PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I admit it, I'm scared.

vanvannen
04-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I need you guys to tell me it's gonna be alright, we are going to beat Denver. Right now, with Tim hurt, I don't see much of chance of getting out of the 1st round alive if Pop keeps calling 4-down in the 4th. Didn't we learn from last year's meltdown to the Lakers that the motion offense can help us?
Right now it's just die by the 4-down, and Tim does not seem to be responding....

PLEASE SOME GOOD VIBES!!! :smokin

TNT21
04-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey, snap out of it, it'll be OK. BELIEVE!! This is the same way we started the 03 title run.

Medvedenko
04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Wasn't Starbury injured in the 03 run.....just some thoughts...you should probably beat the Nuggs in 6....

Tobias
04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't know about you, but just saying "believe" doesn't cut it for me. However, that's not to say the Spurs are DOA. All the Spurs played their game last night, the only hitch was..well Duncan crapped out. But that's not happening in game 2. Manu, Nazr - even Bowen, Barry and Tony played goods last night. The Spurs were the agressors and Nuggets just scrapped to stay in the game until the lid clamped down on the Spurs' rim.

HB22inSA
04-25-2005, 04:20 PM
A week and a half from now you'll be laughing at yourself at how scared you were.

Spurs should win it in 7.

vanvannen
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Really hope so. :drunk

blaze89
04-25-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm a paranoid schitz myself and I'm really paranoid right now. I didn't want the Spurs to face Denver in any round considering how much better they are than in the beginning of the season.

Anyhow, I'll just be here paranoid waiting for the next game.

bigzak25
04-25-2005, 04:24 PM
our Spurs will settle down, and make denver play our game a little more...as Sean was saying yesterday, Pop will chew some ass for running just to run instead of when the opportunities were there...and chew some more for taking ill advised shots so early in the shot clock...

our spurs will also be less sloppy with the passes and cut the to's down...

and the rest will take care of itself...

vanvannen
04-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Our Spurs's coach should also use our shooters on a 0 from 17 shooting performance...

I want to believe!!! :elephant

thispego
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM
7 other teams are in the same exact position we are in right now
this is how playoffs go, would a series victory be as exciting if we didnt have a few bumps along the way??
No need to worry, we are better than the Nuggets, we got up to 6 games to show it

Dre_7
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Spurs should win it in 7.

Spurs in 6, maybe even 5, but I doubt it will go 7 games.

Tek_XX
04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah Spurs need to slow the game down and hopefully pop will figure out exactly what George Karl is doing and put some clamps on it. If we win game 2 i think we can take the series hopefully in 6.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
stephon claims he was injured in 2003, but it didnt seem to hurt his play, the guy played like a madman

pretty much everyone at that time of the year has injuries of some sort and i think that was the nature of stephon's

remember after we beat dallas, in post game interviews, Nellie kept saying how Steve Nash has been playing with fucked up shoulders and a messed up leg....

its like, wow Nellie, he must have really been injured when hitting countless threes and nailing his little 10 foot fadeaway jumper over and over and over
BTW don't be weak man, don't get scared....yet

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
I need you guys to tell me it's gonna be alright, we are going to beat Denver. Right now, with Tim hurt, I don't see much of chance of getting out of the 1st round alive if Pop keeps calling 4-down in the 4th. Didn't we learn from last year's meltdown to the Lakers that the motion offense can help us?
Right now it's just die by the 4-down, and Tim does not seem to be responding....

sheeeeeeeeeeeesh! You guys are hilarious!

props to Denver for bringing their A game...Andre Miller was friggen ON FIRE especially in the first half. The guy is a career 33% shooter and only hit 6-39 from 3 point range all year (a whopping 15.4%) and has only 13ppg this year...he more than doubled that last night, shot 50% and 2-2 from outside but you are nuts if you think he is gonna do that again on Wednesday...Spurs were right to dare him to shoot early in the game...

I guarantee the Spurs are watching tape today and making defensive adjustments. Thats why they call it the Spurs SYSTEM...you play a team over and over again with days off in between and you can make those adjustments...

Spurs shooting sucked in the fourth. 0-17. horrible point blank misses on shots they normally make every night. Oh well...shit happens...had they made only 30% of those shots Denver would have been playing catchup and fouling at the 2 minute mark and Spurs win by 10.

I don't blame this loss on the refs at all but Denver was playing very hard physical ball in the paint...almost too hard to be allowed again Wednesday...sending two front court Spurs players to the locker room for stitches won't happen every night...this is the playoffs and refs are gonna be watching tape too...Expect more whistles in game 2 and even a flagrant or two early to get this series under control...

All in all this was a good wakeup call for the Spurs...I expect them to get deadly serious and respond with a blowout on Wednesday...If you guys want to buy into the myth that George Karl sprinkled magic pixie dust into those goobers coors light to make them suddenly unbeatable then fine...think that...I for one am gonna settle back Wednesday and watch the Spurs lay a serious ass whooping on this Denver team...

MannyIsGod
04-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Fucking A. Thats what I'm talking about CC.

nuggets in 6
04-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Spurs in 6, maybe even 5, but I doubt it will go 7 games.

Are you joking? Spurs in 6 maybe even 5. Yeah i doubt the Spurs can win even 1 game at the Pepsi Center. The Spurs won't even be able to breathe there.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Already beat them once there this year...

Ishta
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Hallleujah.......... Can't wait for the slaughter to begin

GrandeDavid
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Nuggetsin6, EASY fella, after all your team is...the Nuggets? Yikes. Eek, rather.

Look, your team is having a nice moment. But it won't last. And anyone can win at the Pepsi Center. Its all just a brief high you Nuggets fans are enjoying. You all are very, very, very lucky that Tim was hobbled in Game 1.

nuggets in 6
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
We will see who lasts. The Spurs are lucky to have scored a point in the 4th quarter

Ginofan
04-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Serious talk Nuggetsin6, hope you show this much swagger after the Nuggets' first loss.

slayermin
04-25-2005, 07:56 PM
The Spurs are lucky to have scored a point in the 4th quarter

So how old are you and when did you become a Nuggets fan?

TroyF
04-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Nuggetsin6, EASY fella, after all your team is...the Nuggets? Yikes. Eek, rather.

Look, your team is having a nice moment. But it won't last. And anyone can win at the Pepsi Center. Its all just a brief high you Nuggets fans are enjoying. You all are very, very, very lucky that Tim was hobbled in Game 1.

OK, I'm confused on this one.

Maybe I'm just a dumb Nuggets fan that needs to get a new brain, but if we were "very, very, very lucky Tim was hobbled in game 1" do we expect a miracle recovery for game 2?

The Nuggets ARE very, very, very, very (go ahead and multiply that by 12) that Duncan ISN'T 100% and likely won't be throughout the course of this series. But the Nuggets are a good team who isn't just "having a nice moment"

This is a VERY good basketball team you are playing. And they aren't going to go away. For those of you thinking you'll beat the Nuggets in 5, you need to get a reality check. Yor won't beat Denver twice in a row in Denver. It just isn't going to happen.

Summers
04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I guarantee the Spurs are watching tape today and making defensive adjustments. Thats why they call it the Spurs SYSTEM...you play a team over and over again with days off in between and you can make those adjustments...

:lol They said today on the news that's *all* they did today... Two and a half hours of watching film. Fun!

I have faith that between Pop and some of the smartest players in the NBA, the Spurs can adapt and adjust. I seriously freaked out last night and went to bed depressed (It didn't help that I came here hoping for good news and found a bunch of people saying Pop should be fired and they were throwing out their Spurs souvenirs). :lol But I woke up this morning feeling like it was just one game and we know the Spurs can and will do better.

Jimcs50
04-25-2005, 08:15 PM

Here you go.

http://ak.collectiblestoday.com/images/product/150/0339351001.jpg

Feel better?

:)

Obstructed_View
04-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Why is it there has never been a Nuggets fan here until yesterday? Oh well, they'll be gone in a couple of days if their team doesn't win. I suspect that Nuggetsin6 actually roots for the Lakers.

Don't feed the trolls.

JoeChalupa
04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Series will be all tied after Wednesday night then we just need to take them OUT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/psicon/Avatars/ct6.gif

nuggets in 6
04-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Why is it there has never been a Nuggets fan here until yesterday? Oh well, they'll be gone in a couple of days if their team doesn't win. I suspect that Nuggetsin6 actually roots for the Lakers.

Don't feed the trolls.

Yes you are correct. I do root for the lakers. i am both a lakers and nuggets fan. So what? i have always liked these two teams. Im not a bandwagon fan. i hate the spurs,pistons,heat etc. I hav lived in LA and in Denver. I live in Sacramento now but i'm not about to change the teams i like. We Nuggets fans are in here because we are playing u. We want to see what you are thinking after last night and some of us just want to piss u off. like me.

TMTTRIO
04-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I can see it now. A pissed off Tim, Manu and Tony playing on Wednesday. I would actually be a little scared if I was a Nugget having to face a pissed off, won't let it happen again, Spurs team.

Summers
04-25-2005, 08:45 PM
I can see it now. A pissed off Tim, Manu and Tony playing on Wednesday. I would actually be a little scared if I was a Nugget having to face a pissed off, won't let it happen again, Spurs team.

Exactly! "You won't like me when I'm angry!" :lol The famous game face shifts from "my dog just died" to "you killed my dog... I'm gonna fuck you up!"

Ginofan
04-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Exactly! "You won't like me when I'm angry!" :lol The famous game face shifts from "my dog just died" to "you killed my dog... I'm gonna fuck you up!"

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/757/hulk25wv.jpg
:lol

nuggets in 6
04-25-2005, 08:56 PM
You guys keep tellin yourselves that.

Summers
04-25-2005, 08:57 PM
http://img97.exs.cx/img97/757/hulk25wv.jpg
:lol

Awesome! :lol

cherylsteele
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Yor won't beat Denver twice in a row in Denver. It just isn't going to happen.

Who said anything about 2 in a row in Denver?

We win wednesday, then take one in Denver...and regain HCA......a 2nd road win would only be the icing......I don't think the Nuggets will win 2 in San Antonio......the Spurs played horribly down the stretch.....if they hit a few shot and grabbed a few boards....we would have won....and then Denver would have been thinking they are in for a bummer of a series for them.