PDA

View Full Version : Duncan 2nd in MVP consideration by yahoo

SinBAD
01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-s-2009-10-Award-Tour-January-edition;_ylt=Aq03pNdFguGMRkAMAAb3P168vLYF?urn=nba, 211875

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Nice...means absolutely nothing now, but it's good he is getting the recognition he deserves at this point in the season.

hsxvvd
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
It'll never happen, MVP is all about media hype and not actual impact.

blkroadrunners
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Good work on the MVP list. I'm glad the writer(s) took per-minutes and efficiency as consideration along w/ team records and production itself. Duncan's been playing very well especially for all under 36 minutes a game.

On a side note, I'm suprised why Lionel Hollins has the bid over Scott Brooks though. Hollins should be 4th, and Brooks should be in the top 3, imo.

TDMVPDPOY
01-05-2010, 03:14 PM
even if duncan coasts to end of the season with 23ppg 12rpg 2.5bpg top 3 team record, no....

media has lebronade testes flavour drink down their throats with kobe syrup on top....fkn homers

Spurs Brazil
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Most Valuable Player Watch

8. Tim Duncan, Spurs G MIN FG% 3P% FT% STL BLK RPG AST PTS PER
30 31.8 .549 .000 .761 0.6 1.8 10.2 3.0 20.0 28.1
Gregg Popovich: "With everything he's done for us, if our record was better, you'd hear people talking about him for MVP. We thought those years had passed." (Last week: 8 | Team record: 20-12)

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-100105/awards-watch

Allanon
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Gregg Popovich: "With everything he's done for us, if our record was better, you'd hear people talking about him for MVP.

That's the truth right there. I'm sure the media would love to give the MVP to Duncan.

But the MVP won't come from a team with a #7 record. If the rest of the team plays like Tim, they'd put him into the MVP running.

HarlemHeat37
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
The Rapist should be ahead of him..no idea how anybody can put Timmy ahead of him with the way the Lakers are playing compared to the Spurs..yes, Kobe's supporting cast is much better, but he's had to do a lot for them this year, so I'd say he's the #1 MVP at this point..

Baseline
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Great article. Duncan and LeBron should absolutely be in front of Bryant.

Glad to know these guys know what they're talking about. Too bad so few other people do...especially ESPN. ESPN thinks Duncan retired after winning the championship in 2007.

spurs_philippines
01-06-2010, 06:59 AM
what mvp consideration????? the apple of the eyes of the media and david stern is lebron and kobe ...

so sorry timmy... be like a thug to be respected

Phenomanul
01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Great article. Duncan and LeBron should absolutely be in front of Bryant.

Glad to know these guys know what they're talking about. Too bad so few other people do...especially ESPN. ESPN thinks Duncan retired after winning the championship in 2007.

Along those same lines, I think it's rather hypocritical for them to all of a sudden be praising defense (even suggesting that the Celtics had the best defensive team this decade :rolleyes) when all they could do during the Spurs defensive dominance of the league was call it 'boring and bland'....

It's a huge slap in the face to Duncan's achievements... part of what makes him such a once-in-a-generation type player...

This is one of the reasons I can't stand the Celtics...

xellos88330
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Along those same lines, I think it's rather hypocritical for them to all of a sudden to be praising defense (even suggesting that the Celtics had the best defensive team this decade :rolleyes) when all they could do during the Spurs defensive dominance of the league was call it 'boring and bland'....

It's a huge slap in the face to Duncan's achievements... part of what makes him such a once-in-a-generation type player...

This is one of the reasons I can't stand the Celtics...

I find this very true. It is one of the pains of being a small market with a superstar who doesn't prefer the spotlight.