PDA

View Full Version : Ariza - The Honeymoon is Over

Indazone
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Hahaha Houstonfans are calling for Ariza's head now.

Weak dribbling
Turnover Machine
Average Defense
Can't hit a shot if his life depended on it.
Ball Stopper
Rafer Alston 2.0 but at least Alston could dribble.

This has been a very fast honeymoon. Could a divorce be far away? LOL

jag
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Would you rather have Ariza or Ronald as your "#1" guy?

Indazone
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh Ron-Ron got the Rockets to the 2nd round and took the Lakers to 7 games. Most Rocketsfans this question is a no brainer. Especially with Ariza having worn out his welcome.

jag
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Ariza never struck me as a great scorer. With LA he was a spot up shooter and a scrappy defensive player. I'm not sure how he got turned into a #1 offensive option. He's a good complimentary piece...and it's not like you're paying him huge dollars. There's no reason to not keep him around and try to build that team.

Darthkiller
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
tmac ariza for iggy, dalembert , speights

I. Hustle
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM
TMaC, Ariza for Finley, Bonner, Ian, Haislip, Coach Bud, That one fat red head kid that wears the bonner jersey, that drunk looking guy that used to wear the Valero shirts, and that Santa guy that goes to all the games.

Indazone
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
People keep talking bout packaging Scola or Landry with T-Mac to ship him out.

Nothing would make me happier than putting T-Mac and Ariza together for a deal.

djohn2oo8
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh Ron-Ron got the Rockets to the 2nd round and took the Lakers to 7 games. Most Rocketsfans this question is a no brainer. Especially with Ariza having worn out his welcome.

The TEAM, the HEART, HUSTLE, and WORK ETHIC got the Rockets past the first round and to the 7 games series with the Lakers. Yes, Ron was a big part of that, but he is NOT here and you need to get over it. If he carried the Rockets to the 2nd round, how come they have won 20 games without him? This team was picked to finish last in the west, and and you have to remember that this is still a rebuilding/transition year.

duhoh
01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
oh my gosh pathetic rockets fans.

what do you expect for a MLE type player? an all-star? he didn't come in for that. he ain't the franchise fellas.

sigh

TheMACHINE
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Ariza for Sasha. Do it Mitch.

djohn2oo8
01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
oh my gosh pathetic rockets fans.

what do you expect for a MLE type player? an all-star? he didn't come in for that. he ain't the franchise fellas.

sigh

Those rocket fans are mostly Yao nuthuggers, so pay them no attention

Killakobe81
01-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I'd take him back for Morrison's expiring and your choice of Luke or sasha ...

duhoh
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Those rocket fans are mostly Yao nuthuggers, so pay them no attention

yao on the floor is pretty darn good though, but i will definitely keep that in mind.

noob cake
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Ariza is 6-7/8, 24 years old, and somewhat athletic. I'll keep him on a MLE contract. During this off season, he better shoot 2000 jumpers a day.

We need to ship TMac + Battier for expiring to create cap space (via 3 team deal)
Or ship TMac + Scola for young talent/picks/and slightly toxic asset.

Lars
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Ill hold my judgement till Yao comes back and we see his true role on the team and not this filler.

5in10
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
TMaC, Ariza for Finley, Bonner, Ian, Haislip, Coach Bud, That one fat red head kid that wears the bonner jersey, that drunk looking guy that used to wear the Valero shirts, and that Santa guy that goes to all the games.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I think every spurs fan knows those people

JoeTait75
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
He certainly looked good the first time the Cavaliers played Houston. He didn't play well in the re-match, but he looked like he was a little banged-up in that game. Maybe the expectations were a little too high going in?

Kobe™
I'll gladly take him back.
We'll give you Sasha/Filler.

:lol

Indazone
Whatever, Keep Ariza for 5 million but take the man's shots away from him. Adleman better tell him to stop shooting the ball unless he's wide open with nobody within 5 feet of him or he is right under the basket. Otherwise the man sucks.

I been watching Ariza play enough. Yao has nothing to do with it so why bring the man up? He's not even playing. It's Ariza that plain jacks up shot after shot and shoots at a pathetic rate who cannot dribble the ball through traffic without turning it over. It's you who need to get over it Djohn!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Ariza would be able to play his role if T-Mac got the minutes he deserved and made it so Ariza never handled the ball.

Allanon
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
The Ariza you see now is the one Larry Brown called "Delusional".

Move Ariza back into a role-player on a winning team and he's a great player.

Rockets should have gotten Dick Jefferson and the Spurs should have gotten Ariza.

noob cake
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Whatever, Keep Ariza for 5 million but take the man's shots away from him. Adleman better tell him to stop shooting the ball unless he's wide open with nobody within 5 feet of him or he is right under the basket. Otherwise the man sucks.

I been watching Ariza play enough. Yao has nothing to do with it so why bring the man up? He's not even playing. It's Ariza that plain jacks up shot after shot and shoots at a pathetic rate who cannot dribble the ball through traffic without turning it over. It's you who need to get over it Djohn!

Well his shot selection isn't terrible; I just don't want him to take those contested or pullup TMac style jumpers

Double-Up
01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Ariza for Sasha. Do it Mitch.

:lol :lol :lol

XFactor
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
"Just let Ariza do his thing" - Lil Wayne

j.dizzle
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Told ya'll trevor is nuttin but a pretty good role player..Boggles my mind how some players in the NBA are so bad at dribbling the ball..He probably so mad he left LA

Indazone
01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Actually I would do that trade. Richard Jefferson for Trever Ariza plus filler. Would make both teams better.

Allanon
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Actually I would do that trade. Richard Jefferson for Trever Ariza plus filler. Would make both teams better.

Yup; both teams would get a helluva alot better.

Jefferson would be perfect playing with Brooks and Ariza would be perfect spotting up for open 3's like Bowen used to and give Tony driving room again.

robbie380
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM

relatively cheap athletic defender who can pass and play team ball for an overpaid bald homosexual....great trade :downspin::elephant:downspin:

j.dizzle
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
jeffersons ass is makin like 14 mil a year I think hahahaha pretty big difference..That guy is laughin all the way to the bank

having ariza as the number one option is the equivalent of having battier as the primary scorer. both are more suited as role players and can only score if they take a lot of shots.

Allanon
relatively cheap athletic defender who can pass and play team ball for an overpaid bald homosexual....great trade :downspin::elephant:downspin:

Homosexuality aside, RJ is a go to guy; something the Rockets have been severely lacking since the injuries to TMAC

robbie380
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Homosexuality aside, RJ is a go to guy; something the Rockets are sorely lacking.

yeah, but the rockets didn't get ariza to be a go to guy. they have experimented with him as the go to guy in the absence of yao and tmac. they felt like he might be able to expand his game and the major injuries gave him and the team the chance to see if he could. it started off well, but he has begun buckle as the year has gone on and defenses have adjusted.

sure if the contracts were equal then it would be a good trade but jefferson is getting 29 million for 2 years in SA. if we are gonna be burning that much cash for a go to guy i would rather have iggy and sammy's bloated contract.

Indazone
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
At least Battier can knock his shots down and doesn't go on a Lost Mission in an attempt to carry the team.

gmartin02
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Hahaha Houstonfans are calling for Ariza's head now.

Weak dribbling
Turnover Machine
Average Defense
Can't hit a shot if his life depended on it.
Ball Stopper
Rafer Alston 2.0 but at least Alston could dribble.

This has been a very fast honeymoon. Could a divorce be far away? LOLSpeaking of can't hit a shot, Ariza is currently ranked LAST in the league in field goal % of all "qualified" players (To qualify a player must be on pace to make 300 field goals.)

That's 37.8% - yecch!

He is also ranked 15th from the bottom in 3 point FG% (31.2%), 11th from the bottom in free throw % (65.0%), 7th from the bottom in adjusted FG% (43.8%), 4th from the bottom in 2 point FG% (42.0%) and LAST in the league in points per shot (these are also for "qualified" players).

He is also taking the most shot attempts per game of anyone on the Rockets (almost 16 per game). Pathetic. Maybe he should stop trying to be the go to guy & stop jacking up so many shots.

Indazone
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh geez...I didn't know he had gotten that bad. That is just hideous!

We can always package Joey Dorsey and Brian Cook as our fillers to get rid of Ariza. Popovich could use him and take his green light away from him. Just use him like Bruce Bowen.

Muser
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM

I'd do it :tu

Lars
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Dont want Jefferson at all.

NRHector
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh geez...I didn't know he had gotten that bad. That is just hideous!

We can always package Joey Dorsey and Brian Cook as our fillers to get rid of Ariza. Popovich could use him and take his green light away from him. Just use him like Bruce Bowen.did you say Bruce Bowen? :cry I miss Bruce

Amuseddaysleeper
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
the ariza you see now is the one larry brown called "delusional".

Move ariza back into a role-player on a winning team and he's a great player.

rockets should have gotten dick jefferson and the spurs should have gotten ariza.

qft

djohn2oo8
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
At least Battier can knock his shots down and doesn't go on a Lost Mission in an attempt to carry the team.

We would just rather him quit just like T-Mac....And when did Morey ever say that he signed him for his offense? He specifically said defense

iggypop123
01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
when you ask a role player to be a star this is what happens. not his fault but then again he has fallen in love with jumpers

Delonte West
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
What did you expect?

LMAOxROFL
01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/LMAOxROFL/LMAOROFL.jpg @ Ariza being the "Go-To" guy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Ariza is fine as an MLE player, you've just gotta take away the keys to the offence. He's not a primary scorer. He'd be fine as a 3rd/4th guy. But didn't we know that all along?

Roxsfan
01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Ariza is fine. We don't need him to be a superstar. I'm going to love to watch him when Yao is back.

usher
01-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Yup; both teams would get a helluva alot better.

Jefferson would be perfect playing with Brooks and Ariza would be perfect spotting up for open 3's like Bowen used to and give Tony driving room again.

We trading places
Gon get it, get it get it, get it get it,
We trading places

RocketsBlood
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Indazone STFU and relax. Wait till Yao comes back idiot....

Indazone
01-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Methinks you spoke too soon! :ROFL

We couldn't trade this guy fast enough. Hell I'd even take Red Rocket for him.

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Ariza is being given the green light, because it can only help him be a better player once the main options on offense are put into place. Once Yao, and the pieces we get for Tracy's contract are added, he goes back to being the fifth or six option on offense. Imagine how much easier the game will be once he is taken out of the pressure cooker he's in now. The pecking order will be Yao, new SG, Aaron Brooks, Landry, Scola, and then Ariza. We will be very deep and very scary next year for every team in the NBA.

Indazone
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Ariza is being given the green light, because it can only help him be a better player once the main options on offense are put into place. Once Yao, and the pieces we get for Tracy's contract are added, he goes back to being the fifth or six option on offense. Imagine how much easier the game will be once he is taken out of the pressure cooker he's in now. The pecking order will be Yao, new SG, Aaron Brooks, Landry, Scola, and then Ariza. We will be very deep and very scary next year for every team in the NBA.

Dude, Vspan is better than this piece of trash. He has the lowest shooting percentage at his position in the league. Plus if he's bitching to Brooks about not passing the ball to him now, how do you think he'll be when nobody is passing him the ball cause he's the 5th or 6th option? He's already being a crybaby bitch about not getting to shoot the ball.

The Franchise
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM
^ He'll accept it because it's hard to argue when there are better options on offense. Besides, even if he does complain it will only cause him to be a permanent fixture to the bench. He will either play his role or not play a role at all. Next year we can afford to let him rot if he doesn't cooperate.