lmao @ people who shat bricks in response to DPG's comment.

BadOdor
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
IF ashraf makes a layup, but there's no one around, is there still a Britney spear song playing in the background?

benefactor
01-01-2010, 06:16 PM
This one is too easy. The tougher comparison would be Jordan/Duncan vs. Kobe/Hakeem.

Venti Quattro
01-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Sons I think Kobe and Duncan will upset Jordan and Hakeem.

Nevertheless, there would be blood on the hardcourt after this game

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Jordan and Hakeem are better because they're both better from an individual standpoint than their counterparts..

I still find it funny that Hakeem is remembered A LOT better today than he was when he was actually playing..

Chillen
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Jordan/Hakeem, and it's not even close.

remingtonbo2001
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Jordan and Hakeem.

However, Duncan>Hakeem.

flamingdts
01-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Jordan and Hakeem.

However, Duncan>Hakeem.

Sure:rolleyes

flipcritic
01-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes. Another question that has no answer.

Kai
01-02-2010, 12:33 AM
This one is too easy. The tougher comparison would be Jordan/Duncan vs. Kobe/Hakeem.

Now this guy, he's a thinker :tu

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Now this guy, he's a thinker :tu

Agree. But to Op's ? Has to be Hakeem/MJ Fundamental wise Id take Duncan and Kobe all day every day you could write coaching books on the foot work, Kobe's fade-away and TD''s bank shot. Defnese as well.
I think HAkeem and Mj are better defenders because of athleticism but later in their careers aedge goes to Kobe and Duncan i think they "aged" better especially Duncan over Hakeem ...

DxB
01-02-2010, 05:36 AM
Dude, whoever has Jordan is gonna win. Not a whole fuckin lot anyone wud be able to do about it...

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Sure:rolleyes

tim duncan would put up a better fight against hakeem, then whoever was guarding him in the 90s, yes im talkin about drob here....duncan would not get fooled on that dream shake bs, cause duncan his feet is always planted to the floor and you rarely see him jump to block shots...

Metheny
01-02-2010, 09:11 AM
LOL kobe would get destroyed by a prime jordan guarding him and would whine and complain like he did on christmas when he was introduced to physical basketball whic wasn't even close to the 90's era those stats posted are in an era where it is much easier for a perimeter player to score nowadays. Jordan/Hakeem would destroy. As for duncan and hakeem i think hakeem's footwork would get the better of duncan just look at how he made the admiral look like a fool.

Metheny
01-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Agree. But to Op's ? Has to be Hakeem/MJ Fundamental wise Id take Duncan and Kobe all day every day you could write coaching books on the foot work, Kobe's fade-away and TD''s bank shot. Defnese as well.
I think HAkeem and Mj are better defenders because of athleticism but later in their careers aedge goes to Kobe and Duncan i think they "aged" better especially Duncan over Hakeem ...

how did kobe age better then jordan were are the results? at the same age jordan's number show he is vastly superior in every aspect of the game and he had the :lobt2: to prove it.

Tacker
01-02-2010, 11:20 AM
tim duncan would put up a better fight against hakeem, then whoever was guarding him in the 90s, yes im talkin about drob here....duncan would not get fooled on that dream shake bs, cause duncan his feet is always planted to the floor and you rarely see him jump to block shots...

BuP1pJYsEPc

Tacker
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM

hW4uXlRGAF0

djohn2oo8
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM

ok :wakeup

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
LOL at Killakobe

"Kobe's fadeaway"

someone should educate themselves about the game.

It's really "Jordan's fadeaway"

LOL@anyoen thinking Kobe has better fundamentals than MJ

Donkeybong
01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
LOL at Killakobe

"Kobe's fadeaway"

someone should educate themselves about the game.

It's really "Jordan's fadeaway"

LOL@anyoen thinking Kobe has better fundamentals than MJ

Jordan's fadeaway is better, but other than that, Kobe's fundamentals are every bit as solid as Jordan's.

JMarkJohns
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Jordan's fadeaway is better, but other than that, Kobe's fundamentals are every bit as solid as Jordan's.

I do remember that Phil Jackson said the only difference twixt Kobe/Jordan was Kobe can't do this... (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1203/nba_g_jordan2_sy_576.jpg)

Now, Jackson is prone to utilize strategic hyperbole, but I have long held that one of Kobe's only weaknesses in comparison to Jordan has been shot selection. This is a weakness he's greatly improved on of late.

Tacker
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I do remember that Phil Jackson said the only difference twixt Kobe/Jordan was Kobe can't do this... (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1203/nba_g_jordan2_sy_576.jpg)

Now, Jackson is prone to utilize strategic hyperbole, but I have long held that one of Kobe's only weaknesses in comparison to Jordan has been shot selection. This is a weakness he's greatly improved on of late.
1:02

t0hO8PQTjFU

JMarkJohns
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
1:02

t0hO8PQTjFU

Yep.

Metheny
01-02-2010, 04:18 PM

are you kidding hes not a better defender... hes not a better inside player....he doesn't make his teammates better....hes not a better scorer....hmmm

JMarkJohns
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
are you kidding hes not a better defender... hes not a better inside player....he doesn't make his teammates better....hes not a better scorer....hmmm

So you know better than Phil Jackson?

Metheny
01-03-2010, 12:12 AM
phil suffers from amnesia its seems and why would phil not want to hype up his star? Its extremely direspectful to even consider kobe being close to michael, Micheal is just vastly superior there will never be a michael jordan kobe's not even the best player of his decade theres a man on the spurs that dominates called TIM DUNCAN and a man who gave kobe some nice Jewelry SHAQ

MiamiHeat
01-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Uh, he's coaching the Lakers.

Get back to me when he is no longer coaching Kobe.

doobs
01-03-2010, 12:25 AM
I think it's really close.

Jordan > Kobe (is this even debatable?)
Duncan > Hakeem

Hakeem is starting to become overrated, IMO. I think it has to do with the Dream Shake. It just looks so damn good on highlights.

Don't get me wrong, he had some beastly seasons and did more to earn his two championships than almost any other superstar in NBA history. (Though it must be noted that he did this during Jordan's first retirement.) But Tim Duncan is simply a better player, both individually and as a team player.

Ice009
01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I actually think Duncan and Kobe would fit well together as Tim would as usual let Kobe do his thing and develop some good chemistry together.

ginobilized
01-03-2010, 04:24 AM
My money's on Ostertag/Ehlo for the upset....in neither's prime.

Chieflion
01-03-2010, 06:26 AM
This is Hakeem and Jordan by a mile. This is talking about prime and both Jordan and Hakeem were unstoppable forces in their prime. Teams had to throw 3 players just to stop one of each.

mojorizen7
01-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Jordan > Kobe

Hakeem > Duncan
Absofuckinlutely right.
Jordan refused to lose.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
how did kobe age better then jordan were are the results? at the same age jordan's number show he is vastly superior in every aspect of the game and he had the :lobt2: to prove it.

My point was that Kobe's game is IMHO opinion is getting better while MJ was at his peak the first 3 peat I AM NOT saying that Kobe is Better at same age ...just that Kobe is considered better now (than young Kobe)than he was by most experts and even opposing fans ...even though his "lift" is gone ....

I am not arguing stats ...stats can be manipulated this is a message board just my opinion ... and even with stats your statement is an opinion as well just based on stats

Also I think fundamentals wise Kobe and Duncan are textbook ...(though Ray has a prettier jumpshot and I think Duncan doesnt get up enough on blocks but those are nitpicks)

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
phil suffers from amnesia its seems and why would phil not want to hype up his star? Its extremely direspectful to even consider kobe being close to michael, Micheal is just vastly superior there will never be a michael jordan kobe's not even the best player of his decade theres a man on the spurs that dominates called TIM DUNCAN and a man who gave kobe some nice Jewelry SHAQ

Ha said close NOT better you guys are sad the greatest (arguable) coach said his best current player is "close" to MJ ...yet you feel the need to challenge it his honesty? Isn't Phil brutally honest? Plus, it's his opinion not fact ... but his opinion is a lot more educated than yours ... LOL

SpurCharger
01-03-2010, 02:17 PM
It Would be Competitive! But Any Team That Has Jordan Has To Be The Favorite To Win! I Love Duncan, But Mike Is In His Own League. Nobody Can Touch Him.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I think that the MJ love by most is laughable he is the best player (noyt my fave Magic is) but who knows maybe Lebron passes him we just don't know ... I think Lebron has the ability to pass Kobe and then Jordan if he keeps improving and satys healthy nut right now no he isn't but to say "Nobody" can touch him all great players will be passed someday ...doubt Kobe will at this point but it's possible Lebron has a "good" chance ...

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok how about Lebron and Hakeem vs. Duncan and Mj ...
I might lean towards Lebron and Hakeem because the size/speed combo of Hekeem and Lebron would be sick Fundamentals again I lean towarsd MJ and Duncan but in a 2 on 2?

better hypothetical 3 on 3 hoop it up style
Kobe lebron and hakeem vs. MJ duncan and Wade DISCUSS!