PDA

View Full Version : Sons, I underestimated the retardedness of 76ers Front Office

djohn2oo8
01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
According to a team source, the Sixers may be working out a deal with the Houston Rockets that could finally rid the team of Andre Iguodala’s talent and still take on Tracy McGrady’s bloated contract at the same time.

Sixers GM Ed Stefanski would not confirm that a deal is forthcoming, but he did classify such a trade scenario as a “win-win” for the city of Philadelphia.

“Iggy’s talent is a burden to any team trying to lose games and rebuild, which we’ve obviously been trying to do, unsuccessfully, for some time now,” Stefanski said on Friday. “If we could dump him on the Rockets and get our hands on that fat, expiring contract of McGrady’s, this team could really do some things.”

http://www.phillygameday.com/2010/01/source-sixers-could-dump-iguodala-on-rockets-for-mcgrady/

angrydude
01-02-2010, 12:15 PM
is that for real?

ffadicted
01-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I lol'ed :lol

noob cake
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Obvious 25 year-old cancer, send him to Houston please.

Technique
01-02-2010, 12:24 PM
So their goal is to have the most loses this season to improve their chances of getting John Wall?

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
From the site:

"This is a fictional news site intended for (mild) entertainment purposes only, and is in no way associated with any professional sports team or league. All of the quotes and non-famous names used on this site are fictional unless otherwise noted."

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 01:37 PM
haha that would be tampering, hence its fake

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Pretty obvious that it's fake. No way an NBA GM says that.

DAF86
01-02-2010, 02:13 PM
You also underestimated your own retardness.

blink
01-02-2010, 02:30 PM

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
then why they signed iverson

and fkn brand?

at least get rid of dalembert and brands contract...

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah most likely. Now if they get T-Mac and a first round pick out of the deal, that changes things a bit. This is a rediculously deep draft. If the 76ers could get Ed Turner, John Wall, Willie Waren etc. then it might be worth trading Iggy.

I'll be honest, Iggy is an all star level player. A great defender, an athletic scorer, but not someone you can build around. Now that Philly has fucked it up by signing Dalembert and Brand to large contracts they don't have the cap space to make any moves. Also Iggy keeps that team above water. That is why they keep getting draft picks between 10 and 15 and not the major top 5 talent they want. And Iggy is 25, the way the franchise is going he'll be 30 before they get any talent to help him win.

Back to the drawing board for the 76ers.

Would you do a T-Mac for Iggy/Dalembert trade if you were Philly?

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Here is the trade I would make:

Rockets recieve:
Iggy
Brand
Jason Smith
Dalembert

Philly recieves:
McGrady
Cook
Lowry
Battier
Anderson
Rockets first round pick

I'm sure Battier and Anderson could be packaged for expirings and this totally resets Philly's salary cap.

But in all honest if I were the GM I'd move Brand's contract before Dalembert's. Sammy might be a good trading chip next season when his contract will be up.

Yea, no way we take back Brand under any circumstances. That's probably why the deal will die in the end, unless Philly gets desperate. Also there's no way we part with Lowry unless we're getting another PG back.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Horrible trade and the Rockets aren't blowing up the core to take on not one, but TWO bad contracts. Hell no.

Rogue
01-02-2010, 07:31 PM
retardedness, we learned a new word today, thanks nigga.

robbie380
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Rockets recieve:
Iggy
Brand
Jason Smith
Dalembert

Philly recieves:
McGrady
Cook
Lowry
Battier
Anderson
Rockets first round pick

I'm sure Battier and Anderson could be packaged for expirings and this totally resets Philly's salary cap.

But in all honest if I were the GM I'd move Brand's contract before Dalembert's. Sammy might be a good trading chip next season when his contract will be up.

i know you would make that trade because it's freaking horrible for the rockets :lol

kingmalaki
01-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Rockets recieve:
Iggy
Brand
Jason Smith
Dalembert

Philly recieves:
McGrady
Cook
Lowry
Battier
Anderson
Rockets first round pick

Come on now man, you can't be serious. Why would the Rockets want the Brand and Dalembert crap contracts? And you think they would give up Battier, Lowry, Anderson and a #1....to get back to crap contracts?

Kai
01-02-2010, 08:53 PM

:lmao