PDA

View Full Version : Important VOTE Fight Club Regular's on Prediction Rules

dbreiden83080
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Okay this is mainly for us regulars that compete in the predictions. I see Dallas posted some new thoughts on the rules

"IMO each person should have 5 bouts per card. 3 bouts MUST be off the main card. In the case of a Strikeforce card where sometimes they only have 4 fights, all fights must be chosen. If there is a injury or fight change a person is not penalized on all their picks if it is not changed but the bout that was not changed shall be idle."

The underlined part is where i disagree and i think we need to take a vote to settle it.. My take is i believe all fights on any main card must be picked. If that is the typical 5 from UFC cards or 4 or even 3 on other cards, but you must pick those main card fights. If we want to up it to 7 picks a UFC card to allow 2 pre-lim picks fine, but i would need some help this season with the tallies.. But the main issue is main card fights getting picked so you can't play it cheap by avoiding big fights that could go either way.. So MMA Fight Club Regulars,

lets vote

dbreiden83080
01-04-2010, 02:25 PM
For whatever reason my poll is not coming up, so lets just put our answer in the thread...

Yes to picking all fights on Main Card

Or NO??

ATRAIN
01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes to picking all fights on main card.

polandprzem
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
No

dbreiden83080
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Alright so we are 2-1 in favor of so far..

Stringer_Bell
01-04-2010, 06:43 PM
This is tough, but I'll say all fights on main card. It'll be more balanced, everyone chooses the same fights. BUT...we could also ONLY choose the amount of fights equal to the main card -- every UFC card (main/prelim) has ONLY 5 picks, Strikeforce (main/prelim) ONLY 4 picks. I'm just thinking it makes percentages and numbers easier to work with than having some people with 3 picks, some with 7, some with 5, etc...you pick whatever 4/5 fights you want depending on the promotion (ufc/strikeforce/dream/etc).

3-1

djohn14
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Well I dont have a problem with either...I say the "At least three off the main card" choice. A lot of the prelim fights arent gimmes or anything like that. I dont have a problem either way though.

dbreiden83080
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Well I dont have a problem with either...I say the "At least three off the main card" choice. A lot of the prelim fights arent gimmes or anything like that. I dont have a problem either way though.

We need a vote baby,

yes or no??

Edit wait you are against okay..

dallaskd
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
shit how about ONLY and ALL main card bouts count. even if its 3 or 6

dbreiden83080
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
shit how about ONLY and ALL main card bouts count. even if its 3 or 6

We can expand the number of picks to like 6 or 7 depending on the cards, so there are pre-lims, but since i know myself and a few others don't like getting to side-step some main card fights i just wanted a tally of

Pick all main card fights, yes or no? The rest is no big deal..

So far we have 3 for 2 against..

BlackSwordsMan
01-04-2010, 11:57 PM
why don't you guys just make a team on mmaplayground.com and compete against other guys?

ATRAIN
01-05-2010, 08:28 AM
why don't you guys just make a team on mmaplayground.com and compete against other guys?

Thats actually a good idea for us to do as well. Do you know how many people per team? Im down to start a team, anyone else wanna join me? I still want us to have our own however.

polandprzem
01-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I would like to have a chance to pick some fights from undercard.
Let's say hazelett will fight on the undercard next time and I want to pick him winning the fight and I can't just because we are suppose to predict main card bouts

desflood
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I'd like to see 5 picks per event, with at least 4 from the main card (with the main event being mandatory). The fifth can be from either televised or undercard.