PDA

View Full Version : 101 Tastiest Places to Chowdown

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
:tu Anyone watching this on the Travel Channel? You've only missed the first episode.

Abe’s Bar-B-Q
This Mississippi must-eat place features a double-decker sandwich over-stuffed with tender BBQ pork and coleslaw called “The Big Abe.”
Address: 616 N State St., Clarksdale, MS 38614

Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub
Good luck fitting your hands -- let alone your mouth -- around these big boys! At Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub, these juicy one-man burger challenges start at 2 lbs. and go all the way up to 15!
Address: 1452 Woodland Rd., Clearfield, PA 16830
Visit the website

The Buckhorn Exchange
We stop by the oldest restaurant in Denver for the largest selection of exotic meats around -- from yak to rattlesnake to Rocky Mountain Oysters! (aka deep-fried bull testicles)
Address: 1000 Osage St., Denver, CO 80204
Visit the website

Bassetts Ice Cream
Bassetts Ice Cream was established in 1861, making it the oldest ice cream company in America! We head to Philly's Redding Terminal Market to find out the secret to their sweet success.
Address: 45 North 12th St., Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia, PA 19107

Five Islands Lobster Co.
We head to Maine, the undisputed lobster capital, to get the biggest and best lobster around… with a gorgeous view to boot!
Address: 1447 Five Islands Rd., Georgetown, ME 04548

Philippe The Original
We’re off to the City of Angels for the best place to get a dripping, juicy French Dip sandwich -- Philippe the Original!
Address: 1001 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Visit the website

Time Out Chicken
We’ve got the college kid’s cure for a crazy late -night of … um, studying. It’s the must-try chicken cheddar biscuit at this UNC hotspot, Time Out Chicken.
Address: 133 W Franklin St., Chapel Hill, NC 27516-2525
Visit the website

Gaucho’s Village
We introduce you to a carnivore’s dream: a buffet where over a dozen types of meat keep coming till you cry uncle!
Address: 411 N Brand Blvd., Glendale , CA 91203
Visit the website

Jimmy’s Buff’s
If marrying a pizza with a hot dog is wrong, we don’t want to be right. We head to Jersey to unwrap the inner workings of an Italian Dog.
Address: 354 River Rd., East Hanover, NJ 07936
Visit the website

Smitty’s Market
We mosey down to 2 of the best BBQ places in Lockhart -- the official BBQ capital of Texas -- Black’s and Smittys.
Address: 208 South Commerce, Lockhart, TX 78644
Visit the website

Black’s Barbecue
We mosey down to 2 of the best BBQ places in Lockhart -- the official BBQ capital of Texas -- Black’s and Smittys.Address: 215 North Main St., Lockhart, TX 78644
Visit the website

The Vortex Bar & Grill
We hit up The Vortex in Atlanta for some of the craziest, most creative burger combinations you’ve ever seen! Think you’ve seen it all? How about a burger with 2 grilled cheese sandwiches in place of a bun?
Address: 438 Moreland Ave., Atlanta, GA 30307
Visit the website

Doughnut Plant
At this favorite New York City spot we see how fresh, seasonal ingredients and a gourmet sensibility elevates this everyman’s favorite pastry to a new level!
Address: 379 Grand St., New York, NY 10002
Visit the website

Giordano’s
We fly to the Windy City to try Giordano’s famous stuffed crust pizza: a deep-dish style pizza on steroids.
Address: 730 N Rush St., Chicago, IL 60611
Visit the website

Hominy Grill
From shrimp and grits, to a sandwich simply called “The Big Nasty,” Hominy Grill has your fix for down-home Low-country eats!
Address: 207 Rutledge Ave., Charleston, SC 29403
Visit the website

Cattleman’s Steakhouse
Right outside El Paso, we travel deep in the desert to find amazing, giant steaks and a gorgeous sunset that’s well worth the trip!
Address: 3450 S. Fabens Carlsbad Rd., Fabens TX 79838

Daichan Kaiten Sushi
We go to L.A.’s favorite Kaiten-style sushi restaurant, where you can choose from a never-ending array of delectable morsels brought straight to your seat via conveyor belt!
Address: 11301 Olympic Blvd. Ste 203, Los Angeles, CA 90064

Café Fleuri at the Langham Hotel
We head to the Langham Hotel in Boston for every chocolate lover’s fantasy -- a dessert buffet that serves as much chocolate as you can handle, in more ways than you can possibly imagine!
Address: 250 Franklin St., Boston MA 02110
Visit the website

Schmidt’s Sausage Haus
We visit Columbus’ charming German Village to pig out on an unlimited buffet of sausages, which includes Schmidt's signature spicy “Bahama Mama.” Here, saving room for dessert is no small feat! Especially when their award-winning giant cream puffs weigh in at half a pound!
Address: German Village , 240 East Kossuth St., Columbus, OH 43206
Visit the website

Willie Mae’s Scotch House
We visit one of New Orleans most beloved institutions to crunch on some of the best fried chicken you’ve ever had!
Address: 2401 Saint Ann St., New Orleans, LA 70119

Nick Tahou Hots
Can’t decide what to get? That’s no problem at the original home of the Garbage Plate in Rochester. Here you can get anything you want piled high all on one plate!
Address: 320 West Main St., Rochester, NY 14608

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Chowdown_Countdown

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I like Kruez too. I love Lockhart BBQ.

RGMCSE
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting!!! I've been to kruez many years ago and have never been back. Well thanks to you I be making my way there this coming weekend!!!

Rob

marini martini
01-04-2010, 12:47 PM
This is my absolute fave Q-joint in Lockhart!

http://www.lockhart-tx.org/web98/visitors/bbq-chisholmtrail.asp

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
You really can't go wrong in Lockhart as far as BBQ. Whenever I hit the lotto I am going to move there.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
You really can't go wrong in Lockhart as far as BBQ. Whenever I hit the lotto I am going to move there.

I've lived here all my life and never visited Lockhart.

FML :lol

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
I've lived here all my life and never visited Lockhart.

FML :lol

Well you should. One weekend just grab a map and head over there. It's not that far and depending on how you get there it's a nice drive.

mrsmaalox
01-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I have no idea where Lockhart is. But I do know where #86 is.

Cattleman’s Steakhouse
Right outside El Paso, we travel deep in the desert to find amazing, giant steaks and a gorgeous sunset that’s well worth the trip!
Address: 3450 S. Fabens Carlsbad Rd., Fabens TX 79838

Been going there most of my life and it is wonderful.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Well you should. One weekend just grab a map and head over there. It's not that far and depending on how you get there it's a nice drive.

So what's so damn good about this bbq? :lol Sauce or no sauce?

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Where's The Y?

Mark in Austin
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM

read the Texas Monthly articles.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/2008-06-01/feature

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Putting sauce on Smitty's BBQ would be an insult. Save the sauce for the bread and maybe the beans. I still think the best BBQ near San Antonio is at City Market in Luling though. Their sausage blows away anyone else's, although Smitty's and City Market are equally amazing when it comes to brisket.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 01:35 PM
A couple of plates from Smitty's

http://www.ntscblog.com/images/fullsize/smittys_food.jpg

http://www.urbangrounds.com/images/BBQ/Smittys_Market/The_Meat.jpg

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
read the Texas Monthly articles.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/2008-06-01/feature

It won't let me read the entire article.

Putting sauce on Smitty's BBQ would be an insult. Save the sauce for the bread and maybe the beans. I still think the best BBQ near San Antonio is at City Market in Luling though. Their sausage blows away anyone else's, although Smitty's and City Market are equally amazing when it comes to brisket.

Do you like Stubb's in Austin?

:drool: Damn, that looks good!

BruceBowenFan
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM

I went there this past weekend, some damn good bbq. I will be going to this place again in the future.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM

I have never been there.

mrsmaalox
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey what's the deal with the saltines? Are those for the BBQ? Never seen that before.

marini martini
01-04-2010, 02:33 PM

I have never been there.

Stubb's is a live music venue that bought out the recipe from some ol' black guy. If you wanna pay $11.99 for a one meat plate, $3.00 beer, and cover charge................go for it!!!:lol

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
The French Dip @ Phillipe's is definitely one of L.A.'s good eats. That BBQ spread looks like it ain't no joke. Daichan Kaiten Sushi is also an experience if you're in L.A. and want to get some good quality sushi...

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I love French dip sammiches but You have got to try some TX BBQ. Do they have any Texas BBQ joints over there? I'm not talking about a place that calls itself Texas BBQ but bbq's artichokes and pineapple's or whatever it is y'all eat in California but some brisket, ribs, sausage, pork chops, etc.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I love French dip sammiches but You have got to try some TX BBQ. Do they have any Texas BBQ joints over there? I'm not talking about a place that calls itself Texas BBQ but bbq's artichokes and pineapple's or whatever it is y'all eat in California but some brisket, ribs, sausage, pork chops, etc.

Not in the traditional sense out here in California...

There are some hard to find places that have come about from transplant TX, NC, TN, people, but they're few and far. Mostly there are just big chain companies masquerading as TX BBQ...

lol @ the artichoke and pineapple remark...because there is one place that has pretty good BBQd seafood and their BBQd artichokes are great eats.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
The French Dip @ Phillipe's is definitely one of L.A.'s good eats. That BBQ spread looks like it ain't no joke. Daichan Kaiten Sushi is also an experience if you're in L.A. and want to get some good quality sushi...

Have you tried Noshi Sushi in Koreatown? That's by far my favorite.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Have you tried Noshi Sushi in Koreatown? That's by far my favorite.

No I have not, but I will put that on my Foodie list to try in '10 and I'll get back to you on it.

Ichiburi is also a great sushi place, but it is in Orange County (CA) and not in Los Angeles County...

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Not in the traditional sense out here in California...

There are some hard to find places that have come about from transplant TX, NC, TN, people, but they're few and far. Mostly there are just big chain companies masquerading as TX BBQ...

lol @ the artichoke and pineapple remark...because there is one place that has pretty good BBQd seafood and their BBQd artichokes are great eats.

I would love to go open a TX BBQ place somewhere. I just don't want to leave TX.

LOL @ you Californians and grilling weird shit. You guys are crazy.

Kermit
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Stubb's is a live music venue that bought out the recipe from some ol' black guy. If you wanna pay $11.99 for a one meat plate, $3.00 beer, and cover charge................go for it!!!:lol

Uh, how about no. The ol' black guy started the restaurant in Austin after the one he started in Lubbock closed. It was always intended to be restaurant with live music.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
man, have you ever had a BBQ lobster caught from the ocean just minutes ago? We used to do that all the time in college and it was good shit man. I admit, we Californians have weird culinary exploits, but we're not without clamor for other regions' foods. I remember growing up and my friend in HS was from Mississippi and his family introduced me to soul food and I have never forgotten it.

With that being said, Cali does do some kinda funny "Festivals" where they do sh#t like Crawfish Weekend or something along those lines...

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
man, have you ever had a BBQ lobster caught from the ocean just minutes ago? We used to do that all the time in college and it was good shit man. I admit, we Californians have weird culinary exploits, but we're not without clamor for other regions' foods. I remember growing up and my friend in HS was from Mississippi and his family introduced me to soul food and I have never forgotten it.

With that being said, Cali does do some kinda funny "Festivals" where they do sh#t like Crawfish Weekend or something along those lines...

It's weird but I would give some of it a shot. I would try the lobster but all the veggie crap nah.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
No I have not, but I will put that on my Foodie list to try in '10 and I'll get back to you on it.

Ichiburi is also a great sushi place, but it is in Orange County (CA) and not in Los Angeles County...

It was recommended to me by a bunch of friends who were either from Japan or had lived a few years there as being the only place in LA where the fish was as fresh as they were used to over there. It's pretty inexpensive too (for sushi). If I had to pick one negative, I'd say their California rolls don't use real crab, but that's the only bad thing I can say about the place.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
It's weird but I would give some of it a shot. I would try the lobster but all the veggie crap nah.

Yeah, and just to sound a little more Californian--I used to date a vegetarian and I was kind've influenced by her eating habits into incorporating more vegetarian dishes. I do plan, however, to try to go to the South (TX included) and try some of the BBQ. I don't know when, but it is going to happen.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Cali lobster can't hold a candle to Maine lobster IMO. The meat has the same texture, but doesn't have the sweetness of the east coast lobster. I'll take Cali Dungenness crab over Cali lobster any day though (and usually over Maine lobster too).

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
It was recommended to me by a bunch of friends who were either from Japan or had lived a few years there as being the only place in LA where the fish was as fresh as they were used to over there. It's pretty inexpensive too (for sushi). If I had to pick one negative, I'd say their California rolls don't use real crab, but that's the only bad thing I can say about the place.

I will have to try it for sure then...most times when recommended by people who've either came from the place or lived their are usually true to form. I'm not a big Cali roll eater, so I'm not sure if that'll be much of problem for me. I usually go for the sashimi, toro (bluefin) bellies, and some of the more exotic rolls.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Cali lobster can't hold a candle to Maine lobster IMO. The meat has the same texture, but doesn't have the sweetness of the east coast lobster. I'll take Cali Dungenness crab over Cali lobster any day though (and usually over Maine lobster too).

Yeah, the Pacific Lobster isn't the same as the Maine lobster in the same respect, but when you catch them fresh--it is hard to really tell the difference from shipped live Maine lobster here in California. I'm not sure how it is in Maine, but I wouldn't necessarily say Pacific Lobster is better. Crab is my favorite and I'd take that over Lobster most times than not.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I will have to try it for sure then...most times when recommended by people who've either came from the place or lived their are usually true to form. I'm not a big Cali roll eater, so I'm not sure if that'll be much of problem for me. I usually go for the sashimi, toro (bluefin) bellies, and some of the more exotic rolls.

They don't really do exotic rolls. It's really simple stuff for the most part.

CuckingFunt
01-04-2010, 04:13 PM

It may be due to the fact that I've lived in California all my life, but I really don't get why everyone else thinks it's so odd to grill veggies (or pizza, or bread, or fruit, or whatever else). Heat + food = yum.

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
It may be due to the fact that I've lived in California all my life, but I really don't get why everyone else thinks it's so odd to grill veggies (or pizza, or bread, or fruit, or whatever else). Heat + food = yum.

It's because you have always lived there. The closest I've gotten to California cuisine is when I lived in Austin. I swear they won't so bad to be a part of California instead of Texas. All the trendy crap they eat. Oh I don't eat Chinese food I eat southern Laotian or I don't eat soul food I eat Ethiopian. I mean c'mon... C'MON!

CuckingFunt
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM
It's because you have always lived there. The closest I've gotten to California cuisine is when I lived in Austin. I swear they won't so bad to be a part of California instead of Texas. All the trendy crap they eat. Oh I don't eat Chinese food I eat southern Laotian or I don't eat soul food I eat Ethiopian. I mean c'mon... C'MON!

So... is your refusal to eat it based on the fact that you don't think it will taste good, or based on the fact it's Californian?

Ignignokt
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
So... is your refusal to eat it based on the fact that you don't think it will taste good, or based on the fact it's Californian?

Cali is known for some really homosexual deep ass fusion food.

But other than that.. i will try anything. Right now, i dig North Indian cuisine and Lebanese.

And Lebanese cooch.

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Won't taste good. Nothing to do with it being from California. I think a lot (not all) of people eat certain things just because it is trendy and not because they really like it.

Grilled artichokes I might try, but the grilled veggie pizzas with wasabi and sauce made from shnozzberries no thank you. I am pretty sure there are some things I might like that are native to California but there is even a lot of Mexican food from there that I wouldn't even look at.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I remember when it was considered "trendy" to eat sushi and all the Cali people were considered nuts. Now the rest of the country has figured out it's the greatest fucking thing since shaved pussy.

Ignignokt
01-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Rush Limbaugh said it best.

If you don't like American BBQ, then you aren't pro american.

You can hate him for everything else, but this is truth.

Taco
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I like Kruez too. I love Lockhart BBQ.

:hungry:

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I remember when it was considered "trendy" to eat sushi and all the Cali people were considered nuts. Now the rest of the country has figured out it's the greatest fucking thing since shaved pussy.

I still think it's just some trendy stuff. Personally I don't like it and have given it a few tries.
I just never liked how people would rush to certain things just because it is the "in" thing. That is one reason I didn't like Austin.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Rush Limbaugh said it best.

If you don't like American BBQ, then you aren't pro american.

You can hate him for everything else, but this is truth.

I don't give a crap what he says. :rolleyes

Who has the best bbq - Texas or Memphis?

Ignignokt
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM

It's good to vent.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM

Dry BBQ kills wet BBQ, so by implication Texas BBQ kills Memphis BBQ.

JudynTX
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Dry BBQ kills wet BBQ, so by implication Texas BBQ kills Memphis BBQ.

I'll never visit Memphis so I believe you. :lol

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Cali is known for some really homosexual deep ass fusion food.

But other than that.. i will try anything. Right now, i dig North Indian cuisine and Lebanese.

And Lebanese cooch.

I wouldn't put the honus on California alone. I don't even think half of the fusion foods are our ideas, but ones we've obtained from the likes of NY and all pts further east.

To me, it isn't about trend--food and sustenance should never be a trend--but an experience. If you're used to only eating a certain way and not trying to expand your knowledge base, then you're limiting yourself. Yeah, Californians can be a little off-center, but for the most part the majority is not like we're portrayed to be by the media and for ex-citizenry.

I have lived all my life in California but don't speak with a Valley accent, drive a Mercedes, work/live/play in Hollywood, or any of that. I'm not part plastic and I'm not gay. I have not surfed in my life (but I would like to try...). I grew up in an middle class part of Long Beach because, well, my dad was smart enough to see that I was running with the wrong crowds and moved us to a better area.

Most metropolitan areas cater to the whimsical pallate of the rich and the very trendy. L.A. is no exception to the rule, but it isn't as far advanced in pushing the culinary oddities as different metropolitan area. Nothing is more amazing than when I go out-of-state and see something labelled, "California(+n)" and imagine to myself...wait, that's not something I would consider the norm lol...

By the way, Laotian cuisine isn't that much different than Thai cuisine and Thai food is just great...

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
By the way, Laotian cuisine isn't that much different than Thai cuisine and Thai food is just great...

lol I just threw that out there. That is kind of funny that it stuck just like the artichoke comment. I guess I should open up a Cali restaurant since I seem to know what you guys like lol.

To be completely fair I hadn't even tried Chinese food until I was about 20 or 21. I get my kids to eat different things so maybe they will like Croatian food by the time they are older or whatever is trendy during that time.

baseline bum
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't put the honus on California alone. I don't even think half of the fusion foods are our ideas, but ones we've obtained from the likes of NY and all pts further east.

To me, it isn't about trend--food and sustenance should never be a trend--but an experience. If you're used to only eating a certain way and not trying to expand your knowledge base, then you're limiting yourself. Yeah, Californians can be a little off-center, but for the most part the majority is not like we're portrayed to be by the media and for ex-citizenry.

I have lived all my life in California but don't speak with a Valley accent, drive a Mercedes, work/live/play in Hollywood, or any of that. I'm not part plastic and I'm not gay. I have not surfed in my life (but I would like to try...). I grew up in an middle class part of Long Beach because, well, my dad was smart enough to see that I was running with the wrong crowds and moved us to a better area.

Most metropolitan areas cater to the whimsical pallate of the rich and the very trendy. L.A. is no exception to the rule, but it isn't as far advanced in pushing the culinary oddities as different metropolitan area. Nothing is more amazing than when I go out-of-state and see something labelled, "California(+n)" and imagine to myself...wait, that's not something I would consider the norm lol...

A more fair characterization of the foods that define LA are:

* hamburgers
* carnitas
* crab
* bacon-wrapped hot-dogs
* sushi
* burritos
* cioppino
* mussels

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
While I love cioppino immensely, it is actually a NorCal dish that has been adopted down here. Man, some cioppino sounds great tonight...

Ah, yes! The bacon-wrapped hot dogs! More of a street food/afterhours fare, this concoction of a million calories and fat grams is something of a treat that seems to only be soothed while deeply intoxicated. I haven't had one in a few years, but that is pretty much a definition of club cuisine.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Growing up in a mixed household (mom is 4th generation Mexican-American and dad was an immigrant of Thai decent) allowed me to be a little more exposed to different foods and traditions. My dad was quite possible a million times better than any Thai food chef in our area and that's not because, well, I was his son. We weren't all that close to begin with, but I have to give credit to where it belongs. He used to show me how to make Thai cuisine, Chinese cuisine, French and Vietnamese cuisine. Though he had no formal training, he was a wiz in the kitchen. So much so, that he was consulted on a couple Thai cookbooks and helped run one of the first successful restaurants in Long Beach, CA.

I think I owe my addiction to trying everything I can, because it is definitely impossible to understand a varying culture if you don't immerse yourself in the food and drink of that culture.

mrsmaalox
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
LOL @ "fusion". That's one of those buzzwords that always pops into my mind when I think California food. I don't think their food is trendy as much as every region eats what is readily available, but the vegetable/grilling thing is definitely a national trend toward more healthful cooking and eating.

Whisky Dog
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I like to take a pineapple, cut off the outside so you have the core fruit in one big piece, baste it in a mixture of brown sugar and water, and cook it a bit over a fire on a spit. Try it, you'll love that dessert.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I like to take a pineapple, cut off the outside so you have the core fruit in one big piece, baste it in a mixture of brown sugar and water, and cook it a bit over a fire on a spit. Try it, you'll love that dessert.

That does sound very similar to something I had once...I'll have to try that...

CuckingFunt
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I guess I just don't get the idea of either eating something or rejecting something based on trends. Food is food. If it tastes good, I'll eat it.

In general, though, it always amuses me to hear what people from other states think about California and Californians. The state is sooooo much bigger than LA, but that (and San Francisco, to a lesser extent) really is what people assume the entire state to be like. Suppose it's not really that different than the way I think about Texas, if I were to be completely honest, but it's still silly.

The Gemini Method
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
I think when you're referring to any geographical place, it always begins with the well-known and kind've displaces the other parts in-between. For some reason, California is magnified as only L.A., SF, and San Diego. In those 3 areas, resides a good portion of the population of California, but it doesn't really tell the whole story of the state. There are parts of California so rural, you'd think you were in Texas or the Deep South.

I agree with you on the food part. If it is something you like and enjoy, then enjoy it. There are no set rules to what defines your palate. But I digress, not everyone has to accept one's ways as form...

Now i'm hungry...lol.

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
I guess I just don't get the idea of either eating something or rejecting something based on trends. Food is food. If it tastes good, I'll eat it.

In general, though, it always amuses me to hear what people from other states think about California and Californians. The state is sooooo much bigger than LA, but that (and San Francisco, to a lesser extent) really is what people assume the entire state to be like. Suppose it's not really that different than the way I think about Texas, if I were to be completely honest, but it's still silly.

I was actually talking about people who eat stuff because it is trendy and not because they really like it. I know people who would say it's ok or it's alright...THEN WHY EAT IT?!
If you like the food then go for it but I don't understand people that force it because it's cool.

marini martini
01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I was actually talking about people who eat stuff because it is trendy and not because they really like it. I know people who would say it's ok or it's alright...THEN WHY EAT IT?!
If you like the food then go for it but I don't understand people that force it because it's cool.

Peer pressure!?!!!:lol