PDA

View Full Version : Here is what's sad in the Kobe/MJ debate

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
First of all. You cannot fucking compare the two until Kobe retires. First and foremost. His career is not finished. He has a LONG way to go. The guy is only 31 years old.

Will he reach Jordan? WHo knows...its going to be tough. Jordan was incredible. Top 2 of all-time if not GOAT.

But fuck....there are SO many people who HATE....HATE kobe that they are fucking missing greatness. Can anybody argue against him being top 5/6 all-time? No...so fucking experience this...stop blindly hating the fucking guy because he murders your fucking team. Just enjoy it.

For example....I HATED the fucking Suns circa 07. I detested D'Antoni. Raja Bell. I hated the fuck out of those guys. I hated Nash on defense. But god damn I appreciated what he did on the offensive half of the court. The guy is a fucking wizard on O. It is beautiful to watch.

I'm lucky to have been able to witness him.

A lot of you people aren't going to be able to say the samehting in regards to Kobe...and that fucking sucks for you.

Tacker
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/i_am_a_cat_with_a_human_body_your_argument_is_inva lid.png

Spursfan092120
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
You know what? You're partially right. A lot of people will never mention how great Kobe was because of their hatred for him. But I don't hate Kobe. I think Kobe is the best player alive today. But he'll never be Jordan...never. The rules have changed, msb...When Jordan played, there was no hand check rule. The guard could be pushed around, thrown around, and fouls wouldn't be called. Nowadays, you so much as place your palm on a guard and a foul is called, making it impossible to play defense. He won't get there because of things like that.

ElNono
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/2a8kq2q.gif

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:30 PM
The thing that is sad about this debate is that there shouldn't be a debate. The only reason why there even is a debate is because of all the Kobe nuthuggers.

ElNono
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Attention Lakerfan: There's already two other threads about Kobe... please stop starting threads just for attention whoring...

duhoh
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM
The thing that is sad about this debate is that there shouldn't be a debate. The only reason why there even is a debate is because of all the Kobe nuthuggers.

:tu

HarlemHeat37
01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
LOL I can easily argue against Kobe for top 5-6 all-time, it isn't difficult..

Making an argument for Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq and Duncan would be very easy..you may not agree that all those guys have been better, but we can EASILY make an argument..

Chieflion
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
LOL I can easily argue against Kobe for top 5-6 all-time, it isn't difficult..

Making an argument for Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Magic, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq and Duncan would be very easy..you may not agree that all those guys have been better, but we can EASILY make an argument..
Kobe is not even the greatest Laker of all time. Since Jordan is better than Magic, he is better than Kobe. /thread

The Franchise
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
There is nothing worse than to lie to yourself. Sad, sad stuff Laker fans.

23LeBronJames23
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I dont hate Kobe I only hate his fans that hate LeBron & Cavs.

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
If Kobe was TRULY great, I would have said so.

I laugh at this debate because I can see with my own eyes Kobe benefits from HYPE and bullshit myth

He's NOT the best closer in the NBA today. Look at the stats. LeBron, Melo, there are 10 players who have better clutch time stats than he does, more game winners than he does.

His defense is OVERRATED. Kobe on the first team all-defense last year was a FUCKING JOKE, and any fan who paid attention will agree.

Kobe CANNOT dominate a game and do something magical like Jordan, Larry, Magic, and all the greats could. he just can't. I don't see shit.

What I do see, is him jacking up UGLY shots, missing 3 of them, and then his TEAM keeps him in the game, and he makes a shitty 3 pointer with a man in his face, and gets credit for it.

What I do see, is Kobe elbowing people in the face, whining to the referees, and pushing players out of the way to get an open shot and not have a foul called on him.

Get the fuck out of here.

If he truly was there, you wouldn't have so much dissent.

baseline bum
01-02-2010, 10:55 PM
But fuck....there are SO many people who HATE....HATE kobe that they are fucking missing greatness. Can anybody argue against him being top 5/6 all-time? No...so fucking experience this...stop blindly hating the fucking guy because he murders your fucking team. Just enjoy it.

Better careers than Kobe:
1) Michael Jordan
2) Magic Johnson
3) Larry Bird
4) Wilt Chamberlain
5) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6) Shaquille O'Neal
7) Hakeem Olajuwon
8) Tim Duncan

Kobe ain't top 6 yet. It could happen, but it's ridiculous to count championships before they have been won.

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM
YOu guys do what you gotta do....I'm not going to fuckign argue non stop about it....deep down you guys know...deep down I know.....Kobe is fucking amazing....

if you guys want to talk BULLSHIT and hate then by my guest....its your fucking loss

:cheers:

DAF86
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
First of all. You cannot fucking compare the two until Kobe retires. First and foremost. His career is not finished. He has a LONG way to go. The guy is only 31 years old.

Will he reach Jordan? WHo knows...its going to be tough. Jordan was incredible. Top 2 of all-time if not GOAT.

For example....I HATED the fucking Suns circa 07. I detested D'Antoni. Raja Bell. I hated the fuck out of those guys. I hated Nash on defense. But god damn I appreciated what he did on the offensive half of the court. The guy is a fucking wizard on O. It is beautiful to watch.

A lot of you people aren't going to be able to say the samehting in regards to Kobe...and that fucking sucks for you.

Are you on drugs or something?

Out of the ones I've seen: Jordan, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Olajuwon and even though Lebron doesn't have the accolades yet he is better than Kobe right now. You had to add to this list guys like Wilt, Kareem, Russell, etc.

I could even argue about him beign a top 10 player of all time.

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
No, really, it's not my loss

When I see the real deal on the court, I will say it.

The only guy I see, in the entire NBA, that has a chance at challenging Mike, is LeBron. He's only 25...

PGDynasty24
01-02-2010, 11:06 PM
The thing i dont like about the Kobe/MJ debate that is that people have to bash on one of them in order to praise another

DAF86
01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
YOu guys do what you gotta do....I'm not going to fuckign argue non stop about it....deep down you guys know...deep down I know.....Kobe is fucking amazing....

if you guys want to talk BULLSHIT and hate then by my guest....its your fucking loss

:cheers:

Seriously man, Kobe is great but he isn't as great as you think.

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 11:07 PM
The thing i dont like about the Kobe/MJ debate that is that people have to bash on one of them in order to praise another

this....fuck...appreciate both of them god damn

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 11:08 PM

You = troll for that statement

All I see is people shitting all over Kobe by filling pages with MJ's accomplishments

kobe can't even touch him.

I don't even waste my time bashing Kobe. I shit all over him by posting MJ's stats and accomplishments.

That's enough

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Seriously man, Kobe is great but he isn't as great as you think.

he has only finished HALF his fukcing career....

no matter what SIDE of the argument you are on....you cannot fucking talk about his career like its over...

what if he retires with 8 rings...wat r people going to say then???

MiamiHeat
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
How about you bother us with this garbage then?

or should I make a thread about LeBron and how he is going to win more rings than the entire Laker franchise history?

or maybe we should all STFU and wait?

DAF86
01-02-2010, 11:12 PM
this....fuck...appreciate both of them god damn

Kobe is one of the best basketball players I've seen in my life. There, happy? but he isn't a top 6 player of all time by any means, he lacks a little bit of efficency to be placed in that position.

DAF86
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM

no matter what SIDE of the argument you are on....you cannot fucking talk about his career like its over...

Half? more like 3/4 at best. And it's not a matter of how many rings he collects, that's a team's aspect. It's about his individual performance and how much influence he has in helping his team win those rings. For ex., You are a Lakers fan you should know that Kobe's influence in last year's championship wasn't bigger than Shaq's influence on the three peat LA had at the begging of the decade.

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Kobe is one of the best basketball players I've seen in my life. There, happy? but he isn't a top 6 player of all time by any means, he lacks a little bit of efficency to be placed in that position.

lets wait til his career is over then talk!

milkshakeballa
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Kobe is a GREAT PLAYER, an AMAZING PLAYER, but MJ > KOBE

i agree 100% at this time.

and most likely thats going be the case when kobe retires...

but god damn havent people learned NOT to doubt #24??? i think everybody knows he is gunning to be considered better than jordan.....

nothing we can do cept sit and watch until its over....

there is ZERO point in arguing AD FUCKIGN NASEUM EVERYDAY using up all of Kori's bandwith about this fucking stupid topic..

DAF86
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM
lets wait til his career is over then talk!

OK, I can agree with that but then why the hell did you say that nobody can argue against him already being a top 5/6 player of all-time?

Banzai
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
What is sad about the debate is that there are debate threads still being created.

23LeBronJames23
01-02-2010, 11:29 PM

DAMN Son, Kobe is gonna play until he is 45 years old???

Smooth Criminal
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
There is nothing worse than to lie to yourself. Sad, sad stuff Laker fans.

Why plural? The only Laker Fan in this thread up to your post was milkshakeballa

Metheny
01-03-2010, 12:06 AM
first off the argument is soo dumb its like comparing a god to a human MJ wins in all categories hes the greatest of all time. Why don't people compare kobe to johnson? thats what i don't get? Well then again johnson owns his resume as well

DAF86
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
OK, I can agree with that but then why the hell did you say that nobody can argue against him already being a top 5/6 player of all-time?

Kobe might not even be the 5th or 6th best player to have played for the Lakers.

Smooth Criminal
01-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Kobe might not even be the 5th or 6th best player to have played for the Lakers.

:bang Asinine comments like this hurt my faith in humanity.

Metheny
01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
well think about it wilt,west,shaq,kareem,magic hmmm that is a possibility!

Spursmania
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM
i agree 100% at this time.

and most likely thats going be the case when kobe retires...

but god damn havent people learned NOT to doubt #24??? i think everybody knows he is gunning to be considered better than jordan.....

nothing we can do cept sit and watch until its over....

there is ZERO point in arguing AD FUCKIGN NASEUM EVERYDAY using up all of Kori's bandwith about this fucking stupid topic..

You started the thread:lol

DAF86
01-03-2010, 01:44 AM
:bang Asinine comments like this hurt my faith in humanity.

well think about it wilt,west,shaq,kareem,magic hmmm that is a possibility!

Add Mikan to that list, I don't know what's so asinine about my comment.

LakasRool4eva
01-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Better careers than Kobe:
1) Michael Jordan
2) Magic Johnson
3) Larry Bird more ships
4) Wilt Chamberlain
5) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
6) Shaquille O'Neal more ships after this year
7) Hakeem Olajuwon more ships
8) Tim Duncan more ships after this year & better at scoring

and guess what???? he's just getting started........................

Why So Serious
01-03-2010, 02:03 AM
i am sorry but jordan > kobe.

and why do people have to generalize b.s. about what one laker fan says and apply it to us all :rolleyes

but then we have these trolls who insist that kobe is not clutch that kobe isn't a top 5 Laker of all time again :rolleyes

kobe is a top 10-15 player of all time and could end up higher, but it's unfortunate that people continually bash him for banging a chick who was psychotic and said he raped her.

judge him for his basketball skills not his bedroom skills or are you guys interested in that stuff..

wijayas
01-03-2010, 08:41 AM

We hate Kobe because he is a rapist who can get away with paying off everybody...

But most importantly, I hate Kobe for his giving up an important Game 7.

Muser
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
What is sad about the debate is that there are debate threads still being created.

This.

SpuronyourFace
01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Kobe is great, but Jordan he is not and never will be.

Jordan never had to ride Shaq's coat tails to 3 championships.

Shaq's career>Kobe's career

exstatic
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM

WHAT???? And you call US delusional? Kobe has maybe another year or two in elite status. The league will pimp him a LOT longer than that, but the fact is, you'll defend him one on one after that, much like the league is doing to Duncan now, and take whatever damage he dishes to not allow the role players to be a factor. End of championship window, especially if Phil waddles off into retirement.

baseline bum
01-03-2010, 05:06 PM
and guess what???? he's just getting started........................

Just getting started? He's 31.

DPG21920
01-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Do most Laker fans think like this?

Killakobe81
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Kobe's probaly got 2 elite years and 2 more all-star years I would say title window is at 3 years if no major moves are made ...my guess is Kobe stops at 36 ...
As far as 1 on 1 coverage I would take even at 34 ....

Gutter92
01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I stopped reading when you said Jordan was top 2 all time, and "MAYBE" goat.

Metheny
01-03-2010, 06:27 PM

k hes only 31 years old and he has sooo many things to do that are unreachable.... hmmmm?

MJ > Kobe

DazedAndConfused
01-03-2010, 07:26 PM
What Laker fans and Kobe fans need to realize is that Kobe haters will stop at nothing to denigrate his accomplishments. It won't matter if Kobe ends up with 7 rings, they simply won't stop. They will always find something to hate on because that's what they are, haters.

I'm fortunate to be witnessing the greatness that is Kobe Bryant every single night he plays for the Lakers. It's truly an honor to watch him. Say what you want about his personal life, but on the court he's one of the best the NBA has ever seen.

mojorizen7
01-04-2010, 01:41 AM
If Kobe was TRULY great, I would have said so.

I laugh at this debate because I can see with my own eyes Kobe benefits from HYPE and bullshit myth

He's NOT the best closer in the NBA today. Look at the stats. LeBron, Melo, there are 10 players who have better clutch time stats than he does, more game winners than he does.

His defense is OVERRATED. Kobe on the first team all-defense last year was a FUCKING JOKE, and any fan who paid attention will agree.

Kobe CANNOT dominate a game and do something magical like Jordan, Larry, Magic, and all the greats could. he just can't. I don't see shit.

What I do see, is him jacking up UGLY shots, missing 3 of them, and then his TEAM keeps him in the game, and he makes a shitty 3 pointer with a man in his face, and gets credit for it.

What I do see, is Kobe elbowing people in the face, whining to the referees, and pushing players out of the way to get an open shot and not have a foul called on him.

Get the fuck out of here.

If he truly was there, you wouldn't have so much dissent.

Rack 'em Willie. :toast

namlook
01-04-2010, 01:48 AM
No one can argue with hate, it's useless. These people live in a delusional world.

MiamiHeat
01-04-2010, 02:44 AM
What Laker fans and Kobe fans need to realize is that Kobe haters will stop at nothing to denigrate his accomplishments. It won't matter if Kobe ends up with 7 rings, they simply won't stop. They will always find something to hate on because that's what they are, haters.

I'm fortunate to be witnessing the greatness that is Kobe Bryant every single night he plays for the Lakers. It's truly an honor to watch him. Say what you want about his personal life, but on the court he's one of the best the NBA has ever seen.

Let's look at kobe's accomplishments

1 League Mvp
4 rings (3 as a role player, 1 as finals mvp)
2 scoring titles

the past 3 seasons regarded as the 1A or 1B to LeBron or Wade

OK?

and this makes him even CLOSE to MJ?

It doesn't even scratch Magic or Kareem.

milkshakeballa
01-04-2010, 02:59 AM
the past 3 seasons regarded as the 1A or 1B to LeBron or Wade

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

MiamiHeat
01-04-2010, 03:05 AM
nGmal8Q9_ZU

Obstructed_View
02-16-2012, 06:33 AM

"Kobe > Horry"

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Kobe Bryant is the most overrated NBA player that I've ever witnessed. That includes Allen Iverson.

ohmwrecker
02-16-2012, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't call Iverson overrated since he seems to be unilaterally disrespected and vilified.

stretch
02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Kobe Bryant is the most overrated NBA player that I've ever witnessed. That includes Allen Iverson.

I have speculated if you were fucking retarded.

My speculations have been confirmed.

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't call Iverson overrated since he seems to be unilaterally disrespected and vilified.

Maybe not as much anymore, because he's gone and retired, but there was a time this guy was so overrated it was laughable.

ohmwrecker
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Maybe not as much anymore, because he's gone and retired, but there was a time this guy was so overrated it was laughable.

There was also a time when he was a total badass.

Kewni Leonard
02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
There was also a time when he was a total badass.

For his height, I guess.

ohmwrecker
02-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Ok

Killakobe81
02-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Haven't read entire thread, but the Kobe passing MJ ship sailed a long time ago.

Only current player with a outside shot of passing MJ is Lebron ... and maybe Lin the way the media is sucking him off right now. :lol

Great story but I listened to Legler do two whole segments on Jeremy on my way to work. Come on, man. The guy is a great story, but jeez. What about the tear Lebron is on. Or even the 9 game spurs win streak? Parker has been amazing even better than Lin the past few games but nada.

I dont blame stars for seeking NY or LA, everything you do good (and bad) is magnified ...

Killakobe81
02-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Also, Kobe may be overrated to some degree, especially those that think he is = or > than MJ ... but KL is not a very bright poster if he believes the shit he is shoveling ...

DMC
02-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Wow, 2 year old thread get's fishes.