View Full Version : World Junior Championships

DarkReign
01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
@ lefty

:p:

:lol

:toast

Fucking awesome game.

The goalie interference call was well deserved on Palmeri, too.

lefty
01-06-2010, 02:59 PM
@ lefty

:p:

:lol

:toast

Fucking awesome game.

The goalie interference call was well deserved on Palmeri, too.

Actually I was rooting for the U.S

True story

I was so fed up with the arrogance of Canadians here :pctoss, I wanted them to lose :D

I expected the U.S to win it all, after watching the 1st meeting between US and Canada; you could tell the Americans were well prepared for any kind of situation

Great great coaching

DarkReign
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Actually I was rooting for the U.S

Really? You traitorous bastard! :lmao

I expected the U.S to win it all, after watching the 1st meeting between US and Canada; you could tell the Americans were well prepared for any kind of situation

Great great coaching

I cant say I expected it, but I can say after their round-robin on New Years, I knew the Americans could hang with them if not outright beat them.

Canada is, after all, the best hockey country in the world, bar none.

Now, the Olympics are going to be FAR different. Canada is going to quite literally sleep walk through the Americans. They might have to wake from their nap if Miller stands on his head.

Frickin' Mike-frickin-Richards centering the 4th line. Ridiculous.

lefty
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Really? You traitorous bastard! :lmao

I cant say I expected it, but I can say after their round-robin on New Years, I knew the Americans could hang with them if not outright beat them.

Canada is, after all, the best hockey country in the world, bar none.

Now, the Olympics are going to be FAR different. Canada is going to quite literally sleep walk through the Americans. They might have to wake from their nap if Miller stands on his head.

Frickin' Mike-frickin-Richards centering the 4th line. Ridiculous.

Russia has won the last 2 Worlds (Senior)

And Canada failed in the latest Olympics

Rip-Hamilton32
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
good game but those were some bad goals

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Russia has won the last 2 Worlds (Senior)

And Canada failed in the latest Olympics

Yeah, but the WC doesnt indicate anything. Its filled with players from teams who didnt make the playoffs.

So in the past 2 World Championships, Sweden (for example) has been without the services of:

Lidstrom
Kronwall
Holmstrom
Zetterberg
Franzen
Backstrom (Caps)
Sammuelsson

Those are just off the top of my head without looking at the rosters. Seeing as Vancouver made it the second round last year, potentially no Sedins either...yikes.

So Russia won the past two...good for them and the KHL, I guess. Olympics is where its at with my list is looking like #1 Canada, #2 Russia and #3 Sweden.

After that, it doesnt matter. Czech, USA or Finland at #4.

Yeah, Canada failed hard in '06, but thems the breaks in single elimination, right?

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
good game but those were some bad goals

Some real shoddy goaltending, really. But thats sort of the beauty of the younger game, the skaters waaaaay outpace the goalies in development and every defensemen plays like Coffey.

More offense.

lefty
01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but the WC doesnt indicate anything. Its filled with players from teams who didnt make the playoffs.

So in the past 2 World Championships, Sweden (for example) has been without the services of:

Lidstrom
Kronwall
Holmstrom
Zetterberg
Franzen
Backstrom (Caps)
Sammuelsson

Those are just off the top of my head without looking at the rosters. Seeing as Vancouver made it the second round last year, potentially no Sedins either...yikes.

So Russia won the past two...good for them and the KHL, I guess. Olympics is where its at with my list is looking like #1 Canada, #2 Russia and #3 Sweden.

After that, it doesnt matter. Czech, USA or Finland at #4.

Yeah, Canada failed hard in '06, but thems the breaks in single elimination, right?

Sweden will be impressive

Looking forward to Russia as well: Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin, Malkin, A. Markov, Gonchar, Afinogenov, Radulov

Too bad they didn't select Kovalev; Kovalev may be inconsistent in the NHL, but everytime he wears the national jersey, he is a beast during every shift.

Canada has the home ice, but most importantly, the strongest goaltending: Brodeur, Luongo, Fleury.

Good luck :D

Regarding Slovakia and Czech, they are not favorites, but I'm gonna keep an eye on them; I will be interesting to see Jaroslav Halak as a #1 goalie, and see how Plekanec, who is in the top 10 in NHL points this season :wow, will play