PDA

View Full Version : The East is Least once again

gmartin02
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Just crunched some numbers - after a couple of somewhat more competitive seasons, the Leastern Conference teams are getting hammered again by the Western Conference teams.

As of right now (I just added up the #s real quick) the tally is:

West vs. Least - 109 wins, 73 losses (and vice versa for the Least) - that is .599% to .401%.

The order of the universe has been restored (i.e. the Leastern Conference sucks)

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
To be fair, the draft helped a lot. This is what broke down.

Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings. These were the teams who drafted the first four.

Their records are now at least respectable. Clippers, being the only exception, we are waiting to see Griffin.

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
A lot of non-seeding teams in the West would make the Eastern playoffs right now, especially Memphis. I don't know how the NBA was able to alter US geography and move them to the West :lol

nhan
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
To be fair, the draft helped a lot. This is what broke down.

Clippers, Grizzlies, Thunder, Kings. These were the teams who drafted the first four.

Their records are now at least respectable. Clippers, being the only exception, we are waiting to see Griffin.

Only Tyreke Evans has had a major impact for their team. Harden has made some contributions, but the Thunder's success has more to do with all the players becoming even better like Westbrook. Thabeet hasn't done shit.

mogrovejo
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Who cares about the middle-class and the bottom dwellers? Boston, Orlando, Cleveland and Atlanta play in the East.

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Only Tyreke Evans has had a major impact for their team. Harden has made some contributions, but the Thunder's success has more to do with all the players becoming even better like Westbrook. Thabeet hasn't done shit.
What? Watch some games. His impact cannot be measured with stats.

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Most people don't watch Memphis because of Thabeet anyway.

They watch Gasol, Gay and DA JUICE.

Tacker
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Just crunched some numbers - after a couple of somewhat more competitive seasons, the Leastern Conference teams are getting hammered again by the Western Conference teams.

As of right now (I just added up the #s real quick) the tally is:

West vs. Least - 109 wins, 73 losses (and vice versa for the Least) - that is .599% to .401%.

The order of the universe has been restored (i.e. the Leastern Conference sucks)

No you didn't you have no life and spent the entire day counting them.

balli
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Who cares about the middle-class and the bottom dwellers? Boston, Orlando, Cleveland and Atlanta play in the East.
I tend to agree with this. There are a lot of bad teams in the East, but there's not anybody out West, besides LA, who's really stood out more so than the big 4 in the East.

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Most people don't watch Memphis because of Thabeet anyway.

They watch Gasol, Gay and DA JUICE.
Thabeet's defense is incredible. I am watching the Grizzlies game now and when Thabeet was on the court, no one attacked the paint against them, they all started chucking jumpers. Barbosa started to play like the dumbest idiot of all time after Thabeet rejected Amar'e at the rim. The Grizzlies then went on to build a big lead.

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 10:20 PM
They're up 20 on the Suns right now. The Grizz are surging.

Was that Pau Gasol trade really bad for the long term?

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
They're up 20 on the Suns right now. The Grizz are surging.

Was that Pau Gasol trade really bad for the long term?
Do I have to unretire O.J Mayo to tell you Zach Randolph is playing better than Pau Gasol ever did on the Grizzlies?

Venti Quattro
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Do I have to unretire O.J Mayo to tell you Zach Randolph is playing better than Pau Gasol ever did on the Grizzlies?

No. I can clearly see it

gmartin02
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Who cares about the middle-class and the bottom dwellers? Boston, Orlando, Cleveland and Atlanta play in the East.Those teams regular season records will always look better because they play the majority of their games against lousy Leastern Conference teams. Boston is pretty top notch when healthy, but those other 3 teams have never done anything significant in the post season - how many NBA championships do those 4 teams have in the last 10 years? 1 How many Finals appearances? 2
The top 4 teams in the West standings have 8 NBA championships & 10 Finals appearances in the last 10 years (all Lakers & Spurs, with Kobe & Duncan still going strong this year) - the only team in the Least that has a shot at the title this year is Boston (if they can stay healthy, which is questionable).

Lakers or Spurs will probably win the championship this year (which ever team stays healthy at the end of the season). They are both playing the best ball in the West right now.

gmartin02
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
I tend to agree with this. There are a lot of bad teams in the East, but there's not anybody out West, besides LA, who's really stood out more so than the big 4 in the East.I disagree - the Spurs have won 11 out of their last 13 & 5 in a row, now that they seem to be healthy - they are the most dangerous, experienced championship team when healthy (along with the Lakers, when healthy).

gmartin02
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
No you didn't you have no life and spent the entire day counting them.Fuck you - it took me 3 minutes - I actually do have a life (nice house, nice job, hot wife, cool kids). Just because it would take you all day to count the numbers doesn't mean it takes me that long - go back to flipping your burgers at McDonald's - I think the intellectual challenge of this forum is too much for you.

Basketballgirl25
01-03-2010, 02:06 AM
East has better player, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Howard, etc.

West has Kobe nuff said West teams will start losing more after all-star break, you will see:toast

JoeTait75
01-03-2010, 02:19 AM
I tend to agree with this. There are a lot of bad teams in the East, but there's not anybody out West, besides LA, who's really stood out more so than the big 4 in the East.

Might want to make that a Big 3. Atlanta just lost at home to the Knicks. They're a good team but nowhere near elite.

Of course, placing the Hawks in the same class as Boston, Cleveland and Orlando isn't as ridiculous as thinking the Spurs have a chance to win the title, like the OP does.

mystargtr34
01-03-2010, 02:29 AM
I think Cleveland Boston and Orlando are all better than the West outside of the Lakers .. but there's more crappy teams in the east like always .. Mainly because the west cellar dwellers keep gettin the lottery balls

Basketballgirl25
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I think Cleveland Boston and Orlando are all better than the West outside of the Lakers .. but there's more crappy teams in the east like always .. Mainly because the west cellar dwellers keep gettin the lottery balls

bingo, if east teams get the lottery balls it will even out, and I think it has started to even out more, because like you said Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando are all better than the West outside the Lakers:toast

GuerillaBlack
01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
A lot of non-seeding teams in the West would make the Eastern playoffs right now, especially Memphis. I don't know how the NBA was able to alter US geography and move them to the West :lol

Memphis suck financially. Seattle needs to build an arena and Memphis should move there. Then, bring OKC into the SW Division.

Everyone is happy.

Hornets1
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Hornets are Tied at #10 in the West. They would be #6 in the East. Nuff said