PDA

View Full Version : Kobe does it again. Are you suprised?

PGDynasty24
01-02-2010, 01:07 AM
ARe you?

IronMexican
01-02-2010, 01:08 AM
:)

timtonymanu
saw it coming a mile away. Lakers down 2. Kobe's gonna shoot a 3! And he makes it.

AussieFanKurt
no
what a stupid thread

TheNextGen
amazing...

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:09 AM
-His stats show that he misses a lot more clutch shots than he makes..
-He was clearly out of bounds, not arguable..any other team gets that call against them..
-I don't remember correctly, but he might have traveled on the last play too..he probably didn't, I'm just saying I don't remember..irrelevant though, see #2..

NickiRasgo
01-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Not a quality win for the Lakers.

benefactor
01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd much rather have Carmelo taking the last shot.

sexinthatsx
i personally think kobe's foot was on the line. The refs even expressed uncertainty before making the final decision

PGDynasty24
A win is a win. How many effing buzzer beaters has he had this year?

Come_On_Now
Looks like he shoved the dude on him before the ball was inbounded too. Whatever, the Queens are pathetic; youth shouldn't be an excuse TWICE to the same damn team. :bang

BadOdor
01-02-2010, 01:12 AM
spur fan staying late just to watch kobe make another winning 3-pointer....

life just ain't fair.

iggypop123
well at least it saved the forum from another lmao thread

redzero
Well fuck...

Tacker
01-02-2010, 01:15 AM
no
what a stupid thread

Rage?

Man In Black
01-02-2010, 01:15 AM
No...I'm not surprised that time and again, he gets away with a blatant shoulder and elbow push-off to get clearance for the shot. Rodriguez had to scramble 10 feet in an attempt to defend.

It also looks like his heel touched the line but hey...hometown rules. Unless of course, you're the Spurs in the playoffs, then the NBA brings in their own goons to run the time and scoreboards.

But having said that, it was a nice shot. Oh and Udoka...Choke, you had a chance and you let them off the hook.
Part 2, Hey Westphal, did you see that Hawes had a breakaway on that out of bounds play before you called a timeout? I'm just saying.

IronMexican
01-02-2010, 01:17 AM
It is worrying how much the Lakers struggled with Sacto tonight. Dallas this Sunday should be an interesting game. I don't care how the Lakers do against teams like tonight so much. I am mostly worried about the other big 5(Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas, Denver).

Chillen
Why the f**k do the Lakers have to struggle to beat the Sacramento Kings by a point with players like Bryant, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum. Sure Kobe is clutch but if I am a Lakers fan I am concerned by the close margin against a so/so ballclub.

BadOdor
It is worrying how much the Lakers struggled with Sacto tonight. Dallas this Sunday should be an interesting game. I don't care how the Lakers do against teams like tonight so much. I am mostly worried about the other big 5(Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Dallas, Denver).

We need artest back...

DMX7
01-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Video??

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:19 AM
So can Laker fans explain to me why Kobe's clutch shooting % sucks in comparison to so many other star players?..

I know stats aren't kind to Kobe, but I just want to know..

TheNextGen
Why the f**k do the Lakers have to struggle to beat the Sacramento Kings by a point with players like Bryant, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum. Sure Kobe is clutch but if I am a Lakers fan I am concerned by the close margin against a so/so ballclub.

Sacramento is a good ball club...YOU out of every team should know that. LOL

TheNextGen
So can Laker fans explain to me why Kobe's clutch shooting % sucks in comparison to so many other star players?..

dude just STFU

Medvedenko
01-02-2010, 01:21 AM

He was 1/1 tonight. That's all I need to know jerkoff.

DAF86
01-02-2010, 01:21 AM
He's clutch but he isn't the most clutch, he just takes a lot of chances, misses most of them but of course the mades are more memorables, besides he wouldn't have needed to hit a three if he would have made those two FT he missed in the last minutes of the 4th quarter.

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:22 AM

the stats say hawes was a -3 and fisher +7. stats are useless

DAF86
01-02-2010, 01:22 AM
He was 1/1 tonight. That's all I need to know jerkoff.

That's not true. He had some misses late in the game, including two consecutive FT's.

j.dizzle
01-02-2010, 01:23 AM
his foot wasnt on the line..Half of the kings coaches were looking down at his feet & didnt even complain:toast

ElNono
Actually, props for getting the shot in time... But he should be sending a thank you postcard to Udoka...

DAF86
the stats say hawes was a -3 and fisher +7. stats are useless

That's a different kind of stat.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL wait..so Laker fans arguments are..

-One guy telling me to STFU..
-One guy calling me a jerkoff..
-One guy using +/- for one game to dismiss the impact of all stats..

what a surprise..

Kobe benefits from entertainment and memorable moments..he's a great player, top 10 all-time, but his legacy comes from the media more than it does from his actual accolades..

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
01-02-2010, 01:24 AM
-He was clearly out of bounds, not arguable..any other team gets that call against them..

Well coach Westphal had a good look at it and he didn't complain. Just walk straight to the locker room after he made that shot.

Now my first thought was that ChrisRichards was going to say something about his stat, but I'm not surprised it was you either.

Man In Black
01-02-2010, 01:25 AM
The result is official, but is there an overhead angle of the shot itself?
Just want to see DEFINITIVELY if the refs didn't see his heels on the replay. Again, hell of a shot, but it looked as if he was out of bounds.

Medvedenko
That's not true. He had some misses late in the game, including two consecutive FT's.

Reading comprehension is key....1/1 on game winning shots.

Oh, and for all of you stat nerds and zealots...Kobe has more game winning shots than MJ.....OMG, LOL.

Man In Black
Just want to see DEFINITIVELY if the refs didn't see his heels on the replay. Again, hell of a shot, but it looked as if he was out of bounds.

TheNextGen
01-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Well coach Westphal had a good look at it and he didn't complain. Just walk straight to the locker room after he made that shot.

Now my first thought was that ChrisRichards was going to say something about his stat, but I'm not surprised it was you either.

cuz they are all the same guys

IronMexican

Oh, and for all of you stat nerds and zealots...Kobe has more game winning shots than MJ.....OMG, LOL.

He's an argie brah. They come here and shit on our natural language by speaking that shit all bootleg.

PGDynasty24
kings could've put them away,no1 to blame but themselves

DAF86
01-02-2010, 01:27 AM

But the "clutch" stat doesn't take in consideration game winning shots only, I think it's the last 4 or 3 minutes of a game with neither team winning for more than 3 points.

Killakobe81
Who actually still believes Kobe is not the guy you want taking a last shot? Fine, i understand that melo wade lebron whomever have better STATS in 5 mins or less blah blah blah ...this dude has hit like 4 game winners this season alone ... with 5 seconds or less I want Kobe THAT is clutch ....case closed ...still the best Lebron Wade melo dirk duncan can argue over 2nd place ...
Kobe is the best at lastsecond shots ...

iggypop123

i dont even think espn uses skycam, however i dont think refs are allowed to review stuff like feet on the outside line. i think its only stuff like shot clock and 3 point line. otherwise they would allow people to review fouls, and i think thats something they want to do without

ElNono
01-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Misses both FT to put the game away. Chokes at Staples again.

Discuss. :hat

DAF86
01-02-2010, 01:28 AM
He's an argie brah. They come here and shit on our natural language by speaking that shit all bootleg.

lol Sanchezzzzzzzzzzzz girlfriend is funny.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 01:29 AM
And i defy anyone stat nerds etc to make a case for GAME WINNERS with ANYONE else since Mj ...

cobbler
01-02-2010, 01:29 AM

Because he takes a lot more of them. It's not rocket science. Go pick up a statistics book.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Dirk has hit at least 2 that i recall ...

cobbler

same person

DAF86
No, pretty much what I expected.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I called it in the thread as well..

I take blame for it, I gave him a compliment..

ElNono
Who actually still believes Kopbe is not the guy you want taking a last shot? Fine melo wade lebron whomever have better STATS in 5 mins or less blah blah blah ...this dude has hit like 4 game winners this season alone ... with 5 seconds or less I want Kobe THAT is clutch ....case closed ...still the best Lebron Wade melo dirk duncan can argue over 2nd place ...

So because those other teams didn't need to take game winners and the Lakers did that's irrefutable proof that Kobe is better? Your argument makes no sense.
I would personally prefer a player with a higher FG % and preferrably inbound to take the last shot, but Kobe would work ok too if there was no other choice.

Def Rowe
-His stats show that he misses a lot more clutch shots than he makes..
-I don't remember correctly, but he might have traveled on the last play too..he probably didn't, I'm just saying I don't remember..irrelevant though, see #2..

Watch the replay again dum dum. Westfall, arms crossed, looks down on the floor right at Kobe's feet as he took the shot. He never contested the shot you whiner.

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:34 AM
its not his fault. the refs told him to miss

Calbears1
According to our announcers the refs actually used replay to determine if he got the shot off in time, and whether or not he stepped out of bounds.

DAF86
Kobe wasn't out of bounds.

ElNono
01-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Wasn't he completely out of the league for a while? What was Westphal thinking having that guy out there?

DAF86
01-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Wasn't he completely out of the league for a while? What was Westphal thinking having that guy out there?

He played pretty well the rest of the game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Similar to what he was thinking in the last minute of game 6 during the 1993 finals.

BadOdor
Obviously stern's doing.

Man In Black
Watch the replay again dum dum. Westfall, arms crossed, looks down on the floor right at Kobe's feet as he took the shot. He never contested the shot you whiner.
You got a link to the shot? And yes, the refs must check the feet on every line. That's what the lines are there for :hat

Honesty...I just want to see if you guys are capable of it :) I know some of you are but for others....I have doubts :downspin:

noob cake
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kzZvuEwvxM

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Because he takes a lot more of them. It's not rocket science. Go pick up a statistics book.

LOL @ gobbler..

at the time of the study, Kobe only had a few more attempts than Lebron or Carter..his % was significantly worse than both, and he had more turnovers than both..

Even Joe Johnson shot a similar amount of attempts and had a higher % than Kobe..

The big-name players that shot significantly less attempts than Kobe all had a huge advantage in %s..

he just isn't that clutch..numbers don't lie..numbers have no bias..

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:38 AM
the angle i saw showed a flop. find that angle

Def Rowe
01-02-2010, 01:38 AM
You got a link to the shot? And yes, the refs must check the feet on every line. That's what the lines are there for :hat

Honesty...I just want to see if you guys are capable of it :) I know some of you are but for others....I have doubts :downspin:

I'm sure a youtube link of the play will be available shortly.

BadOdor
01-02-2010, 01:39 AM
King's coach is right there staring at kobe's foot. If kobe was so clearly out of bounds, why doesn't he complain?

cue in "stern" spur response.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Kobe wasn't out of bounds.

Of course he wasn't. It's just ScrotumHeat with his typical Kobe obsession posts.

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 01:40 AM
dunno bout the foot...it looked like he was out of bounds...but also looked like he was on his toes...circa s Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

offensive foul? please..don't cry just to fucking cry man

Man In Black
But you have to admit, because he's big-market...it's a lot more memorable because the 4-letter will talk the hell out of it.

DAF86
That wasn't a foul nor an out of bounds. That shot reminded me of Sean's shot against the Blazers.

Medvedenko
01-02-2010, 01:42 AM
LOL @ gobbler..

at the time of the study, Kobe only had a few more attempts than Lebron or Carter..his % was significantly worse than both, and he had more turnovers than both..

Even Joe Johnson shot a similar amount of attempts and had a higher % than Kobe..

The big-name players that shot significantly less attempts than Kobe all had a huge advantage in %s..

You keep yapping and it just proves your idiocy. Still, you ask any player, coach, and GM out there and their choice of "most clutch" or "what player they want to take the last shot"...the majority is Kobe. Who's the most feared player in the NBA, the answer is Kobe. I'm sure they give a shit of any stats or %'s when it actually matters.

Keep whining, the lakers and Kobe will just keep winning. Fair enough. Good.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 01:42 AM
I merged three threads here -- we don't need three threads on the same play.

ElNono
01-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Jokes aside, I don't think he was out of bounds...
You COULD argue he shoved Rodriguez, but the refs ain't calling that in LA with 4 secs to go against Kobe. Just not going to happen.

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:44 AM
reggie millier shoved jordan and that star didnt get a call.

cobbler
LOL @ gobbler..

The study you are talking about takes into consideration the last 4 or 5 mins of the game. Kobe is not a percentage shooter... he is a volume shooter. In the last shot of the game, win or lose, I'll take Kobe. Isn't it interesting that Melo, LeBron, Carter, Wade, the olympic coaches and survey of GM's all agree. But hey, you know so much more so....

But hey... you keep thinking

ElNono

Sorry

Medvedenko
01-02-2010, 01:45 AM

Kori, you're too good to us, hope you're doing well.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:45 AM
I'm gonna back up on my stance that there's no argument of out of bounds..I haven't seen a good angle yet, but it still looks like he's out of bounds..it's arguable..

LOL @ the latest argument.."Kobe's stats don't matter, because if you ask people, they'll say he's the most clutch"..

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:47 AM
The study you are talking about takes into consideration the last 4 or 5 mins of the game. Kobe is not a percentage shooter... he is a volume shooter. In the last shot of the game, win or lose, I'll take Kobe. Isn't it interesting that Melo, LeBron, Carter, Wade, the olympic coaches and survey of GM's all agree. But hey, you know so much more so....

But hey... you keep thinking

Uhh..so Kobe is a volume shooter, but those other guys aren't?..cop out..please, just admit the numbers don't support it..

Obviously people think Kobe's the most clutch..I used to believe that too, but how can you argue with numbers?..obviously perception is changed when you're constantly reminded of Kobe's GW shots..he has a lot of them, so it sticks out in people's minds..obviously they don't show most of the misses in the highlights..perception can be tricky..

numbers are facts..do you disagree?..

cobbler
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm gonna back up on my stance that there's no argument of out of bounds..I haven't seen a good angle yet, but it still looks like he's out of bounds..

LOL @ the latest argument.."Kobe's stats don't matter, because if you ask people, they'll say he's the most clutch"..

Touchee.... and CLASSIC! :whine

milkshakeballa
Kobe benefits from entertainment and memorable moments..he's a great player, top 10 all-time, but his legacy comes from the media more than it does from his actual accolades..

i was going to destroy this argument with a vengeance until i saw it harlem.

this troll is not worth my time....

hey harlam......

enjoy kobe's nuts in yo mouth bitch :toast:toast:toast

ElNono
LOL @ Kobe 'the most feared'... :lmao

Medvedenko
Uhh..so Kobe is a volume shooter, but those other guys aren't?..cop out..please, just admit the numbers don't support it..

Obviously people think Kobe's the most clutch..I used to believe that too, but how can you argue with numbers?..obviously perception is changed when you're constantly reminded of Kobe's GW shots..he has a lot of them, so it sticks out in people's minds..obviously they don't show most of the misses in the highlights..perception can be tricky..

Thanks, move on.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Laker fans come really weak with their arguments..

LOL @ grandma's boy saying he was going to destroy me in an argument..

I need a close up though..

it looks like I might have been wrong though, he might be in..too hard to tell..

nice shot though, he needs to boost his clutch shot %s, they're weak..

cobbler
01-02-2010, 01:51 AM

NO. And i stand by my comments. Over the last 5 mins you can give "most clutch" to Bron, Melo, Carter... whoever you wish. Last shot of the game... win or lose.... it's Kobe and pretty much everyone in the basketball world agrees on this. When I think of clutch... I am thinking LAST SHOT, not last 5 mins.

Move on Moron.

tlongII
01-02-2010, 01:52 AM
I see why Sergio doesn't play at the end of games for defensive purposes. That was terrible! :lol

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 01:52 AM
My bad only 3 gamewinners but he had dagger jumpers against OKC, bulls GSW to "ice" the game

Noit saying stats don't matter ... (if directed at me) but again I saw one that shows he has hit the most shots (and yes probably taken the most) since 2002 or something like that ...point is stats are stats they can be manipulated or "juked" (shout out to the WIRE greatest show ever) however you want ...
Kobe is the best "close" (last secong shot taker/maker) in the game right now I can live with his miss more than anyone else ... after him I take maybe Dirk or melo those are the 3 best offensive players becasue they have post jumpers and can hit FT's or 3's late ...
Despite the numbers if Wade or Lebron is taking a 3 or dep 2 late you have won ...beacsue their strength is the paint and FT line ...(though Lebron sucks at FT's)

Medvedenko
01-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Laker fans come really weak with their arguments..

LOL @ grandma's boy saying he was going to destroy me in an argument..

I need a close up though..

it looks like I might have been wrong though, he might be in..too hard to tell..

nice shot though, he needs to boost his clutch shot %s, they're weak..

For a second there I didn't know you're a Spur fan.....you must be young, like very young as you probably haven't seen Kobe work over bowen and the spurs throughout the years. That's ok. You're in for a treat watching Kobe. It's nice to see you care.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Usually when people are pulling out stats (82games.com, popcornmachine.net, etc) about clutch, they are talking about under 5 minutes to go with a score differential of 5 or less.

But I agree with the Laker fans -- that's not the same clutchness as one shot with the game on the line. Are stats for those shots -- gaming winning shots -- anywhere? I would think Kobe and Carmelo would both be up there at the top.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 01:56 AM
the comedy of this thread and similar ones is you guys says he is not clutch ... (numbers) but use THOSE same STATS for the last 10 games or so. Even with his crap game on XMAS I bet over the past 10 games or so he would be most clutch with the same stats (criteria)so even if you say he wasnt BEFORE This season you would have to ADMIT (unless you are just a HATER) that Kobe has been the most "clutch" this season at least ...or you won't becuase he quit in game 7 vs. phoenix?

And I agree with Kori Im sure Melo is up there too ...but for this year I bet it's Kobe ...

cobbler
Usually when people are pulling out stats (82games.com, popcornmachine.net, etc) about clutch, they are talking about under 5 minutes to go with a score differential of 5 or less.

But I agree with the Laker fans -- that's not the same clutchness as one shot with the game on the line. Are stats for those shots -- gaming winning shots -- anywhere? I would think Kobe and Carmelo would both be up there at the top.

I think Melo would be right there as well. I'll have do do a little searching.

Xylus
From that one viewpoint, it looks like Kobe is out-of-bounds, but the camera is a little too far away to tell. Also, not a great angle.

Gutter92
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM
good thing kobe doesn't set moving screens :lol

Kriz-Maxima
01-02-2010, 02:02 AM
I don't think that's a foul and it looks like he is on his toes, therefore not out of bounds. Perhaps if Sergio had focused on defending instead of trying to get a foul he could have bothered the shot or even the catch.

Very nice shot.

LnGrrrR
01-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Nice shot, nice win.

Man In Black
01-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Again, it's hoops, that move was straight out of Rucker Park. A classic, shoulder and elbow push-off to clear Rodriguez. Why he falls 8 feet away to give BM such a clear look? Who knows. The skycam would've been nice though to verify the feet.

Def Rowe
01-02-2010, 02:13 AM
It's real close but if you look closely you can see, and Westfall can see that Kobe stayed up on his tippy toes enough.

N-0U3wzyB-4

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:15 AM

Data sample
Regular Seasons: '03-04, '04-05, '05-06, '06-07, '07-08, '08-09 (thru 2/4)
Playoffs: '03-04, '04-05, '05-06, '06-07, '07-08

Leading "Game Winning Shot" Players
1. Lebron James, 17 Winning shots made, 34FG%
2. Vince Carter, 16 Winning shots made, 31FG%
3. Ray Allen, 15 Winning shots made, 39FG%
4. Kobe Bryant, 14 Winning shots made, 25FG%

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

As I always say, History won't be kind with Kobe. Hype never survives the test of time.

Medvedenko
01-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Data sample

Player Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ast T/O League Wide 853 2858 .298 610 815 352 296 LeBron James 17 50 .340 14 20 6 4 Vince Carter 16 51 .314 10 11 3 4 Ray Allen 15 39 .385 4 6 1 2 Kobe Bryant 14 56 .250 12 15 1 5 Carmelo Anthony 13 27 .481 7 11 1 4 Allen Iverson 13 33 .394 6 8 1 2 Ben Gordon 12 34 .353 6 6 1 4 Dirk Nowitzki 12 37 .324 13 18 1 3 Joe Johnson 12 45 .267 2 3 4 2 Paul Pierce 11 32 .344 15 17 9 3 Dwyane Wade 11 40 .275 13 17 3 2 Jamal Crawford 11 43 .256 4 6 3 3 Rashard Lewis 10 26 .385 10 13 0 1 Ricky Davis 10 28 .357 11 11 2 1 Antawn Jamison 9 16 .563 2 5 0 1 Pau Gasol 9 18 .500 4 6 1 4 Steve Francis 9 22 .409 4 5 2 2 Tim Duncan 9 23 .391 6 7 3 1 Gilbert Arenas 9 28 .321 18 18 0 4 Michael Redd 9 30 .300 8 14 0 1 Tracy McGrady 9 32 .281 8 8 3 1 Kevin Garnett 9 33 .273 3 3 1 0 Hedo Turkoglu 8 16 .500 2 3 3 3 Derek Fisher 8 20 .400 2 2 2 1 Chris Paul 8 21 .381 3 4 5 1 Mike Bibby 8 22 .364 2 2 6 1 Richard Hamilton 8 22 .364 4 4 3 3 Andre Iguodala 8 22 .364 10 11 2 3 Jason Terry 8 26 .308 2 3 5 1 Mehmet Okur 7 15 .467 4 4 1 0 Zach Randolph 7 17 .412 6 8 0 0 Brandon Roy 7 19 .368 3 4 3 1 Baron Davis 7 22 .318 4 4 4 2 Raymond Felton 7 24 .292 4 5 2 1 Travis Outlaw 6 7 .857 3 5 0 0 Carlos Boozer 6 9 .667 1 1 0 1 Jalen Rose 6 10 .600 4 5 0 4 Josh Smith 6 11 .545 3 3 0 2 Grant Hill 6 12 .500 0 0 0 0 Damon Jones 6 12 .500 1 1 1 0 Caron Butler 6 13 .462 6 7 1 1 Damon Stoudamire 6 13 .462 0 0 4 1 Kevin Martin 6 14 .429 2 3 0 0 David West 6 15 .400 2 2 0 1 Tyronn Lue 6 16 .375 4 6 0 0 Shawn Marion 6 16 .375 2 2 1 0 Tony Parker 6 16 .375 0 0 4 0 Tayshaun Prince 6 17 .353 2 2 5 1 Deron Williams 6 17 .353 3 3 5 1 Yao Ming 6 18 .333 9 10 0 1 Richard Jefferson 6 19 .316 3 4 2 1 Chris Webber 6 19 .316 0 0 1 1 Manu Ginobili 6 21 .286 4 7 3 4 Chauncey Billups 6 37 .162 18 19 6 2 Eddy Curry 5 7 .714 2 2 0 0 Peja Stojakovic 5 8 .625 1 1 1 0 Kevin Durant 5 14 .357 1 1 1 0 Rudy Gay 5 14 .357 3 4 0 1 Danny Granger 5 14 .357 0 0 0 0 Mike James 5 15 .333 3 7 2 0 Ron Artest 5 16 .313 1 1 2 3 Stephen Jackson 5 20 .250 1 1 4 2 Rasheed Wallace 5 30 .167 2 2 0 2 Ronald Murray 4 4 %1.000 5 6 0 1 David Lee 4 5 .800 0 0 0 0 Andrew Bogut 4 6 .667 0 0 2 1 P.J. Brown 4 7 .571 0 0 0 0 Udonis Haslem 4 8 .500 0 0 0 1 James Posey 4 8 .500 1 1 1 1 Michael Finley 4 9 .444 2 2 4 1 Devin Harris 4 10 .400 0 0 1 0 Larry Hughes 4 10 .400 4 4 3 4 Eddie Jones 4 11 .364 0 1 2 0 T.J. Ford 4 15 .267 1 3 3 2 Mike Miller 4 20 .200 0 2 2 2 Jermaine O'Neal 4 22 .182 4 4 1 0

As I always say, History won't be kind with Kobe. Hype never survives the test of time.

Are you fucking kidding me....he could have retired 4 years ago and his legacy would have already been cemented. How retarded do you have to be to denounce the best player since Magic. Please.

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the stats. Carmelo was about what I expected. Kobe -- I thought his percentage would be higher than it is (but I knew it would be below Carmelo). The funny one to me is "Mr Big Shot" with .162.

Those stats are just through Feb 09 though. So I think Kobe's numbers might be a little higher now.

ffadicted
01-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Unreal shot, but idk guys, he kinda looked out of bounds

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Btw, Carmelo Anthony has perhaps the most impressive numbers: 13 winning shots in a .481FG%. Amazing. Gasol and Turkoglu also have excellent numbers, but Jamison is probably the most underrated clutch shooter in the NBA: 9 winning shots in 56% FG.

Man In Black
01-02-2010, 02:24 AM
The Kings didn't make their case on the court and off it. Spurs players and coaches point like Hounds chasing a Fox when line issues come to play. It's possible that Westphal knows he ain't going to get any further consideration since his team had multiple chances to win the game.

I would love to see a definitive overhead shot but it's not a playoff game and there wouldn't be as many cameras because it's not oh and it's the Kings. When the Spurs play there, there had better be more cameras :flag

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Great post as usual from mogrovejo..

that was what I was looking at as well..as you can see, Lebron and Vince have almost the same amount of attempts on significantly better %s..other guys have lower attempts, but significantly higher %s..

there's a chance Kobe has gone up, I doubt it would be by a huge margin though..

my perception argument is even more legit when you look at Billups..he has a nickname that doesn't fit at all..I actually think his clutch stats have gotten even worse since last year, since I remember him missing some clutch shots in the last year with people joking about how he's supposed to be "Mr. Big Shot"..

Kriz-Maxima
01-02-2010, 02:26 AM
The funny one to me is "Mr Big Shot" with .162.

I expected something like that, which is why I hated that nickname.

badfish22
01-02-2010, 02:28 AM
His was wide the fuck open. I've seen better from Kobe Bryant.

BadOdor
01-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Gotta remember kobe spent about 4 years with bums like kwame/walton/smush, being double/triple teamed and still taking the shot. Now that he has fish and other teammates he can trust, it takes some heat off him, and as you can see he is making those shots.

usdane
01-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Haters will always hate. No sense in trying to argue with them Lakers Fans.
They just wish they had him on their team and who can blame them.

Stats are funny when you are selective like from 2003 to early 2009 hater quoted; come on man. Here is 27 game winners from kobe. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sv4MNTXDgE

Meanwhile we can enjoy another win, the best record in the league and the 3rd buzzer beater from Kobe in the past 29 days.

BLACKMAMBA24
01-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Seeing Hawes and Casspi's reactions after all that shit talkin was priceless.Good game by the young Kings though.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Data sample

1. Lebron James, 17 Winning shots made, 34FG%
2. Vince Carter, 16 Winning shots made, 31FG%
3. Ray Allen, 15 Winning shots made, 39FG%
4. Kobe Bryant, 14 Winning shots made, 25FG%

There is criteria for those numbers.

They are taken in the last 24 seconds (if a player made the tying or go ahead shot at 22 seconds and the opposiong team takes a shot later and actually wins the game the previous shot was still considered a game winner)

Game Winning Shot Opportunity = 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.

Why use this definition?

With 24 seconds or less, then it truly is a "last possession" situation potentially
With a margin from tied to down 2, the team can take the lead with a made basket (including 3's)
By excluding a down 3 situation, we don't have the "gimme two point buckets" that defenses will sometimes yield to the quick bucket/intentional foul strategy option you often see exercised.
Obviously though this definition means a shot may not actually be a game winner -- it may only tie a game (if down two points) or it may allow enough time for the opponents to get a game winning shot of their own. Still it seems a reasonable compromise.

Those numbers are also not up to date...

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Dude I just saw one on True Hoop (i'll find it) a few weeks back that had Kobe with most game winners the articel where HE criticized Kobe as the "most" clutch player ...
My point is that stats can be "juked" for example I dont care what stats say ... when I'm facing an opposing team Paul Pierce has to be considered in most clutch (ray allen too) and that was BEFORE the FINALS MVP ...

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Game winning assists + Game Winning shots:

LeBron James - 23
Paul Pierce - 20
Vince Carter - 19
Ray Allen - 16
Joe Johnson - 16
Kobe Bryant - 15
Mike Bibby - 14
Carmelo Anthony - 14
Dwyane Wade - 14
Chris Paul - 13
Chauncey Billups - 12
Steve Nash - 11
Jason Kidd - 10

usdane
01-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Game winning assists + Game Winning shots:

LeBron James - 23
Paul Pierce - 20
Vince Carter - 19
Ray Allen - 16
Joe Johnson - 16
Kobe Bryant - 15
Mike Bibby - 14
Carmelo Anthony - 14
Dwyane Wade - 14
Chris Paul - 13
Chauncey Billups - 12
Steve Nash - 11
Jason Kidd - 10

Really!! I got 27 game winners by Kobe right here

with the one tonight that makes it 28.

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Which part of

(http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3961766#post3961766)
Data sample

you don't understand?

cobbler
01-02-2010, 02:43 AM

I remember reading something last year where he passed Jordans 26.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Which part of

(http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3961766#post3961766)

you don't understand?

So why are you posting outdated data?

And I would find it hard to believe Kobe has had 12 game winners since March of last season.

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:46 AM
So why are you posting outdated data?

You have updated data league-wide? Feel free to post it.

It's a sample, equal for most players.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Mojogrove(?) it's cool to be stat geek and that is fine but look at my above post i didnt need to see the numbers to know Pierce and Ray allen are clutch ...just watch basketball ...
But VC and Lebron? not in that category dont care what the numbers say I have seen both choke more than be clutch ... great players physically though ...
mojo had to use a website to tell you what i jst said off the top of my head ... LOL
This is not a slam I just watch A LOT of basketball Im a coach i trust my eyes and gut more tham stats My gut tells me if i needed one shot to win a game (no pass) I take:
1. Kobe
2. Pierce
3. Melo
4. Allen/Wade
5. Dirk

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:51 AM
And I would find it hard to believe Kobe has had 12 game winners since March of last season.

Huh? Me too, especially considering his efficiency. What's your point?

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Mojogrove it's cool to be stat geek and that is fine but look at my above post i didnt need to see the numbers to know Pierce and Ray allen are clutch ...just watch basketball ...
But VC and Lebron? not in that category dont care what the numbers say I have seen both choke more than be clutch ... great players physically though ...
o mojo had to use a website to tell you what i jst said off the top of my head ... LOL

In those 6 seasons, Kobe missed 42 game winning shots. That fits what I see: a guy who takes an insane amount of shots in the clutch while being inefficient.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 02:54 AM
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
MJ
No one not even the GOAT makes 'em alll

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:55 AM
I remember reading something last year where he passed Jordans 26.

Jordan used to defer the last shot quite a bit to guys like Paxson and Kerr, something Kobe will very rarely do. While he was a selfish prick in his first years in the league, Jordan became a very intelligent player.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Huh? Me too, especially considering his efficiency. What's your point?

My point is that I can post many articles claiming he passed Jordan in December with 26 or 27.

Since your numbers don't even include the 3peat Laker years I can see the discrepancy between 28 and 15. And Kobe has 3 or 4 this year already so he's right there at the top anyway.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 02:56 AM
In those 6 seasons, Kobe missed 42 game winning shots. That fits what I see: a guy who takes an insane amount of shots in the clutch while being inefficient.

And that's cool but would you say he's been most clutch this year or do you need your website to update first? LOL
Not everyone has to love like or respect Kobe but if you dont respect him he may beat you ...

cobbler
01-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Jordan used to defer the last shot quite a bit to guys like Paxson and Kerr, something Kobe will very rarely do. While he was a selfish prick in his first years in the league, Jordan became a very intelligent player.

Horry and Fisher might disagree with you on that! :toast

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 02:59 AM
My point is that I can post many articles claiming he passed Jordan in December with 26 or 27. Ill find em for ya.

So? How would that imply that Kobe has had 12 game winners since March of last season? You're not making much sense.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:00 AM
And i dont even mind the data I think you have to balance stats vs what you see ...you could tell me Reggie miller was mostly inefficient in the clutch but I can only tell you what I saw ... Im just not a numbers guy cuz they lie ...stats said David was better than hakeem (remeber the NBA award they used to had out for efficency or some crap that David won 3 years in a row or so Spur fans help me out) But as player and a coach I KNOW that Hakeem was better ...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Kobe made an open 3, whoop de do.

The more important point, what was Casspi (he was the double-teamer, no?) thinking? Sheed fail.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Oh and because the stast say So Lebron is OFFICIALLY the best player in the NBA in fact since he is doing this at 25 he is OFFICIALLY better than MJ right now his stats because of teh assists and FG% are better so LEBRON>MJ!!!! Cp3>Magic Dirk>Bird Jennings>Isiah ....

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 03:04 AM
Balance stats vs. what I see? Look, I'm not even that much of a stats guy, there are plenty of metrics I find useless or misleading and I take my personal observations over stats any day, but this is merely a counting. It's like saying that FT% can lie and you have to balance it with your observation. BS. A guy takes X free-throw attempts and he makes Y of them.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Steve Nash is better than CP3 ...
FG% FT% and assits are ALL better than Cp3 ...NASH is > Magic!!!

cobbler
So? How would that imply that Kobe has had 12 game winners since March of last season? You're not making much sense.

I didn't realize that the numbers posted started on 2003. That would probably explain the differences. Add the first four years of Kobe's career and the 3 or 4 he's made this year... and there is your 12.

No problem...

Xylus
Congratulations on your team's victory, Lakerfan.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Balance stats vs. what I see? Look, I'm not even that much of a stats guy, there are plenty of metrics I find useless or misleading and I take my personal observations over stats any day, but this is merely a counting. It's like saying that FT% can lie and you have to balance it with your observation. BS. A guy takes X free-throw attempts and he makes Y of them.

Udoka is a 79% FT shooter but I BET you MANY spur fans and Blazer fans could of told you he would miss ...
But that's the point maybe his FT% is better than Caspi or Hawes (don't know) but I bet his coach would of rather had Udrih, Hawes or Caspi on the line ...
Derek Fisher sucks ass on defense but Id rather have him take that late 3 rather than Shannon Brown i dont need stats to tell me that ...

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Udoka is a 79% FT shooter but I BET you MANY spur fans and Blazer fans could of told you he would miss ...
But that's the point maybe his FT% is better than Caspi or Hawes (don't know) but I bet his coach would of rather had Udrih, Hawes or Caspi on the line ...
Derek Fisher sucks ass on defense but Id rather have him take that late 3 rather than Shannon Brown i dont need stats to tell me that ...

Non sequitur. I'm not using Kobe's FG%. Is Udoka a 79%FT shooter in clutch time?

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 03:14 AM
http://www.dolem.com/kobe/ - list of Kobe's game winning shots. There's 25 of them through Dec 17, 2009. (Not that this site is an awesome source or anything).

usdane
01-02-2010, 03:18 AM
http://www.dolem.com/kobe/ - list of Kobe's game winning shots. There's 25 of them through Dec 17, 2009. (Not that this site is an awesome source or anything).

Here is 27 to look at +1 tonight = 28

scanry
I too saw this six thousand miles away!!!

Great shot there by Kobe. Let's hope that he isn't exhausted.

Hey if they lose to the Mavs, they have a good excuse....

HarlemHeat37
There are websites dedicated to Kobe's buzzer beaters?! LOL God damn..no wonder this perception exists..the media hype is even stronger than I thought..somebody should make a website about his misses..

Kori Ellis
01-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Here's another list that was compiled in 2008.

Kobe Bryant

(1) 05/10/00 - Lakers 97 - Phoenix 96 (playoffs)
(2) 06/14/00 - Lakers 120 - Pacers 118 (playoffs)
(3) 11/16/00 - Lakers 112 - Kings 110
(4) 02/07/01 - Lakers 85 - Phoenix 83
(5) 02/13/01 - Lakers 113 - Nets 110
(6) 01/02/02 - Lakers 87 - Nuggets 86
(7) 02/22/02 - Lakers 96 - Hornets 94
(8) 05/12/02 - Lakers 87 - Spurs 85 (playoffs)
(9) 12/06/02 - Lakers 105 - Dallas 103
(10) 04/04/03 - Lakers 102 - Grizzlies 101
(11) 04/06/03 - Lakers 115 - Suns 113
(12) 12/19/03 - Lakers 101 - Nuggets 99
(13) 02/17/04 - Lakers 89 - Blazers 86
(14) 03/21/04 - Lakers 104 - Bucks 103
(15) 04/14/04 - Lakers 105 - Blazers 104
(16) 03/12/05 - Lakers 117 - Bobcats 116
(17) 11/02/05 - Lakers 99 - Nuggets 97
(18) 01/07/06 - Lakers 112 - Clippers 109
(19) 01/13/06 - Lakers 99 - Cavaliers 98
(20) 04/30/06 - Lakers 99 - Suns 98 (playoffs)
(21) 01/14/08 - Lakers 123 - Seattle 121

Michael Jordan

(1) Nov. 11, 1984 vs. Indiana, 118-116
(2) Dec. 7, 1984 vs. New York, 95-93
(3) April 24, 1985 vs. Milwaukee, 109-107
(4) Nov. 11, 1986 vs. Atlanta, 112-110
(5) Nov. 21, 1986 vs. New York, 101-99
(6) April 15, 1988 vs. New Jersey, 100-99
(7) Feb. 16, 1989 vs. Milwaukee, 117-116
(8) May 7, 1989 vs. Cleveland, 101-100
(9) May 27, 1989 vs. Detroit, 99-97
(10) Nov. 13, 1990 vs. Utah, 84-82
(11) Jan. 22, 1992 vs. Charlotte, 115-112
(12) Nov. 11, 1992 vs. Detroit, 98-96 (OT)
(13) May 17, 1993 vs. Cleveland, 103-101
(14) March 25, 1995 vs. Atlanta, 99-98
(15) Feb. 11, 1997 vs. Charlotte, 103-100
(16) June 1, 1997 vs. Utah, 84-82
(17) February 13, 1998 vs. Atlanta, 112-110
(18) March 22, 1998 vs. Toronto, 102-100
(19) June 14, 1998 vs. Utah, 87-86
(20) December 22, 2001 vs. New York, 87-86
(21) January 31, 2002 vs. Cavaliers, 93-92
(22) February 15, 2002 vs. Suns, 97-96

Killakobe81
Non sequitur. I'm not using Kobe's FG%. Is Udoka a 79%FT shooter in clutch time?

Look I'm NOT saying you did. My point is you pulled out stats to counter the Op's thread about Kobe's shot. My point is I dont NEED numbers to know Derek Jeter is clutch maybe someone if you show me numbers is MORE clutch but as a Angels/Dodgers/Red sox supporter the LAST guy I want to see up is Jeter. I know his stats in clutch are good are they the best? I HAVE NO IDEA but I'd guess matsui was even More clutch last year BUT id rather have him beat me. I bet Fisher and Horry are MORE efficient but if i was an opposing coach I could sleep at night if those guys beat me ...that is why they were open ... and Kobe HAS passe dmany of the clutch shots to those guys.
Same with Brady or manning maybe Phillip Rivers is more "efficient" but I dont want brady or manning driving against my team late ...I dont need to see figures to know this ...
Kobe is the NBA Jeter, Brady ...

mogrovejo

Good find. This means that Kobe had 3 more winning shots to add to his totals. Even in the extremely unlikely scenario that he didn't miss a single one since February, that would put him with

17 winning game shots
59 attempts
29%

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 03:22 AM
There are websites dedicated to Kobe's buzzer beaters?! LOL God damn..no wonder this perception exists..the media hype is even stronger than I thought..somebody should make a website about his misses..

One would probably need a dedicated server and full-time employers.

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Here's another list that was compiled in 2008.

Kobe Bryant

(1) 05/10/00 - Lakers 97 - Phoenix 96 (playoffs)
(2) 06/14/00 - Lakers 120 - Pacers 118 (playoffs)
(3) 11/16/00 - Lakers 112 - Kings 110
(4) 02/07/01 - Lakers 85 - Phoenix 83
(5) 02/13/01 - Lakers 113 - Nets 110
(6) 01/02/02 - Lakers 87 - Nuggets 86
(7) 02/22/02 - Lakers 96 - Hornets 94
(8) 05/12/02 - Lakers 87 - Spurs 85 (playoffs)
(9) 12/06/02 - Lakers 105 - Dallas 103
(10) 04/04/03 - Lakers 102 - Grizzlies 101
(11) 04/06/03 - Lakers 115 - Suns 113
(12) 12/19/03 - Lakers 101 - Nuggets 99
(13) 02/17/04 - Lakers 89 - Blazers 86
(14) 03/21/04 - Lakers 104 - Bucks 103
(15) 04/14/04 - Lakers 105 - Blazers 104
(16) 03/12/05 - Lakers 117 - Bobcats 116
(17) 11/02/05 - Lakers 99 - Nuggets 97
(18) 01/07/06 - Lakers 112 - Clippers 109
(19) 01/13/06 - Lakers 99 - Cavaliers 98
(20) 04/30/06 - Lakers 99 - Suns 98 (playoffs)
(21) 01/14/08 - Lakers 123 - Seattle 121

Michael Jordan

(1) Nov. 11, 1984 vs. Indiana, 118-116
(2) Dec. 7, 1984 vs. New York, 95-93
(3) April 24, 1985 vs. Milwaukee, 109-107
(4) Nov. 11, 1986 vs. Atlanta, 112-110
(5) Nov. 21, 1986 vs. New York, 101-99
(6) April 15, 1988 vs. New Jersey, 100-99
(7) Feb. 16, 1989 vs. Milwaukee, 117-116
(8) May 7, 1989 vs. Cleveland, 101-100
(9) May 27, 1989 vs. Detroit, 99-97
(10) Nov. 13, 1990 vs. Utah, 84-82
(11) Jan. 22, 1992 vs. Charlotte, 115-112
(12) Nov. 11, 1992 vs. Detroit, 98-96 (OT)
(13) May 17, 1993 vs. Cleveland, 103-101
(14) March 25, 1995 vs. Atlanta, 99-98
(15) Feb. 11, 1997 vs. Charlotte, 103-100
(16) June 1, 1997 vs. Utah, 84-82
(17) February 13, 1998 vs. Atlanta, 112-110
(18) March 22, 1998 vs. Toronto, 102-100
(19) June 14, 1998 vs. Utah, 87-86
(20) December 22, 2001 vs. New York, 87-86
(21) January 31, 2002 vs. Cavaliers, 93-92
(22) February 15, 2002 vs. Suns, 97-96

Thanks Kori for this but I dont even think Kobe should be compared to Mj (and Im a Laker fan) or even Magic ...just Lebron, melo pierce etc.

I'm not one of those Kobe>mj guys ...I also Love Lebron's game just not the dancing and prancing crap ...

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Good find. This means that Kobe had 3 more winning shots to add to his totals. Even in the extremely unlikely scenario that he didn't miss a single one since February, that would put him with

17 winning game shots
59 attempts
29%

that 29% would be by far the clutchest motherfucker on your team

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:25 AM

17 winning game shots
59 attempts
29%

Stats again ... but gain that number is skewed with 24 seconds used but whatever point is he has made over 20 game winners ...

Killakobe81
01-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Why don't some people just come out (like some Spur fans have) and say:
Kobe is great he MAY be the best player he is clutch (maybe not #1) but I JUST DON't Like him!!!!!
Because:
a- Colorado
b- Game 7 vs. Phoenix
c- He is arrogant
d- He is NOT on my team
e- People say he is better than my favorite player X (but I know in my heart it's not true!!!
f- He hit a game winner against my favorite team to break my heart

I would respect more of these arguments if they didnt have such a biased emo tone to them ...if it was just stats Id understand ...

Ice009
01-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Why don't some people just come out (like some Spur fans have) and say:
Kobe is great he MAY be the best player he is clutch (maybe not #1) but I JUST DON't Like him!!!!!
Because:
a- Colorado
b- Game 7 vs. Phoenix
c- He is arrogant
d- He is NOT on my team
e- People say he is better than my favorite player X (but I know in my heart it's not true!!!
f- He hit a game winner against my favorite team to break my heart

I would respect more of these arguments if they didnt have such a biased emo tone to them ...if it was just stats Id understand ...

What do you mean by best player though? You want us to say he has been the best player of the decade like ESPN are trying to say? or do you mean you want us to say he is the best player right now?

I'll never say he is better than Tim Duncan. I have seen Tim Duncan dominate the game on both sides of the ball all season. Offensively I have seen Tim carry the load for the whole season and also defensively for the whole season, then add the playoffs to that too to lead us to Championships. He's also been pretty clutch for a bigman too.

When we used to play the Lakers in 2001-2003 I was never that worried about Kobe as I was Shaq. He was the guy we had to try and contain and when you look at some of the stats I think we did a good job on him (Shaq) a few times, and by concentrating on Shaq so much that would leave Kobe with a lot more space to do his thing.

Pretty much up to 2007 I would never pick Kobe over Duncan to start a team with ever. From 2008 up until now I would think about it though.

Man In Black
01-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Tim Duncan's Spurs have won more games than any team in the 00's.

The Spurs ended the decade with 574 wins, the most for any NBA team over the past 10 years. Only two teams in NBA history had more wins in any decade. Both did it in the 1980s: the Lakers (584) and Celtics (580).

Rummpd
01-02-2010, 05:01 AM

Worry foremost about the team that takes you this year - the surging Spurs.

BRHornet45
01-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Kobe the rapist needs a good dick whipping

usdane
01-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Kobe the rapist needs a good dick whipping

Change your post much?
Stay Classy Hornets Fan.

Well at least CP3 enjoyed the show tonight.
http://twitter.com/OneandonlyCP3

BRHornet45
01-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Change your post much?
Stay Classy Hornets Fan.

Well at least CP3 enjoyed the show tonight.
http://twitter.com/OneandonlyCP3

go back to reading perez hilton's blog you faggot son of a bitch

usdane
01-02-2010, 06:13 AM
go back to reading perez hilton's blog you faggot son of a bitch

Sorry I'm too busy reading http://www.economist.com/ and http://hbr.org/

What have you been reading lately? http://donaldduck.disneyfriends.net/

So which is it? you want Kobe to die soon or get raped?

BRHornet45
01-02-2010, 06:15 AM
So which is it? you want Kobe to die soon or get raped?

honestly?

its not up to me to judge, but either one is fine with me. he deserves it

usdane
01-02-2010, 06:18 AM
honestly?

its not up to me to judge, but either one is fine with me. he deserves it

How so?

BRHornet45
01-02-2010, 06:20 AM
How so?

1. he is a rapist

2. he is kobe bryant

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 06:24 AM
I don't know why the Laker fans are so happy about Kobe hitting another game winner. World champions needed to come back from 20 points down to beat the worst team in the league last season, the Kings were without Tyreke Evans and Kevin Martin. Wow, nice story.

Either way, take it for it is worth. Enjoy the win. Someone on RealGM mentioned Jamal Crawford had 3 game winners in 21 days.

usdane
01-02-2010, 06:29 AM
1. he is a rapist

2. he is kobe bryant

1. Charges dropped.

2. Jealous much?

Come up with some original material already. It's getting old and It's just lazy on your part.

Son I recommend that you spend some time on this site http://bible.com/

BRHornet45
01-02-2010, 06:32 AM
1. Charges dropped.

2. Jealous much?

Come up with some original material already. It's getting old and It's just lazy on your part.

Son I recommend that you spend some time on this site http://bible.com/

son I recommend you going play in traffic. jealous of Kobe? ... sure I'm jealous of him for one reason and one reason ONLY ... his bank account. other than that, the dude hasn't accomplished anything on his own. his first 3 rings were literally HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER by Shaq and his 4th ring was handed to him 100% thanks to Gasol.

usdane
01-02-2010, 06:51 AM
son I recommend you going play in traffic. jealous of Kobe? ... sure I'm jealous of him for one reason and one reason ONLY ... his bank account. other than that, the dude hasn't accomplished anything on his own. his first 3 rings were literally HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER by Shaq and his 4th ring was handed to him 100% thanks to Gasol.

I am already playing in traffic in my Saab 9/5 Aero.

4 rings in a decade; I'll take that - Kobe has delivered. how many rings did Kareem win without Magic or Jordan without Pippen? your arguments are weak.

Ohh and those 62 points in 3 quarters against the Mavs 61 points the year they went to the finals was fun to.

I'm am not going to bring up the Hornets since it would just be cruel.

God Bless

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2010, 07:14 AM
why are you praiising this guy

he plays on a stacked team, theres no reason for the lakers to be playing behind the kings

this is why in most cases it is bullshit, the guy who makes the last shot is considered clutch give me a break, if ur that damn good your team shouldnt even be playing from behind a scrub team

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 07:45 AM
The Kings aren't a scrub team anymore. They'll be better than SA within a couple years. :lol

Duncan21kid
01-02-2010, 08:06 AM
foot wasnt on the line, dickhead assistant coach of the sacto kings was pointing at kobe's feet trying to see if he stepped on the line but he obviously didn't see anything and walked off the court without complaining.

Muser
01-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Beno Scored 19 w/ 13 assists :lmao

JamStone
01-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Not very surprising... like this thread and its content.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
01-02-2010, 08:40 AM
1. Charges dropped.

2. Jealous much?

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/carlos12806/1ad8355e.jpg

pauls931
01-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Will people just STFU about the rapist stuff!? Jeez... I hate Kobe as much as the next guy but why not just start attacking white people about the indians. Let it go...

ambchang
01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
First it was Cavs with all those crazy FTs and shotclock malfunction to "win" the game vs. the Hawks. Then this Lakers vs. Kings 4th quarter FTA advantage of 9-4 (including 2 FTs on last second hack on Ime Udoka) + obvious shove for the "open" 3.

There are superstar calls, and then there are Kobe/LeBron calls. It's just getting blatantly obvious.

jdev82
01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
am i surprised that he made a wide open 3? no. i was more surprised that he was open. then i watched the replay. first he pushes his defender off, hard enough to be an offensive foul, then pau grabs him, GRABS HIM and hobe gets a wide open shot. that was a ludicrous no call, and the lakers are given a game once again. first milwaukee, now this.

dallasmavsnfuego214
01-02-2010, 11:30 AM
1. he is a rapist

2. he is kobe bryant

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Gotta luv the reaction of the queens bench.

dUa3RjVSZv8

NRHector
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
The Kings aren't a scrub team anymore. They'll be better than SA within a couple years. :lol"will be" that's the phrase after Tim retires and we still are not sure about them being better with the current talent in the Spurs team.

ffadicted
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I think it's now obvious the lakers tank games on purpose just to give kobe a chance to make shots like that

NRHector
01-02-2010, 12:20 PM
why are you praiising this guy

he plays on a stacked team, theres no reason for the lakers to be playing behind the kings

this is why in most cases it is bullshit, the guy who makes the last shot is considered clutch give me a break, if ur that damn good your team shouldnt even be playing from behind a scrub team:tu

Spursfan092120
01-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow...insecure much? Are we really that excited about a game winning shot against the Sacramento Kings?

Rummpd
01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Mason made as many game winner last year and well Spurs fans celebrated but we did not get orgasmic about it.

Lakers fans have no life and an over-hyped team with a bench that could not win the WNBA and a point guard situation so bad that Hill would start over there over that farce of collection of wannabees and and an aging Fisher - face reality.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Insecure? A W is a W!!!!

Last year they lost a lost of close games to shitty teams and heard all the hooopla how they would fold come playoff time cause they just weren't all that. Now this year, with the best record in the league they are winning those same games where they play like crap and we here all the same hoopla.

Sounds more like pipe dreams from losers than insecurity from the winners to me.

I guess we will see whos left standing in June.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Mason made as many game winner last year and well Spurs fans celebrated but we did not get orgasmic about it.

Lakers fans have no life and an over-hyped team with a bench that could not win the WNBA and a point guard situation so bad that Hill would start over there over that farce of collection of wannabees and and an aging Fisher - face reality.

And yet we still are the defending champs and heavy favorites to repeat and all your posturing and BS isn't going to change a thing. :toast

Spursfan092120
01-02-2010, 01:12 PM
And yet we still are the defending champs and heavy favorites to repeat and all your posturing and BS isn't going to change a thing. :toast
being the "favorites" doesn't mean shit until you do it.

cobbler
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
being the "favorites" doesn't mean shit until you do it.

It's a work in progress. Still holding the best recored in the league while playing like crap. That can't be a great sign for others.

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Lakers are playing shaky, but they are still playing well enough to beat most teams. It is not uncommon for great teams to play down to another teams level, especially against average teams.

What everyone always looks at is record against .500+ teams. I go beyond that and look at real contenders. In my mind there are only 6 real contenders right now: LA, BOS, ORL, DAL, DEN, CLE...until the Spurs start playing better they can't be counted. You may count ATL & PHO based on their record, but I personally don't believe they have a shot to win a title.

So looking at LA's record against true contenders you see they are: 0-3. Now, that is not a big sample size, but if that continues, that will say something about the true level the Lakers are at.

If you include ATL, the Lakers record against contenders is 1-3.
If you include PHO, the Lakers record against contenders is 3-4.

Still not terribly impressive, but like I said, it is early and they were missing Pau early on and Artest as of late.

NRHector
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
It's a work in progress. Still holding the best recored in the league while playing like crap. That can't be a great sign for others.
is a work in progress for most of the NBA teams

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
we are talking about it cuz it was a game winning shot..regardless of what team...insecure spurs fans.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 01:39 PM

BULLSHIT... you didnt get orgasmic about it?...Spursfans had fucking GIFS of the shot made an hour later. People claiming Mason was the Spurs savior. :lmao:rollin

Go back to being irrelevant.

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
It's not a good sign when you're having close games versus bad teams, no matter if you win it or lose it. In fact, losing or winning close games is pretty irrelevant, the quality of a team doesn't change significantly because of a single shot made or missed.

The record versus top teams/contenders/winning teams is pretty meaningless, except if it shows a trend of a bad matchup (but even that can be deceiving).

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM

son lets see what your boy thought:

Chris Paul: Ohhhhh dip!!!...somebody tell me he didn't miss both freethrows...don't he kno that boi Kobe Bean is ova there...good luck to em Over 1 hour ago

Chris Paul: What did I say??? GAME BLOUSERS...lol...goodnite evrybody Over 1 hour ago.
http://twitter.com/Oneandonlycp3

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 02:52 PM
so a player hits a game winner in the regular season and it needs a thread?

ok, i'll remember that next time LeBron, Wade, Melo, or others make one.

BUMP
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
If the Lakers and Kings played in a game 7 in the playoffs would the Kings even get within 20 points?

C'mon guys let's be real. Kobe's been doing this forever, he plays down to the competition against shitty teams because he knows that they will eventually fold and that he doesn't need to do a whole lot to win.

The Lakers are still gonna be the top team in the NBA come playoff time and the only teams that can challenge them are DEN, DAL, BOS, ORL, and CLE.

No other teams matter, let's be realistic

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Lakers are playing shaky, but they are still playing well enough to beat most teams. It is not uncommon for great teams to play down to another teams level, especially against average teams.

What everyone always looks at is record against .500+ teams. I go beyond that and look at real contenders. In my mind there are only 6 real contenders right now: LA, BOS, ORL, DAL, DEN, CLE...until the Spurs start playing better they can't be counted. You may count ATL & PHO based on their record, but I personally don't believe they have a shot to win a title.

So looking at LA's record against true contenders you see they are: 0-3. Now, that is not a big sample size, but if that continues, that will say something about the true level the Lakers are at.

If you include ATL, the Lakers record against contenders is 1-3.
If you include PHO, the Lakers record against contenders is 3-4.

Still not terribly impressive, but like I said, it is early and they were missing Pau early on and Artest as of late.

If the Lakers and Kings played in a game 7 in the playoffs would the Kings even get within 20 points?

C'mon guys let's be real. Kobe's been doing this forever, he plays down to the competition against shitty teams because he knows that they will eventually fold and that he doesn't need to do a whole lot to win.

The Lakers are still gonna be the top team in the NBA come playoff time and the only teams that can challenge them are DEN, DAL, BOS, ORL, and CLE.

Bringing the lunchpale

Donkeybong
01-02-2010, 03:05 PM

very sensible poster

dbestpro
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
When Kobe gets the same whistle as the rest of the NBA I'll be impressed. Until then, Yawn.

Smooth Criminal
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM

you do that

Brazil
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
lol at spurs fans on this one. A win is a win and LA is quite happy to have a leader like Kobe who put a 39 5 5 during this game with a great buzzer 3 !
LA is for now the best team in the league it may change but this game just showed that despite an early struggling their leader took over and won the game for them.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow when I first read the title I thought he was busted with another woman again.

Xylus
01-02-2010, 03:42 PM

Threads get made for game-winners all the time.

And why not? Is there a more sublime moment in a basketball game than a buzzer-beating shot to win the game?

Metheny
01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
MJ OR KOBE AT THE END OF THE GAME HMMMM??

Stop listening to espn hyping up players kids

usdane
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
MJ OR KOBE AT THE END OF THE GAME HMMMM??

Stop listening to espn hyping up players kids

Who cares. MJ is yesterday and I would probably pick Reggie Miller for the last shoot in that era.

Metheny
01-02-2010, 04:29 PM
lol @ reggie miller over jordan

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Let's be realistic. DEN and DAL do not matter in the West. The Lakers will steamroll their way to the finals like they did the last two years.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 06:50 PM

you act like threads arnt made for them now. :rolleyes

WalterSobchak
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Let's be realistic. DEN and DAL do not matter in the West. The Lakers will steamroll their way to the finals like they did the last two years.

How did that steamroll go against the Yao-less & Tracy-less Rockets last season? Can winning a 7 game series against a Yao-less & Tracy-less Rockets team be really classified a steamroll?

Lakers are fucking weak. They lucked out by getting the Magic in the Finals. Magic aren't aggresive & strong enough. Against bruisers, the Lakers will take it up the ass like the Nihilists they are. Ask the Celtics how that Lakers ass was.

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Lakers are 3-4 against what can be considered those legit contenders so far. They are 0-3 if you don't consider ATL and PHO contenders.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
How did that steamroll go against the Yao-less & Tracy-less Rockets last season? Can winning a 7 game series against a Yao-less & Tracy-less Rockets team be really classified a steamroll?

Lakers are fucking weak. They lucked out by getting the Magic in the Finals. Magic aren't aggresive & strong enough. Against bruisers, the Lakers will take it up the ass like the Nihilists they are. Ask the Celtics how that Lakers ass was.

We would ask the Celtics but they lost to the "not agrresive and not strong" Magic.

now GTFO

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Lakers are 3-4 against what can be considered those legit contenders so far. They are 0-3 if you don't consider ATL and PHO contenders.

if u count denver then you gotta count ATL and PHO.

crc21209
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM
9 pages for this crap? Suck his diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick...:lmao

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 07:27 PM
if u count denver then you gotta count ATL and PHO.

Why is that? Denver was in the WCF, Atlanta and the Suns did not make it that far respectively.

namlook
01-02-2010, 07:27 PM
LOL @ Kings. They thought they were going to steal one and Kobe said "Uh...no."

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they knew they weren't going to "steal one" after Udoka missed 2 free throws and they left the #2 player in the NBA wiiiide open on the wing for a game winner..

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM

I don't consider DEN/DAL contenders either.

Tell me more about these November/December championships?

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't consider DEN/DAL contenders either.

Tell me more about these November/December championships?

Why are you getting defensive when I post stats? I did not say anything negative about the Lakers?

So by your logic, how can you say the Lakers are good to go in December? By their record? Tell me about the best record in December championship again please.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Why is that? Denver was in the WCF, Atlanta and the Suns did not make it that far respectively.

cuz we should be basing win -loss stats this year vs teams with records made this year. Apples to Apples.

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Why are you getting defensive when I post stats? I did not say anything negative about the Lakers?

You're the only one being defensive. Look at you.

So by your logic, how can you say the Lakers are good to go in December? By their record? Tell me about the best record in December championship again please.

Nice strawman.

I'll tell you about the defending champions sleep walking through the first two months of the season en route to a 26-6 record.

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
cuz we should be basing win -loss stats this year vs teams with records made this year. Apples to Apples.

No. That is why I did not include the Spurs. They have a record well over .500 but I did not include them.

Win/loss is not enough. You have to draw the line somewhere. It is widely considered that ORL, BOS, LA, DAL, DEN and CLE are contenders. Not PHO and ATL.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 08:11 PM
No. That is why I did not include the Spurs. They have a record well over .500 but I did not include them.

Win/loss is not enough. You have to draw the line somewhere. It is widely considered that ORL, BOS, LA, DAL, DEN and CLE are contenders. Not PHO and ATL.

dallas? u only addong them in ur stats cuz they beat the lakers

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
You're the only one being defensive. Look at you.

Nice strawman.

I'll tell you about the defending champions sleep walking through the first two months of the season en route to a 26-6 record.

Me doing stat work and you saying "tell me about the December championships" equals me being defensive? You said nothing pertaining to my stat work.

They are not sleepwalking. They are losing to contenders and beating up non contenders. Not really even beating them up, just beating them at the buzzer. Cavs had the best record last year. Tell me about regular season championships again.

DPG21920
01-02-2010, 08:13 PM
dallas? u only addong them in ur stats cuz they beat the lakers

No. I provided all the stats. With and without ATL and Suns in my OP. So don't pull that card. The Suns just absolutely trounced the Lakers as well. It is just widely considered they are not legit contenders. Dallas is.

Even if you add them in along with Atlanta, which I already did, the lakers are 3-4. That is a losing record.

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Laker fans

get a clue.

Most every single non-laker fan does not agree with you.

Get a friggin clue and talk about something else already.

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Me doing stat work and you saying "tell me about the December championships" equals me being defensive? You said nothing pertaining to my stat work.

Posting meaningless win/loss record from Dec/Nov is not 'stat work'.

They are not sleepwalking. They are losing to contenders and beating up non contenders.

Again, Den/Dal are not contenders. And that's the definition of sleepwalking btw. Last year the Lakers came out having to prove themselves all over again after their disastrous finals. This year? The urgency won't be there until late Feb - just like every other Phil Jackson team looking to repeat. Of course repeating is foreign concept to Spurs fan.

Not really even beating them up, just beating them at the buzzer. Cavs had the best record last year. Tell me about regular season championships again.

The Cavs aren't the Lakers.

BUMP
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Again, Den/Dal are not contenders

That's a fact. Another Fact is Dallas >>>>>>> San Antonio. Therefore San Antonio is nowhere near a contender.

Nobody in the West is a contender except for LA and thats not even debatable. The race for 2nd in the West is wide open. I think its so funny that Spur Fan cheers for their team with their eyes closed and think they have a decent shot at winning at all.

Atleast I can admit that my team has no chance against LA.

SpurFan just digs for excuses instead of straight up admitting their team sucks balls

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 10:00 PM
That's a fact. Another Fact is Dallas >>>>>>> San Antonio. Therefore San Antonio is nowhere near a contender.

Agreed. :toast

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
21_Bastards trying to talk shit again.

xellos88330
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Nobody in the West is a contender except for LA and thats not even debatable. The race for 2nd in the West is wide open. I think its so funny that Spur Fan cheers for their team with their eyes closed and think they have a decent shot at winning at all.

SpurFan just digs for excuses instead of straight up admitting their team sucks balls

This tells me that you have no right to even call yourself a fan at all if you can't believe in your team.

xellos88330
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM

Yea, I actually just skip over all of his posts now. They all are always something like "Lakers are the greatest and every other team is playing for second." It gets pretty old.

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm sorry that you're having trouble accepting reality. The 2nd best team of the decade is nothing to sneeze at. You should be proud of your Spurs. :flag:

TD 21
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
No, I'm not the least bit surprised that golden boy got away with a blatant push-off and subsequently freed himself up for the game winner. Just add it to the list...that's three games recently that the Lakers had handed to them on an egregious no-call late. Bucks: blatant Bryant offensive foul at a critical time of the game; no-call, Kings: Gasol blatantly shoves Thompson to the ground and tips in the game tying basket; no-call.

Lakers fans are either delusional or in denial if they think these wins are positive. They're only positive in the sense that they keep the Lakers atop the race for the best record in the league, but overall, they're an indicator of how overrated this team is. An absolutely awful bench, terrible point guard play, a should be All-Star center who's underutilized because he's playing with the most selfish player in the league and a leading player with a ton of mileage on his body, supposedly banged up, playing major minutes nightly and desperately trying to win a scoring title. Shockingly, despite their talent, this is a middle of the road offensive team and they're slipping by the game defensively. As a Spurs fan, I like everything that's going on with the Lakers right now.

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry that you're having trouble accepting reality. The 2nd best team of the decade is nothing to sneeze at. You should be proud of your Spurs. :flag:
Son, even nba.com says the Spurs are the best team of the decade. Almost everyone had the Spurs as the best team of the decade. However, there are many Laker fans like 21_Bastards, Fuck_your_mother Buddy, namicantsee, thinking that the Lakers are team of the decade.

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Almost everyone had the Spurs as the best team of the decade.

No 'everyone' did not.

However, there are many Laker fans like 21_Bastards, Fuck_your_mother Buddy, namicantsee, thinking that the Lakers are team of the decade.

4 > 3

4-1

The Lakers are the Team of the Decade. Everyone knows that.

Spurs: Team of the Regular season this decade :lmao :lmao :rollin

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
By the way how do you fuck up winning back to back 3 times? Shameful.

BUMP
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
This tells me that you have no right to even call yourself a fan at all if you can't believe in your team.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ohhh noeees you sure showed me on that one:wow

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
No 'everyone' did not.

4 > 3

4-1

The Lakers are the Team of the Decade. Everyone knows that.

Spurs: Team of the Regular season this decade :lmao :lmao :rollin
Did you miss out on the word "almost"? I pity Laker fans who are unable to read. Things are still going well in Lala land though. 2005 playoffs missed. If you want to drag out head to head matchups, the Spurs would have stomped you in 2005, 2006, 2007.

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
No, I'm not the least bit surprised that golden boy got away with a blatant push-off and subsequently freed himself up for the game winner. Just add it to the list...that's three games recently that the Lakers had handed to them on an egregious no-call late. Bucks: blatant Bryant offensive foul at a critical time of the game; no-call, Kings: Gasol blatantly shoves Thompson to the ground and tips in the game tying basket; no-call.

Lakers fans are either delusional or in denial if they think these wins are positive. They're only positive in the sense that they keep the Lakers atop the race for the best record in the league, but overall, they're an indicator of how overrated this team is. An absolutely awful bench, terrible point guard play, a should be All-Star center who's underutilized because he's playing with the most selfish player in the league and a leading player with a ton of mileage on his body, supposedly banged up, playing major minutes nightly and desperately trying to win a scoring title. Shockingly, despite their talent, this is a middle of the road offensive team and they're slipping by the game defensively. As a Spurs fan, I like everything that's going on with the Lakers right now.

My man, you win the fucking prize in this thread.

:toast

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 11:29 PM
2005 playoffs missed.

Again with the regular season success. I'd rather the Lakers miss the playoffs than choke in the first round to a sad Dallas team - as the three seed. Embarrassing.

Fact: 4 championships is superior to 3. A three-peat is superior to 3 titles with no back to backs. Sorry :nope

Maybe some day San Antonio will become relevant again.

WalterSobchak
01-02-2010, 11:31 PM
We would ask the Celtics but they lost to the "not agrresive and not strong" Magic.

now GTFO

131-92

4-2

Fucking Nihilists.

WalterSobchak
01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Again with the regular season success. I'd rather the Lakers miss the playoffs than choke in the first round to a sad Dallas team - as the three seed. Embarrassing.

Fact: 4 championships is superior to 3. A three-peat is superior to 3 titles with no back to backs. Sorry :nope

Maybe some day San Antonio will become relevant again.

I forgot about that special LOB trophy for winning back2back or 3peats. :rolleyes

Please post a pic of that special 3peat LOB that the Lakers have. I have yet to see it.

WalterSobchak
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM

Cool story brah.

http://lolabrigada.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/nowitzki_drunk.jpg

BUMP
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Cool story brah.

http://lolabrigada.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/nowitzki_drunk.jpg

But....but.....but.....Manu was injured...we'll show em next year!!!!

Agloco
01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
A win is a win. How many effing buzzer beaters has he had this year?

And that's precisely the argument many make against the Lakers being as good as their 24-6 record indicates. Needing a buzzer beater to win against the likes of Milwaukee, Miami and Sacto is less than impressive.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I forgot about that special LOB trophy for winning back2back or 3peats. :rolleyes

Please post a pic of that special 3peat LOB that the Lakers have. I have yet to see it.

:toast

milkshakeballa
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
And that's precisely the argument many make against the Lakers being as good as their 24-6 record indicates. Needing a buzzer beater to win against the likes of Milwaukee, Miami and Sacto is less than impressive.

the same shit happened last year lol

Agloco
01-03-2010, 12:03 AM
But....but.....but.....Manu was injured...we'll show em next year!!!!

But......but....but, D-Whistle got all the calls....we'll show em next year!!!!!

Fast Forward:

But......but......but, we suck against the Warriors...we'll show em next year!!!!

:sleep:sleep:sleep

Agloco
01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
the same shit happened last year lol

He had 3 buzzer beaters in the first 30-some games last year as well?

BUMP
01-03-2010, 12:19 AM
But......but....but, D-Whistle got all the calls....we'll show em next year!!!!!

Fast Forward:

But......but......but, we suck against the Warriors...we'll show em next year!!!!

:sleep:sleep:sleep

You forgot something.....

http://thebasketballoracle.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat.jpghttp://assets.sbnation.com/assets/37479/Playoffs07_JaxWP_1024_medium.jpg

And then for bonus points (optional)
http://workbench.cadenhead.org/media/dallas-mavericks-nba-champs-2006.jpg

DPG21920
01-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Bump does not even like basketball.

Allanon
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM

:lol this doesn't even make sense.

Michael Jordan hit 25 of them in his career..a bunch of them against crappy teams; and nobody's going to say those Bulls teams were less than impressive. Hell the Lakers just went up 40 points on the #2 team in the West too.

Any crappy NBA team can beat the best NBA team on any given night and any team good or bad can trail by 40 as well.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
While the close calls are concerning, the poise in which Kobe has shown in his GW shot is undeniable. The combination of injuries and a bench that got fat off the starters' success have to really be put in focus. You can also call it championship malaise because of the recent success the Lakers have, but don't discredit their record nor the fact that other top-notch teams are losing to so-called bottom dwellers. I mean, this is the NBA and Sacramento isn't William & Mary. Every team is going to struggle for stretches during the season. I'm just glad its still only January and not closer to playoff time.

Chieflion
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Lame. I just saw the replay on nba fantasy insider by Rick Kamla and saw the replay. They paused the part where Kobe bumped into Sergio. Kobe hugged Sergio and stepped on his foot, which is why Sergio "flopped".

skut_farkus
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
what did kobe do again?...... rape a white bitch?

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 02:29 AM
what did kobe do again?...... rape a white bitch?

Kobe gave Sergio the Sasha treatment.

namlook
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
:lol this doesn't even make sense.

Michael Jordan hit 25 of them in his career..a bunch of them against crappy teams; and nobody's going to say those Bulls teams were less than impressive. Hell the Lakers just went up 40 points on the #2 team in the West too.

Any crappy NBA team can beat the best NBA team on any given night and any team good or bad can trail by 40 as well.

Amazing that people need things like this explained to them. :lol