PDA

View Full Version : Why The Fluck Doesn't Walmart Have...

PM5K
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
So they started off selling everything but groceries which was fine. Most of the time you probably wouldn't leave the store with more than ten to twenty items.

Fast forward however many years and they decide to make Super Walmart or whatever the fuck they call them, and now people are easily buying 50 items or more. Just today I bought about 25 items and I don't even buy all of my groceries at Walmart, I buy most of them at HEB and only get a few things that HEB doesn't have at Walmart.

Problem is their whole setup is for people that don't buy much, add your typical fat ass Walmart customer and you easily have people in line buying 100 items or more when shopping for groceries.

Add to that no baggers and you'd better pitch a fucking tent or take a nap because you're going to be in line for a while.

So why doesn't Walmart have baggers, besides the fact that they are cheap fuckers? WTF?

slacker77
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
what I like is the fact that they have 20+ checkout lines and only 4 will be open.Especially when those 4 lines will have at least 15 people each.

mookie2001
01-03-2010, 09:47 PM
^this guy got the real issue

opening more than 6 of the 40 lanes they have is the problem, no matter what time of day, or holiday season, weekend or wednesday, they never open more than 20% of the lanes

and the self checkout is a different thread, cheap ass, neocon cashless society option

Das Texan
01-03-2010, 10:09 PM
target does the same shit.

Heath Ledger
01-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Baggers are you kidding me? It's only a matter of time Wal Mart has 100 percent self checkout machines so they don't have to pay cashiers!

Frenzy
01-03-2010, 10:53 PM
walmart's only weakness is lines. If they had no lines/fast lines....people would not shop anywhere else.

I try to give HEB my business rather than walmart when ever possible.

Blake
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
walmart's only weakness is lines. If they had no lines/fast lines....people would not shop anywhere else.

I try to give HEB my business rather than walmart when ever possible.

HEB aint a whole lot better, even with baggers.

Target is the nicest place to shop. Too bad they seem to be 10%+ higher on everything.

Frenzy
01-03-2010, 11:04 PM
HEB aint a whole lot better, even with baggers.

Target is the nicest place to shop. Too bad they seem to be 10%+ higher on everything.
not really saying they better. It's just they local and if HEB went out of business walmart would have even less comp. That's is just what walmart wants...to fulfill it's even plan.

baseline bum
01-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Because Wal-Mart's company policy is to be understaffed at all times.

cherylsteele
01-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Baggers are you kidding me? It's only a matter of time Wal Mart has 100 percent self checkout machines so they don't have to pay cashiers!
And all but one of the self-checkout are closed usually.

Trainwreck2100
01-04-2010, 12:49 AM
that's cause its easy as fuck to steal while using the self checkout

ChumpDumper
01-04-2010, 05:55 AM
target does the same shit.That hasn't been my experience at either of the Targets near me. The one at Great Hills easily the quickest checkouts compared to Wal-Mart and HEB. Only Randall's might be quicker since everyone is waiting in line at the HEB across the street.

Das Texan
01-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Target has no baggers.

They often have 2-3 of 20+ registers open.

Its usually Code Red time (I think thats what its still called)

bus driver
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
i went to HEB on new years eve and the ALL the lines were at least 20 deep (even self check out)! i would say at least 80% of the cashiers were open.

i thought it was the end of the world with all these fat people and their goodies!
i saw one lady with 3 gallons of milk!

i just need to buy beer and it took me 20 minutes of waiting in line......:bang

sorry read the thread and brought back bad memories

BacktoBasics
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't imagine what the shrinkage would be if they went to 100% self check. It'd be a massive loss.

mookie2001
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
fat people at HEB!, did you call the express news?

Strange Love
01-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I always thought Celebrities never have to wait in line?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/pm5k-lucy.jpg

Blue Jew
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't imagine what the shrinkage would be if they went to 100% self check. It'd be a massive loss.

It worked in New Orleans!

http://img.stern.de/_content/54/50/545043/pl_500_500.jpg

Summers
01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
i went to HEB on new years eve and the ALL the lines were at least 20 deep (even self check out)! i would say at least 80% of the cashiers were open.

i thought it was the end of the world with all these fat people and their goodies!
i saw one lady with 3 gallons of milk!

i just need to buy beer and it took me 20 minutes of waiting in line......:bang

sorry read the thread and brought back bad memories

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get what y'all are bitching about. If you go to a store right before a holiday, it's going to be packed because people, regardless of their weight, are 1) getting ready to host parties and 2) stocking up their pantries so they can chill out over their holiday weekends and not have to go back to the store. And this is in addition to the normal grocery trip, which for my family of 4, includes 4 gallons of milk a week.

If all you need is beer why would you go to Wal-Mart and then bitch about the lines on New Year's Eve? Why not go to 7-11 or a liquor store?

Whisky Dog
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
When I was a bit younger and catching shoplifters at walmart while I was on school I loved the self checkout machines. It was my quota maker, I'd just fuck off for 90% of the shift then watch the self checkouts cameras from my office and pick the thieves off at the door. So easy.

Blake
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM

:lol I love HEB terminology. My favorite is how they call everyone "partners" when they are the furthest thing from it.

As far as the 100% self check, how much do you think the average loss per hour would be versus the $7-8+ per hour they pay cashiers?

bus driver
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get what y'all are bitching about. If you go to a store right before a holiday, it's going to be packed because people, regardless of their weight, are 1) getting ready to host parties and 2) stocking up their pantries so they can chill out over their holiday weekends and not have to go back to the store. And this is in addition to the normal grocery trip, which for my family of 4, includes 4 gallons of milk a week.

If all you need is beer why would you go to Wal-Mart and then bitch about the lines on New Year's Eve? Why not go to 7-11 or a liquor store?

sorry if bringing up fat people hurt your feelings! am bitching because people like to wait to the last minute to do ALL of their shopping! its like you dont know your going to run out of milk, until it is gone. i am waiting in the 10 item or less line and i have to wait behind a fat lady buying shit with a lone star card and cash.then its like she doesnt function unless the cashier tells her something. (um your balance is $20....oh i need to dig through my purse to find some cash) :bang its like you all never been to a store before and dont know what to do when you get to the cashier!

but i was mainly bitch about the long lines

Blake
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
When I was a bit younger and catching shoplifters at walmart while I was on school I loved the self checkout machines. It was my quota maker, I'd just fuck off for 90% of the shift then watch the self checkouts cameras from my office and pick the thieves off at the door. So easy.

I was never sure but I figured there was some sort of security like that....

PM5K
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I wasn't talking about holiday shopping, this was last night, January 3rd.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Re: Why The Fluck Doesn't Walmart Have...

Paid overseas employees?

mrsmaalox
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
My problem with not having baggers is that for me, a grocery shopping trip is just too physically exhausting! Buying those 40lb dog foods, cat foods, cat litter, gigantic detergents, cases of water and drinks (not to mention the 200 other items) is bad enough getting them from the shelf to the buggy. But then to the register and back to the buggy, into the car, out of the car and into the house pretty much wastes me. I try to schedule my grocery trips when I have an available kid but a lot of times it doesn't work out that way.

Blake
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
My problem with not having baggers is that for me, a grocery shopping trip is just too physically exhausting! Buying those 40lb dog foods, cat foods, cat litter, gigantic detergents, cases of water and drinks (not to mention the 200 other items) is bad enough getting them from the shelf to the buggy. But then to the register and back to the buggy, into the car, out of the car and into the house pretty much wastes me. I try to schedule my grocery trips when I have an available kid but a lot of times it doesn't work out that way.

wow.. I haven't used a bagger to carry out my groceries in so long, it just clicked that HEB is the only place left in town with baggers/carryouts.

Summers
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
sorry if bringing up fat people hurt your feelings! am bitching because people like to wait to the last minute to do ALL of their shopping! its like you dont know your going to run out of milk, until it is gone. i am waiting in the 10 item or less line and i have to wait behind a fat lady buying shit with a lone star card and cash.then its like she doesnt function unless the cashier tells her something. (um your balance is $20....oh i need to dig through my purse to find some cash) :bang its like you all never been to a store before and dont know what to do when you get to the cashier!

but i was mainly bitch about the long lines

Wow, you're uptight.

mFFL03
01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Market Street here in DFW bags and then walks your groceries out to the car with you. I remember HEB doing this back in the day, Central Market sure as hell doesn't do it.

Drachen
01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Market Street here in DFW bags and then walks your groceries out to the car with you. I remember HEB doing this back in the day, Central Market sure as hell doesn't do it.

All HEBs do it. You have to ask for help out to the car though. Sometimes if it isnt busy they will offer. I personally haven't used a bagger/carryout in, well, ever. As far as how much milk someone was buying, I too buy 4 gallons at a time, and that could even be if I still have a gallon left. I have a 2 year old, and a 12 year old who both drink a lot of milk.

ploto
01-05-2010, 03:55 PM
HEB has baggers??