PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for the Pats chances at a SB?

SAtown
01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81571dc2/Wes-Welker-injury

SAtown
01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Week 17 injury without being touched... sucks for him and the pats

vander
01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Welker's out? damn! Pats are done

monosylab1k
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
He hurt his knee trying to juke Bernard Pollard. That faggot is the fucking Anti-Christ.

monosylab1k
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
and the Patriots didn't have a shot at the SB before the injury. This just cements it.

SAtown
01-03-2010, 04:53 PM
and the Patriots didn't have a shot at the SB before the injury. This just cements it.

I don't think this helps the cause either:

Report: Pats' Brady has 3 broken ribs
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has played the last several games with three broken ribs, CBS Sports reported Sunday.

The Patriots had added ribs to the injury report for Brady the week after he took a big hit against the Dolphins in Week 13 and briefly left the field to go to the locker room. He didn't miss any plays in the game.

Despite the report, a Patriots spokesman said he was not aware of Brady having broken ribs, according to The Associated Press.

Brady started Sunday in the regular-season finale at Houston, leaving for backup Brian Hoyer in the second quarter before coming back to start the second half.

Brady, who this week was selected to his fifth Pro Bowl, returned this season after tearing two knee ligaments in last season's opener.

Entering Sunday, he had passed for 4,212 yards with 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while starting all 16 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792547

LakerHater
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM
1st round exit!
Cant see them bein competetive w/o brady.

SAtown
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
1st round exit!
Cant see the bein competetive w/o brady.

Well, if he's been playing like this since Week 13, what's stopping him playing next week? Anyways, no Welker + Brady all fucked up might not be enough to contain Baltimore.

IronMexican
01-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I wanted Bernard Pollard. Branch, Huff and Mitchell are playing good as Safety though. Pollard is a boss.

slick'81
01-03-2010, 05:43 PM
horrible fckn break for the pats

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, torn ACL and MCL. Awesome.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Btw, I'm pretty pissed about Welker getting injured and think it did probably seal the Patriot's fate, but anyone who thinks he's more irreplaceable than Moss, Edelman had 10 catches and 103 yards as his replacement.

san antonio spurs
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Brady has always been a baller. The tougher the conditions, the better he rises up. He has been playing with 3 broken ribs, injured finger on throwing hand, shoulder issues and coming from a major knee surgery yet has been playing well. I think he'll do fine in the playoffs.

Unfortunetely, we are playing a badass BAL team.:wow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Unfortunetely, we are playing a badass BAL team.:wow

I don't think we have any idea who NE is playing yet.

san antonio spurs
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think we have any idea who NE is playing yet.

yes we do. Since BAL won, no matter what happens we play them.
If cincy loses, it means we are the 3rd seed and the jets are the 5th seed.
If cincy wins, it means we are the 4th seed and BAL the 5th seed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
If cincy loses, it means the jets win and are the 6th seed.

And wouldn't it also mean we're the 3rd seed?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 08:39 PM
OK I see you edited it, that makes sense, that sucks cause Baltimore scares the shit out of me.

san antonio spurs
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
OK I see you edited it, that makes sense, that sucks cause Baltimore scares the shit out of me.
Yes I edited sorry,
BAL is a good playoff team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes I edited sorry,
BAL is a good playoff team.

The D better step up. I don't see them putting a ton of points on the board. The one blessing in disguise about Welker is it forces Brady to throw to other receivers when Moss is covered well. He got way too locked into Moss and Welker at times this year. Offensively, Kevin Faulk, Benjamin Watson, Troy Aiken and Fred Taylor all better be ready to step up.

san antonio spurs
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
The D better step up. I don't see them putting a ton of points on the board. The one blessing in disguise about Welker is it forces Brady to throw to other receivers when Moss is covered well. He got way too locked into Moss and Welker at times this year. Offensively, Kevin Faulk, Benjamin Watson, Troy Aiken and Fred Taylor all better be ready to step up.

I agree with you but I also think it was a matter of confidence in his body. He was hurting bad with all his injuries and lacked confidence in his throws. So he went to his security blanket.
Now however, all bets are off, it's win or go home, and he has always played better in those situations.