View Full Version : Draft Prospect: Jeremy Lin

exstatic
01-05-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.asianhoops.com/BASKETBALL%20PICTURES/JEREMY%20LIN.jpg
Height: 6-3
Weight: 200 lbs
Birthday: 08/23/1988
College: Harvard

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeremy-Lin-5802/)

-------------------------------------------
Senior - Harvard

6'3" guard

18.1p 5.3r 4.5a 2.7s

Against Big East and ACC

24.3p 65% FG :wow

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Bump. Just seeing if anyone here had spotted Lin. Watching the NYK/LAL game.

widowmaker
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes I have seen him and he's a fluke.

widowmaker
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Not only that. I cant wait for the spurs to play the Knicks so tony could break his ankles.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry, doing what he's doing against NBA competition isn't a fluke. Barely into the 3rd Q and he already has 22 and 5 against the Lakers. He's sort of a pocket Manu. Not much athletically, by NBA standards, but a motor that won't quit.

Solid D
02-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I was impressed with him in the summer league when he played for the Mavs. Good speed, quickness and lots of flair that got the crowd behind him.

DPG21920
02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I was at the Summer League when he tore up John Wall.

timvp
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
38 more points tonight so far. Averaging 28.5 points in the last four games.

Pretty ridiculous.

I thought he looked pretty good in the preseason with the Rockets but ... wow.

ducks
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
and the lakers passed on him....

timvp
02-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Rockets claimed him off waivers and then the Knicks claimed him off waivers. I don't think the Lakers (or the Spurs, for that matter) ever had a chance to sign him.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah, you cant "fluke" or fake your way to 38 points. He's done well every game so far. He's tough, unafraid, and fundamentally sound. He has too many turnovers right now, but his court vision will clean that up in time. That late 4th Q drive down the left side with the under reverse layup was SO Manu.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the Rockets claimed him off waivers and then the Knicks claimed him off waivers. I don't think the Lakers (or the Spurs, for that matter) ever had a chance to sign him.

EVERYONE passed on him in the 2010 draft, including us.

baseline bum
02-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow, that game was amazing. Dude was hitting the jumper, scoring off the dribble, finishing at the rim... incredible.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM
EVERYONE passed on him in the 2010 draft, including us.

ANOTHER MISTAKE BY THE SPURS FO :bang ITS TIME TO GET RID OF POP AND BUFORD (Sorry could not write in blue).

Rapper
02-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Jermey Lin is the hottest star in the NBA this season, he successfully achieved "the american dream". Different from a lot of guys in NBA, J-Lin is such a humble and low-key kid out of the court.( kinda like Timmy). I like his passion when making some and-1 plays.

In the rest of the states, people think that baskteball is a game just belongs to black and white. J-Lin -Sanity story has been inspired a lot of young kids in Asia.

I'm so honored that our parents come from the same place. he was undrafted and waived to D-league , struggled that whether could be able to stay in the NBA or not.

Lin is now a star PG already . hopefully he can keep it up

lefty
02-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Im a fan

Buddy Holly
02-10-2012, 11:18 PM
He got over 20 shots in the game.

That number will go down to 10-15 once Amare and Melo return.

dougp
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Yeah, a lot of people are overlooking that the teams two biggest stars are out. It's also only been 5 games - anyone remember what happened when Udrih went to the Kings and started playing out of his mind? Regardless, the kid can play but it'll be fun to see how long he can maintain it.

TDomination
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM
His game is pretty remarkable, but I didn't know what to think of him. Then I heard his post game interview with ESPN and I like him. Very humble

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 11:26 PM

Since when is there EVER a shortage of shots in a D'Antoni offense? :lol His assists will likely go up, though, as two key starters return. He's essentially starting with two reserves.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, a lot of people are overlooking that the teams two biggest stars are out. It's also only been 5 games - anyone remember what happened when Udrih went to the Kings and started playing out of his mind? Regardless, the kid can play but it'll be fun to see how long he can maintain it.I think the Knicks have the green light to trade Melo and/or A'm'a'r'e' now.

Stump
02-10-2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder how much money this kid will make when he becomes a free agent. Will the Knicks be desperate to keep him or will they let somebody else overpay him?

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I think the Knicks have the green light to trade Melo and/or A'm'a'r'e' now.

My money would be on Amar'''''''e. His scoring really isn't needed now and his defense is shit.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I wonder how much money this kid will make when he becomes a free agent. Will the Knicks be desperate to keep him or will they let somebody else overpay him?The Knicks are completely in the drivers seat. They have the money to spend already and will get all of Houston's old Chinese sponsors to boot.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah, a lot of people are overlooking that the teams two biggest stars are out. It's also only been 5 games - anyone remember what happened when Udrih went to the Kings and started playing out of his mind? Regardless, the kid can play but it'll be fun to see how long he can maintain it.

Anyone who saw his playoff performances knew that Beno is mentally weak. Nothing like Lin, who seems to thrive on pressure.

Rapper
02-10-2012, 11:35 PM
760 k this season. so worthy

Stump
02-10-2012, 11:40 PM
The Knicks are completely in the drivers seat. They have the money to spend already and will get all of Houston's old Chinese sponsors to boot.
He will be unrestricted, right?

Rapper
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Yep but the point is Melo and Amare led the Knicks to lost 11 of their last 13 games before Lin's debut .However, J-Lin carried the team to win 4 games in a row (including the empire Kobe)

Buddy Holly
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Since when is there EVER a shortage of shots in a D'Antoni offense? :lol His assists will likely go up, though, as two key starters return. He's essentially starting with two reserves.

Except Melo isn't a catch and shoot player. Most passes to Melo will not result in a assist. Now Amare is a different story.

ChumpDumper
02-10-2012, 11:44 PM
He will be unrestricted, right?Restricted. He's still on his original Golden State contract.

Rapper
02-10-2012, 11:45 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/432116_3010646517862_1613486488_2622336_2137824291 _n.jpg

timvp
02-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I wonder how much money this kid will make when he becomes a free agent. Will the Knicks be desperate to keep him or will they let somebody else overpay him?

If Lin is even half as good as he's showing now, he'd probably be worth max money in a business sense. It'll be interesting to see if any team overpays him knowing that they'd make up for any lack of basketball production in other ways.

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Dude is a Harvard graduate which says alot tbh

Latarian Milton
02-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Yep but the point is Melo and Amare led the Knicks to lost 11 of their last 13 games before Lin's debut .However, J-Lin carried the team to win 4 games in a row (including the empire Kobe)

you've made some funny posts lately , hopefully you keep up the fine work too . :lol

Stump
02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
It looks like he is still on his original contract, he's just been picked up on waivers twice. So I guess he will be restricted?

BackHome
02-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I actually wanted us to get him instead of Smiley.....He does play like a poor mans Manu and that is a prop!

phxspurfan
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
The Knicks are completely in the drivers seat. They have the money to spend already and will get all of Houston's old Chinese sponsors to boot.

This. Dude is the asian D-Wade. Untouchable and unquestioned leader of the Knicks.

Borosai
02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't expect Stoudemire to have any problems with Lin. Hit'n'Run is another matter.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-11-2012, 01:20 AM
That kid is filthy. Tamp down the turnovers, and you've easily got a top 10 point guard!

I Heart Ginobili
02-11-2012, 01:21 AM
If Lin is even half as good as he's showing now, he'd probably be worth max money in a business sense. It'll be interesting to see if any team overpays him knowing that they'd make up for any lack of basketball production in other ways.

Very interesting. He could be the new Yao, drawing in the asian markets.

BanditHiro
02-11-2012, 02:12 AM
kawahi on lin???

Libri
02-11-2012, 02:17 AM
He's giving my fantasy team a huge boost. :smokin

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Jermey Lin is the hottest star in the NBA this season, he successfully achieved "the american dream". Different from a lot of guys in NBA, J-Lin is such a humble and low-key kid out of the court.( kinda like Timmy). I like his passion when making some and-1 plays.

In the rest of the states, people think that baskteball is a game just belongs to black and white. J-Lin -Sanity story has been inspired a lot of young kids in Asia.

I'm so honored that our parents come from the same place. he was undrafted and waived to D-league , struggled that whether could be able to stay in the NBA or not.

Lin is now a star PG already . hopefully he can keep it up

no offense, you and every asian wanker still living in t he motherland t rying to claim credit of someone elses hardwork, i hate shit like that....when ur country didnt offered him shit or raise him up....isnt he an ABC...

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Very interesting. He could be the new Yao, drawing in the asian markets.

his playin better then yao for his career...lol

silverblk mystix
02-11-2012, 05:56 AM
:pop:"I would have played Neal, Green & Anderson at point...and then sent Lin to the Toros before waiving him."

dbestpro
02-11-2012, 08:15 AM
This game is so funny. Almost every time Lin has touched the floor he has torched the opponents, and yet no one could see his skills until now when he gets extended minutes.

Makes you wonder if there is a big out there that could be the next Lin. You know, somebody with skills, that's big, that just doesn't get enough minutes. A player who shows up every game, but for some reason his coach just cannot see his value. I wonder where we might find someone like that? Hmmmm?

DrSteffo
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
I was skeptical until I watched him play...wow did he prove me wrong. I believe the hype now.

romain.star
02-11-2012, 08:40 AM
no offense, you and every asian wanker still living in t he motherland t rying to claim credit of someone elses hardwork, i hate shit like that....when ur country didnt offered him shit or raise him up....isnt he an ABC...

You hate a lot of things tbh

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 08:42 AM
kawahi on lin???

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Throw some length/athleticism at him. Don't go for pump fakes or attempt in any way to block his shot, just contest.

will_spurs
02-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I think the Knicks have the green light to trade Melo and/or A'm'a'r'e' now.

Exactly what I was thinking, they can now get rid of the 2 chuckers/losers and start anew.

By the way here is the all-time list (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=2012&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=LAL&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=38&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts) of players who dropped more than 38 on the Lakers. Not many flukes in there...

doldrums
02-11-2012, 09:44 AM
He has scored the most points in his 1st 3 starts as a pro (89) than anyone else since the ABA-NBA merger. the previous record was 80.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 09:46 AM
This game is so funny. Almost every time Lin has touched the floor he has torched the opponents, and yet no one could see his skills until now when he gets extended minutes.

Makes you wonder if there is a big out there that could be the next Lin. You know, somebody with skills, that's big, that just doesn't get enough minutes. A player who shows up every game, but for some reason his coach just cannot see his value. I wonder where we might find someone like that? Hmmmm?

Anyone over 6'10" doesn't get missed. There is definitely a big man bias to scouting. If you're that tall, and can walk OR chew bubble gum, you're getting a shot.

Guards apparently fall through the cracks all the time. Lin, Morrow, Azubuike just in the last few years.

weebo
02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Not buying into the hype yet. Give it another month or so and if he's still playing at this level by then I'd say he's legit.

dylankerouac
02-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm a fan.

Rapper
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
But to be honest. Lin's playing type is kinda like Steve Nash, I don't think he could play very well under the spurs system

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Not buying into the hype yet. Give it another month or so and if he's still playing at this level by then I'd say he's legit.

He can't continue at this level, because the two All Stars will return. He will continue to play well, and you'd realize that if you'd watched the Laker game.

Why is it so cool to disbelieve?

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
But to be honest. Lin's playing type is kinda like Steve Nash, I don't think he could play very well under the spurs system

Horse shit. He's fundamentally sound, smart, and understands the game.

will_spurs
02-11-2012, 10:25 AM

If he keeps playing at that level for a month he's the best guard in this league. I think there's a bit of room between a viable NBA player and simply the best. Even if he receded to 15 & 5 he would still be the best news for the Knicks in 10 years.

SpurNation
02-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Ironic that after so many years of overpaying and over hyping it's players NY gets a diamond in the rough from a player that was brought in for nothing else than insurance.

Spur fan who criticizes management for not selecting him in the draft or picking him up off waivers are only looking at the situation via hindsight being 20/20. He simply was not impressive prior to this recent outburst.

It will be interesting to see what NY does with it's over paid trio. My bet...one is going to be traded. Hello to Dwight Howard?

lmbebo
02-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Horse shit. He's fundamentally sound, smart, and understands the game.

I do agree. He's playing out of his mind right now and it won't continue, but I think he can be a consistent 15/5 player. He'll also give you 4-5 rbis, 1 stl, etc. He fills up the stat sheet (also a good amount of TO right now too).

It would take awhile for him to adjust to Pop and vice versa. But thats all irrelevant anyways. He's not coming to SA. He's revived the Knicks.

I think if he continues to work on his game, and he will, he will have a great career. I think he needs to improve his outside shooting. Cut down on turnovers. But right now, its just refreshing to watch him play.

txstr1986
02-11-2012, 01:10 PM
He's giving my fantasy team a huge boost. :smokin

Yeah, you picked him up about an hour before I tried to.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smchode:

daslicer
02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
He would have never made it on the spurs. You have to have two things going for you to make it in this league which is talent and opportunity. He would have never gotten the opportunity here to prove himself especially with Pop.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 01:28 PM
He would have never made it on the spurs. You have to have two things going for you to make it in this league which is talent and opportunity. He would have never gotten the opportunity here to prove himself especially with Pop.

Gary Neal
Danny Green
George Hill
...all say hello

This Pop hate is just getting stupid.

Solid D
02-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Little did Nike know when they gave Lin a 3-yr shoe contract in 2010 that they were getting this!!!

Proxy
02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Calm down. I'm seeing some ridiculous statements on the guy. It's only been a handful of games.

mexpurs21
02-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I see him as a Steve Nash without the insane long range shooting that can finish at the rim like Tony Parker

Wild Cobra Kai
02-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I've seen a couple of comparisons to Nash, and I don't see it. 60-65% of the time, Nash is dribbling the baseline behind the backboard, looking for someone in the lane or one of the corners. He's pretty much unique.

Lin is much more of a traditional straight on attacker, preferring to create mismatches by breaking down the defense and driving to the rim.

Reck
02-11-2012, 02:45 PM

His points will take a dive and his progress might be hampered once Melo and Amare are back.

The Knicks should make Melo adjust to the kid, not the other way around.

This team is jellin' like right. Too bad it Melo will fuck things up.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-11-2012, 03:00 PM

This. New York's revenues just skyrocketed.

4down
02-11-2012, 03:08 PM
He's going to invest his 760k and turn it ito 20 Mil. book it.

Barfunk
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
NBA TICKER says Jeremy Lin is the NBA's hottest sensation. Playing for a huge market like New York certainly doesn't hurt.

Brutalis
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I wonder what his TO average is? Probably cancels out his assists.

EFF is so worthless on a random note. K Love is getting 30 points and 18 rebs with just 2 TOs and has just +5 EFF? dats ignant

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I wonder what his TO average is? Probably cancels out his assists.

EFF is so worthless on a random note. K Love is getting 30 points and 18 rebs with just 2 TOs and has just +5 EFF? dats ignant

this guy posts up meaningless stats man, i dont care if his team wins...dude is all about the statpadding....

Capt Bringdown
02-11-2012, 10:24 PM
this guy posts up meaningless stats man, i dont care if his team wins...dude is all about the statpadding....

Lin with the assist on the 3 to tie, and with the go-ahead FT. Meaningless?

hater
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM

LOL hope u trollin

Knicks are 5-0 with Lin starting. playing buch of scrubs

Mr. Body
02-11-2012, 11:21 PM
This Knicks team has no business winning these games. Iman Shumpert, Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin, Steve Novak, Bill Walker? Tyson Chandler, of course, is quite good. But the rest of the team is just trash -- or should be.

And yet they've ripped off 6 in a row. Anthony could really throw this off.

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 11:41 PM
LOL hope u trollin

Knicks are 5-0 with Lin starting. playing buch of scrubs

i was quoting the poster above me who was talkin about kevin love, which is the player im replying too...

as for LIN, just another player in a good situation who has no pg and stupid system to run freely....remember b4 lin, there was that other scrub schubert who knickfans were already sayin his ROY....Lin is doing good so far

Rapper
02-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Lin got 20+ 7+ in 5 consecutive games. over Lebron James to become #1 in the league this season

Brutalis
02-12-2012, 03:00 AM

Explain how he pads stats though? Minnesota runs plays for him and through him. He shoots 45% which is above average, and is a better 3P shooter than probably any other big in the league just about. He's averaging more TOpg and fouls per game because he's being a helluva lot more aggressive this year.

I think his attitude is that of a middle aged woman who suddenly realized it's not menopause, and that she's really pregnant. He's a bitch, for sure. But he's still productive like a mofo. I could only wet my pets in a dream that we got as many 2nd chance opportunities he provides his team with his rebounding. Too bad nobody on his team can score though.

Manufan909
02-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Im a fan

Same here. He is Manu-lite on the court, and Timmy-lite in the press room.:toast

Rapper
02-12-2012, 04:40 AM
Same here. He is Manu-lite on the court, and Timmy-lite in the press room.:toast

well said:toast

Harry Callahan
02-12-2012, 08:40 AM
SA passed on Lin twice with James Anderson and Ryan Richards (a futures type guy).

The FO immediately signed Gary Neal to a three year deal during the summer league.

I doubt very seriously (at the time) that SA would pass on James Anderson for Jeremy Lin (the guy played at Harvard).

In hindsight, Lin should have been a second round pick. He could have helped the Spurs, but they also had Tony Parker and George Hill at the time.

Houston cut him in training camp this year - they had Lowry and Brooks at the time or Lowry and Dragic. The "great" Daryl Morey (the Northwestern/MIT boy genius) saw him in person on a daily basis for an abbreviatedtraining camp and cut him. Morey has already said he wishes he had a do-over.

Golden State signed him in to a two year guaranteed deal in 2010 and failed to use him. The mavericks offered him one year guaranteed deal in 2010 as well but he took the two year deal with GS.

This Knicks thing with Lin is a right place, right time situation. It happens. Danny Green has been a nice pickup for the Spurs and the clueless Bobcats could not find a place for him. Shoot, the Spurs cut Green last year. Green just buckled down and got better and the Spurs benefitted from that.

SpurNation
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
SA passed on Lin twice with James Anderson and Ryan Richards (a futures type guy).

The FO immediately signed Gary Neal to a three year deal during the summer league.

I doubt very seriously (at the time) that SA would pass on James Anderson for Jeremy Lin (the guy played at Harvard).

In hindsight, Lin should have been a second round pick. He could have helped the Spurs, but they also had Tony Parker and George Hill at the time.

Houston cut him in training camp - they had Lowry and Brooks at the time or Lowry and Dragic. The "great" Daryl Morey (the Northwestern/MIT boy genius) saw him in person on a daily basis for a full, regular training camp and still cut him. Morey has already said he wishes he had a do-over.

This Knicks thing with Lin is a right place, right time situation. It happens. Danny Green has been a nice pickup for the Spurs and the clueless Bobcats could not find a place for him. Shoot, the Spurs cut Green last year. Green just buckled down and got better and the Spurs benefitted from that.

Solid take. :toast

ChumpDumper
02-12-2012, 01:08 PM
People are retconning the 2010 draft?

Had anyone posted in this thread two years ago, they'd have a case.

jag
02-12-2012, 01:10 PM

You are a horrible poster. Like absolutely terrible. You've been that way for a really long time now. I'm not even referring this post specifically, because I couldn't care any less about Jeremy Lin. I just wanted to remind you how completely shitty you really are.

Mel_13
02-12-2012, 01:13 PM
You are a horrible poster. Like absolutely terrible. You've been that way for a really long time now. I'm not even referring this post specifically, because I couldn't care any less about Jeremy Lin. I just wanted to remind you how completely shitty you really are.

:lol

Kind of like ducks with a lobotomy.

ffadicted
02-12-2012, 01:21 PM

lol well said, deserves pink imo

MavDynasty
02-12-2012, 02:53 PM
he is an anime loving faggot :lol

vander
02-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I only saw the utah game, but this guy looks to me just to be a solid, blue collar, fundamentally sound player who's on fire at the moment and catching teams by surprise. won't last. :wakeup

Wild Cobra Kai
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I only saw the utah game, but this guy looks to me just to be a solid, blue collar, fundamentally sound player who's on fire at the moment and catching teams by surprise. won't last. :wakeup

A lot of people said that about Manu. Here we are in his tenth season. Jeremy has the same smarts and high revving motor.

vander
02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Manu fundamental and blue collar? those are the last things I would have used to describe Manu in his youth.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
No left hand, which the league will work out soon enough, but he certainly looks like a decent player otherwise.

MI21
02-13-2012, 10:25 AM
No left hand, which the league will work out soon enough, but he certainly looks like a decent player otherwise.

He seems fine finishing on his left so far.

We won't really know if he can go left until teams force it upon him, which I'm sure is coming.

ducks
02-14-2012, 12:15 AM
teams do not force manu to shot with the right he drives left all the time

Man In Black
02-14-2012, 01:17 AM

Houston cut him in training camp - they had Lowry and Brooks at the time or Lowry and Dragic. The "great" Daryl Morey (the Northwestern/MIT boy genius) saw him in person on a daily basis for a full, regular training camp and still cut him. Morey has already said he wishes he had a do-over.

Part of it is that they needed the money to get Dalambert. Lin always had skills, it's just that most GM's are looking for those skills to stand out in someway, like be accompanied with a 40 inch vertical, or lightning fast. Guys like Steve Nash and JJ Barea have shown that there is a place in the NBA where guys can thrown a perfect bounce pass into the lane, or shoot from distance with accuracy. It's just that the 4-letter never bothered to cover it until the guys that did it played in New York.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487
Maybe they should have seen this set of stats with regards to College PG's ready for the NBA.
This guy's take the year Lin was available for the draft had him as the #2 most NBA ready PG coming out of College.

therealtruth
02-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Part of it is that they needed the money to get Dalambert. Lin always had skills, it's just that most GM's are looking for those skills to stand out in someway, like be accompanied with a 40 inch vertical, or lightning fast. Guys like Steve Nash and JJ Barea have shown that there is a place in the NBA where guys can thrown a perfect bounce pass into the lane, or shoot from distance with accuracy. It's just that the 4-letter never bothered to cover it until the guys that did it played in New York.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487
Maybe they should have seen this set of stats with regards to College PG's ready for the NBA.
This guy's take the year Lin was available for the draft had him as the #2 most NBA ready PG coming out of College.

I'm not sure how you do over. Is Lin better than Lowry or Dragic? I think time will tell. Part of it is the offensive system. He seems to thrive in D'Antonio's system.

sehui
02-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Amare is coming back tommorow, so we shall see what's up.

A lot of Lin's success has to do with the current injuries (he's pretty much the no. 1 option) and the Dantoni system.

Not to discredit any of his skills, he definitely had the talent to be drafted that year.

CGD
02-18-2012, 12:09 AM
I thought this was neat, dude is cashing in on his 15 minutes: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/17/jeremy-lin-linsanity-trademark_n_1285608.html

Kewni Leonard
02-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Good story and all but I wouldn't want him on my team if I was a contender. Turns the ball over a shit ton and that shooting percentage is gonna drop. This type of player needs the ball A LOT to be effective; you have to ask yourself... do you want the ball in the hands of Amare Stoudemire or Jeremy Lin? Carmelo Anthony or Jeremy Lin? I mean, props and all, he's playing out of his mind, but you can't win in the playoffs with him dominating the ball... that's for damn sure.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:36 AM
A lot of people said that about Manu. Here we are in his tenth season. Jeremy has the same smarts and high revving motor.

For comparison sake, I'd at least pick someone who plays the same position. Lots of players have "smarts" and "motor".

Personally whenever I see Jeremy Lin I think of a young Steve Nash.

TJastal
02-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Good story and all but I wouldn't want him on my team if I was a contender. Turns the ball over a shit ton and that shooting percentage is gonna drop. This type of player needs the ball A LOT to be effective; you have to ask yourself... do you want the ball in the hands of Amare Stoudemire or Jeremy Lin? Carmelo Anthony or Jeremy Lin? I mean, props and all, he's playing out of his mind, but you can't win in the playoffs with him dominating the ball... that's for damn sure.

Poor basketball take. Lin is exactly what that team needs. They need a playmaker. Or to be specific, Stoudemire needs a Steve Nash to be most effective. That is essentially what Jeremy Lin is, a Steve Nash lite. They certainly don't need Stoudemire trying to handle the ball at the top of the key or Carmelo Anthony for that matter.

Hoops Czar
02-18-2012, 12:44 AM

Maybe he doesn't trust his teammates.

Hoops Czar
02-18-2012, 12:51 AM
For comparison sake, I'd at least pick someone who plays the same position. Lots of players have "smarts" and "motor".

Personally whenever I see Jeremy Lin I think of a young Steve Nash.

Thats an overstatement. The guy played in 8 games. Steve nash didn't look like steve nash 8 games into his career. Did you see a little john elway in tim tebow this year, you know, with all those 4th quarter comebacks.