PDA

View Full Version : Great Defense Suns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
What a pathetic performance. I hope they had a lot of fun.

IronMexican
01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Nash had fun though

pauls931
01-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Was lopez a swattin' mad man? You didn't suffer the misfortune of being there did you?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Was lopez a swattin' mad man? You didn't suffer the misfortune of being there did you?

No, fortunately I missed most of it. I don't get how two days of rest at home led to that.

pauls931
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Dragic looked like he did a little damage, but only 1 assist. What really stands out is Amare with only 6 rebounds, he should be grabbing double that.

mojorizen7
01-03-2010, 01:09 AM
I would say that giving up 128 points to Memphis in your own house is what stands out.
The honeymoon jerk each other off period for those that claimed this was a better defensive team is over.

Zach Randolph looking like Karl Malone,GRIZZ shoot 56% from the field.....
GRIZZ pound our (cough)front line on the glass.

JRich? 4 points and 3 personal fouls.

Grant Hill has scored in double figures only twice in the last seven games.

It looks like Channing Frye is going to be the X factor this season:rolleyes....(instead of JRich).

Playoff cannon fodder folks.:greedy:greedy:greedy:greedy

pauls931
01-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Basically the defense is the same, just without standouts like Marion and Bell present to compensate for the system. They need to bring in a defensive presence until they blow the team up (when nash leaves). Gentry has to know something about defense and I"m guessing other teams are not getting every easy point going at nash one on one or on picks.

Chieflion
01-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I watched the game and I thought the Suns were getting abused on the boards. The Grizzlies were already shooting at an awfully high percentage and they somehow always get the offensive rebound even when they miss.

MiamiHeat
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
D'Antoni ruined Amare.

Amare will forever be a sissy man, offense only now because of his introduction into the NBA with Run N Gun basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
D'Antoni ruined Amare.

Amare will forever be a sissy man, offense only now because of his introduction into the NBA with Run N Gun basketball.

He killed Amare offensively as well. He turned Amare into a one dimensional scorer who only knows how to score on a dime, he never let Amare develop a back to the basket game. Overall Antoni is a horrible basketball coach and people are starting to see that.

wanggi
01-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Amundson-5 blocks, 7 rebounds(5 off-reb), 1 steal and 14 points in 22 minutes.

Chieflion
01-03-2010, 10:15 AM
He killed Amare offensively as well. He turned Amare into a one dimensional scorer who only knows how to score on a dime, he never let Amare develop a back to the basket game. Overall Antoni is a horrible basketball coach and people are starting to see that.
I don't know why, but Amar'e reminds me a lot of Antonio McDyess. Amar'e is good at those mid range jump shots but I never really see him post up, just like Dice.

pauls931
01-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Amundson-5 blocks, 7rebounds(5 off-reb), 14 points in 22 minutes.

Amundson - full of hustle
Dudley - smarts

Too bad the above attributes are rare in gifted athletes.