PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Pulls Gun in Lockeroom

FeZZy
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4788773

Might not be related to Spurs but just shows how that Wizard team is about to be broken up and we can benefit with some of the pieces..Jamison, Haywood

spurspokesman
01-01-2010, 08:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4788773

Might not be related to Spurs but just shows how that Wizard team is about to be broken up and we can benefit with some of the pieces..Jamison, Haywood
Even though I'm a dedicated spur fan I like washington. I'm from and in conn and butler played at uconn and I like jamison and the loads of potential they have but can't find a good leader. Now this. On another note before I got on the camby train. B haywood was atop my list. Does a little bit of everything. Would be a robbery if we got em.

mosdef17
01-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Caron Butler has always been at the top of my Spurs wish list. Perfect small ball PF. Not an insanely bad contract either. Owed $9m this season and $10m next...

misterx91578
01-01-2010, 10:40 PM
he was just trying to bring the Bullets name back

UnWantedTheory
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
OMG! Say it aint so!

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Butler wouldn't fit here, we have enough wings that need the ball..

Haywood on the other hand..:eyebrows

draft87
01-02-2010, 01:09 AM
What a culture shock for Oberto. I hope his heart ailments don't come back. Imagine this, he goes from tight family, "good ol' boys" Spurs to potentially being a witness in a Federal Firearms Case. Did you listen to that report? He was interviewed along with about half dozen teammates about what they saw in the locker room. This situation and consider how dysfunctional Washington has been so far he must really miss San Antonio.

I guess we'll see tomorrow what's gonna happen to Wizards' team chemistry.

ynh
01-02-2010, 01:20 AM
I guess I'm not really understanding why Gilbert pulling a gun on his teamates means that Jamison, Butler, and Haywood are up for sale for other teams trash?

draft87
01-02-2010, 01:50 AM
I guess I'm not really understanding why Gilbert pulling a gun on his teamates means that Jamison, Butler, and Haywood are up for sale for other teams trash?

I agree. I don't think it means so much that the team will be broken up but very well could land both of those dudes(Arenas and Crittenton) in prison for several years. That's fucking insane. Rumors are it's over a gambling debt? Un-fucking believable. It's sad what's happening to that team. What's Arenas' contract? 6 years 111 million? The Wizards drop all this money on him and Jamison only to have years and years of injury and then PRISON????

Even before this gun situation came up I was really thinking Washington really wasted its money. They've spent what, 160 million on Arenas/Jamison but gave up Mason? What the fuck. I remember when this summer came around they were saying that they firmly believed that the core of Arenas/Jamison/Butler/Haywood had a shot at a title when healthy.....But they never got past the first round. The 2005 team that got swept by Miami in round 2 was before they swapped Kwame Brown for Caron Butler. Granted they are correct that 2 of the 3 playoff years had either/both Arenas/Jamison out, but the last time all three played together in the playoffs was 2006. Damn, time to move on. Too much time has passed to regain the mojo. There's a lot of talent on that team not reaching it's potential.

Maybe that's what the guns were for.... Gilbert twitters:
"peeps, listen, at the Verizon Center. Got $111 Mil. Got a talented roster. I've got a lot of things, like more knee surgeries than I have knees. but I don't got wins. 30% wins. Can't take it. Leaving this life at halftime. Can you hear me now? -Agent Zero."

hater
01-02-2010, 01:51 AM
looks like they will blow the Wizards up. Many contenders are probably gonna get a few pieces. Hopefully Spurs can dig in

hater
01-02-2010, 01:52 AM

So you don't think teamates pulling guns on each other is a sign of bad team chemistry????

Spursfan 87
01-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Haywood :tu

hater
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Haywood :tu

disagree. Haywood does not bring anything that Blair/Dyess/Rattliff don't bring.

if Spurs can somehow grab Butler or Jamison.... just hand them the trophy

lennyalderette
01-02-2010, 02:11 AM
man i was just looking at haywoods numbers and that guy is pretty awesome hes second in the league in blocks and off rebounds per game!! he avg's a double double pretty much. that would be great to have, but i wonder what kinda locker room guy he is

lennyalderette
01-02-2010, 02:12 AM
does butler or jamison play defense? i think jamison is pure offense if i remember correctly

ynh
01-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Do I think it is a sign of bad team chemistry? Yea.. but it shows what many people thought and that Arenas is a punk. I don't think Arenas pulling a gun out on a teamate means you trade Butler, Jamison, and Haywood for filler.

You have 5 kids.. one of them beats the living crap out of another... doesn't mean you go and ground the other 3 kids that weren't in the fight. That's my point. If Arenas is the cancer (which seems apparent) it doesn't mean you give away your other good players.. and if you were the only way you do that is if a team is taking Arenas. So these trade ideas where you get Butler or Jamison or even Haywood for your scraps boggle my mind because there is no motivation for the wizards to do this.

Josh Howard pulls a gun on Jason Terry.. doesn't mean you trade Dirk for crap... Manu pulls a gun on Hill (which I have to throw this out there that i went to IUPUI with him) doesn't mean you try and trade Parker and Duncan.

Yes there is Chemistry problems.. but you don't solve the problem by getting rid of everything minus the person that is the problem.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 02:16 AM
...unless there is no way to get rid of the problem person, and with that 111mil contract, Gilbert ain't going nowhere. He also won't go to jail - at worst this will be plea bargained to a misdemeanor and community service. That's the way it goes for NBA players, sadly.

On the main point of this thread, if they are going to break up that team surely they'll be looking for young talent, high picks and expirings... we've got the latter, but neither of the former to warrant interest, except maybe George. Anyone giving up George/Bonner/Mason for Butler or Jamison? There goes a lot of our bench, but you'd have to think about it. And what if they want to throw in Crittendon? :lol

Nice to dream though...

FeZZy
01-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Gilbert ain't going nowhere. He also won't go to jail - at worst this will be plea bargained to a misdemeanor and community service. That's the way it goes for NBA players, sadly.

Remember plaxico burress? :rollin

ynh
01-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Ok.. Try and take it your way.. If they can't get ride of Gilbert and his 111 million contract why are they interested in expirings. They will never get the cap space with that contract to sign someone.

If he goes to jail they will more then likely be given the option to void his contract.

And they have a high draft pick coming.. their's

FeZZy
01-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I've wanted Brendan Haywood for some time...he's cheap and effective 6 mil on the last year of his contract :downspin:

How about

Matt Bonner, Roger Mason, and Finley for Brendan Haywood and Randy Foye

Washington get some cap relief and starts over while having the option to sign Mason in the summer and him to get back to the place where it all started while Matt Bonner can be effective on the open court and Washington ultimately saving 2.5 mil by waiving Finley.

San Antonio we get a real Center with and expiring contract and a promising young player in Randy Foye who would complete well as a combo guard

ynh
01-02-2010, 02:34 AM
There is no insentive to trade Brendan.. He is an expiring anyways so they wouldn't care about getting one back.. Foye, as part of a deal including Miller, they gave a top 5 draft pick up for.. They aren't going to trade two productive players on reasonable contracts for filler. And they definitly aren't going to trade Foye if they really have any interest in moving this team a long without Arenas.. breaking it up or not.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Remember plaxico burress? :rollin

Remember Jayson Williams?

Plaxico played football. Plenty of football players go to jail. Not many NBA players.

The only recent example of an NBA baller going to prison was JR Smith's 30 days. Registered sex offender Ruben Patterson didn't go to jail, nor Ron Artest for any of his acts, nor Jax, nor Damon Stoudamire for his many weed infractions. Stern has pull. :lol

ynh
01-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Plenty of football players don't too.. Ray lewis.. Of course more football players are going to go to jail.. their roster is about 6 times as big.. more players more trouble. A judge is not going to be biased towards if the guy plays in the NFL or the NBA.. and if they were to be wouldn't it be the other way around? NFL is the most popular sport in the US afterall.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Federal and DC detectives are all over this case. If he actually did pull a gun on Crittenton, he's probably going to get some jail time. However, the details of the case are really weird and lots of contradictory stories so far. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I don't think they are going to trade away all their other good players though.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 02:49 AM
In case anyone hasn't seen the latest ... http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4789650

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Plenty of football players don't too.. Ray lewis.. Of course more football players are going to go to jail.. their roster is about 6 times as big.. more players more trouble. A judge is not going to be biased towards if the guy plays in the NFL or the NBA.. and if they were to be wouldn't it be the other way around? NFL is the most popular sport in the US afterall.

It's not about the judge, it's about the prosecutor's office. NBA players, for some strange reason, seem to have special connections that keep them out of jail for egregious acts (see my last post).

Kori says the evidence is all over the place, so that means prosecutors plea bargaining it to get rid of it, or just dropping it altogether.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Kori says the evidence is all over the place, so that means prosecutors plea bargaining it to get rid of it, or just dropping it altogether.

No, I didn't mean the evidence. I said "stories" -- meaning stories/hearsay that is being reported is contradictory in terms of when it happened, etc. In terms of evidence, I don't even know if there is much evidence other than the three guns... I don't think anyone else was in the locker room when it happened.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 02:55 AM
In case anyone hasn't seen the latest ... http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4789650

"Multiple sources told ESPN.com that an argument commenced during a card game on the team's overnight flight back to Washington from Phoenix on Dec. 19 and escalated into a heated exchange between Arenas and Crittenton. The Wizards had Dec. 20 off, but sources say the hostilities resumed Dec. 21 in the locker room on a practice day.

Sources say that Arenas, in response to what was said on the flight, placed three guns he owns on a chair near Crittenton's locker stall and invited him to pick one before practice on Dec. 21. Sources said that Crittenton subsequently let Arenas know that he had his own gun. "

Having read that, which sounds far more likely than the two of them going gunslinger on each other, I bet Arenas ends up pleading guilty to possession outside of his home and gets a minimal sentence.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 02:56 AM
No, I didn't mean the evidence. I said "stories" -- meaning stories/hearsay that is being reported is contradictory in terms of when it happened, etc. In terms of evidence, I don't even know if there is much evidence other than the three guns... I don't think anyone else was in the locker room when it happened.

Gotcha. My bad, you did say "stories".

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 02:57 AM
"Multiple sources told ESPN.com that an argument commenced during a card game on the team's overnight flight back to Washington from Phoenix on Dec. 19 and escalated into a heated exchange between Arenas and Crittenton. The Wizards had Dec. 20 off, but sources say the hostilities resumed Dec. 21 in the locker room on a practice day.

Sources say that Arenas, in response to what was said on the flight, placed three guns he owns on a chair near Crittenton's locker stall and invited him to pick one before practice on Dec. 21. Sources said that Crittenton subsequently let Arenas know that he had his own gun. "

Having read that, which sounds far more likely than the two of them going gunslinger on each other, I bet Arenas ends up pleading guilty to possession outside of his home and gets a minimal sentence.

Well it wouldn't just be possession outside his home. The guns aren't registered in DC, and might have been purchased illegally.

I guess it depends on how much more comes out about it.

I'm guessing he'll get severely suspended though. It's against NBA rules for them to have a gun at the arena/practice facility/NBA events.

hater
01-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Federal and DC detectives are all over this case. If he actually did pull a gun on Crittenton, he's probably going to get some jail time. However, the details of the case are really weird and lots of contradictory stories so far. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I don't think they are going to trade away all their other good players though.

agree.

This is a FEDERAL matter in the nation's capital. Shit, Obama could have attended those games. If true. Arenas is FUCKED

ynh
01-02-2010, 03:06 AM
I saw your last post.. I still don't see your basis for an equal comparision that would alow you to say that NBA players get away with more then NFL players.. again 53 players on an NFL team, 15 on an NBA team. Logic says you are going to have more players in the NFL going to jail then the NBA. For every Jayson Williams I can give you a Ray Lewis.

hater
01-02-2010, 03:07 AM
BTW 2 thoughts:
1. How stupid can you be to bring a gun to a professional NBA team's games. how stupid????

2. In DC, word on the street is if they catch you with a gun they lock you up 3 years for each bullet they find in your possession.

ynh
01-02-2010, 03:09 AM
My question is when your salary is in the millions, why can't you pay up on a debt from a card game?

draft87
01-02-2010, 03:12 AM
BTW 2 thoughts:

2. In DC, word on the street is if they catch you with a gun they lock you up 3 years for each bullet they find in your possession.

Why don't we just check the law and sentencing guidelines?

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 03:13 AM
A lot of people are just bitches like that..it was also probably a huge debt..

I have people owe me money ALL THE TIME for gambling debts and loans..probably nowhere near this debt..and they're still late on payments or refuse to pay until it's under their own terms..these are friends too..some people are just annoying with money, and you learn a lesson when it comes to loans and gambling with them..

ynh
01-02-2010, 03:16 AM
lol you have a point Harlem.. I have a small credit card bill that I could pay off completely any time but don't feel like throwing the money at it cause I'd rather buy a video game.. It does always suck giving money to debts.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 03:16 AM
A lot of people are just bitches like that..it was also probably a huge debt...

I heard it was around $200K.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 03:39 AM
I heard it was around $200K.

wow, that is massive..

Crittenton is only making 1.4 mil a year..include taxes and fees, and it's a lot less..200K is A LOT of $ to this guy, so you can believe how serious it is..

I think it's going to turn out being a case of either Arenas being a bitch like I said earlier, or Arenas didn't take the bet seriously..

I played a hand of Texas hold 'em in my HS class a few years ago..we were playing small bets, 10-20$ at a time..it wasn't a huge thing..we had one last hand before the bell, and the ante went up to a $1000..I ended up winning the hand and I expected to be paid..the other person involved said he didn't think we were being serious since we went up that high, and he refused to pay me..I took it seriously though, and it led to a serious issue between us..I never got my money and we don't talk anymore..

200K is a ridiculous amount of $, especially to a guy that isn't making too much by NBA standards..luckily nobody was hurt by this from a physical standpoint..

Blackjack
01-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Figured this had already been posted...

A Modest Proposal for Washington
by Timothy Varner

The Spurs play the Wizards tomorrow night, and it’s hard to imagine two locker rooms with such antithetical reputations. The Wizards have been in meltdown mode all year, and this morning we learn that Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton recently pulled guns on one another over a gambling debt. You can find Washington’s official statement about the incident at, among other places, Truth About It.

My reaction to the story runs in a couple different directions. The first is to roll my eyes and wonder how some media outlets might paint the NBA through the filter of this unfortunate episode. From my perspective, MLB (steroids) and the NFL (rampant criminal activity) are far worse than the NBA in terms of character issues. That’s a gut assessment, not a scientific one, but contrary to popular opinion, the NBA’s players are more or less a decent group of guys. Ah, but popular opinion is king, right?

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/01/01/a-modest-proposal-for-washington/)

objective
01-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Arenas is the same guy who bet $20,000 (and won) against DeShawn Stevenson over who could hit more three pointers in 100 chances, Stevenson normally or Arenas one-handed from the college line. And that's just the one bet that made it out to public, the guy must be an action junkie.

Considering how he was acting in that bet's video footage to distract Stevenson, it wouldn't be a big shock if he was shirking paying up promptly on a bet he lost.

raspsa
01-02-2010, 04:23 AM
If Arenas gets jail time, surely that's basis for voiding his contract? ANy lawyers around?

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 04:31 AM
There's nothing in the rules about voiding a contract in this specific incident IIRC, but I would assume that any major punishment will have some kind of contract repercussions..I highly doubt Arenas goes to jail though..

If you're involved with the Wizards, do you want this to be true?..

I still don't believe the story though..

spurspokesman
01-02-2010, 09:38 AM
disagree. Haywood does not bring anything that Blair/Dyess/Rattliff don't bring.

if Spurs can somehow grab Butler or Jamison.... just hand them the trophy
Disagree. Haywood is on a different level. He actually is a big that plays big. Have you watched him lately. I'd take him in a heart beat

wijayas
01-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Well it wouldn't just be possession outside his home. The guns aren't registered in DC, and might have been purchased illegally.

I guess it depends on how much more comes out about it.

I'm guessing he'll get severely suspended though. It's against NBA rules for them to have a gun at the arena/practice facility/NBA events.

I read somewhere that the Wizards are actually aware of Arenas possessing the gun (from Arenas' own Twitter?)...

It is time the NBA clean up the acts. Super-star or No Super-star.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I read somewhere that the Wizards are actually aware of Arenas possessing the gun (from Arenas' own Twitter?)...

It is time the NBA clean up the acts. Super-star or No Super-star.

Yeah, they knew that he brought the guns (there were three of them). But it's against rules of the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement.

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-VI.php

Section 9. Firearms.
(a) Whenever a player is physically present at a facility or venue owned, operated, or being used by a Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, and whenever a player is traveling on any NBA-related business, whether on behalf of the player’s Team, the NBA, or any League-related entity, such player shall not possess a firearm of any kind. For purposes of the foregoing, “a facility or venue” includes, but is not limited to: an arena; a practice facility; a Team or League office or facility; an All-Star or NBA Playoff venue; and the site of a promotional or charitable appearance.

(b) Any violation of Section 9(a) above shall be considered conduct prejudicial to the NBA under Article 35(d) of the NBA Constitution and By-Laws, and shall therefore subject the player to discipline by the NBA in accordance with such Article.

pjjrfan
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
So I have some guns at my house, and my child is now in their terrible twos and having the guns around could pose a danger, what should I do? I know I'll take them to my work place and keep them there, I'll just let the boss know so it won't be a problem. This guy makes a ton of money, he can't buy a lock box,he can't find a friend or relative to keep them for him,he can't just sell them? I doubt any thing major comes out of this other than to put a stain on Arena's resume, but if he keeps scoring at a 20+ clip, it will all be forgotten in a couple of years and shouldn't affect his next big contract. Jarvis on the other hand may wind up in Europe, he isn't the talent Arenas is, and if the story is found to be true, who would want a gun toting maniac who can't put up 20 a night around?

raspsa
01-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Federal investigation and repercussions aside, you can expect Stern to come down hard on Arenas and Crittenton if both had guns in the lockerroom. Maybe suspensions for the rest of the season..

Mark in Austin
01-02-2010, 11:59 AM

It has been reported that the NBA has a zero tolerance policy on guns that would allow Wash to void Arenas' contract. If they did that and managed to dump Butler and Jamison (say by sending them to Hou for McGrady) they would only have about 14 million on the books for next year. They would be able to get a mulligan on a team that was assembled to compete for a ring but never went anywhere and was over the cap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Y'all are funny thinking they will blow up the team. They will get rid of the catalyst (Crittendon) and move on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2010, 12:42 PM
So I have some guns at my house, and my child is now in their terrible twos and having the guns around could pose a danger, what should I do? I know I'll take them to my work place and keep them there, I'll just let the boss know so it won't be a problem.

Pjjrfan - Seriously? Put them up high (on a closet shelf or something). You can also buy gun locks, and just keep the keys hidden or out of reach.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-90TRISPT-Keyed-Alike-Trigger/dp/B0009V1WNO

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
agree.

This is a FEDERAL matter in the nation's capital. Shit, Obama could have attended those games. If true. Arenas is FUCKED

How is it a federal matter? The only issue would be with the District of Columbia's hyper-liberal gun laws. I guess they could go after him on the registration of the firearms issue, but the NRA and other gun-friendly associations are just waiting for D.C. to try and give someone jail time for that so they can take it to the Supreme Court.

gospursgojas
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Did I miss where it said arenas is the one who owed money?

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Did I miss where it said arenas is the one who owed money?

In a New York Post article, it said Crittenton got pissed off at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt.

senorglory
01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Why don't we just check the law and sentencing guidelines?

Check out the big brain on Brad.

gm5k
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
How is it a federal matter? The only issue would be with the District of Columbia's hyper-liberal gun laws. I guess they could go after him on the registration of the firearms issue, but the NRA and other gun-friendly associations are just waiting for D.C. to try and give someone jail time for that so they can take it to the Supreme Court.

brandishing a gun at someone in DC(whether you fired the gun or not) is considered assault and has an automatic 5 year sentence in jail. I doubt they'd be able to prove he really did it, though.

senorglory
01-02-2010, 01:21 PM
It has been reported that the NBA has a zero tolerance policy on gums that would allow Wash to void Arenas' contract. If they did that and managed to dump Butler and Jamison (say by sending them to Hou for McGrady) they would only have about 14 million on the books for next year. They would be able to get a mulligan on a team that was assembled to compete for a ring but never went anywhere and was over the cap.

I think conviction for a felony is the trigger.

senorglory
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Looks to me like the Spurs will be covering the spread tonight.

ElNono
01-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Distractions on the opposing team? I'll take them...

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Looks to me like the Spurs will be covering the spread tonight.

Trap game.

raspsa
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
If its true the Wizards knew Arenas had brought guns to the stadium but failed to report it, the Grunfeld is going to face some harsh sanctions.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks for screwing my DL II team, Arenas you nutcase. :ihit

exstatic
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Remember Jayson Williams?

Plaxico played football. Plenty of football players go to jail. Not many NBA players.

The only recent example of an NBA baller going to prison was JR Smith's 30 days. Registered sex offender Ruben Patterson didn't go to jail, nor Ron Artest for any of his acts, nor Jax, nor Damon Stoudamire for his many weed infractions. Stern has pull. :lol

Jayson's case isn't resolved, and I heard recently that it's active again.

raspsa
01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Delonte West's case is probably just as serious. He was carrying multiple guns around in public and they wer loaded. No developments IIRC.

rascal
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM

You have very good logic throughout this thread.

SenorSpur
01-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Arenas is truly an immature dumbass. His childish actions never cease to amaze me - but this has gone too far. His defiant comments to the media following the Spurs game, seem to indicate a lack of remorse about this incident. In fact, this dude seems hell-bent on proving to the world that he's going to continue to laugh and joke about the situation, no matter what.

Personally, I hope he gets convicted and his multi-million dollar contract gets voided. This guy need to be taught a valuable life lesson. Perhaps some jail time will give this nutcase the time needed to contemplate how serious this charge really was and what a charmed life he has.

Of course, I'd hate to see thw Bullets (Wizards) get an out on this. I still can't believe they were dumb enough to give Arenas a max contract in the first place. I remember the club seemingly regretted the decision almost immediately, because they unsuccessfully shopped Arenas the following summer.

senorglory
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Ian Thomsen over at cnnsi.com: Look at it another way: Players ultimately face a "lifetime" ban for using cocaine and other recreational drugs. But the potential consequences of that crime are less incendiary than an escalation of an argument involving guns. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/01/04/arenas.crittenton/index.html?eref=sihp)

Probably a good point, with the caveat that the drug prohibition is ridiculous and out of control, and there's no rational basis for banning an NBA player for coke; still, if the NBA has that rule, hard to go light on a gun violation.

Ryvin1
01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
On the espn radio this morning they said Crittenton stepped up on the charter plane and covered Arenas' poker loss that happened during the flight, which they said was 60k. Crittenton expected to get paid back and when Arenas was confronted about paying him back Arenas put 3 unloaded guns in front of Crittenton's locker and told him to pick one.

I think Arenas makes about 18million this yeah and Crittenton makes around 1.5mil why screw with someone who does you a big favor? No idea if it happened like that but sounds all messed up.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
He was just kidding though...you know how us normal people do that when playfully arguing over a gambling debt.
Just "guys" being "guys"

urunobili
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
the mailman on the issue...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/05/karl.malone.arenas/index.html?eref=sihp

blkroadrunners
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
The whole incident is a big mess.

senorglory
01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
the mailman on the issue...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/05/karl.malone.arenas/index.html?eref=sihp

Karl is a funny guy. and by 'funny,' I mean a blow hard hypocrite. Same article:

When I was in Utah, I took all the necessary training with the gun and had my concealed-weapons permit, and I'll be the first to tell you I don't go anywhere in my vehicle without my weapon, but at no point has it ever occurred to me to take it inside anywhere, let alone an arena.

The big picture is that guns won't protect you. If someone really wanted to get you, they would. If you still feel you need that protection, get yourself a bodyguard who knows the rules and knows the laws. How about you do all of that before you even consider having a gun? For you to say you need a gun for your protection? My goodness gracious, how are you living that you need that?

blkroadrunners
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Yea, I didn't understand that neither from Malone.

Truckules
01-05-2010, 04:14 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/663/mexicanstandoff.png

FeZZy
01-05-2010, 09:20 PM

:lmao

jimo2305
01-05-2010, 09:31 PM

http://www.rofljock.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gilbertgun.png

lefty
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
At 1st, I misread the title of this thread:

" Arenas pulls groin in locker room "

blkroadrunners
01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Gilbert Arenas suspended indefinitely w/o pay.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/01/06/arenas.suspension/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

senorglory
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Gilbert Arenas suspended indefinitely w/o pay.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/01/06/arenas.suspension/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

David Stern statement on Arenas suspension

By Official Release
Posted Jan 6 2010 4:05PM

NEW YORK, Jan. 6, 2010 -- National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern issued the following statement today:

"The possession of firearms by an NBA player in an NBA arena is a matter of the utmost concern to us. I initially thought it prudent to refrain from taking immediate action because of the pendency of a criminal investigation involving the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia and the Metropolitan Police Department, and the consideration of this matter by a grand jury sitting in the District of Columbia. For the same reason, I directed the Wizards to refrain from taking any action.

Wizards personnel continue to be interviewed by law enforcement authorities, some are scheduled for appearance before the grand jury and the investigation is proceeding with the intensity that one would expect for such a serious incident.

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game. Accordingly, I am suspending Mr. Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."

senorglory
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100106/capt.22a0def0dd9e45ba9b6b404c5d7ba071.wizards_76er s_basketball_pxc115.jpg
Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas(notes) yells to the crowd as he walks off the court after an NBA basketball game against the Philadelphia 76ers, Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, in Philadelphia. Washington won 104-97.

What is the "ongoing conduct" which prompts Stern to label Arenas unfit to play? Anyone see the Wiz - Sixers game, where Arenas got into it with the crowd abit (above)? Has he lost all composure? His recent twitter posts are near nonsensical.

Spurs Brazil
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0105/life_g_arenas01_576.jpg

Imaginary guns, real issues
January, 6, 2010 Jan 61:19PM ETComment Email Print Share By J.A. Adande

Gilbert Arenas didn't help his case with David Stern when he formed play guns with his thumbs and index fingers and fired away during the Wizards' pregame introductions in Philadelphia Tuesday night, as captured in this picture. Clearly his teammates were in on the joke, as they're all laughing. But they're not the ones who will have to face Stern's wrath for violating his ban on guns in NBA territory.

And Stern takes everything into consideration, even pregame routines. Remember when Matt Barnes performed a weapons-check patting down of Stephen Jackson during the Golden State Warriors 2007 playoff games, six months after Jackson fired a gun outside an Indianapolis strip club? That came to a halt after Stern sent word to knock it off.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/j-a-adande

senorglory
01-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Wizards' statement on Arenas suspension

"We fully endorse the decision of the NBA to indefinitely suspend Gilbert Arenas. Strictly legal issues aside, Gilbert's recent behavior and statements, including his actions and statements last night in Philadelphia, are unacceptable. Some of our other players appeared to find Gilbert's behavior in Philadelphia amusing. This is also unacceptable. Under Abe Pollin's leadership, our organization never tolerated such behavior, and we have no intention of ever doing so."

Ernie Grunfeld, President, Washington Wizards
Irene Pollin, Principal Owner, Washington Sports and Entertainment (WSE)
Robert Pollin, Chief Executive Officer, WSE
James Pollin, President, WSE

pjjrfan
01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Vato pendejo!!!!

senorglory
01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Arenas via twitter:
"I know everybody seen the pre game pics..my teammate thought to break the tention we should do that..but this is gettn way to much," he wrote, adding a few minutes later, "I wanna say sorry if I pissed any body off by us havin fun...I'm sorry for anything u need to blame for for right now."

hsxvvd
01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Fabs looks to be one of those in the pic that found it amusing.

FeZZy
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/chris_mannix/01/05/wizards.arenas/index.html

The real reason for this thread..Wizards selling and we should buy

SenorSpur
01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I can see Stern's head exploding over these pictures. Big ups to the commish for suspending this fool. Next stop, void the contract.

The words "dumb-ass" simply aren't enough to describe this childish, young, punk.

senorglory
01-07-2010, 03:02 AM
Wizards' Arenas suspended indefinitely as new details emerge in gun incident

By Mike Wise
Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/06/AR2010010605167_3.html?hpid=artslot) Staff Writer
Thursday, January 7, 2010;

National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern suspended Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas indefinitely without pay Wednesday, saying a gun incident in the Wizards' locker room last month and Arenas's behavior since had led him to conclude "that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game."

Stern's action, announced in a scathing statement issued from his office in New York, cast into doubt the future career of one of Washington's most colorful athletes who once delighted fans with his all-star play but has been seeking to regain his form this year after missing most of the past two seasons with a knee injury.

It also came as new details emerged about the locker-room confrontation between Arenas and Javaris Crittenton, a Wizards teammate, on Dec. 21 that suggest a potentially far more volatile incident than was originally reported by Arenas to team officials.

The two players had been arguing during a card game on the Wizards' flight back from Phoenix Dec. 19, and the dispute spilled into the team locker room at Verizon Center before practice two days later. Arenas has acknowledged bringing his handguns to the arena and displaying them in the locker room that morning in what he maintained was a playful gesture aimed at his teammate.

According to two first-hand accounts of the confrontation, Crittenton responded to Arenas's action -- which included laying the four unloaded weapons in Crittenton's cubicle with a note that read, "Pick One" -- by brandishing his own firearm, loading the gun and chambering a round.

Two of the five people in the room that morning, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Arenas had originally not disclosed Crittenton's action to protect the little-used guard from prosecution and had told Crittenton he would assume full responsibility for the actions of both players that day.

In a two-hour interview with police and federal prosecutors Monday, Arenas, in his version of the story, spoke of Crittenton's loaded gun, a person with knowledge of Arenas's testimony said.

Mark Bartlestein, Crittenton's agent, declined to comment. Crittenton, in a series of text messages responding to a request for comment, said the account provided by the witnesses was "false."

"I have done nothing wrong. Let the investigation process take its course and you will see that," he said. "My name is dying in this situation."

Crittenton has been injured all season and has yet to play in a game. Arenas signed a six-year, $111 million contract in July 2008, $80 million of which remains after this season.

Neither the NBA nor the Wizards would comment Wednesday on the depth of Crittenton's involvement. But officials from both the team and the league, speaking on condition of anonymity, said they had heard the version of the story told by people who witnessed the altercation.

"We still don't know all the details yet," a senior Wizards official said. "That's just one version of the story we heard."

A source familiar with Monday's meeting between Arenas and police and prosecutors said that prosecutors agreed to only use Arenas's statements as part of their investigation, not as direct evidence to be presented to the grand jury or to be used during a trial or hearing. Also, Arenas told prosecutors Monday that he would be willing to meet with them again or appear before a grand jury in the coming days if they requested.

Prosecutors began presenting evidence to a D.C. Superior Court grand jury in the case Tuesday. The case is still being investigated by the police and the league, which has yet to interview all players involved. D.C. police declined to comment.
A 'respected' decision

Arenas, reached by telephone in his Cleveland hotel room, where he watched the Wizards lose to the Cavaliers on Wednesday night, said he "respected" Stern's decision to suspend him.

"He is the same man who put me on my second all-star team after I got snubbed by the coaches," Arenas added. "That decision came down for me. He made a tougher decision today that went against me. And I have to accept it."

In his statement, Stern held out the prospect of a prolonged suspension for Arenas, who turned 28 Wednesday.

"The possession of firearms by an NBA player in an NBA arena is a matter of the utmost concern to us," Stern said. "Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game."

Stern, who originally had said through the league that he would wait until the police investigation concluded before taking action, decided to act after Arenas playfully formed his hands into pistols and pretended he was shooting his teammates as the Wizards huddled courtside before their game against the 76ers in Philadelphia on Tuesday night.

The Wizards issued a statement supporting the commissioner's move. "Strictly legal issues aside, Gilbert's recent behavior and statements, including his actions and statements last night in Philadelphia, are unacceptable," said the team's statement, which was signed by team President Ernie Grunfeld; Irene Pollin, the widow of late owner Abe Pollin; and their two sons. "Some of our other players appeared to find Gilbert's behavior in Philadelphia amusing. This is also unacceptable."

Arenas has maintained that he brought the four guns to Verizon Center and put them in a locked container to get them out of his Virginia home following the birth of his third child Dec. 9. They were taken by arena security after the incident.

Crittenton's gun, according to the witnesses of the altercation, was never found. Both witness accounts said they were unclear how the gun was disposed of.

Preston Burton, a defense attorney and former assistant U.S. attorney in the District, said it would be difficult to build a criminal case against Crittenton based on the scenario described by the witnesses. He said prosecutors would look at factors, including whether they could prove Crittenton had a weapon, and whether the gun was real.

"It's going to be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to make a case without a gun," Burton said.
'Not the hoodlum'

In the telephone interview, Arenas hoped he could soon meet with Stern.

"That's not so I can ask him to reinstate me right now," Arenas said. "I just want to remind him of who I am. I'm the kid who jumped off the trampoline at the all-star game, the kid who throws his jersey to people in the stands. I'm not the hoodlum that's being written and talked about right now.

"I'm sorry for my teammates, the city of Washington, the memory of Mr. Pollin and his family, and all my fans that support me and the game of basketball. I mean that. This shouldn't have happened. It shouldn't have got this far. I know that."

The dispute between Arenas and Crittenton began on the team plane during a popular card game between players called "Boo-ray." Crittenton lost roughly $1,100 to JaVale McGee, a Wizards center, in the game, according to a player who watched the game and who also spoke on condition of anonymity. Crittenton, already angry over a dispute over the game's rules, became irate when Arenas began needling him.

Their barbs escalated to a point where Arenas, smiling, said he would blow up Crittenton's car, according to two players on the flight, who requested anonymity. Crittenton replied that he would shoot Arenas in his surgically repaired knee.

Walking into the locker room two days after the dispute on the team plane, according to two witnesses, Arenas laid out the guns in Crittenton's locker. Two other teammates eventually sauntered in and, while Arenas was writing the note in front of Crittenton's cubicle, in walked Crittenton, according to their account.

Asking Arenas what he was doing, Arenas replied, "If you want to shoot me, I'd just thought I'd make it easy for you." As other teammates laughed, Crittenton crumpled up the paper, tossed one of Arenas's guns across the room, where it bounced in front of a team trainer, and said he didn't need any of Arenas's firearms because he had his own, according to the witness accounts.

Crittenton then drew his weapon, loaded it and chambered a round, the witnesses said.

Neither witness said the gun was ever pointed at Arenas, but both said Crittenton began singing as he held the gun.

Arenas began laughing, the witnesses said, telling Crittenton, "Look at that little shiny gun," as two other players slowly retreated to the training room.

Arenas eventually followed. By the time the players came back out, Crittenton was gone.

It was unclear Wednesday when Arenas's suspension might be lifted.

An NBA official said equating Arenas's indefinite suspension as a precursor to a lifetime ban for Arenas would not be accurate, especially given the fact that Arenas has yet to be charged in the case.

Arenas, who was told by his attorneys not to comment directly on the details of the case, said, "I'm sorry for what happened and how people took that."

"The gun charge, I'm taking serious," he said in the interview. "The media painting a picture of me, casting me as someone I'm not, that's what I reacted to. I'm reacting to what people are saying about me not the seriousness of the situation."

Staff writers Maria Glod, Keith L. Alexander and Michael Lee in Cleveland contributed to this report.

senorglory
01-07-2010, 03:07 AM
According to two first-hand accounts of the confrontation, Crittenton responded to Arenas's action -- which included laying the four unloaded weapons in Crittenton's cubicle with a note that read, "Pick One" -- by brandishing his own firearm, loading the gun and chambering a round.

Kori Ellis
01-07-2010, 03:16 AM
The dispute between Arenas and Crittenton began on the team plane during a popular card game between players called "Boo-ray." Crittenton lost roughly $1,100 to JaVale McGee, a Wizards center, in the game, according to a player who watched the game and who also spoke on condition of anonymity. Crittenton, already angry over a dispute over the game's rules, became irate when Arenas began needling him.

It's funny to me how much this part of the story changed. In the beginning, it was rumored the money was upwards of $100K. Then it was $60K that Crittenton paid McGee on Arenas' behalf. Now, it's all the way down to $1,100 that Crittenton lost to McGee.

As for the rest of it, I'm sure they are going to investigate a lot more about Crittenton's gun now since two witnesses (other than Arenas) saw it.

raspsa
01-07-2010, 05:04 AM
I hope the Wiz find a way to cancel his contract and rebuild. He needs to be made a lesson of.

jimo2305
01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
people do need to realize the pregame gimmick was really not a big deal..

you get too caughtup in what's PC or not..

bottomline is.. nobody got hurt.. gilbert's punishment was justified.. bringing real guns to the facility is not a joke.. i wouldn't appreciate it if anyone brought a real gun into my workplace as a joke.. not cool.. but at the same time.. it's stupid to fire someone 2 days later for making fun of the situation about the guns.. some ppl act like gilbert doesn't regret the issue.. he does.. he was just trying to ease the tension..

senorglory
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
January 8, 2010
Arenas Image Is Pulled; Questions Are Raised
By KEN BELSON
NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/sports/basketball/08photo.html?ref=sports)

As professional sports leagues have moved deeper into the information media business — starting blogs, Web sites and television networks — they have taken on the look and feel of outlets run by fans and private news media outlets.

But the leagues sometimes have their own self-interests in mind, something that was apparent on Wednesday when the N.B.A. made unavailable a picture of Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards, who was joking with his teammates by shooting them with his fingers pointed like guns.

Arenas made the gesture at a game Tuesday to poke fun at his decision to bring several guns into the Wizards’ locker room two weeks ago. The N.B.A. saw no humor in it and suspended Arenas without pay on Wednesday, even before the police completed their investigation into the original gun episode.

Even before the suspension was announced, the N.B.A. asked Getty Images, which distributes photos taken by the league’s photographers, to make the picture of Arenas and his teammates unavailable for reproduction. The photo had been available for many hours and was already posted on some Web sites, including ESPN’s home page.

Over the next few hours, news outlets called Getty Images, asking where the photo went. Getty called the N.B.A., which agreed to make it available again.

The photo “was taken down because we thought the actions depicted in the photo were insensitive given the circumstances,” Tim Frank, an N.B.A. spokesman, said in a statement. “Upon the request of news organizations, we made the photo available for their editorial use and it will remain available.”

The photo’s disappearance, though, raised fresh questions about the continuing efforts of the N.B.A. and other professional leagues to control their images. Sports leagues are in a never-ending battle to muzzle new technology that gives fans and news media greater access and the potential to earn money by, say, selling advertisements on blogs.

In recent years, sports leagues have prohibited fans from posting television footage on their Web sites, blocked players from using Twitter during games, and limited how photographs and audio and video clips can be posted on Web sites.

At the same time, leagues have tried to co-opt their opponents by using the same technology themselves. In doing so, they have blurred the lines — at least to many fans — among legitimate news organizations and those that look and feel like news organizations but are actually public relations vehicles for the sports.

The N.B.A., for instance, runs NBAE, which hires photographers to take pictures at its games. The league hired Getty Images to distribute NBAE’s photos, including the one in which Arenas was caught joking with his teammates.

Other than the credit, which reads “NBAE, via Getty Images,” the photo looks like one taken by a news agency. But the N.B.A.’s contract with Getty Images means that “it was their photographer and they own the copyright,” said Bridget Russel, a spokeswoman for Getty Images. “It’s their right to pull the image.”

Russel said it was rare for the league to request that a photo be removed suddenly. Getty Images, which also has photographers who operate like those from newspapers and other editorial organizations, distributes photographs for other sports organizations, including Major League Baseball, the P.G.A. and FIFA. The Associated Press distributes the N.F.L.’s photos.

No other news agency appears to have taken a similar photo. There is also apparently no video footage of Arenas joking with his teammates, according to Comcast SportsNet, which broadcast the game in Philadelphia. Mark Mandel, a spokesman for ESPN, said his network would have used the footage if it was available.

No one disputes the N.B.A.’s right to do what it likes with its own photographs. But the league’s efforts to bury images that it deems damaging raises deeper questions about whether sporting events are in the public domain or private events that the public are allowed to watch under only certain conditions.

“To the extent sports leagues are insinuating themselves into a media role, it leads to a measure of public confusion about who’s in control here,” said Paul Alan Levy, the head of the litigation group at Public Citizen, a nonprofit consumer advocacy group. “What this case reminds us is that if the leagues gain a right to control, they’re going to abuse it.”

Sports leagues are likely to become more prescriptive about what images can and cannot be used from its games, according to Cindy Cohn, the legal director at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a nonprofit group focused on digital rights. To fans, that may take the form of more restrictions listed on the backs of their tickets. This is likely to lead to more tension between the league, its fans and the news media.

“There’s a fundamental disconnect between fans who consider teams part of their culture, history and town, and the owners of the teams that view them as their private property,” Cohn said. “One saving grace is that they do care about their image and they don’t want to look like jack-booted thugs. But free speech is important.”

Howard Beck contributed reporting.

senorglory
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
“Upon the request of news organizations, we made the photo available for their editorial use and it will remain available.”

HaHa, fair use, corporate mofo.

senorglory
01-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Posted: Monday January 25, 2010 2:02PM; Updated: Monday January 25, 2010 7:00PM
Crittenton pleads guilty to gun charge, gets probation

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/25/crittenton.gun.charges.ap/index.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Washington Wizards guard Javaris Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge Monday, explaining he had a pistol because he feared teammate Gilbert Arenas would shoot him or blow up his car after the two argued over a card game.

The hearing marked the first time authorities confirmed Crittenton was the other player involved in the confrontation with Arenas, who pleaded guilty Jan. 15 to a felony gun charge.

D.C. Superior Court Senior Judge Bruce Beaudin sentenced Crittenton, 22, to a year of unsupervised probation after Crittenton pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of an unregistered firearm. Beaudin ordered Crittenton to mentor young people in Washington and to help with relief efforts for Haiti.

Beaudin didn't order a specific amount of community service but said his lawyer must report regularly on the work.

Crittenton must also pay a $1,000 fine and $250 into a victims' fund.

"I accept full responsibility for my bad judgment, my terrible mistake," Crittenton, who appeared in court wearing a gray suit and glasses, told the judge as he entered the plea. "I'm deeply sorry to the city of Washington, to the Wizards, to my family and to the NBA for this embarrassment."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Chris Kavanaugh said the two players first clashed Dec. 19 over a card game on a team flight back from a game in Phoenix. Arenas said he was too old for a fistfight and threatened to shoot Crittenton in the face, and Crittenton replied he would shoot Arenas in his surgically repaired knee, Kavanaugh said.

Later, Arenas said he would blow up or burn Crittenton's car, Kavanaugh said.

Two days later, Crittenton put his legally owned, unloaded handgun into his backpack before he left his apartment in Arlington, Va., for practice at the Verizon Center, Kavanaugh said.

Crittenton put the backpack in his locker and went to see team trainers, Kavanaugh said. When he returned he saw several guns -- Crittenton's lawyer said there were three, not four, as previously reported -- on a chair in front of his locker with a sign saying, "Pick 1."

Crittenton tossed one of the guns on the floor and told Arenas to get the weapons off the chair. Then, fearing for his safety, Crittenton took the handgun out of his backpack and showed it to Arenas, Kavanaugh said.

However, Kavanaugh said there is no evidence Crittenton ever threatened anyone with the gun.

Prosecutors said Arenas told Crittenton: "You are going to need more than that little gun."

Kavanaugh said Crittenton voluntarily surrendered his gun to authorities. Police had searched his apartment Jan. 14 but didn't find it.

Crittenton's lawyer, Peter H. White, said his client was scared of Arenas. He emphasized that Crittenton, in his third year in the NBA, did not have the stature on the team that Arenas enjoyed.

White said that after Crittenton tossed one of Arenas' guns on the floor, Arenas said: "If I'm giving you these three guns, imagine what I have in my car."

Arenas has said repeatedly that the situation was a misguided attempt at a joke and that he never intended to hurt anybody.

White told reporters after the hearing that Crittenton wouldn't make any more statements because he is scheduled to meet with NBA officials Tuesday.

Crittenton faces a suspension or fine from the NBA because possession of a gun at an NBA arena is a violation of the league's collective bargaining agreement.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league had no immediate comment on Crittenton's plea.

The Wizards said in a statement Monday that Crittenton used "very bad judgment."

"The charges filed today against Javaris Crittenton and his subsequent plea represent another disappointing development in what has already been a long and frustrating process for the team, the NBA and, most importantly, our fans," the team said.

A spokeswoman for Arenas' lawyer declined to comment on Crittenton's plea. Arenas, who is in the second season of a six-year, $111 million contract and has been suspended indefinitely by the NBA, is scheduled to be sentenced March 26.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

HarlemHeat37
01-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Can somebody please plant in a gun in Richard Jefferson's locker room?!..I'll supply the gun if somebody is willing to do it..we need the void to make up for the FO's mistakes..

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Can somebody please plant in a gun in Richard Jefferson's locker room?!..I'll supply the gun if somebody is willing to do it..we need the void to make up for the FO's mistakes..
I would rather someone put it in Pop's locker.