PDA

View Full Version : NBA denies Mavericks' protest from Dec 18

Double-Up
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Commissioner David Stern has denied the Mavericks' protest of a 116-108 loss to the Houston Rockets on Dec. 18, the NBA said in a release Tuesday. The Mavs had alleged that the referees improperly called a technical foul on Erick Dampier, which resulted in his ejection. Stern ruled that the decision to assess a technical foul was a judgment call, which can't be protested under NBA rules.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4664736/nba-denies-mavericks-protest

mavsfan1000
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
No surprise here. Stern really hates Cuban. Will never do anything to help Cuban for any reason.

XFactor
01-05-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL What a waste of 30k

Basketballgirl25
01-06-2010, 07:27 AM
No surprise here. Stern really hates Cuban. Will never do anything to help Cuban for any reason.

I could see why Stern hate Cuban, have you seen him at times during the games and seasons, not saying he is a bad person, just saying I can see why some people might hate him. I can't stand him I know, but I don't like someone who yells or complains. I just say if you can't do something or don't like something play basketball or tell your team to player basketball better and prove your right, don't complain about things

admiralsnackbar
01-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I didn't see him protesting or even conceding the bad call against the Spurs (which ultimately was retracted --meaninglessly-- by the league) that would have likely made the '04 PO Mavs/Spurs series 6 games long and landed San Antonio in the Finals.

All to say you win some, you lose some. Grow a pair.

stretch
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I didn't see him protesting or even conceding the bad call against the Spurs (which ultimately was retracted --meaninglessly-- by the league) that would have likely made the '04 PO Mavs/Spurs series 6 games long and landed San Antonio in the Finals.

All to say you win some, you lose some. Grow a pair.

:jack

admiralsnackbar
01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
In 04 the Mavs and Spurs didn't play each other in the playoffs.

My bad, I meant 06.

BUMP
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
LOL What a waste of 30k

LOL, ashraf, that's pocket change for Cuban.

He could buy your house, your basketball goal, and all those Britney Spears CDs you were listening to while playing on it

Double-Up
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM

He could buy your house, your basketball goal, and all those Britney Spears CDs you were listening to while playing on it

He's not Tacker...as you can see he usually makes intelligent posts.

nkdlunch
01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
:lmao

http://www.tantraman.net/smilies_files/haha_simpsons.jpg

admiralsnackbar
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh, ok. So what call did the Spurs protest in that series?

Harm, but no foul
Fresh from the Too Little, Too Late Dept. comes word that the NBA rescinded the technical foul against San Antonio's Michael Finley in the second quarter of Game 4 in Dallas. Finley was called for a technical with 4:44 remaining in the half, and it appeared to be borderline at best. ``You can imagine what I wanted to say when I heard that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who found out about the decision Thursday. ``Does that mean we win the game by 1 point?" Game 4, which was played May 15, went into overtime, and the Mavericks prevailed, 123-118, so the technical was huge. (Dirk Nowitzki made the free throw.) For Finley, it means he won't have to fork over $1,000 to the league. For the Spurs, it means yet another tough break in a series they just as easily could have won.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2006/05/28/nowitzki_was_driving_force/

XFactor
01-06-2010, 06:23 PM

First I'm Tacker and now I'm Ashraf? Who's the moron spreading this bullcrap.

Double-Up
01-06-2010, 06:47 PM
First I'm Tacker and now I'm Ashraf? Who's the moron spreading this bullcrap.

Look brah, Tacker was a "Bulls" fan and was also a garbage ass troll...do a search and you'll find all the info you need. :lol

Ashraf and Tacker are the same BTW.

XFactor
01-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Look brah, Tacker was a "Bulls" fan and was also a garbage ass troll...do a search and you'll find all the info you need. :lol

Ashraf and Tacker are the same BTW.

I was already kinda aware of who this tacker guy was when I logged on one day to see the whole NBA Forum bumped with old threads and by reading some of the posts but didn't know him and Ashraf were the same people thanks for clearing that up.

Andrew Bynum
01-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I was already kinda aware of who this tacker guy was when I logged on one day to see the whole NBA Forum bumped with old threads and by reading some of the posts but didn't know him and Ashraf were the same people thanks for clearing that up.

How in the fuck do you have a colored name after 48 posts and like 4 days of being here?

Some fucked up shit negro, almost as fucked up as me making 12M and only showing up when Pau is out.

XFactor
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
How in the fuck do you have a colored name after 48 posts and like 4 days of being here?

Some fucked up shit negro, almost as fucked up as me making 12M and only showing up when Pau is out.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

exstatic
01-06-2010, 09:36 PM

No surprise that Cubes protests something that's unprotestable.

Next up: the NFL fines Cuban for being a douche and whining about a regular season NBA game against a non-playoff team being cross-scheduled against a FUCKING N.F.L. PLAYOFF GAME.

admiralsnackbar
01-07-2010, 07:15 AM
The NBA rescinds technical fouls all the time. Where is the part where, during the 06 series the referees did something in clear violation of their own rules (i.e. disqualifying a player who only had 4 fouls at the time, reviewing a flagrant-1 when the rules clearly state you cannot), the Spurs protested, and were denied?

I wasn't aware I suggested anything of the sort, man. I only said; a)the Spurs accepted their fate with little more than a wry shrug, and; b) Marc Cuban didn't care about justice enough to argue the case of a bad call that affected his opponent.

That Cubes makes a REGULAR habit of protesting questionable calls that interfere with his sense of entitlement to victory only diminishes his standing in my eyes. Moreover, it has the unfortunate effect of branding his players as being as whiny and effete as their owner. Hence my exortation for him to grow a pair and focus on winning instead of finding excuses for losing. Team culture begins at the top.