PDA

View Full Version : Duncan ahead of Kobe in MVP race

SinBAD
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/BDL-s-2009-10-Award-Tour-January-edition;_ylt=Aq03pNdFguGMRkAMAAb3P168vLYF?urn=nba, 211875

4>0rings
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
:lmao

XFactor
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not surprised. With what TD has vs what Kobe has, TD has done much more to keep his team on top of the Rankings. Right now the only allstar worthy player on the Spurs is Tim Duncan with Ginobili and Parker far away from allstar status and for the Spurs to be where they are right now with the underachieving teammates shows why TD is the best PF in history.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
They say never count the Spurs out. I wouldn't count Duncan out either. Winning an MVP or another title or two would be a grand finish to his remarkable career. I wouldn't be surprised and neither should anyone if he pulls those feats off.

UrAphag
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
How many championships would kobe and duncan win if they were on the same team?

mind = http://washingtonbus.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/mindblown.jpg

redzero
01-05-2010, 02:44 PM
200+ reply topic.

XFactor
How many championships would kobe and duncan win if they were on the same team?

I don't think Duncan would want to play with Kobe.

TheMACHINE
You can have the MVP Tim, as longs as we get the rings.

TheMACHINE
01-05-2010, 02:45 PM

yah cuz Kobe wouldnt draw double teams and make Duncans life alot easier.

jonnybravo
01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm not surprised. With what TD has vs what Kobe has, TD has done much more to keep his team on top of the Rankings. Right now the only allstar worthy player on the Spurs is Tim Duncan with Ginobili and Parker far away from allstar status and for the Spurs to be where they are right now with the underachieving teammates shows why TD is the best PF in history.

Beginning of the season I thought the Spurs lineup was right on par with the Lakers.

Brazil
01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Duncan with another MVP would be awsome

NRHector
01-05-2010, 02:50 PM
ssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! F_U_buddy might get his feelings hurt

Trainwreck2100
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
that just means its going to lebron media loves their shitty hype machine

FkLA
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Beginning of the season I thought the Spurs lineup was right on par with the Lakers.

Pretty sure you were expecting Tony, Manu, and RJ to perform better than they have so far though. No question this is Tim's best team as far as talent goes but the whole team aside from him has been way too inconsistant all season. Hopefully Tim falls out of the MVP race though, cause that would be a result of him having to carry less of the load and other guys beginning to play better. That's the only way this team will have a shot at a championship.

lefty
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
No surprise here

namlook
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
PURE SWILL only because it's an article by Kelly Dwyer a well known Kobe hater. Nothing the guy says carries any weight. If this was printed on paper it would end up in the circular file.

He also said Eric Snow has been a better defender than Kobe over the past 10 years. Eric Snow has been on how many all-defensive teams? (Voted on by the head coaches).

namlook
01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not surprised. With what TD has vs what Kobe has, TD has done much more to keep his team on top of the Rankings.

Hahahaha! Yeah, Kobe has "only" hit THREE game winning shots in the past month.

Spursmania
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Hahahaha! Yeah, Kobe has "only" hit THREE game winning shots in the past month.

What's up Troll? :troll

Your trolling sucks though, you're way to obvious:lol

hater
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
no shit.

Duncan is a 7 footer, top 5 defender in the league and can still pour in 20/11 and 3 blks per game.

only homer Laker fans would disagree

XFactor
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
no shit.

Duncan is a 7 footer, top 5 defender in the league and can still pour in 20/11 and 3 blks per game.

only homer Laker fans would disagree

Add to the fact that he is only playing 32 minutes per game.

namlook
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
What's up Troll? :troll

Your trolling sucks though, you're way to obvious:lol

Funny. 80% of the threads and posts here are trolls and you're complaining?

Duncan is deserving of consideration. He should be in the top 5 or so but he's clearly not ahead of Kobe in the MVP race. He's only playing 32 minutes a game and the Spurs do not have one of the top records.

Duncan over Kobe in the MVP race right now is an Epic Fail

Allanon
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I disagree that Lebron and Duncan are ahead of Kobe given MVP criteria of best player on a top team. Sure, all 3 are deserving.

But Kobe is leading the league in scoring, has the best record in the NBA and hit 3 game winners and playing with a broken finger yet again without missing games.

And Pau, the 2nd best player, has been injured for 1/3 of the games. Both LeBron and Duncan have had relatively healthy teams.

I wouldn't have a problem giving props to Timmy or LeBron but I think Kobe's done more especially with Pau out.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
yah cuz Kobe wouldnt draw double teams and make Duncans life alot easier.

Or vice versa...I say 9:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: :lobt2::lobt2:

z0sa
01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Both LeBron and Duncan have had relatively healthy teams.

:rolleyes

Both Manu and Tony have been out for stretches (besides numerous roleplayers: Finley for the past 5 weeks, Bonner for a week and about 3-4 more, the lineups are shuffling dramatically just from Pop trying to figure out the team's strengths/weaknesses, etc) and both of their bodies are still recovering in some way from the summer. Manu especially.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I disagree that Lebron and Duncan are ahead of Kobe given MVP criteria of best player on a top team. Sure, all 3 are deserving.

But Kobe is leading the league in scoring, has the best record in the NBA and hit 3 game winners and playing with a broken finger yet again without missing games.

And Pau, the 2nd best player, has been injured for 1/3 of the games. Both LeBron and Duncan have had relatively healthy teams.

I wouldn't have a problem giving props to Timmy or LeBron but I think Kobe's done more especially with Pau out.

Manu was out almost a month, Parker's ankle wasn't right until a couple weeks ago and the team chemistry isn't there, yet they are 20-12....so no the team hasn't been relatively healthy, yet they are near the top in the standings. Sorry Laker fan, you get 2nd place. I know it's tough, but deal with it. LOL @ Laker fan always trying to 1 up any topic where the Lakers are 2nd place and the Spurs are in first. Who cares who is leading the MVP race? Who cares about the MVP, unless it's Finals MVP.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 03:55 PM
:rolleyes

Both Manu and Tony have been out for stretches (besides numerous roleplayers: Finley for the past 5 weeks, Bonner for a week and about 3-4 more, the lineups are shuffling dramatically just from Pop trying to figure out the team's strengths/weaknesses, etc) and both of their bodies are still recovering in some way from the summer. Manu especially.

No the Lakers are the best at everything that is the NBA....you can't say they are 2nd best or just "not the best" or they'll get butthurt.

lil_penny
01-05-2010, 03:59 PM
If m.v.p. was being based on injured teams then b roy should be way up there. He has stepped up and is averaging close to 28 5 and 5 since oden and pryz went down while helping keep the blazers in the pack.. until last night he had the longest active steaks of 20 or more point games in a row with 15 23 plus point games... he deserves some notable recognition also imo.

Also 2nd in nba in 4th qtr scoring

mogrovejo
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Lakers fans can't have it both ways. One day Pau is a top-3 big, Bynum an All-Star and Artest a DPOY contender; the other day Kobe is the MVP. Doesn't make sense unless the Lakers are playing way better than anyone else, which they aren't. They have been much more healthy than Boston and have been unable to create separation in the standings (and their PD is smaller).

LeBron is the leader.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:04 PM
If m.v.p. was being based on injured teams then b roy should be way up there. He has stepped up and is averaging close to 28 5 and 5 since oden and pryz went down while helping keep the blazers in the pack.. until last night he had the longest active steaks of 20 or more point games in a row with 15 23 plus point games... he deserves some notable recognition also imo.

Also 2nd in nba in 4th qtr scoring

:toast Good point.

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
:toast Good point.

No one asked you fat beaner.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
:lol
No one asked you fat beaner.

That never gets old :lol...LOL DETROIT PISTONS

Allanon
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Manu was out almost a month, Parker's ankle wasn't right until a couple weeks ago and the team chemistry isn't there, yet they are 20-12....so no the team hasn't been relatively healthy, yet they are near the top in the standings. Sorry Laker fan, you get 2nd place. I know it's tough, but deal with it. LOL @ Laker fan always trying to 1 up any topic where the Lakers are 2nd place and the Spurs are in first. Who cares who is leading the MVP race? Who cares about the MVP, unless it's Finals MVP.

Manu missed 5 games, Tony missed 4.

Pau missed 12, Ron Artest missed 5.

Spurs are 20-12
Lakers are 27-6

Duncan is deserving, but Kobe is more deserving due to better results.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Manu missed 5 games, Tony missed 4.

Pau missed 12, Ron Artest missed 5.

Spurs are 20-12
Lakers are 27-6

Duncan is deserving, but Kobe is more deserving due to better results.

Lakers are #1....we can only watch in shock and awe as they dominate all things NBA:rolleyes

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM

that never gets old :lol...lol detroit pistons

lol san antonio spurs

Allanon
01-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Lakers are #1....we can only watch in shock and awe as they dominate all things NBA:rolleyes

You don't have to like or root for the Spurs/Duncan or the Lakers/Kobe to be objective about players.

sendman
01-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Most Improved Player

1. Zach Randolph(notes)

2. Beno Udrih(notes)

It may not be the flashiest name, but Beno has gone from a point guard that can hurt his own team to an above-average contributor. It's all about the jump, not the landing, and though he's not an All-Star, that doesn't mean Udrih hasn't improved considerably.

Can somebody remind me what did the Spurs get in return for Udrih?:bang

Fabbs
01-05-2010, 04:19 PM
has Kome been able to surpass Pao Gasol as MVP on the Lakers this year?

With Gasols injuries i think Kobes should be considered.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Most Improved Player

1. Zach Randolph(notes)

2. Beno Udrih(notes)

It may not be the flashiest name, but Beno has gone from a point guard that can hurt his own team to an above-average contributor. It's all about the jump, not the landing, and though he's not an All-Star, that doesn't mean Udrih hasn't improved considerably.

Can somebody remind me what did the Spurs get in return for Udrih?:bang

More importantly, Udrih always kicks the Laker ass, I'm glad he's not on the Spurs.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:23 PM
lol san antonio spurs

LOL leaving Horry open
http://archives.record-eagle.com/2005/jun/21pistons.jpg

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
LOL leaving Horry open
http://archives.record-eagle.com/2005/jun/21pistons.jpg

LOL bean burritos and enchiladas.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:28 PM
LOL bean burritos and enchiladas.

Yeah b/c no one else in the USA eats that except SA...you're reaching bro...this is a sports forum, not Food Network. Go back to talking about how the Pistons are going to get Rafer Alston and how you are going to find a job since Ford laid all the janitors off.

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah b/c no one else in the USA eats that except SA...you're reaching bro...this is a sports forum, not Food Network. Go back to talking about how the Pistons are going to get Rafer Alston and how you are going to find a job since Ford laid all the janitors off.

Son I have a job and it's something that requires more than a UTSA degree.

Killakobe81
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM

You sir are an idiot ...of course he would and their games would be prefect complements. Duncan wouldnt care if kobe had spotlight ...I hav ebeen in sA Manu and TP have teh most "pink" jerseys and make highlights Tim just goes to work ...

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
everyone eats, not every eats pounds of lard fried beaner food like in SA.

Troll #2 in this thread.....and how many times have you been to SA???

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Son I have a job and it's something that requires more than a UTSA degree.

UNIVERSITY>ITT Tech

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
UNIVERSITY>ITT Tech

Son I went to Michigan, Michigan > UTSA

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Fat beaner went home crying. He must have freaked out when he looked down and couldn't find his feet.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
LOL Michigan...oh yeah that's waaaaaay better. The only people that think Michigan is better than other schools are people that went to Michigan...and yes I am sure you went to Michigan. You type like a high school 10th grader...good try though.

LOL@MavsFan
01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Fat beaner went home crying. He must have freaked out when he looked down and couldn't find his feet.

Yes I have a home....mine wasn't lost in foreclosure like in Broke Town

Killakobe81
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM

Duncan is deserving of consideration. He should be in the top 5 or so but he's clearly not ahead of Kobe in the MVP race. He's only playing 32 minutes a game and the Spurs do not have one of the top records.

IDK about epic Fail but it was melo/DIrk early then Kobe/Lebron but I wouldsay kobe slightly over Duncan ...MVP has to have atop 2 record based on past few years otherwise Kobe and Lebron would have at least 1 more eeach ...

Pero
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
More importantly, Udrih always kicks the Laker ass, I'm glad he's not on the Spurs.

I wonder how much Fisher has to do with that. :lol

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
LOL Michigan...oh yeah that's waaaaaay better. The only people that think Michigan is better than other schools are people that went to Michigan...and yes I am sure you went to Michigan. You type like a high school 10th grader...good try though.

Michigan > UTSA, and that's not opinion, it's fact.

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
No surprise here

Yup. No surprise that Dwyer shits out another anti-Kobe piece.

Walt Kowalski
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Yup. No surprise that Dwyer shits out another anti-Kobe piece.

Kinda like how your crack head mom shitted out a fucked up looking baby like yourself from her burnt out loose pussy.

Smooth Criminal
01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Duncan with another MVP would be awsome

You know, Honestly if Kobe couldn't get it, I would hope Tim Duncan got it. One of my favorite players. He's fun to watch for me. I enjoy watching a skilled player in the post over a tomahawk dunk anyday.

TheManFromAcme
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
You know, Honestly if Kobe couldn't get it, I would hope Tim Duncan got it. One of my favorite players. He's fun to watch for me. I enjoy watching a skilled player in the post over a tomahawk dunk anyday.

Same sentiment here. If it can't be Kobe, T.D. will do. You can say all you want about T.D. and his "boring" game but when "The" B-ball mind of all b-minds John Wooden pays respect to his game and would start a team with him, that speaks volumes.

iggypop123
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
the media hates kobe when it comes to the mvp voting. i mean wade got more 1st place votes last yr despite the fact the lakers wont more than 15 games than the heat. unless kobe gets 70 wins for the lakers, i dont see him finishing second at best, voters just dont want to give him another one

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
the media hates kobe when it comes to the mvp voting. i mean wade got more 1st place votes last yr despite the fact the lakers wont more than 15 games than the heat. unless kobe gets 70 wins for the lakers, i dont see him finishing second at best, voters just dont want to give him another one

That was true 3 years ago not anymore. Kobe's the consesus Media MVP thus far.

Kelly Dwyer is notorious for writing negative angles regarding Kobe. And she realizes that putting him # 3 on a list where Kobe should obviously be number 1 will generate interest and increase the hits her BLOG sees.

Killakobe81
01-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Lakers fans can't have it both ways. One day Pau is a top-3 big, Bynum an All-Star and Artest a DPOY contender; the other day Kobe is the MVP. Doesn't make sense unless the Lakers are playing way better than anyone else, which they aren't. They have been much more healthy than Boston and have been unable to create separation in the standings (and their PD is smaller).

LeBron is the leader.

Pau is not a top 3 big (top 5 maybe)
Bynum is a top 5 center but nowadays that means little ...
Lakers have best record with Kobe as constant ... long season but he is the MVP so far ...
And i CHOSE Lebron over Kobe because of stats with first pick in fantasy I have not been THAT impressed I should of taken Kobe i thought he would have to do less ...but with injuries

BlackSwordsMan
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
duncan #2 in MVP race but not even a mention in the DPOY award
teh fuck?

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
teh fuck?

The Spurs are 9th in defensive rating and Duncan is letting opposing centers post a 17.1 per against him.

He doesn't deserve any mention whatsoever for DPOY. Just be happy with the huge reach that Timmy is actually number 2 in the MVP race (he isn't).

iggypop123
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
teh fuck?

steve nash won 2 mvps

My Fault
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
The Spurs are 9th in defensive rating and Duncan is letting opposing centers post a 17.1 per against him.

He doesn't deserve any mention whatsoever for DPOY. Just be happy with the huge reach that Timmy is actually number 2 in the MVP race (he isn't).
Your Bynum man crush blinds you of recognizing any other players skills. We get it...

BlackSwordsMan
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

you're right in the end it doesn't even matter it's lebron's league now

21_Blessings
01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Your Bynum man crush blinds you of recognizing any other players skills. We get it...

You're good at making dumb posts. I always give Timmy his props but he's nowhere close to the DPOY this season. That's the area his game has fallen off the most and it shows.

Baseline
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
All Bryant does is shoot. Do you Laker fans watch games? LeBron James does ten thousand things in each game that would never even occur to Bryant. It's not in Bryant's DNA to play team ball at the level a LeBron or Duncan does. It's just a fact.

I know you morons love him, but in terms of being an all-around great player, Bryant simply isn't. If you think he is, you're dreaming. Bryant is a volume shooter, not a complete basketball player.

LeBron James is already a complete basketball player who is getting better every day. Tim Duncan has been a complete basketball player for years, and obviously still is.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
All Bryant does is shoot. Do you Laker fans watch games? LeBron James does ten thousand things in each game that would never even occur to Bryant. It's not in Bryant's DNA to play team ball at the level a LeBron or Duncan does. It's just a fact.

I know you morons love him, but in terms of being an all-around great player, Bryant simply isn't. If you think he is, you're dreaming. Bryant is a volume shooter, not a complete basketball player.

LeBron James is already a complete basketball player who is getting better every day. Tim Duncan has been a complete basketball player for years, and obviously still is.

LeBron's not made his teammates better. You constantly see fans say "if only LeBron had a great supporting cast like Kobe". Lebron's had an excellent cast of characters for the last several years...they didn't win 66 games last year as a fluke.

Kobe has fooled everybody into thinking Gasol, Odom, Fisher and Ariza are great players. Now you have Ron Artest even looking good.

Think about those same guys reputations before playing with Kobe (Gasoft, Odumb, "Delusional" Ariza, Ron Ron) and now look at them. Kobe has made them all better. How many teams could get away with a 34 year old Fisher as their starting PG?

Players leaving or playing with LeBron all get labeled as not being as good as Kobe's players ... it's not a coincidence.

Pero
01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
LeBron's not made his teammates better. You constantly see fans say "if only LeBron had a great supporting cast like Kobe".

Kobe has fooled everybody into thinking Gasol, Odom, Fisher and Ariza are great players. Now you have Ron Artest even looking good.

Think about those same guy's reputations before playing with Kobe (Gasoft, Odumb, "Delusional") and now look at them. Kobe has made them all better. How many teams could get away with a 34 year old Fisher as their starting PG?

Uh LOL. Gasol was/is a great player. Odom is still dumb. Artest was/is good and he's still crazy. I think Kobe hasn't changed any of that. Fisher isn't that good anymore, but when you've got Odom, Gasol and Artest with you you can mask many deficiencies.
Maybe Kobe only has a greater will to win and pulls everybody else with him.

Pero
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Players leaving or playing with LeBron all get labeled as not being as good as Kobe's players ... it's not a coincidence.

Well of course it isn't. Does Lebron have another franchise player on his team? Nope.
Put away Kobe and Lebron and Lakers would still beat the Cavs because they simply have better players.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Uh LOL. Gasol was/is a great player. Odom is still dumb. Artest was/is good and he's still crazy. I think Kobe hasn't changed any of that. Fisher isn't that good anymore, but when you've got Odom, Gasol and Artest with you you can mask many deficiencies.
Maybe Kobe only has a greater will to win and pulls everybody else with him.

If Pau was a great player, why was he called Gasoft?

If Odom is dumb, how is he a great player?

If Ron was good, why is he only worth the MLE?

And Ariza never even got PT in Orlando.

Fisher as a starting PG can only happen with Kobe.

They're only good players today, but before Kobe, they all had problems.

KidCongo
01-05-2010, 07:45 PM
LeBron's not made his teammates better. You constantly see fans say "if only LeBron had a great supporting cast like Kobe". Lebron's had an excellent cast of characters for the last several years...they didn't win 66 games last year as a fluke.

Think about those same guys reputations before playing with Kobe (Gasoft, Odumb, "Delusional" Ariza, Ron Ron) and now look at them. Kobe has made them all better. How many teams could get away with a 34 year old Fisher as their starting PG?

When those guys faced the Cavs this year they pretty much lived up to their reputations aswell as Kobe trying to hard to send a message to the refs instead of leading his team properly.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
When those guys faced the Cavs this year they pretty much lived up to their reputations aswell as Kobe trying to hard to send a message to the refs instead of leading his team properly.

Yup, Kobe's fooled everybody into thinking this is some mythical "stacked" Laker team when it's really made up of under-achievers.

Pero
01-05-2010, 07:50 PM
If Pau was a great player, why was he called Gasoft?

I don't know, I don't think I ever called him that.

If Odom is dumb, how is he a great player?

He's not a "great" player, but he is good. Making occasional dumb decisions doesn't make him a bad player. If he'd be on the Cavs he'd probably be their 2nd or 3rd best player.

If Ron was good, why is he only worth the MLE?

Who says he's only worth the MLE? That's what he got with the Lakers, doesn't mean he couldn't get more elsewhere (well, at least if he were saner).

Pero
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Fisher as a starting PG can only happen with Kobe.

Plus Gasol, Artest, Odom, Jackson...

They're only good players today, but before Kobe, they all had problems.

What makes you think those "problems" aren't there anymore? They're just hidden because the team is loaded.

KidCongo
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Yup, Kobe's fooled everybody into thinking this is some "stacked" Laker team when it's really made up of under-achievers.

Talent wise the starting line-up + Odom is very stacked, this you can't deny but Kobe and Fisher/PJ built a mental toughness in them. They aren't bulletproof however and still show these mental problems when faced with adversity (see Cavs game).

Allanon
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't know, I don't think I ever called him that.

There's like 20 pages of posts calling him gaSOFT. If he was good he would never have been called that. Somebody even brought up that he never even won 1 playoff game...there are no great players that have never even won 1 playoff game.

He's not a "great" player, but he is good. Making occasional dumb decisions doesn't make him a bad player. If he'd be on the Cavs he'd probably be their 2nd or 3rd best player.

Shaq is their 2nd best player, a HoF'er that still requires a double team. Odumb built his reputation on alot more than just occasional dumb mistakes. Prior to last year, he was constantly trade bait but nobody wanted him, there's a million articles about it.

Who says he's only worth the MLE? That's what he got with the Lakers, doesn't mean he couldn't get more elsewhere (well, at least if he were saner).

The Rockets didn't even want to pay him. That's why he left to take the MLE. Earlier this year, everybody was saying he was going to blow up the team and that the Lakers made a mistake because Ariza was better.

And Ariza got the MLE because of the great name he made with Kobe. In Orlando, he was a bench warmer. With Larry Brown, he was called delusional.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Plus Gasol, Artest, Odom, Jackson...

What makes you think those "problems" aren't there anymore? They're just hidden because the team is loaded.

Fisher started with Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Luke as well and they were #1 in the West.

duhoh
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM

you're retarded.

who would not want to play with the most feared 2-guard in the league?

hater
01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
you're retarded.

who would not want to play with the most feared 2-guard in the league?

X1000000

on the other hand, if Kobe was told Duncan was gonna play with him, he would check himself in to the first hotel in Boulder, Colorado to celebrate

Pero
01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
There's like 20 pages of posts calling him gaSOFT. If he was good he would never have been called that. Somebody even brought up that he never even won 1 playoff game...there are no great players that have never even won 1 playoff game.

You don't post Gasols numbers if you're not good. But even if Gasol is soft, it's still like I said. Kobe just masks it because he's the number one guy there and not Gasol.

Shaq is their 2nd best player, a HoF'er that still requires a double team.

I don't think so. Mo is their 2nd best player IMO. Shaq is a HoF, doesn't mean he's still playing like he used to.
For me it's more or less like this:
Gasol>anyone not named Lebron
Odom>anyone not named Mo
Artest>anyone else
Maybe you can switch Artest and Odom.

Odumb built his reputation on alot more than just occasional dumb mistakes. Prior to last year, he was constantly trade bait but nobody wanted him, there's a million articles about it.

So Kobe made him smarter in some way last season, but not before?

The Rockets didn't even want to pay him. ...

And how do you know his talent is the reason?

And Ariza got the MLE because of the great name he made with Kobe.

Ok I'll accept Ariza.

My Fault
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
You're good at making dumb posts. I always give Timmy his props but he's nowhere close to the DPOY this season. That's the area his game has fallen off the most and it shows.
I was referring the MVP comment. You give props to anyone outside the Lakers? Your the Thong of the Lakers.

Allanon
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
You don't post Gasols numbers if you're not good. But even if Gasol is soft, it's still like I said. Kobe just masks it because he's the number one guy there and not Gasol.

That's why Kobe makes his teammates better. Before Kobe, nobody would have considered Gasoft to be a Top 3 PF. Now he is.

I don't think so. Mo is their 2nd best player IMO. Shaq is a HoF, doesn't mean he's still playing like he used to.
For me it's more or less like this:
Gasol>anyone not named Lebron
Odom>anyone not named Mo
Artest>anyone else
Maybe you can switch Artest and Odom.

Sure, no need to argue over Shaq/Mo, so let's just go with this.

These are the players today. If you look at before Kobe.

Odom < Big Z < Shaq < Mo
Artest < any Cavs player due to his Craziness

So Kobe made him smarter in some way last season, but not before?

Lamar is a much better player now than before Kobe. It took some time but he is very good now.

And how do you know his talent is the reason?

It's never about talent when it comes to Ron Artest...he's a great talent. It's his craziness. Put him on a team without Kobe and they can't get rid of him fast enough.

Ron can't play well without a great player like Kobe that he respects. So because Ron respects him and won't go "crazy", Kobe has made Ron a much better player.

mavsluva
01-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Meh, big deal. I was actually winning the Boston Marathon for the first 27 seconds of the race. But no way could I maintain that pace for 26.2 miles!

My Fault
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
All Bryant does is shoot. Do you Laker fans watch games? LeBron James does ten thousand things in each game that would never even occur to Bryant.
:lol Do you even watch basketball? Kobe is the much better offensive player and when he commits he is a great defender. I don't like Kobe but I respect him.

Pero
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
That's why Kobe makes his teammates better. Before Kobe, nobody would have considered Gasoft to be a Top 3 PF. Now he is.

Maybe because he was on a losing team.

These are the players today. If you look at before Kobe.

Odom < Big Z < Shaq < Mo
Artest < any Cavs player due to his Craziness

Sorry, I don't understand what you posted here (maybe I should go to sleep hehe, it's 2.40am here), can you elaborate?

Lamar is a much better player now than before Kobe. It took some time but he is very good now.

Eh I'm not buying it.

It's never about talent when it comes to Ron Artest...he's a great talent. It's his craziness. Put him on a team without Kobe and they can't get rid of him fast enough.

Ron can't play well without a great player like Kobe that he respects. So because Ron respects him and won't go "crazy", Kobe has made Ron a much better player.

Of course he can play well. You don't get DPOY etc. if you don't play well. So he's not acting crazy, doesn't mean he's a better player.
(plus season not over yet, aren't you worried about jinxing him he he?)

Allanon
01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe because he was on a losing team.

They had 50+ wins. There ain't any great players who didn't even win 1 playoff game. He earned his Gasoft reputation.

Sorry, I don't understand what you posted here (maybe I should go to sleep hehe, it's 2.40am here), can you elaborate?

Odom before playing with Kobe was a decent inconsistent player. Now he's a very good player.

Of course he can play well. You don't get DPOY etc. if you don't play well. So he's not acting crazy, doesn't mean he's a better player.
(plus season not over yet, aren't you worried about jinxing him he he?)

Ron on every other team was a crazy ball-hog. Not any more with Kobe so he is a much better player. Ron respects Kobe too much to go crazy.

If you have to get to bed, that's fine. We can argue more tomorrow.

Pero
01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
If you have to get to bed, that's fine. We can argue more tomorrow.

They had 50+ wins. There ain't any great players who didn't even win 1 playoff game. He earned his Gasoft reputation.

They were swept by the Spurs who were championship contenders. Then they were swept by the Suns who were championship contenders. Then they were swept by the Mavs who were championship contenders. Suns, Spurs and Mavs were simply better teams.

Odom before playing with Kobe was a decent inconsistent player. Now he's a very good player.

How could Kobe improve Odom's consistency??

Ron on every other team was a crazy ball-hog. Not any more with Kobe so he is a much better player. Ron respects Kobe too much to go crazy.

Season is young. :D

Agloco
01-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Were you actually born with shit-for-brains, or did someone have to sit a few minutes on a shitter and donate their masterpiece to you?