PDA

View Full Version : We need to get something for Bonner and Finley

Buddy Holly
01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
No, I'm not posting this because we lost tonight.

We lost tonight because Pop screwed the pooch by benching two starters and then crap play calling at the end.

I liked how the team was performing prior to tonight and it shows[ed] how we really don't need Bonner or Finley really.

Both of them in a trade could bring us back something of better value.

HarlemHeat37
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
We desperately need a legit big man to start, it's the main flaw this team has..trading the expiring contracts for that missing guy is the key..

L.I.T
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately, starting quality bigs aren't readily available for a crap platter of Bonner and Finley...usually.

I think there was an article that was posted a while back that said something along the lines of a lot of teams are going to be salary dumping at the trading deadline.

I'm not sure if the Thunder are in that mode, but they may be looking for some veteran leadership, a guy like Nick Collison (defense and rebounding) would be a decent option.

That being said...if nothing happens I wouldn't be worried. In spot minutes Finley and Bonner can be valuable for the spacing they bring to the offense.

murpjf88
01-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, starting quality bigs aren't readily available for a crap platter of Bonner and Finley...usually.

I think there was an article that was posted a while back that said something along the lines of a lot of teams are going to be salary dumping at the trading deadline.

I'm not sure if the Thunder are in that mode, but they may be looking for some veteran leadership, a guy like Nick Collison (defense and rebounding) would be a decent option.

That being said...if nothing happens I wouldn't be worried. In spot minutes Finley and Bonner can be valuable for the spacing they bring to the offense.

+ 1 No big is going to be available for the popo platter of Bonner and Finley. They will have to throw in a regular, possibly Mason. But then you run the risk of losing too many perimeter shooters. If the spurs make a move, it will be a small one. I don't think they can afford a Camby calibre player.

HarlemHeat37
01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
We have expiring contracts that equal more than 10 million..a 3-way trade for a big is very possible IMO..

Fabbs
01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
If they are pachaged with Pop, and we know they are, could that bring a better offer?

superjames1992
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
We could have used Bonner's shooting ability tonight. He might have won us the game.

Defense wins championships, but you also need to score some points.

TimDunkem
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
We have expiring contracts that equal more than 10 million..a 3-way trade for a big is very possible IMO..
Any ideas?

raspsa
01-03-2010, 09:53 PM
We could have used Bonner's shooting ability tonight. He might have won us the game.

Exactly. Finley too. He's hit big shots for the Spurs when needed. Those are two of the best 3-point shooters on a team that depends so much on hitting its outside shots. Why rely only on Mason, Manu and RJ, they will have off-nights like today.. Bonner and/or Finley would have been nice options to turn to.

Lakers999
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
andrew bynum for tony parker

loveforthegame
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Anything is possible I guess but I don't see the Spurs getting a quality big for just Bonner and Finley.

thOOdee
01-03-2010, 10:21 PM
i see it possible when teams throw in the towel and want to save to get wade, lbj, jo johnson.

z0sa
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
trading Bonner and Finley is not going to be enough to push us over the top. Either we choose to move forward with the team as its currently constructed while hoping chemistry issues are resolved by march and april, or we move Manu and your choice of filler for a legitimate bigman and hope RJ can step into Manu's role. No suggestions do I have.

Bender
01-03-2010, 10:26 PM
we could have used a few of Bonner's timely 3's tonight...

ffadicted
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM

And every other night. It's Finley we don't have space for.

EricB
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM

:lol

I've got some ocean front property in Yuma for you to buy too.

ducks
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
manu is a big expiring contract
getting something for him if spurs just let him walk might be a good idea

murpjf88
01-03-2010, 11:23 PM

I can't see any trade scenario that would include Manu. He isn't going anywhere.

Johnny RIngo
01-04-2010, 07:05 AM

Spurs aren't going to make it out of the first round if we're going to rely on Bonner to be a difference maker.

dbestpro
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
+ 1 No big is going to be available for the popo platter of Bonner and Finley. They will have to throw in a regular, possibly Mason. But then you run the risk of losing too many perimeter shooters. If the spurs make a move, it will be a small one. I don't think they can afford a Camby calibre player.

There is only one trade that makes sense. Send two players who will not get to play for a player who already knows the system and to a team that will give those 2 players a good look. Send Haislip and Mahinmi for Oberto and at least get another post player who can do something more than stand around on the court (Dice).

Calavera
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7159/calk1.jpghttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8131/calkc.jpghttp://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9072/calk2.jpg

rascal
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM

The spurs will re-sign Manu.

Big P
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Bonner would also be giving up a hell of a lot of points & rebounds if he were facing Bosh & Bargnani...not sure if the trade off is worth it....as usual, if we would have hit a decent amount of our FT's, we would have won the game easily.

lefty
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Rodman is both black and red-haired; he is so much better than Finley+Bonner