PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Illness spreads among Spurs

Blackjack
01-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Illness spreads among Spurs (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Illness_spreads_among_Spurs.html)
By Mike Monroe - Express-News

TORONTO — The bug that has made Spurs guard Manu Ginobili lose sleep and feel achy for three days has begun to work its way through the team.

Several of Ginobili's teammates have reported symptoms similar to those that have deepened Ginobili's voice and given him headaches. Among the newly afflicted are Matt Bonner, still on the injured list with a broken bone in his right hand, and reserve forward Marcus Haislip. Starting point guard Tony Parker also was sniffling and coughing after Sunday's game against the Raptors.

Ginobili managed to play more than 30 minutes in the Spurs' 91-86 loss on Sunday but said he looked forward to getting back to San Antonio for some needed rest.

“I'm going to get plenty of rest and try to sleep,” he said. “I need to sleep. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I can't sleep well, and I really need to.

“I may see the doctors when I get back home. It depends on how I sleep tomorrow and how I feel; if I wake up and feel better.”

Bonner said his visit to Toronto, where he played the first two seasons of his career, was ruined by his illness.

“I have a 102-degree fever and a sore throat,” he said. “It sort of spoiled my visit, because all I could do was stay in bed.

“It's all Manu's fault. I sat next to him the other day, and I'm sure I caught it from him.”

Ginobili isn't happy that his newly afflicted teammates are blaming him for their maladies.

“Basically, half the team is suffering from this cold, and everybody is blaming me because I was the first one,” he said.

“Everyone is blaming me, but I don't know how I got it.”

Bosh's milestone: By making a 16-foot jumper from the right side of the foul lane, the Raptors' Chris Bosh became the franchise's all-time scoring leader.

The 6-foot-10 power forward passed Vince Carter, who scored 9,420 points from 1998-2004.

Bosh, in his seventh season, finished with a team-high 22 points, giving him 9,428.

Spurs two-time MVP Tim Duncan, who has 19,848 points in his 12-plus seasons, called Bosh the cornerstone of the Raptors' franchise.

“It's a great accomplishment for him, and I know he's proud of that fact,” Duncan said. “He's had this team on his shoulders for a long time, and they continue to build their team around him, so good luck to him.”

Blackjack
01-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Manu :td

PM5K
01-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Great, he finds another way to bring this team down.

z0sa
01-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Tim rested a total of five minutes after he entered the game early in the 2nd.. maybe Pop's sick.

Spursmania
01-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Not now guys. You need some vitamin B shots and plenty of Zinc, ethinacea, Vitmain C and Zicam along with sleep. Also, take Tylenol Pm to get to bed for Goodness sake.

Kind of like I should right now, so I can get to bed.

We need you guys. We have some tough opponents coming up.

Trainwreck2100
01-04-2010, 02:42 AM
its dem rabies shots

Spursmania
01-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Tim rested a total of five minutes after he entered the game early in the 2nd.. maybe Pop's sick.

:pctoss

raspsa
01-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Manu is too great a passer it would seem..

Manudona
01-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Manu is too great a passer it would seem..

:lol

Chieflion
01-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Argh. Manu the passer....

kace
01-04-2010, 06:17 AM
so i assume the good new is that TP has it: he will probably hog it and won't pass it to his teamates. It could stop the transmission.

gm5k
01-04-2010, 06:23 AM
so i assume the good new is that TP has it: he will probably hog it and won't pass it to his teamates. It could stop the transmission.

:rollin

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
RJ looms

dbestpro
01-04-2010, 09:13 AM
The was Dice has played he must have been sick since the beginning of the season.