PDA

View Full Version : Krypto Nate veto'd trade to Grizzlies

PGDynasty24
01-03-2010, 07:52 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63793/20100103/source_nate_rejected_trade_to_grizzlies/

A source told Alan Hahn of Newsday that Nate Robinson exercised his right to veto a trade that would have sent him to Memphis for Marcus Williams and a draft pick.

Earlier, a source with the Grizzlies denied that a deal was ever in place.

Robinson appears to be back in New York's rotation after his 41-point performance Friday night.

mogrovejo
01-03-2010, 08:09 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63793/20100103/source_nate_rejected_trade_to_grizzlies/

A source told Alan Hahn of Newsday that Nate Robinson exercised his right to veto a trade that would have sent him to Memphis for Marcus Williams and a draft pick.

Earlier, a source with the Grizzlies denied that a deal was ever in place.

Robinson appears to be back in New York's rotation after his 41-point performance Friday night.

Bogus. Nate Robinson can't have a no-trade clause in his contract.

PGDynasty24
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Bogus. Nate Robinson can't have a no-trade clause in his contract.

I think the players who get a 1 year Qualifying offer like Nate did automatically get a no-trade claus

JamStone
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I think the CBA requires a player to be on a contract of at least 2 years in order to be traded without player approval. That's why you often see lesser players sign for a two year contract with a team or player option for a second year. It allows for the team to trade that player without having to consult the player. Even though he's been with the Knicks since he was drafted, Nate's currently on a one year contract. I don't even think it was a qualifying offer. As it would seem from the story, I'm pretty sure he can't be traded without his ok.

mogrovejo
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I think the players who get a 1 year Qualifying offer like Nate did automatically get a no-trade claus

Ah, correct, he's in his 5th season. Yes, he'll have to agree to any trade.

sribb43
01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Dick Breathe aka Devean George....it's called bird rights