PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Question

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
I was watching the Suns and the Grizz last night, and I was continually surprised at Memphis' continuous willingness to double team or cheat over on whoever had the ball, allowing wide open jump shooters. I swear they weren't within ten feet of any of the shooters and had three or four guys chasing Steve Nash into the paint on every play. Do these guys realize who they are playing?

I can understand making a decision to double a good post player, but when you are playing against the best three-point shooting team in the league, don't you try to stay at home? How many layups can they shoot? The only reason it bugs me is because Memphis actually had a chance to stay close in that game if they would have presented the slightest challenge to the shooters.

Crafty One
04-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Nash ws there prime concern, but they forgot about Q-Rich and The Matrix
(26 pts, 13 reb). New plan Fratello?? They stoped stodemire but gave STEVEN HUNTER 16 pts 5 reb while Amare had 10 rbs too. But didnt dominate the paint.
JJ had a few wide open looks and he knocke down most of em. Joe Fohnson playe good also. :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Obstructed_View
04-26-2005, 01:13 AM
I think I'd rather save the double teams for Amare, wear Nash out letting him shoot layups and try to put a hand in the shooters face. That's with my extensive NBA coaching experience. :)