PDA

View Full Version : Carter or Hedo?

j.dizzle
01-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Orl has a good record but they looked a lot better last year..Carter is a good player but it seems like he doesnt fit that well..He sure is a chucker :lol..Chemistry issues? bad coaching? Did Hedo make them better??

j.dizzle
01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
plus Ron Jeremy & Ewing dont know what they doing with Howard..Its a shame that such a good player is MIA on a team with a bunch of chuckers.

XFactor
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
There about the same as last year during the first 33 games.

2009: First 33 games -- 26-7
2010: First 33 games -- 24-9

They're sure going to miss Hedo in clutch situations though.

ginobili's bald spot
01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Carter is obviously a better player. But Hedo made them a match up problem for certain teams like the Cavs. That being said, they weren't going to win a championship with that group. Ultimately I think they improved against everybody EXCEPT against the Cavs and Celtics (the two teams they have to beat). Hedo gave them the match up advantage that allowed them to beat the Cavs and they don't have that anymore. And the Celtics added the Howard stopper in Rasheed.

JoeTait75
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Carter is obviously a better player. But Hedo made them a match up problem for certain teams like the Cavs. That being said, they weren't going to win a championship with that group. Ultimately I think they improved against everybody EXCEPT against the Cavs and Celtics (the two teams they have to beat). Hedo gave them the match up advantage that allowed them to beat the Cavs and they don't have that anymore. And the Celtics added the Howard stopper in Rasheed.

This.

Hedo made them a weird, unconventional team that was very, very tough to match up with- especially for the Cavaliers.

The Vince makes them more conventional. And he has to have his shots. If he's putting it up 25-30 times a night, I like my chances against them.

DAF86
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM

What makes him better than Hedo? The fact that he can jump higher? or is it that he takes a lot of shots?

Neither player can lead a team to a championship so to win one they have to play as role players and for that: Hedo > Carter and that IMO makes Hedo > Carter as a basketball player.

Hedo plays basketball in the right way: he knows when to shoot, when to pass and when to stay the fuck away.

Carter on the other hand feels like he has to score and take shots to help his team and when you are in a talented team and in an off night the last thing you want to do is to take shots away from your teammates. He doesn't know how to play team ball and be effective when his shot isn't falling, and when his shot is falling he ballhogs a little bit and takes his teammates out of rythm.

lefty
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I never liked the Hedo-VC swap in the 1st place.

Orlando is not returning to the NBA Finals

Killakobe81
01-06-2010, 01:16 AM
IDK I think Vince can help ...but losing hedu hurts their versatility ...For example you could play Pietrus Rashard Howard Turk and a PG and switch without losing much because their forwards had size and quickness ...now if Pietrus play sthey are small and skinny up front Pierce and Lebron will destroy VC inside and they could put Pietrus on those guys but now VC has to contest a shoote like ray or House on Celts or Parker and Boobie on Cavs ...I agree no return trip not because of VC's offense but defense and lack of size ...
Howard needs a post game ...

Chieflion
01-06-2010, 01:18 AM
There is nothing wrong with Carter. He is fitting in well. Dwight Howard is just not as good as he was last season which is a huge difference.

chubster
01-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Magic fans are going berserk right now about VC. Not because of his game, which is horrible lately, but because he doesn't seem to care about winning. They showed him laughing and joking around on the bench when the Magic were down 10 in the 4th quarter.

blkroadrunners
01-06-2010, 02:30 AM
There is nothing wrong with Carter. He is fitting in well. Dwight Howard is just not as good as he was last season which is a huge difference.

This.

Also, Jameer Nelson has been in and out of the lineup, and is still trying to back to his regular self, before he got injuried last year. They're also trying to still adjust 5 new players into their roster.

lil_penny
01-06-2010, 02:33 AM
i like carter on the team much better.. the pg area is their troubled spot right now with jameer being in and out and nothing against white chocolate but for some reason i like the way raefer fit that spot.. its a shame he had to go.

redzero
01-06-2010, 02:51 AM

Defenders having been shutting Howard down.

Chieflion
01-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Defenders having been shutting Howard down.
Doesn't take much. All the centers got to do is to man up and not let him establish position. If he does establish position, hack him and send him to the line.

KidCongo
01-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Dwight is attempting less than 9 shots a game. Why?

VC has started the new year great shooting 8/40. Yes 20% whilst the Magic have gone 1-2.

Chieflion
01-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Dwight is attempting less than 9 shots a game. Why?

VC has started the new year great shooting 8/40. Yes 20% whilst the Magic have gone 1-2.
Hopefully, this is a slump for VC. He was just injured mid December so he should get back on track soon. Teams have been figuring Dwight's offense out.

KidCongo
01-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Hopefully, this is a slump for VC. He was just injured mid December so he should get back on track soon. Teams have been figuring Dwight's offense out.

Ok cheers I didn't know he was injured.

ginobili's bald spot
01-06-2010, 03:36 AM
What makes him better than Hedo? The fact that he can jump higher? or is it that he takes a lot of shots?

:lol Are you seriously trying to say that Hedo is better than Vince Carter? Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement and no facts or nobody will back that up. Despite his warts Vince Carter is a future hall of famer. Hedo isn't even an all star caliber player. He's a roll player. That's all he ever has been and that's all he ever will be. Those are the facts sorry.

DAF86
01-06-2010, 06:56 AM
:lol Are you seriously trying to say that Hedo is better than Vince Carter?

Yes, Hedo knows how to play basketball and understands the game, VC knows how to jump high, take some shots and rest on defense.

Despite his warts Vince Carter is a future hall of famer

Yeah, good luck with that.

Venti Quattro
01-06-2010, 07:19 AM
P4P skills, Carter is hands-down more skilled than Hedo.

Hedo is a better fit with Orlando though. They shouldn't have played for Vince.

Chieflion
01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
P4P skills, Carter is hands-down more skilled than Hedo.

Hedo is a better fit with Orlando though. They shouldn't have played for Vince.
Hedo wanted to leave. There was no choice. They paid him through a sign and trade.