PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs gonna re-sign Manu?

Lakers999
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Im not sure what hes worth in Spurs Dollars but over here in Laker Land he is defeinately MLE material... hes exactly what our bench needs and he can play the 1-2 in the triangle and then we can prolly trade Sasha tired ass out!!!

hes shooting 42% from 3's so he is exactly what we need off the bench...

hes made a shit load of money from you guys so why not!!! MLE...live in los angeles, play alongside Kobe and coached under phil jackson...or Greg :downspin:

ducks
01-03-2010, 07:34 PM
he is worth mle to spurs

superjames1992
01-03-2010, 07:43 PM
He better be re-signed.

I would hate to have my favorite player move to the Lakers. I might actually have to make the Lakers my #2 team (behind the Spurs) if that happened and I don't want that! I hate the Lakers!

BlackBellamy
01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
It'll be a cold day in hell if we see Manu in Lakers colors. Worst case (Manu not signed with Spurs), he goes back over-seas and makes serious bank to end his career, just my opinion here.

Lakers999
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
he is worth mle to spurs

AH HA:toast

so lets assume thats the offer from san antonio. and lets assume los angeles will pay the MLE to him

hmm.... lets weigh the pros and cons....

san antonio pros
played entire career there
im assuming he has great chemistry and friendship with the team
occasional starter
won a few rings
good weather
great people
not as busy as los angeles

san antonio cons
not a title contender anymore
age has prolly starting to sink in
duncan on the decline.
Greg hasnt extended contract to coach next season

los angeles pros
play alongside kobe
play in los angeles
play under phil jackson
lakers are title contenders
great weather
good people
will see significant minutes off the bench
different atmosphere

los angeles cons
different atmosphere
chemistry issues with "star" caliber players.. something i believe he might have never dealt with before
los angeles star treatment can be both pro and con

mytespurs
01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
manu wants another ring so if the spurs don't re-up him and the lakers are offering the $$$ he wants, he probably would sign on with them.

But I think remaining a Spurs is his first choice and if Manu shows he's injury free & the spark of old, the FO would be stupid not to sign him.

z0sa
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Spurs will surely offer Manu more than the MLE.

TMTTRIO
01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Well I see Manu staying if the Spurs offer him a decent contract. Now that he has twins on the way this summer and is already settled I can't see him wanting to have to move somewhere else. If the Spurs decide to not give him a contract I see the Lakers being on the top of his list. He's already said he wanted to play for a contender and would be interested if he didn't stay with the Spurs.

raspsa
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
If Spurs don't come to an agreement with Manu, I see him playing out his days in Europe. Barring another injury, I see Manu retiring as a Spur... both sides will find an easy compromise on the money issue.. I don't think that's going to be a problem.

mookie2001
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
shitty game for ginobili tonight, we really needed him

ffadicted
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Manu will resign for more then the MLE, I have no doubt of this

ducks
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
right now he is worth the mle

superjames1992
01-03-2010, 10:49 PM
shitty game for ginobili tonight, we really needed him
He still had a ton of rebounds and assists. He just wasn't shooting well. He brings a lot of intangibles to the table, as well.

Darthkiller
01-03-2010, 10:55 PM
manu to the suns, he can play till he is 40 with the suns medical staff

Dex
01-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Laker Fan can drool over Manu all they want, because he will never, ever, ever, ever be in a Laker uniform.

Go ahead and bookmark it, for all I care.

InK
01-03-2010, 11:58 PM
No way Manu goes to europe, i would be shocked, shocked if he did that. He can play in the NBA for a few more seasons for MLE money at worst, and its probably pretty clear to him that he cant have both at this point in his career. Its either money or contending for a title, and its pretty clear what he is more likely to pick...

mookie2001
01-04-2010, 12:01 AM
im familiar with his game, he's been playing well but tonight he stunk it up with his play, what a horrible game, just played like shit. would have made the difference even with duncans ft misses

mazerrackham
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
los angeles pros
play alongside kobe
play in los angeles
play under phil jackson
great weather
good people
different atmosphere

I count one legit pro, the rest are hogwash

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Spurs will surely offer Manu more than the MLE.

I reckon they'll offer 15mil/2yrs, and I think that's fair. I hope Manu takes it.

Blackjack
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm not the first to mention it, but I fully expect the Spurs to offer him around 20M for 2-years; it's the years that are the key and giving him 10M per shows him the proper respect, while not killing the business model.

tlongII
01-04-2010, 12:46 AM
The Spurs should not re-sign him. They need to rebuild.

ElNono
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Manu had a cold since the Wiz game... Not saying it's the reason he didn't play well, but pointing that out...
Also, the Spurs have no hurry to sit down and talk about contracts...

PM5K
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Gi-who?

blkroadrunners
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
los angeles pros
play alongside kobe
play in los angeles
play under phil jackson
great weather
good people
different atmosphere

:rollin:rollin:rollin

http://i48.tinypic.com/hvt5ye.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/del6vs.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wfk46x.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/dy3y9e.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q0txyc.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/23rsumo.jpg

Kori Ellis
01-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Manu had a cold since the Wiz game... Not saying it's the reason he didn't play well, but pointing that out...

Yeah, I think a few of the Spurs have been sick lately. Tony was sick last week or the week before, and I think also Roger.

Lakers999
01-04-2010, 01:28 AM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

ALOT of us are good people... there are just a few idiots that make "real" fans like us look bad.... this seems to travel with every big market franchise.. there is always a few bad apples that spoils the bunch.

just look at boston in 08 they too also rioted

Kori Ellis
01-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Manu considers the Lakers, if the Spurs low-ball him. But I think the Spurs will offer him 2 years/$18-20M.

FkLA
01-04-2010, 01:33 AM
forget about him laker fan...spurs fans will boycott if the possibility of losing manu comes up just like they did with robinson and the front office will have to cough up the cash necessary to keep him here.

blkroadrunners
01-04-2010, 02:03 AM
ALOT of us are good people... there are just a few idiots that make "real" fans like us look bad.... this seems to travel with every big market franchise.. there is always a few bad apples that spoils the bunch.

just look at boston in 08 they too also rioted

I'm kiddin champ, I know that's probably 2% of the whole Laker nation - I have relatives who live in the LA area whom are Laker fans who are good ppl for instance. I just had to have a "lol" moment.

jn77
01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Gotta keep Manu! A piece of me would die If I had to see him in a Lakers uniform.

phyzik
01-04-2010, 04:08 AM
If Manu even hints about joining the Lakers, The Spurs will be forced to give him what he wants. Spurs Org isnt stupid, San Antonio would go more ape-shit on them than the Robinson Fiasco.

Robinson was great, but letting a talent like Manu go to the hated Lakers? This city would see its first basketball-related riot in its history with the franchise.

01-04-2010, 04:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Manu considers the Lakers, if the Spurs low-ball him. But I think the Spurs will offer him 2 years/$18-20M.
that's way too much for what ginobili will be doing at 33 years old. but if the spurs still do not care about the luxury tax, then by all means do it. it's not like they will be under the cap anyways anytime soon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2010, 06:10 AM

Yeah, he might consider 15/2 yrs a lowball offer. 18-20 would be the right range to keep him. It's a DRob contract, and fair enough given what he's done in SA. :tu

He means a lot to this franchise on the court and off, so I think they'll do what it takes to keep him.

ducks
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM
manu had a head cold yesterday

wildbill2u
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Answer me this:

Would you want to see a team with Manu on it against us in the playoffs?

I didn't think so.

mountainballer
01-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm not the first to mention it, but I fully expect the Spurs to offer him around 20M for 2-years; it's the years that are the key and giving him 10M per shows him the proper respect, while not killing the business model.

that what I also see.
maybe they give him a choice of 2 years for 10M per or 3 years for 8M per. (considering that the Spurs will be tax payer next year, the longer gives the Spurs the chance to save some tax money. overall it would be almost a wash for the Spurs, but more money for Manu's pockte)

dbestpro
01-04-2010, 12:10 PM

I think it will be 3 years at 21M with the last year partially guaranteed.

rascal
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
that's way too much for what ginobili will be doing at 33 years old. but if the spurs still do not care about the luxury tax, then by all means do it. it's not like they will be under the cap anyways anytime soon.

Exactly. They will be over paying for his production. We saw the last two years he is on the decline with injuries. Over paying manu at the end will close out Duncan's last years without a title.

ElNono
01-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Provided he proves to be healthy this season there's no reason to think that a 2 year contract worth 9 mill a year is overpaying. He's top talent. The question is if some other team will offer more.

Lakers999
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
excuse my ignorance!! what was the robinson fiasco?

VivaPopovich
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
The Spurs will re-sign him, but not for as much money as he's been making. And it is fair considering how injury prone he is. I doubt another contender will offer as much money as we'll offer.

I predict he'll take it.

LOL@MavsFan
01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
AH HA:toast

so lets assume thats the offer from san antonio. and lets assume los angeles will pay the MLE to him

hmm.... lets weigh the pros and cons....

san antonio pros
played entire career there
im assuming he has great chemistry and friendship with the team
occasional starter
won a few rings
good weather
great people
not as busy as los angeles

san antonio cons
not a title contender anymore
age has prolly starting to sink in
duncan on the decline.
Greg hasnt extended contract to coach next season

los angeles pros
play alongside kobe
play in los angeles
play under phil jackson
great weather
good people
different atmosphere

los angeles cons
different atmosphere
chemistry issues with "star" caliber players.. something i believe he might have never dealt with before
los angeles star treatment can be both pro and con

LOL Laker fan thinking that the Spurs are done.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2010, 08:03 PM
With what the Spurs have become I would love to see Manu win a few rings in LA, along with Duncan

Which Faker fan's troll is this?

Höfner
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Which Faker fan's troll is this?

He's one of the funniest posters I tell ya. Gotta understand his comedy.

stealthjbravo
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Manu is done anyways. Let that pussy go to the Fakers

Tp9gospursgo
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM

:depressed

OldSilentHill
01-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Something is telling me that YOU are a faker...:wakeup

ElNono
01-05-2010, 12:29 AM

http://i38.tinypic.com/if1zsj.jpg

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
lol laker fans destroying their own downtown after winning a championship

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2010, 01:14 AM

You call yourself a Spurs fan?

Please leave and don't bother returning.

jimo2305
01-05-2010, 01:47 AM
lol.. if we do trade manu.. we better accept that it's time to plan for the future.. and that this year is no more do or die..

but if we do want to keep manu..

we better resign him now.. and for no more than MLE.. i personally would hate to see him go but if we don't go deep in playoffs this season.. what's the point of resigning him for more than MLE? he's not getting any better as years go by..

Jason R
01-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Answer me this:

Would you want to see a team with Manu on it against us in the playoffs?

I didn't think so.

Maybe not 05 Manu. 08-09 Manu I could live with.

namlook
01-05-2010, 03:49 AM

There's no chance in hell Manu gets offered 10 million with his injury history and age. He will be lucky to get 6 or 7. MLE is more realistic. The only thing that would change this and bump him up to the 8 million dollar range is if Manu raises his level of play this year back to what it was during the last Spurs championship season.

And if the Spurs win a ring this year with Manu playing a key role he is also a lock to stay. A Spurs rings in unlikely this year though without the Spurs adding another piece.

Bottom line is if the money is similar Manu will go where he feels he has the best chance to win. He's not going to re-sign with the Spurs if he feels they are not a championship contender.

DaDakota
01-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Luis Scola and Daryl Morey are making a recruting trip to Manu's house on July 1st at 12:01am.

Welcome to Houston Manu !

DD

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Luis Scola and Daryl Morey are making a recruting trip to Manu's house on July 1st at 12:01am.

DD

:lmao:rollin:nope

easy7
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM

DD

Good thing for Houston that they are not also sending Brent Berry with them. :hat

JamStone
01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Manu is still worth more than the MLE, but I don't think he's worth $9-10 million a year. Right around $7-8 a year is probably just about right. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs offered him a good faith contract closer to $9-10 million a year.

I don't think the Lakers are out of the question for Manu. But if for some reason he can't work out a deal with the Spurs, I could easily see him joining the Suns or the Rockets as well. Manu on the Suns would be interesting. I think he could still play in that style and perhaps he could add more time to his legs, like it has with Nash and Hill. Also, their medical/training/conditioning staff is pretty highly regarded along those lines. Houston seems like a decent fit as well. The move might not be so drastic and Houston has a need at the SG position for a primary perimeter play-maker and scorer.

TMTTRIO
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I could see Manu more interested in going to Houston to play with his good buddy Scola if the Spurs let him go. I've heard him mention it a couple of times that he would be interested in going there if he had to go somewhere. Plus it's not that far from here so it wouldn't be a major move.

senorglory
01-05-2010, 04:02 PM
san antonio cons
[1] not a title contender anymore
[2] age has prolly starting to sink in
[3] duncan on the decline.
[4] Greg hasnt extended contract to coach next season

1 wrong.
2 wrong.
3 wrong.
4 don't be obtuse.

senorglory
01-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Good lord, is nothing sacred?! Manu in a Lakers jersey? My eyes still hurt from the memory of Horry in that gaudy garb.

pad300
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I expect Manu to resign with the Spurs, 3 years, 20-24 Million$, rising contract. eg. $M6, $M7, $M8 ... This, combined with Finley's contract finishing off (and possibly Mason going away), would make the Spurs Financial's quite a bit better; enough to use part of the MLE to sign Splitter...

This save $M 4.7 from Manu's salary this year, $M 2.5 from Finley, and $M 3.7from Mason - $M 10.9 total. Even Spending the full MLE, that would cut the Lux tax bill in 1/2... Which would be roughly $M 10 saved.