PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur Ime Udoka

draft87
01-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I was just about to start an Ime appreciation thread and use tonight's game as an example of his good work and then the last two plays happened....

I watch a ton of games, and always make a point to check in on recent ex-Spurs. Ime has played decently with the Kings so far but hasn't received steady time in the rotation. Tonight he posted:
13pts(5-7FG, 1-2 3pt, 2-4ft), 5rb, 3ast in 27 minutes.

Nice, except with 4.3 seconds left and the Kings up 108-106, he missed BOTH free throws. He clearly looked frazzled after the first shot was short. The 2nd shot was long and more off than the first.

Poor Ime. Kobe lucked out and got a 3 off literally at 0.1. It left his middle finger at 0.1! I still think his left heel was out of bounds but the refs looked at it and called it good.

I will say that the refs looked like they couldn't agree on the call but shrugged like, "Well, we're in LA, and it's Kobe, so let's call it good"

The Lakers won 109-108

Now, I can be accused of hating the Lakers but I seriously think you should look at the refs discussion after reviewing the tape of shot.

Whatever. I just feel bad for the Kings. I hope I don't end up eating my words but I like them as my feel-good story of 2010. The Thunder are a going to have a nice turnaround but I legitimately fear them as someone who could wreck our playoff position and be a nightmare matchup in a postseason series.

I remember reading a ton of 2010 predictions with the Kings and Grizzlies heading the bottom two spots of both conferences. I think it was Marc Stein that sarcastically said Paul Westphal could be a Coach of the Year candidate if he gets the Kings to 20 wins. ...Both the Kings are Grizzlies have the potential to be a big mess but they're playing hard for 48 minutes and it's admirable considering how many players now get big contracts and mail it in. It's doing good things for the league and increasing competition(also a good thing)

Like I said, I hope I don't wish for a good Sacramento season and then end up losing to them or having them push us to 7 games in the first round but I am cheering for the Kings to give the other big teams a tough loss or a hard-earned win.

That being said, I was pumped to see the Kings push the Lakers and Cavs to OT. Both games ended up being tough losses for the Kings but they held a small but lengthy lead for a good chunk of tonight's game vs. the Lakers. They've been without Tyreke Evans but wre hungry for a revenge win. They're playing with a level of confidence much higher than we'd expect for such a young team. Even Beno Udrih had a nice 34 min=19pts/13ast performance.

Back to the beginning, it was nice to see a good for Ime but a total bummer to see him choke at the line. And totally lame to see the Lakers get all fucking pumped that Kobe bailed them out again.....That team should be so much better than letting a sans Evans Kings team take them to the limit. Kobe even had this look on his face that he didn't think the shot was gonna count but knew the refs would back him up. He just stood there with a sneaky grin on his face while Gasol and every other lucky bastard shit their pants dry humping him at center court. It would have been so sweet if Udoka nailed both shots and made it so no matter what Kobe couldn't bail out the Lakers AGAIN.

mazerrackham
01-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah, Ime played well until those free throws. Even so, Kobe needed the refs to not call him for a moving screen when he ran into rodriguez who wasn't guarding him, not call his heel out of bounds (which I also think it was), and hope it left his hands in time (which it did, but barely). The refs took care of the other two.

murpjf88
01-02-2010, 02:20 AM
That was definitely out of bounds. If ever Sacramento wanted to protest. I looked at it about 10 times on LP. I'm not sure the refs even questioned it. Unless he pulled a Sean Elliott.

bigfan
01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Only Wade gets more breaks from the refs than Kobe. I hope Ime plays well, he did ok for our team and I wish him the best.

raspsa
01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Ime was one of the heroes when the amazing Kings rally to beat the Bulls.

Pero
01-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Even Beno Udrih had a nice 34 min=19pts/13ast performance.

What do you mean even? Beno's been playing very good ever since Martin went down.

galvatron3000
01-02-2010, 11:59 AM
it's impossible to get a shot off at .1 after the Spurs .4 loss I thought the league addressed this by stating if it is not atleast .4 the game is over unless it is a lob.

Pero
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
it's impossible to get a shot off at .1 after the Spurs .4 loss I thought the league addressed this by stating if it is not atleast .4 the game is over unless it is a lob.

It wasn't like that. There were 4 seconds or so left for the Lakers and the ball left Kobe's hand with 0.1 seconds to go.

loveforthegame
01-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Udoka has been playing real nice for the Kings. It was such a shame to see him choke those fts last night like he did.

DesignatedT
01-02-2010, 01:41 PM
thank god this guy isnt throwing up bricks for us anymore.

all_heart
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Poor Ime, he was never clutch. Decent player, but the Spurs are better off w/out him.

senorglory
01-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Who was it that either missed their rotation on Kobe or got abused by Kobe on that last play? I couldn't tell from the replay if the player down by the lower block was supposed to rotate out, or if that guy Kobe clobbered at the top of the key with the vicious moving screen was supposed to stick to Kobe on the perimeter. Anyone know?

DesignatedT
01-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Who was it that either missed their rotation on Kobe or got abused by Kobe on that last play? I couldn't tell from the replay if the player down by the lower block was supposed to rotate out, or if that guy Kobe clobbered at the top of the key with the vicious moving screen was supposed to stick to Kobe on the perimeter. Anyone know?

sergio rodriguez... kobe set that screen and it looked like sergio was trying to flop IMO. not sure why Ime wasnt in the game gaurding kobe at this point. rodriguez trying to flop with the game on the line.

senorglory
01-02-2010, 02:49 PM
sergio rodriguez... kobe set that screen and it looked like sergio was trying to flop IMO. not sure why Ime wasnt in the game gaurding kobe at this point. rodriguez trying to flop with the game on the line.

Man. Sergio got creamed then.

and Kobe is a cold blooded killer. Black Mamba, indeed.

Thanks for the response.

Gouken
01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Kobe did not clobber the guy guarding him. There wasn't that much contact for the guy to be flying as far back as he did. I've seen worse. What you should be wondering is where was the rotation by the Kings on that play?

The Kings head coach was looking at his feet when he hit the 3.
He didn't say shit. Game over. Move the fuck on to the next one.

hsxvvd
01-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Only Wade gets more breaks from the refs than Kobe. I hope Ime plays well, he did ok for our team and I wish him the best.

Kobe = Ron Mercer with a whole lotta help from the refs.

mazerrackham
01-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Kobe did not clobber the guy guarding him. There wasn't that much contact for the guy to be flying as far back as he did. I've seen worse. What you should be wondering is where was the rotation by the Kings on that play?

The Kings head coach was looking at his feet when he hit the 3.
He didn't say shit. Game over. Move the fuck on to the next one.

It may not have been an extreme amount of contact, but that was not Kobe setting a pick on somebody. You have to be set to set a pick, and Kobe just ran into him. That's illegal any way you look at it. Even so, it was probably a missed rotation from the other side by the kings.

SequSpur
01-03-2010, 01:35 PM
it was a fuckin illegal screen..wtf... nba = wrestling