PDA

View Full Version : If Pacquiao trained for MMA

ChrisRichards
01-05-2010, 05:08 AM
will he b as successful?

dbreiden83080
01-05-2010, 02:21 PM
At getting taken down and submitted yes..

ezau
01-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Pac's too fast that he'll knock out half of his opponents even before they try taking them down. I really believe that he has enough power, agility, and quickness to excel in the MMA

BlackSwordsMan
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
he'll be taken down

dbreiden83080
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Pac's too fast that he'll knock out half of his opponents even before they try taking them down. I really believe that he has enough power, agility, and quickness to excel in the MMA

His hands are fast that doesn't mean his timing and rections to grappling and wrestling are.. IF you don't know anything about MMA this is a bad thing to bring up..

Hooks
01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
His hands are fast that doesn't mean his timing and rections to grappling and wrestling are.. IF you don't know anything about MMA this is a bad thing to bring up..

That's why he'd train for mma. Start off fighting scrubs, then start fighting better people.

I think Pacquiao could do it if he trained, he's in excellent physical condition and is a very hard worker. Hell, Brett "I changed tires at Sams Club" Rogers almost beat Fedor's ass who is supposedly the best MMA fighter in the world.

TheTruth
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
IF he devoted half a year to training especially for MMA, and worked his way through the ranks I'm sure he'd be a pretty dominant lightweight.

dbreiden83080
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
That's why he'd train for mma. Start off fighting scrubs, then start fighting better people.

I'm sure he could beat some cans, just like Anderson Silva could outbox some boxing guys that are cans.. But guys that start from great JJ or Wrestling backgrounds fair better/faster in MMA than guys who are coming from great striking backgrounds. The Ground game takes a long time to learn..

I think Pacquiao could do it if he trained, he's in excellent physical condition and is a very hard worker.

It's possible but it sure would not happen overnight. His acchiles heal would be that ground game and it would not be something he'd pick up and make a non-factor without years and years of training..

Hell, Brett "I changed tires at Sams Club" Rogers almost beat Fedor's ass who is supposedly the best MMA fighter in the world.

Actually Brett lost all of about 30 seconds of that fight and then he got

http://i35.tinypic.com/f4e5xh.jpg

ezau
01-13-2010, 04:04 AM

ever heard about training? If scrubs can compete in the octagon, I don't see any reason why an elite boxer like Pacquiao can't train for a couple of months to a year to hone his skills. He'll struggle initially, but his lighting quick lateral and punching skills KO anybody.

dbreiden83080
01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
If scrubs can compete in the octagon, I don't see any reason why an elite boxer like Pacquiao can't train for a couple of months to a year to hone his skills..

What scrubs are you referring too?? There are scrubs in MMA just like in boxing, that's how boxers can get records of 40-0 without facing anyone.. But there are not many in the UFC. Go through all the divisions and tell me how many cans are in the UFC? All the divisions are stacked these days.. And yes Manny could beat some c-level guys with part time training. But he'd have to train MMA full time for years to beat top notch guys. I already said and it's been proven that strikers have more trouble starting out than grapplers.. The ground game is everything in MMA..

TheMACHINE
01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
What scrubs are you referring too?? There are scrubs in MMA just like in boxing, that's how boxers can get records of 40-0 without facing anyone.. But there are not many in the UFC. Go through all the divisions and tell me how many cans are in the UFC? All the divisions are stacked these days.. And yes Manny could beat some c-level guys with part time training. But he'd have to train MMA full time for years to beat top notch guys. I already said and it's been proven that strikers have more trouble starting out than grapplers.. The ground game is everything in MMA..

:lol:lmao

dbreiden83080
01-13-2010, 07:07 PM
:lol:lmao

Pop Quiz..

What was Peter McNeeley's record pre-Mike Tyson??

cnyc3
01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Pop Quiz..

What was Peter McNeeley's record pre-Mike Tyson??

i think the machine is agreeing with ur statement, he was :lmao in reference to floyd

dbreiden83080
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
i think the machine is agreeing with ur statement, he was :lmao in reference to floyd

:lol

Well Floyd has fought some good fighters, but yeah he is a bitch these days..

ezau
01-15-2010, 05:18 AM

Scrubs. C-level fighters that have no business inside the Octagon. I agree with you with you that a lot of the fights in a boxer's career are just meant to pad their records though. Then again, I won't be surprised if Pacquiao lands his hail-mary left hook even against topnotch MMA competition. There are very few fighters in the MMA today that are fast as Pacquiao as far as punching and lateral movements are concerned.

Also, Pacquiao is an unorthodox boxer that even the most experienced MMA fighter will have a tough time to match up with.

cornbread
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Kermit Cintron has the potential to go further than Pac Man or Mayweather. Hence you'll never hear Dana White talk shit about him.

dallaskd
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I think he would be good if he fought MMA at 135. There's not much talent there to begin with. Lets say he fought BJ at 155, I think Pacquiao would get destroyed. Even if Pacman trained his ground game for 3 years, he wouldnt be near BJ's level.

TheMACHINE
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM

:toast

Booharv
01-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I like how everyone is so certain as to how he would do when it's a completely unknown variable. Hilarious.

You do realize some guy from the WWF came in and took over the UFC after you all laughed at him, right?

dbreiden83080
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
You do realize some guy from the WWF came in and took over the UFC after you all laughed at him, right?

Only people that laughed at Brock were those that didn't know about his true wrestling background. He was a national champion college wrestler the best in the country at Heavyweight. HE got rich in the WWE for a few years and then split.. That background combined with being a beast of an athlete made him very dangerous off the bat. All i've said is that Pac-man would have more trouble with MMA than guys starting out with wrestling/JJ bases. History of MMA has proven the ground game learning curve takes a long time..