PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2005 Who's better, Kobe or T-Mac?

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Stats from the two during the 5 year period:

Tracy McGrady: 74.6 Games | 44.3% FG | 35.2% 3FG | 6.8 rpg | 5.3 apg | 1.6 spg | 0.9 bpg | 2.6 topg | 27.6 ppg

Kobe Bryant: 72 Games | 45.2% FG | 33.3% 3FG | 5.9 rpg | 5.4 apg | 1.7 spg | 0.6 bpg | 3.2 topg | 27.1 ppg

BadOdor
01-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Roxx fan is bipolar. Just when you think they agree with the rest of us that lazy eyes is a no good loser bum, he comes up with a thread like this.

blink
01-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Early 2000s, it was a legit arguement.... Now, not so much

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Roxx fan is bipolar. Just when you think they agree with the rest of us that lazy eyes is a no good loser bum, he comes up with a thread like this.

Someone brought it up at work and though I'd get the board's opinion.

usdane
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Tracy McGrady: 74.6 Games | 44.3% FG | 35.2% 3FG | 6.8 rpg | 5.3 apg | 1.6 spg | 0.9 bpg | 2.6 topg | 27.6 ppg

Kobe Bryant: 72 Games | 45.2% FG | 33.3% 3FG | 5.9 rpg | 5.4 apg | 1.7 spg | 0.6 bpg | 3.2 topg | 27.1 ppg

3 rings vs. 1st round exit

Now tell your co-workers to go back to work.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 03:05 PM

1st round exit sums up Kobe perfectly w/o Shaq and Gasol.

ffadicted
01-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Oh right, because the thread clearly stated "2000-2005, Who's team was better, Kobes or T-Macs?

iggypop123
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
all this proves was there was a debate until 2005, then it died a quick death

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Double Up, why did you forget to list the 5 All-NBA Defensive teams Kobe was on between 2000-2005?

Early 2000s, it was a legit arguement.... Now, not so much

No it wasn't a legit argument to anyone who knows anything about basketball.

Pero
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
No it wasn't a legit argument to anyone who knows anything about basketball.

Exactly, it was clearly Tracy.

Double-Up
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Double Up, why did you forget to list the 5 All-NBA Defensive teams Kobe was on between 2000-2005?

Good point...I never thought about it, basically just looking at the numbers for the years above not rings or other accomplishments.

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Exactly, it was clearly Tracy.

Only ignorant people that never touched a basketball in their lifetime believed that.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Only ignorant people that never touched a basketball in their lifetime believed that.

Yeah 21_Palins like you've ever played basketball you fat crack baby.

baseline bum
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
That's like asking Duncan or Webber.

Smooth Criminal
01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
That's like asking Duncan or Webber.

I love T-Mac...but pretty much this

cobbler
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
1st round exit sums up Kobe perfectly w/o Shaq and Gasol.

No round to begin with for 20 years sums up the Celtics w/o KG or Ray. And as with your post.... has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM
No round to begin with for 20 years sums up the Celtics w/o KG or Ray.

So when the Celtics made the ECF in 2002 that's "no round to begin with"?

Mavs_man_41
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
No round to begin with for 20 years sums up the Celtics w/o KG or Ray. And as with your post.... has nothing to do with the OP's question.

17 rings > 15 rings just about sums up the lakers/celtics rivalry

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM

It's 17 rings > 10 rings :lmao

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM

just like 1 > 0 sums up the miami/dallas rivary

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
just like 1 > 0 sums up the miami/dallas rivary

What's funny is that has nothing to do with Boston or LA.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
17 rings, faggot.

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Lakers have 15 rings as a franchise.

But sure, 10 of them were won in LA.

TheMACHINE
01-02-2010, 07:20 PM
What's funny is that has nothing to do with Boston or LA.

whats funny is your stats has nothing to do with this thread.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
whats funny is your stats has nothing to do with this thread.

The fact Kobe didn't do shit w/o Shaq from 2000-2005 is very related to this thread.

Will Hunting
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Lakers have 15 rings as a franchise.

And the Sacramento Kings have a ring by that logic.

mystargtr34
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Its definately a debate ... To me it was more like Duncan vs Garnett while tim only had the one ring ... Both had similar stats while one guy had a better team .. Kobe was thebetter perimeter defender by a fair margin .. Mcgrady was a slightly better passer and finisher while Kobe had the better game from further out ...

I'd take Kobe .. But it was very close

cobbler
01-02-2010, 07:33 PM

Which will soon be fixed as well.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
It was up for debate, which is funny considering the revisionist history NOW about Kobe being the best player in the NBA since the 3-peat years..

I would have taken Kobe, but there was serious arguments involving the 2 at the time..same with a lot of people picking Carter over Kobe in 2000 and 2001 as well..

namlook
01-02-2010, 07:52 PM
And the Sacramento Kings have a ring by that logic.

WRONG. The Kings franchise has never won a ring. Count how many times the word "Kings" appears and count how many times the word "Lakers" appears on the NBA's official list of NBA Champions.

http://www.nba.com/history/finals/champions.html

namlook
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Its definately a debate ... To me it was more like Duncan vs Garnett while tim only had the one ring ... Both had similar stats while one guy had a better team .. Kobe was thebetter perimeter defender by a fair margin .. Mcgrady was a slightly better passer and finisher while Kobe had the better game from further out ...

I'd take Kobe .. But it was very close

It was close when Kobe was a young player, but now? Kobe's career blows McGrady's out of the water.

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
T-Mac and Kobe were very close but injury problems held back McGrady. Both were potent scorers who could blow up opposing teams by themselves and were pretty good defenders.

It would be interesting to see how today would pan out if T-Mac was completely healthy during all these years that he was held back with back or arm or leg or whatever problems.

namlook
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
T-Mac and Kobe were very close but injury problems held back McGrady. Both were potent scorers who could blow up opposing teams by themselves and were pretty good defenders.

It would be interesting to see how today would pan out if T-Mac was completely healthy during all these years that he was held back with back or arm or leg or whatever problems.

Same thing could be said about Bill Walton, Penny Hardaway and many others. The greatest players are great in part because their bodies are able to withstand the rigors of playing a long career.

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't think McGrady would have been as good even if he was healthy..like his cousin, they both didn't have the drive or work ethic to be all-timers..they were both more talented than Kobe, but Kobe has a legendary drive and work ethic to keep him on top of his game for a long time, while the other 2 relied on natural talent/athleticism and took their talent for granted..

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 08:12 PM
WRONG. The Kings franchise has never won a ring. Count how many times the word "Kings" appears and count how many times the word "Lakers" appears on the NBA's official list of NBA Champions.

1950-51
Rochester Royals
New York Knicks
4-3 (http://www.nba.com/history/finals/19501951.html)
http://www.nba.com/media/spacer.gifJust because they changed their name, they still have their history, the Kings have one championship as the Rochester Royals.

Smooth Criminal
01-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Play that game? I'm pretty sure there's been controversy about whether the Celtics really are the Clippers...google it

21_Blessings
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Again it is not debatable. Kobe > T-Mac during any period of their careers.

If you're still debating this:

1) you're trolling

2) irrationally hate Kobe

3) know nothing about how basketball is played

4) all of the above

Agloco
01-02-2010, 11:45 PM

Name changes don't change the fact that it's the same franchise that won the ring. Hard Fail.

Agloco
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Again it is not debatable. Kobe > T-Mac during any period of their careers.

If you're still debating this:

1) you're trolling

2) irrationally hate Kobe

3) know nothing about how basketball is played

4) all of the above

5) Or simply more intelligent and less homeristic than 21_Beastialities

Ice009
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM

How many of those seasons did Tracy have Shaq for? Having said that Kobe had a bit more killer instinct that T-Mac.

milkshakeballa
01-03-2010, 12:05 AM
def. an argument....

but kobe def. wins...everyone has to agree...

look at what kobe has done in the playoffs and look at what tmac has done...

milkshakeballa
01-03-2010, 12:05 AM
How many of those seasons did Tracy have Shaq for? Having said that Kobe had a bit more killer instinct that T-Mac.

a lot more than a bit

Unholy Turkey
01-03-2010, 12:32 AM
McGrady has a playoff scoring average of 28.53 ppg, good for 5th all time.

Kobe has 25.03 ppg.

McGrady can do something in the playoffs, given the right team.

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Like not getting out of the first round

Ice009
01-03-2010, 12:56 AM
a lot more than a bit

I wrote that in there as an under exaggeration. I thought someone might pick that out, but I can't believe even the smallest details you guys try to find to prop Kobe up.

This here is the whole thing. Kobe should be compared to a T-Mac, not guys like Tim Duncan and Shaq. If Shaq could have played the decade better in the second half Kobe would be the 3rd best player.

If you want to start comparing Kobe from say 2008 to whenever he decides to not play anymore then that would be better than constantly trying to ram him down everyone's throat.

Ice009
01-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Like not getting out of the first round

Before Gasol showed up Kobe didn't make the playoffs once and lost twice in the first round. The debate was definitely legit because you saw what Kobe did by himself with an average team. Not much more than T-Mac.

T-mac was a pretty good player. 28.3 is pretty darn good for anyone in the playoffs. Maybe with a different team he could have went further, maybe not, but he did have some amazing skill and talent.

Kobe is definitely tougher than T-Mac that is for sure, but still you can't say T-Mac is a piece of shit.

I take Kobe over him though any day of the week because I don't really like soft players and T-Mac has been soft at times to say the least.

Indazone
01-03-2010, 01:38 PM
This is a no brainer hands down.

Kobe is a better player than T-Mac. Why? Cause Kobe is a winner.

“There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and
never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to
sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in
the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual
goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest
is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades
will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and
intelligence win championships.” -Michael Jordan

FkLA
01-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Kobe got/gets the all-defensive nods based on reputation and hype. No doubt he has the ability to play great defense but he rarely utilizes that ability. Rarely will he guard the opposing team's best wing... he's had guys like Fox, George, Ariza, and now Artest to do that for him throughout his entire career. There will be the rare occasions where he'll sparingly guard guys like Tmac, Wade, Bron, etc but moreso for selfish reasons and to try to make a point that he's the best. Aside from a few obvious choices which are chosen correctly, all-defensive teams have always been a joke and you mostly see superstar guards get the nod over guys that actually earn their paycheck by playing defense. As far as Tmac being a loser and not winning, he didnt have Shaq. He's never even had anyone as good as Pau, Yao was young and wasnt ready yet when Tmac was healthy.

With that said, I choose Kobe but its alot closer than some of you homers think.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I had this debate with a co-worker (back then) and I just laughed I told him Kobe was a Hof'er and TMAC was an all-star... BIG difference.Thing was I thought it was close for a brief while but TMAC Grant hill and Penny (though hill has redemmed himself) are comets they streak hot for a whil evrybody hypes them up but in the grand schem they are found lacking what it takes to be a "MEGAstar" (Mj, Kobe, Lebron, Magic etc.)
TMac I knew was done once the back problems cropped up ...

FkLA
01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I had this debate with a co-worker (back then) and I just laughed I told him Kobe was a Hof'er and TMAC was an all-star... BIG difference.Thing was I thought it was close for a brief while but TMAC Grant hill and Penny (though hill has redemmed himself) are comets they streak hot for a whil evrybody hypes them up but in the grand schem they are found lacking what it takes to be a "MEGAstar" (Mj, Kobe, Lebron, Magic etc.)
TMac I knew was done once the back problems cropped up ...

All those players were sure HOFs as well, especially Grant Hill. Injuries just screwed them over...if Detroit wouldnt have fucked Hill's career up by playing him injured in the playoffs the year before he jetted to Orlando not only would his career be different but so would Tmac's since they wouldve formed one of the best duos in the league. I dont think they have the drive to win that guys like MJ and Kobe did but very few players do, Im pretty sure those players still had a strong drive though even if wasnt on par with MJs or Kobe's.

milkshakeballa
01-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Before Gasol showed up Kobe didn't make the playoffs once and lost twice in the first round. The debate was definitely legit because you saw what Kobe did by himself with an average team. Not much more than T-Mac.

T-mac was a pretty good player. 28.3 is pretty darn good for anyone in the playoffs. Maybe with a different team he could have went further, maybe not, but he did have some amazing skill and talent.

Kobe is definitely tougher than T-Mac that is for sure, but still you can't say T-Mac is a piece of shit.

I take Kobe over him though any day of the week because I don't really like soft players and T-Mac has been soft at times to say the least.

So retarded...

Kobe played a 60+ win Suns team and took them to 7 games

Replace Kobe with TMac and the Lakers get swept...at most go to 5 games.

Put Kobe on that Orlando Magic team....OR th houston teams

Do those teams get out of the first round???? YES OR NO?

milkshakeballa
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Kobe got/gets the all-defensive nods based on reputation and hype. No doubt he has the ability to play great defense but he rarely utilizes that ability. Rarely will he guard the opposing team's best wing... he's had guys like Fox, George, Ariza, and now Artest to do that for him throughout his entire career. There will be the rare occasions where he'll sparingly guard guys like Tmac, Wade, Bron, etc but moreso for selfish reasons and to try to make a point that he's the best. Aside from a few obvious choices which are chosen correctly, all-defensive teams have always been a joke and you mostly see superstar guards get the nod over guys that actually earn their paycheck by playing defense. As far as Tmac being a loser and not winning, he didnt have Shaq. He's never even had anyone as good as Pau, Yao was young and wasnt ready yet when Tmac was healthy.

With that said, I choose Kobe but its alot closer than some of you homers think.

This is pathetic.

I agree with you Kobe = 1 team defense on HYPE as of 2005. Shaq left and Kobe shouldered the scoring load...its obvious his D was not going be great. But the first 5 years....he didn't deserve it? That is so fucking ridiculous. He was a TOP 3 defender in the NBA at that time...as a fucking kid. Fox Horry guarded the best perimter player??? STFU if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

And I love this gem:

There will be the rare occasions where he'll sparingly guard guys like Tmac, Wade, Bron, etc but moreso for selfish reasons and to try to make a point that he's the best.

I love it....I'm not even going to address it...so sad

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 03:08 PM
McGrady has a playoff scoring average of 28.53 ppg, good for 5th all time.

Kobe has 25.03 ppg.

Yes Mcgrady can do SOMETHING in the playoffs ...sCORE! LOL!

FkLA
01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
So retarded...

Kobe played a 60+ win Suns team and took them to 7 games

Replace Kobe with TMac and the Lakers get swept...at most go to 5 games.

Put Kobe on that Orlando Magic team....OR th houston teams

Do those teams get out of the first round???? YES OR NO?

Not retarded at all...

Tmacs teams in Orlando were normally 8th seeds, and in the infamous 'feels good to get out of the first round' series they had a 3-1 lead on the 1st seed Detroit. He was far from being the reason they blew that lead...with the Houston teams I dont think they ever managed a Top 4 seed with HCA. Again they took the Mavs to 7 games that one series and yet again he was far from being the reason why they lost.

Replace Tmac with Kobe, during the Shaq years and Tmac has some rings as well.

mogrovejo
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
For those 5 years, McGrady was better.

FkLA
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
This is pathetic.

I agree with you Kobe = 1 team defense on HYPE as of 2005. Shaq left and Kobe shouldered the scoring load...its obvious his D was not going be great. But the first 5 years....he didn't deserve it? That is so fucking ridiculous. He was a TOP 3 defender in the NBA at that time...as a fucking kid. Fox Horry guarded the best perimter player??? STFU if you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

And I love this gem:

I love it....I'm not even going to address it...so sad

Kobe rarely guarded the opposing teams best players during the regular season, thats a fact go check the tapes. Kobe got rewarded for simply having the ability to be a shutdown guy not for going out and doing it. Its not like he didnt have a significant scoring load to carry when Shaq was there, he was still a focal point on offense. On defense you had guys like George or Fox guarding the best wings.

Smooth Criminal
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I wrote that in there as an under exaggeration. I thought someone might pick that out, but I can't believe even the smallest details you guys try to find to prop Kobe up.

This here is the whole thing. Kobe should be compared to a T-Mac, not guys like Tim Duncan and Shaq. If Shaq could have played the decade better in the second half Kobe would be the 3rd best player.

If you want to start comparing Kobe from say 2008 to whenever he decides to not play anymore then that would be better than constantly trying to ram him down everyone's throat.

So if 3rd Best played better he would be 2nd Best? Mind Boggling concept there.

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Kobe got/gets the all-defensive nods based on reputation and hype.

No he didn't. Kobe is an amazing defender and there is plenty of evidence of Kobe shutting down elite wing players during the playoffs and season.

No doubt he has the ability to play great defense but he rarely utilizes that ability. Rarely will he guard the opposing team's best wing... he's had guys like Fox, George, Ariza, and now Artest to do that for him throughout his entire career.

George :rollin

Kobe always got the assignment of the best wing when the game was on the line. You are seriously dumb.

There will be the rare occasions where he'll sparingly guard guys like Tmac, Wade, Bron,

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Kobe always guards Wade. He guarded Wade over Ariza and Ron - consistently shuts him down the past couple seasons. Kobe ALWAYS asked to guard T-Mac and destroyed him on both ends of the court time and time again. It was pretty obvious that Kobe was the superior player. Kobe defended James over Ariza and shut him down last season.

etc but moreso for selfish reasons and to try to make a point that he's the best. Aside from a few obvious choices which are chosen correctly, all-defensive teams have always been a joke

The only joke is a your posting. It's hilarious how little you know about basketball. NBA coaches opinion > Your retarded ignorant opinion.

and you mostly see superstar guards get the nod over guys that actually earn their paycheck by playing defense. As far as Tmac being a loser and not winning, he didnt have Shaq. He's never even had anyone as good as Pau, Yao was young and wasnt ready yet when Tmac was healthy.

T-Mac + healthy Yao = first round exit. Ron Artest + Yao = 2nd round exit

It's not even close. Never was. Never will be.

FkLA
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
The tapes dont lie...

Tmac+young Yao=no HCA and 1st round exit, no shame in that and again Tmac was far from being the reason for those exits. Side him along Shaq during the ealry 2000s when Shaq was the MDE and he'll have some rings as well. Kobe has done no better than Tmac when he has had limited talent.

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Lakers don't win in 2000, 2002 and 2009 with T-Quit.

FkLA
01-03-2010, 03:48 PM
What did Kobe do when he had Odom and Caron plus a bunch of scrubs? Failed just as miserably as Tmac. I also recall Kobe blatanly quitting on his team in Game 7 against the Suns, 'T-quit' never did that.

Muser
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Lakers win rings, but they don't 3-peat with Mac.

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
I also recall Kobe blatanly quitting on his team in Game 7 against the Suns, 'T-quit' never did that.

T-Mac would have quit on the 05/06 Lakers before the season even started. Just like he did in Orlando. Probably would have lost 18 straight again.

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Lakers win rings, but they don't 3-peat with Mac.

Even though Kobe destroyed the Spurs in 2001, T-Mac probably wins with that team. Fisher and Horry were shooting like 60% from the arc.

2000 and 2002 the Lakers would have collapsed against the Blazers/Kings with McGrady out there instead of Kobe. Not enough poise or defense.

Indazone
01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
The offense of the Rockets is made for the shot to go to the open man with lots of motion. However what I know of the motion offense is that it is built in layers and there is room for an offensive superstar. Adleman not playing T-Mac now means one of two things. 1. T-Mac is a has-been. Perhaps a step slower without the elevation in his shot 2. T-Mac is in Adleman's doghouse.

I tend to think it's a combination of the two.

That being said, I think T-Mac does better in the Triangle Offense or traditional High Pick and Roll set offense. T-Mac needs to play off the pick and roll to succeed. He belongs to another team now. It will be interesting to see if he can regain his form. I think he can.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Again sawp someone else with Kobe argument ...you guys are funny. Things Im not a "Kobe" fan I am a Laker fan but the hate thrown Kobe or the unwillingness to give him props is funny... TMAC seriously?! Great talent great scorer but shitty defender (Except first few years) and the next BIG shot he hits will be his first he (career) is not even the best player in his own family ... but as a scorer for those 5 years? Few have done it better than TMAC ...in those 5 years the best SCORERs were TMAC and AI ...better player? Kobe and Duncan

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Kobe has seasons @ 28 and 30 ppg next to Shaq demanding the ball. If Kobe was stuck on a shitty eastern conference team he would have been outscoring both T-Mac and Iverson and doing it more efficiently. They were never better scorers than Kobe. Not when Kobe had a developed post-game, fadeaway since his early 20's.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Kobe has seasons @ 28 and 30 ppg next to Shaq demanding the ball. If Kobe was stuck on a shitty eastern conference team he would have been outscoring both T-Mac and Iverson and doing it more efficiently. They were never better scorers than Kobe. Not when Kobe had a developed post-game, fadeaway since his early 20's.

Agreed 21 blessing but that is a hypothetical. Just as if TMAC was on Lakers he would have 4 rings ...you cant have it both ways. Thing that is funny Kobe critics use stats to make arguments for players (MJ, Lebron, Wade) being better than Kobe but when that fails they us bullshit hypotheticals such as swap: Melo pierce joe johnson or Wade ...

Not a big stat guy or in to hypotheticals ...
Kobe is and was better but TMAC put up numbers he was the better scorer Kobe the better player ...

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Agreed 21 blessing but that is a hypothetical. Just as if TMAC was on Lakers he would have 4 rings

TMAC wouldn't have 4 rings if he was on the Lakers. Kobe scoring lots of points in his athletic prime on a shitty eastern team with no Shaq to defer to is a certainty.

Kobe is and was better but TMAC put up numbers he was the better scorer Kobe the better player ...

Kobe had the much better post-game, was more clutch, and a more consistent mid-range jumper. I'll take that scoring skillset over Orlando T-Mac's iso dribbling top of the key for 20 seconds and launching long 2 and 3 pointers most of the game. Mostly resulting in a loss.

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 05:16 PM
TMAC wouldn't have 4 rings if he was on the Lakers. Kobe scoring lots of points in his athletic prime on a shitty eastern team with no Shaq to defer to is a certainty.

Kobe had the much better post-game, was more clutch, and a more consistent mid-range jumper. I'll take that scoring skillset over Orlando T-Mac's iso dribbling top of the key for 20 seconds and launching long 2 and 3 pointers most of the game. Mostly resulting in a loss.

I am not saying THAT I was pointing to Kobe's detractors ...
I am just saying for MY argument I dont just go by stats or hypotheticals ....
I think we BOTH agree that Kobe is better but I just said TMAC was better scorer ...becuase you are correct he was the main option for a shitty tem and a weak conference but the scoring titles he won does put him in select company ...

21_Blessings
01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Well you're confusing Killkobe. You said Mac was the better scorer because he had better scoring numbers. Then you say you don't go by stats.

I'm not saying T-Mac wasn't a ridiculous scorer because he was. I even bought his shoes a couple times back in the day and used some of his moves in pick up basketball. But he wasn't on Kobe's level - which isn't an insult considering Kobe's already one of the top 10 players of all-time at only 31..

Indazone
01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
T-Mac should not be done by any means. He is only 30 years old. If nothing he should be at his basketball playing peak. He gets over this injury, he'll be as good as he ever was.

mavsfan1000
01-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Good thread. T-Mac had nothing in his prime years. Kobe had Shaq who was the most dominating player. I think T-Mac would've had the same success as Kobe if he was in place of Kobe through the Shaq years. Injuries have totally taken its toll on T-Mac and he won't ever be the same again.

Roxsfan
01-03-2010, 11:07 PM

How depressing........tmac was a bad ass. I take tmac back then. Kobe wins with longevity, durabilty and titles. So sad for mac, and the rox.

Unholy Turkey
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
During the 1st round exit years Kobe, his best teammate was Lamar Odom right?

That's much better than anything T-mac had in his Orlando days

Chieflion
01-04-2010, 12:15 AM
During the 1st round exit years Kobe, his best teammate was Lamar Odom right?

That's much better than anything T-mac had in his Orlando days
We gotta be fair. Lets forget about 2006 onwards. Kobe only won with Shaq and could not lead his 2005 team to the playoffs. So I pick T-Mac from 2000-2005.