PDA

View Full Version : Bush regime released Detroit plane blow up plotter

Fabbs
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
The "tough on terror" slugs Bush and Chaney.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/northwest-flight-253-al-qaeda-leaders-terror-plot/story?id=9434065

And yet board repugs will criticise Obamas efforts get the economy rolling and to end the farce war Bushie started and drained the US economy for eight years....

excerpt:
American officials agreed to send the terrorist from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia, where he entered into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" and was set free, according to U.S. and Saudi officials. ABC News described his enrollment in the art therapy program in a January report. (See video to the left.)

spursncowboys
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
What a coincidence that ABCNEws thought it news worthy to put this out. I wonder if it was news worthy at the time?

doobs
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
So Fabbs, would you agree that Obama should not close down Gitmo?

Fabbs
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
So Fabbs, would you agree that Obama should not close down Gitmo?
Absotively.

What do you think about Bushie setting him free to terrorize all over again?

boutons_deux
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
The US shouldn't imprison any human that it can't convict of crimes.

The inhumane/dehumanizing treatment of Gitmo and "exceptionally renditioned" tortured others very probably did a lot to turn these guys into terrorists and killers, devaluing their own lives and hating the US even more than before they were captured.

I read where 50%+ American favor torturing the underpants bomber.

How far America has fallen from its self-aggrandizing pedestal as exceptional "better" than the rest of the world. Or maybe America never was really "better" than the rest of the world?

ChumpDumper
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
What a coincidence that ABCNEws thought it news worthy to put this out.Does Fox think it worthy to run at this time?

Do you think it is worthy of running?

I wonder if it was news worthy at the time?Actually, they posted a report that he had joined al-Qaeda in Yemen almost a year ago.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=6714422

I guess you didn't think it was worthy back then.

SouthernFried
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
So I guess we're all agreed then.

What OBAMA's doing now is really dumb too, eh?

ChumpDumper
01-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Closing Gitmo and trying detainees aren't necessarily dumb, eh.

Fabbs
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Board Repugs, you're hiding.
bok bok bok bok

spursncowboys
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Wait. First it was against our country's beliefs to hold terrorists indefinitely? Now when Bush is forced to release these terrorists, it is his fault?:lol
The fault goes to the idea of fighting a war through untestested progressive anti-American programs.
I read somewhere that 60% of the guys released from Gitmo end up fighting us again.

spursncowboys
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Closing Gitmo and trying detainees aren't necessarily dumb, eh.
Holding terrorists indefinitely, off America's shores is not necessarily dumb eh?
Returning terrorists to their country, even if it means they will get imprisoned inhumanely, is not necessarily dumb eh?

Yonivore
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Absotively.

What do you think about Bushie setting him free to terrorize all over again?
I think had it not been for the ACLU and Democrats (combined with the constant harping of a liberal press) dragging the Bush administration into court over the Gitmo detainees, the Bush administration wouldn't have released any of them and that bastard would still be rotting in a jail cell.

Democrats have a very short memory...

EmptyMan
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM
The "tough on terror" slugs Bush and Chaney.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/northwest-flight-253-al-qaeda-leaders-terror-plot/story?id=9434065

And yet board repugs will criticise Obamas efforts get the economy rolling and to end the farce war Bushie started and drained the US economy for eight years....

excerpt:
American officials agreed to send the terrorist from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia, where he entered into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" and was set free, according to U.S. and Saudi officials. ABC News described his enrollment in the art therapy program in a January report. (See video to the left.)

Should have just tortured him and left the corpse in a cell in gitmo instead of believing in rehabilitation and listening to the libs.

Got it.

Yonivore
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Should have just tortured him and left the corpse in a cell in gitmo instead of believing in rehabilitation and listening to the libs.

Got it.
I would have settled for detaining him.

I think it's pretty funny that Gitmo prisoners are now threatening to sue Obama for his whacky idea of moving them from Cuba to Illinois. Apparently, conditions are so bad for them down there they'd rather endure them than be moved to a state-of-the-art maximum security prison in the States.

Wild Cobra
01-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Wait. First it was against our country's beliefs to hold terrorists indefinitely? Now when Bush is forced to release these terrorists, it is his fault?:lol
The fault goes to the idea of fighting a war through untestested progressive anti-American programs.
I read somewhere that 60% of the guys released from Gitmo end up fighting us again.

No kidding.

The board libtards keep getting more stupid as time goes by.

Wild Cobra
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
The US shouldn't imprison any human that it can't convict of crimes.

Prosecute by what standards? If you mean a military tribunal, then I agree. If you mean by what the US laws have become, you are dead wrong.

The inhumane/dehumanizing treatment of Gitmo and "exceptionally renditioned" tortured others very probably did a lot to turn these guys into terrorists and killers, devaluing their own lives and hating the US even more than before they were captured.

Do you have any evidence of that? I think not. Assuming this was as bad as it's made out to be, I think it's safe to say this only happened to prisoners who we knew had actionable intelligence that was needed.

I read where 50%+ American favor torturing the underpants bomber.

I think he is tourured enough. He probably doesn't have anything viable left in his pants!

How far America has fallen from its self-aggrandizing pedestal as exceptional "better" than the rest of the world. Or maybe America never was really "better" than the rest of the world?

No, we have only fallen because of pussy libtards like you.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Holding terrorists indefinitely, off America's shores is not necessarily dumb eh?
Returning terrorists to their country, even if it means they will get imprisoned inhumanely, is not necessarily dumb eh?You can hold them indefinitely in the US as well, idiot.

Wild Cobra
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Well, I finally stop ignoring Chumpy, and he still spews his ignorant shit.
Does Fox think it worthy to run at this time?

It has been reported by Fox long ago. Why should they do it again, when the other networks are already behind, pushing this off as blame now?

Do you think it is worthy of running?

Not in it's slanted cherry-picking fashion. Fox also release a similar report on the same day as the ABC story. This story from Fox probably puts it in perspective better though:

Obama Talks to Yemen President About Future of Yemenis Held at Guantanamo (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/08/obama-talks-yemen-president-future-yemenis-held-guantanamo/)

Few dispute that Saudi Arabia has one of the most successful jihadist rehabilitation programs in the world. Thousands of extremists, including Guantanamo detainees, have received job training, psychological therapy and religious re-education before being sent back to society. The vast majority have not rejoined the fight, according to Saudi officials and terrorism experts.

Yet some have. In an embarrassing episode for the kingdom, Saudi officials announced in February that 11 former Guantanamo detainees who went through the rehab program are now on its government's most wanted terrorist list for their connections to al-Qaida. Among them is Said Ali al-Shihri, who emerged as a leader of Yemen's branch of al-Qaida after being released from the Saudi program a year ago.

You see, this guy was sent to be rehabilitated. He wasn't just released.

Aren't you liberals all in favor or rehabilitation? You push it on us, then say it's someone elses fault when it doesn't work.

Shame on you.

Fucking hypocritical libtards.

Wild Cobra
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I read it was only 14% who are known or suspected.

clambake
01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I think had it not been for the ACLU and Democrats (combined with the constant harping of a liberal press) dragging the Bush administration into court over the Gitmo detainees, the Bush administration wouldn't have released any of them and that bastard would still be rotting in a jail cell.

so....bush was afraid.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, I finally stop ignoring Chumpy, and he still spews his ignorant shit.
It has been reported by Fox long ago. Why should they do it again, when the other networks are already behind, pushing this off as blame now?

Not in it's slanted cherry-picking fashion. Fox also release a similar report on the same day as the ABC story. This story from Fox probably puts it in perspective better though:

Obama Talks to Yemen President About Future of Yemenis Held at Guantanamo (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/08/obama-talks-yemen-president-future-yemenis-held-guantanamo/)

You see, this guy was sent to be rehabilitated. He wasn't just released.

Aren't you liberals all in favor or rehabilitation? You push it on us, then say it's someone elses fault when it doesn't work.

Shame on you.

Fucking hypocritical libtards.So you approve when Bush's name isn't mentioned as the president responsible for his release.

Shame on you.

Fucking hypocrite.

Yonivore
01-09-2010, 04:41 PM
so....bush was afraid.
No. Actually, I think the releases were pursuant to court orders that forced the administration to either grant certain rights to the detainees or release them.

The Bush administration chose the lesser of two evils; send detainees to ostensibly like-minded countries (like Yemen) or have intelligence practices and methods exposed to the enemy in U.S. Courts.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
No. Actually, I think the releases were pursuant to court orders that forced the administration to either grant certain rights to the detainees or release them.

The Bush administration chose the lesser of two evils; send detainees to ostensibly like-minded countries (like Yemen) or have intelligence practices and methods exposed to the enemy in U.S. Courts.:lol at your thinking they had to be tried in open federal courts.

boutons_deux
01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
"have intelligence practices and methods exposed to the enemy in U.S. Courts"

red herring. Many legal commentators and jurists say there are ways to protect confidential information in courts.

the underwear bomber episdoes proves the NatSec secrets (jokes?) are really worth hiding from the enemy. Like, how the all the Nat Sec players collect/share and connect the dots with deadly accuracy.

Yonivore
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
"have intelligence practices and methods exposed to the enemy in U.S. Courts"

red herring. Many legal commentators and jurists say there are ways to protect confidential information in courts.

the underwear bomber episdoes proves the NatSec secrets (jokes?) are really worth hiding from the enemy. Like, how the all the Nat Sec players collect/share and connect the dots with deadly accuracy.
Lawyers visiting detainees have already been busted passing information. It's not a red herring.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Lawyers visiting detainees have already been busted passing information. It's not a red herring.Passing US intel and methods?

No.

You're talking about two different things.

Winehole23
01-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Brian Snow is a POS. His anonymous sources alleged fictitious Iraqi ties to the Anthrax attacks of 2001, for example.

Fabbs
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
spursncowboys
Wait. First it was against our country's beliefs to hold terrorists indefinitely? Now when Bush is forced to release these terrorists, it is his fault?

http://rainreflections.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/pacifier.jpg
The democwats made Bush wet the detainees go.

clambake
so....bush was afraid.
for sure clambake. Poor widdle Bush was scarded of the democwats.

George Gervin's Afro
01-10-2010, 12:19 PM
spursncowboys

clambake

I guess you could say that Bush did it for political reasons...which put us in more danger..

oh wait, that is now the criticism is concerning the Obama administration..

how do you dead enders keep things straight?

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
spursncowboys

clambake

Witty
:toast

spursncowboys
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Brian Snow is a POS. His anonymous sources alleged fictitious Iraqi ties to the Anthrax attacks of 2001, for example.

Keith Olbermann and Dan Rathers think this is a stretch.