PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

gospursgojas
04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Off the bat I am going to say that I am not giving up on the Spurs I still think they are going to win it all this year, nor Barry.

But I just finished watching Indiana beat Boston, and it got me missing S-Jax.

Is there anybody out there who the Spurs can pick up this off-season that can hit the long ball and drive and kick like he could?

Is Devin Brown the man up next year???

Brodels
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
The Spurs aren't going to have a lot of money to spend. If they are serious about bringing Scola over, and it seems like they are, he'll quite possibly require at least half of the MLE. And if they decide to keep Devin (which is still up in the air as far as I can tell), he'll take most or all of the rest of it.

If they don't invite Devin back, they could have a very small amount of money to work with, but not enough to get a real impact player. If they don't bring over Scola and don't bring back Brown, they'll have the MLE to play with, and that could bring a decent player.

Then again, Holt has to actually be willing to spend that money. And it's not a sure thing that he will.

Then again, this all assumes that the CBA will be similar next season. With a new collective bargaining agreement on the horizon, some things could change.

If the Spurs really want an SJax type of player, they will probably have to make a trade.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Devin won't use up any of the MLE. The Spurs have his Early Bird's Rights.