PDA

View Full Version : Malik Hairston and Marcus Haislip?

Srupsog
01-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Is Malik and Marcus's Contracts guaranteed for next season?

Also if they were traded this season, can they easily be waived?

TimmehC
01-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Is Malik and Marcus's Contracts guaranteed for next season?

Also if they were traded this season, can they easily be waived?

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

Haislip is guaranteed this season, but neither of them have guaranteed money next year. As far as a trade, it would be much easier for another team to waive Hairston. But, we can't really get much of anything for either of them, since they make so little.

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
If we can make a good move by trading them, go for it..but I think it'll help to have them next year, especially Hairston, if we plan on giving Splitter a good contract and re-sign some of our free agents..we'll need to fill up some roster spots with small contracts, and both guys fill that criteria..

It sucks that we can't see more Haislip..he was beyond horrible in preseason, but he's looked pretty decent in the garbage time he's received during the reg. season..it's tough to judge somebody in garbage minutes though..

Spurs Brazil
01-01-2010, 10:38 PM
For Your Calendars

Iverson
There are a handful of key dates every season for player movement in the NBA and two of them come early in the new year. Teams can start signing players to 10-day contracts on Tuesday, while players possessing non-guaranteed contracts will see those contracts become guaranteed if they survive with their current teams through Jan. 10.

The latter stipulation, though, means that the following 20 players -- including a certain Allen Iverson in Philly -- actually only have to make it through Wednesday, which is the last day teams can release players with non-guaranteed deals in time for them to clear waivers.

That's because the 48-hour waiver period has been moved up from Jan. 8 to Jan. 6 this season because Jan. 10 falls on a Sunday, which is a non-business day in the NBA.

Othello Hunter (Atlanta) $736,420
Stephen Graham (Charlotte) $884,881
Darnell Jackson (Cleveland) $736,420
Coby Karl (Cleveland) $736,420
Jawad Williams (Cleveland) $736,420
Joey Graham (Denver) $884,881
Chucky Atkins (Detroit) $1,306,455
Chris Hunter (Golden State) $632,455
Mike Harris (Houston) $489,503
Carlos Arroyo (Miami) $1,107,572
Jonathan Bender (New York) $801,361
Marcus Landry (New York) $457,588
Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) $1,022,109
Jarron Collins (Phoenix) $1,181,803
Patrick Mills (Portland) $457,588
Shavlik Randolph (Portland) $551,749
Ime Udoka (Sacramento) $984,714 $825,497
Wesley Matthews (Utah) $457,588
Earl Boykins (Washington) $1,191,180
Dominic McGuire (Washington) $825,497

There are five other players with partially guaranteed contracts that become fully guaranteed this month: Drew Gooden (Dallas), $1.9 million of his $4.5 million salary was guaranteed coming into the season. Anthony Morrow (Golden State), $300,000 of his $736,420 salary was guaranteed coming into the season. A.J. Price (Indiana), $300,000 of his $457,588 salary was guaranteed coming into the season. Marcus Williams (Memphis), $500,000 of his $855,189 salary was guaranteed coming into the season. Taylor Griffin (Phoenix), $250,000 of his $457,588 salary was guaranteed coming into the season.

Four players with non-guaranteed contracts have already been waived this season: Miami's Shavlik Randolph, Oklahoma City's Mike Wilks, Phoenix's Jason Hart and Portland's Anthony Tolliver. Randolph was then signed by the Blazers on Dec. 30; Hart was released by the Suns after they acquired him Tuesday from Minnesota in a trade for Alando Tucker, cash and a conditional future second-round draft pick.

Kareem Rush of the Los Angeles Clippers, meanwhile, also had a non-guaranteed contract coming into the season, but the season-ending knee injury he suffered in early mid-November means Rush will receive his full $1,107,572 salary even if the Clips decide they need his roster spot and elect to waive him.

Four other players had partially guaranteed deals that, as stipulated in their contracts, became fully guaranteed in December: Boston's Lester Hudson ($150,000 of his $457,588 salary was guaranteed); Cleveland's Danny Green ($140,000 of his $457,588 salary was guaranteed); Indiana's Luther Head ($250,000 of his $884,861 salary was guaranteed); and San Antonio's Malik Hairston ($50,000 of his $736,420 salary was guaranteed).

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100101-02/weekend-dime-best-worst-decades-five

Ice009
01-01-2010, 11:06 PM
If we can make a good move by trading them, go for it..but I think it'll help to have them next year, especially Hairston, if we plan on giving Splitter a good contract and re-sign some of our free agents..we'll need to fill up some roster spots with small contracts, and both guys fill that criteria..

It sucks that we can't see more Haislip..he was beyond horrible in preseason, but he's looked pretty decent in the garbage time he's received during the reg. season..it's tough to judge somebody in garbage minutes though..

What do you think about Hairston lately? To me he looked awful in the last game, but that was in garbage time so I guess it shouldn't count for much. He really should have gotten more court time earlier in the season.

It sucks that Malik played great in the Summer League and also pre-season, but hasn't gotten any real court time in the NBA, especially when players that he destroyed in SL and Pre-season are getting court time and producing.

I don't want Malik to regress and lose confidence as he watches guys he lit up get court time and not get a chance himself.

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
He looked bad last game, but he's not going to look good every game, he's still a raw role player..that was one of the few times I've seen him look bad though IMO, it happens..he doesn't really fit with this current roster, as much as I would like him to play, too many guys ahead of him, and Pop won't quit on Finley anyways..

I hope he goes back to the D-league soon, it's better than playing garbage minutes where he doesn't really have an opportunity to show anything..

I think his contract becomes guaranteed now or soon, so it looks like they'll continue to develop him for next year, which is a good sign..I expect him to be the 4th wing next year..

Ice009
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
he doesn't really fit with this current roster, as much as I would like him to play, too many guys ahead of him, and Pop won't quit on Finley anyways..

So are you just saying he falls into the numbers crunch and won't play because of that or are you saying his game doesn't fit with the current roster of players?

Chomag
01-01-2010, 11:49 PM
What do you think about Hairston lately? To me he looked awful in the last game, but that was in garbage time so I guess it shouldn't count for much. He really should have gotten more court time earlier in the season.

It sucks that Malik played great in the Summer League and also pre-season, but hasn't gotten any real court time in the NBA, especially when players that he destroyed in SL and Pre-season are getting court time and producing.

I don't want Malik to regress and lose confidence as he watches guys he lit up get court time and not get a chance himself.

Our Stars even look bad some games, however those players for example TP and Manu get to play themselves back into a rhythm while Hairston doesn't have that same luxury.

None of these guys including Hairston should get a free pass of course, but you got to be fair to Hairston and not say he sucks because of a bad game or two. It happens to even the best players.