PDA

View Full Version : Avatar 3D

nkdlunch
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
holy shit!

what a kick ass movie. On regular screen it would have gotten 4 solid stars. But in 3D it is amazing!

best movie experience for me since Gladiator

ChumpDumper
01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Funny, no one here has posted anything about it.

balli
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm really into what Roger Ebert tells me. The dude knows his shit.

He's a professed 3-D hater. Thinks it's garbage. He loved the way they implemented it into Avatar. I haven't seen it yet, but when I do, I'm going to a 3-D showing.

nkdlunch
01-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I hated 3D also until I saw this. I was used to crappy Muppets 3D movie. This is totally different. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is 3D. amazing

I loved it so much I am going back this weekend and smoking a few joints before going in :tu

dimsah
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
A buddy of mine went to see the 3D version with his girlfriend and he wasn't real excited about seeing Avatar originally. After it was over he said it was the coolest movie experience he's ever had.

bus driver
01-06-2010, 12:04 PM
A buddy of mine went to see the 3D version with his girlfriend and he wasn't real excited about seeing Avatar originally. After it was over he said it was the coolest movie experience he's ever had.

that is how i felt, i was like no thanks! but after watching it in 3D....it is a kick ass movie to see.

Frenzy
01-06-2010, 12:08 PM
yeah I didn't wanna see avatar... I thought it looked to sci-fi for me. I got dragged to see it and was like ok if i see it I don't wanna see it in 3D cause 3D sucks. But noooooooooo we watched it in 3D.
Best movie in 3D, best move I made to see it. The fight scenes where :wow

it would have been better if we didn't get there late to get side seats ..argh :bang

koriwhat
01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
saw it again in 3d 2 days ago... i was dupped the 2nd time.

first time i saw it was in regular 3d cause i couldnt get imax 3d tickets. 2nd time my buddy said he bought imax 3d tickets so i said ok and went just to find out it was regular ol' ass 3d. i would've never went again just because i wasn't much into the story but i wanted to see it originally on the imax so i said ok and went. fuckin' got robbed!

the story ain't bad but it's definitely played out. the 3d is amazing though but i really wish i could've seen it on the imax 3d. i won't ever see this movie again though.

Ignignokt
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
The message i got from all the reviews is.. 3D!

tlongII
01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I want to see it in an IMAX theatre.

z0sa
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I want to see it in IMAX 3d but noone wants to join me. I may just go by myself anyway.

Ignignokt
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I want to see it in IMAX 3d but noone wants to join me. I may just go by myself anyway.

I wonder why..

z0sa
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I wonder why..

Me too. Movie sounds worth the price. If only for the SFX.

honestfool84
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
the Palladium IMAX is getting my money this weekend.

koriwhat
01-06-2010, 01:27 PM
the Palladium IMAX is getting my money this weekend.

thats where i went twice... if no imax3d atleast they have a full bar upstairs! yeah! negra modelo on tap!

TheProfessor
01-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I was really lukewarm on the whole thing from the trailers, but the IMAX 3D experience cannot be duplicated. Story is a rehash of lots of other films (Dances With Wolves, FernGully, Princess Mononoke), not that it matters. It's more of an experience than a movie, and well worth it.

lefty
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Meh.......................

2/10

hater
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
It is no doubt best looking film in the last few years. The FX are groundbreaking like Jurassic Park's were.

The story has some new twists too, like driving an avatar remote control? I never seen that in other movies.

That along with the 3D. It is the best 3D film ever, nothing comes close to it. All that makes Avatar epic. And I agree, above that, the best thing is not the film, it's the experience.

My best movie going experiences of my life:
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Jurassic Park
Gladiator

what else is there to say? if you don't go see the 3D version you are missing and will regret it.

fuck, I was dodging shit on my seat looking like a dumbass

hater
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM
on an additional note: had there been a few human titties in the movie would have made this probably my top 3 best movies ever.

alien titties just don't do it for me

nkdlunch
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
can you imagine if they had showed Michelle Rodriguez' titties????

the rape rate in movie theaters would skyrocket

DarkReign
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
on an additional note: had there been a few human titties in the movie would have made this probably my top 3 best movies ever.

alien titties just don't do it for me

http://utalk.att.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/373i161B796A57EE8FFB/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Sooooo, youre not as awesome as Kirk then, you say?

:lmao

Where's the JTK troll when he's needed. Alien titties? SciFi film? Someone is slacking.

hater
01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
oh shit. Michelle Rodriguez was fucking banging in this film.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Just read that it went over a billion last weekend.

JC with the #1 and #2 top grossing movies of all-time.

http://web.me.com/pascalboogaert/Site/foto3_files/original.jpg

EmptyMan
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
This was my first 3d movie. The 3d effects alone are worth $10.

I look forward to the day when most movies are in 3d.

in2deep
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
top 10 best action movie ever

washingtonwizard
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
bad ass movie

urunobili
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
the 3D experience wasn't ground breaking... the movie and it looks is... :rolleyes

nkdlunch
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
the 3D experience wasn't ground breaking... the movie and it looks is... :rolleyes

which other 3D movie experience is better than this?

jack sommerset
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone is the greatest 3d movie of all time!

urunobili
01-07-2010, 06:14 PM

any cartoon movie created to actually have interaction with the public because of the 3d...

nkdlunch
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
any cartoon movie created to actually have interaction with the public because of the 3d...

say what??

THAT makes no sense

z0sa
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM

wouldn't that be 4d?

Obstructed_View
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
best movie experience for me since Gladiator

Doh. I just had a "consider the source" moment, there.

nkdlunch
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Doh. I just had a "consider the source" moment, there.

same here

hater
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
going to see this movie again. this time in Imax. Yes Cameron go have yourself another Latte on me motherfucker!

Ignignokt
01-12-2010, 02:18 AM
LOL avatar!

phyzik
01-12-2010, 09:43 AM
anyone see that shit on CNN about Post-Avatar Depression? Damn, how sad of a life must yours be if your depressed that you cant live on Pandora as a half naked blue person :lol

blizz
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
i just saw it. WOW. my first 3D movie...it was fucking amazing.

hater
01-12-2010, 11:27 AM
anyone see that shit on CNN about Post-Avatar Depression? Damn, how sad of a life must yours be if your depressed that you cant live on Pandora as a half naked blue person :lol

saw that shit. Some dude was crying about how beautiful it was and can't stop thinking about it. These ppl need a punch in the face IMO

traitoravery
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Classic, the movie was absolutely badass especially in 3D.

balli
01-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I saw it during the week and I'm going again tonight. :tu :tu

I'm not sure if there's anyone who hasn't seen it, but FWIW, I've been to very few movies that I felt were worth the cost of full admission. I thought at 11 bucks, this one was a bargain and I'd happily pay twice that and say the same thing. It's just unbelievably cool.

monosylab1k
01-17-2010, 05:06 PM

at least the visual effects are great.

Spurminator
01-17-2010, 05:09 PM
If you take away the visuals you're left with a pretty hackneyed story full of one-dimensional characters and dumbed-down political commentary. Once this technology becomes more common in film, and is used in support of a good script, Avatar will be obsolete.

The 3D visual experience alone was worth the $13 price of admission, I felt. But I would have felt cheated out of $4 if I had rented it and watched it in 2D.

balli
01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
I've never seen Pocahontas and I failed history* so I'm all good.

* not really

JudynTX
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
We watched this last night. 4 out 10. :lol

Summers
01-25-2010, 09:58 AM

Unfortunately, the story is predictable and contrived, but I have to agree with others who said you won't notice if you go see it in 3-D. We went to see it in 3-D at the Imax in Austin (that's our movie-going budget for the year! :lol) and it was beautiful and "wow"-inducing. I almost swatted floating embers from my face.

hater
01-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Avatar on it's way to becoming top grossing movie all time in 2 weeks

CubanMustGo
01-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Avatar on it's way to becoming top grossing movie all time in 2 weeks

It's only $2M short as of yesterday. It should be the top-grossing (WW) movie of all time sometime today. Do you mean US earnings, where it trails Dark Night by about $67M?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100124/ennew_afp/entertainmentusfilmboxoffice_20100124215657

Director James Cameron's groundbreaking 3-D spectacular raked in 36 million dollars this weekend, raising its North American takings to 552.8 million and international ticket sales to 1.841 billion, box office tracker Exhibitor Relations said.

Cameron's 1997 Oscar-winning "Titanic," is still the highest-grossing film of all time with 1.843 billion dollars.

"Avatar" is also close to Titanic's North America takings record of 600.8 million dollars. It is now in second place, having surpassed the 533.3 million dollar mark set by 2008 Batman sequel "The Dark Knight.

hater
01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
CNN:

Avatar earned an additional $36 million this weekend, climbing to $552.8 million domestically and surpassing "The Dark Knight's" $533.3 million domestic haul. If it continues to drop in the 20-percent range as it has the last few weekends this time it only fell 16 percent it's on track to is top Titanic's $600.8 million by mid-February.

CubanMustGo
01-25-2010, 11:29 AM
CNN:

Avatar earned an additional $36 million this weekend, climbing to $552.8 million domestically and surpassing "The Dark Knight's" $533.3 million domestic haul. If it continues to drop in the 20-percent range as it has the last few weekends this time it only fell 16 percent it's on track to is top Titanic's $600.8 million by mid-February.

Yes, like most things CNN covers, they're focusing on the US ("domestic") take. From a world-wide perspective, Avatar will be #1 as of today.

But I did get the bit wrong about which movie was #1 in the US. :depressed

hater
01-25-2010, 11:30 AM
true, but they mentioned worldwide too, no doubt it's gonna be #1 ww

hater
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
btw I watched Titanic this weekend again for the 100th time. Titanic >>>> better movie than Avatar. I don't think I can watch avatar more than 3-4 times.

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I only need to see it once.

balli
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I only need to see it once.
You thought Kung Fu Panda was better than Wall-E and you've openly expressed disdain for Groundhog Day. What business do you have knocking a formula movie? Especially one that looks so good, plot aside.

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
You thought Kung Fu Panda was better than Wall-E and you've openly expressed disdain for Groundhog Day. What business do you have knocking a formula movie?

Whoa, calm down there buddy. Why do you care?

balli
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Why do you care?

Because this is a thread about Avatar. You weighted in, twice, so that people wouldn't care?

JudynTX
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Because this is a thread about Avatar. You weighted in, twice, so that people wouldn't care?

Yes, this is a thread, good or bad about Avatar. Go create a "I Love Avatar" thread then. :rolleyes

balli
01-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, this is a thread, good or bad about Avatar.
So why bad? You love the in-substantive. And if nothing else, it was gorgeous and worth it just for that.

My guess would be you didn't like your race and species being called out- even by a thin formula plot- and got all butthurt. Just wondering if that's the case? Since you took the time to tell us what a bad movie it is, twice.

MiamiHeat
01-25-2010, 11:59 AM
That's due to inflation, higher ticket prices, etc.

Gone with the Wind is still the movie with the most tickets ever sold, and Titanic still beats Avatar in that department.

Ginobilly
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
It was a badass movie! I went drunk and fuckin high to see in Imax 3d. It was like I was Jake Sully, and brought back memories of seeing Jurassic park as a kid.:hat

sonic21
01-25-2010, 12:00 PM
How much hype and anticipation there was for Avatar? Then... it turned out to be fairly average in the plot department because of Cameron's obsession with the VFX.

Good financial success for Cameron though :tu

Blake
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Just read that it went over a billion last weekend.

JC with the #1 and #2 top grossing movies of all-time.

:lol I was thinking Cameron ripped off Dances with Wolves after I walked out, but it does seem more like a Pocahontas rip.

I was able to put the ripped off plot aside because at least it had a plot at all to go with the special effects. I still feel the buttholehurt after walking out of Phantom Menace.

IMO, Avatar is the type of movie that's absolutely worth the full admission price.

Cane
01-25-2010, 12:17 PM
James Cameron himself already admitted the similarities to other stories including Dances with Wolves; it was part of his point in creating a familiar world in an otherwise alien context:

GB: There’s also maybe some heritage linking it to “Dances With Wolves,” considering your story here of a battered military man who finds something pure in an endangered tribal culture.

JC: Yes, exactly, it is very much like that. You see the same theme in “At Play in the Fields of the Lord” and also “The Emerald Forest,” which maybe thematically isn’t that connected but it did have that clash of civilizations or of cultures. That was another reference point for me. There was some beautiful stuff in that film. I just gathered all this stuff in and then you look at it through the lens of science fiction and it comes out looking very different but is still recognizable in a universal story way. It’s almost comfortable for the audience – “I know what kind of tale this is.” They’re not just sitting there scratching their heads, they’re enjoying it and being taken along. And we still have turns and surprises in it, too, things you don’t see coming. But the idea that you feel like you are in a classic story, a story that could have been shaped by Rudyard Kipling or Edgar Rice Burroughs.

GB: Or Joseph Conrad…?

JC: Yes, exactly. And I think returning to classic tales is a powerful thing. Look, right now is a special time because we can basically do anything we imagine. I mean you have to work hard at it, and you’ve got to have the technique and you have to be willing to throw money at the problem. Sometimes you have to be a little bold and go out on a limb. But if you can imagine it, you can do it. That’s why we’re seeing this renaissance of visual imagination. It’s just a growth. Films look better now than they’ve ever looked. Sometimes they get a little lost in it though. I’ll go to a “Transformers” film for the fun of seeing the spectacle but, personally, my soul craves a little more story, a little more meat on the bone and characters and that sort of thing. Look, I think it's about finding a balance between story and all of this gimmickry. I think I veer toward classicism, being solidly rooted in the classic stuff. I mean really old-school science fiction. This is a movie I would have loved to have seen when I was a 14-year-old kid in 1968.

GB: Well, certainly, that’s why it's reassuring for anyone to see movies like “Star Trek” and “Up,” which might be my two favorite films this year, because both are examples of technology and craft achieving the fantastic but in service of great storytelling.

More @ http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/08/james-cameron-the-new-trek-rocks-but-transformers-is-gimcrackery.html

Avatar 3D is what watching movies in the theater is all about - incredible and jaw dropping entertainment just like how Wizard of the Oz showcases color in a world of black and white, Star Wars setting the bar for blockbuster special effects and paving the way for scifi, and Avatar for taking a 2D medium and utilizing 3D technology in a way never been seen before.

RandomGuy
01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Well, shit, somebody already posted the plot pochahontas thing.

I guess I will justy have to say that the movie was awesome. It was sci-fi at it's best.

The 3-D thing was awesome on the Imax screen. just get there early or pre-buy tickets

hater
01-25-2010, 12:19 PM
That's due to inflation, higher ticket prices, etc.

Gone with the Wind is still the movie with the most tickets ever sold, and Titanic still beats Avatar in that department.

irrelevant.

Adjusted for inflation, Bill Gates would not be the richest man ever, neither would the USA be the richest country ever. not even close.

balli
01-25-2010, 12:21 PM
James Cameron himself already admitted the similarities to other stories including Dances with Wolves; it was part of his point in creating a familiar world in an otherwise alien context:

Avatar 3D is what watching movies in the theater is all about - incredible and jaw dropping entertainment just like how Wizard of the Oz showcases color in a world of black and white, Star Wars setting the bar for blockbuster special effects and paving the way for scifi, and Avatar for taking a 2D medium and utilizing 3D technology in a way never been seen before.

Exactly. The plot was entirely secondary. And the notion that Cameron didn't know exactly what said plot was, or that he didn't go with the plot out of purposeful intent, is ludicrous. He knew exactly what he was making and had good reason to do so.

hater
01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Exactly. The plot was entirely secondary. And the notion that Cameron didn't know exactly what said plot was, or that he didn't go with the plot out of purposeful intent, is ludicrous. He knew exactly what he was making and had good reason to do so.

true. But still it's true that Avatar is a one and done movie.

Avatar does not have the replay value that other great movies like Titanic have. Avatar is in the same league as Jurassic Park, how many times have we rewatched Jurassic Park? not many, unless you are a child.

Blake
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
The 3-D thing was awesome on the Imax screen. just get there early or pre-buy tickets

We got there Saturday night 20 minutes early and still got somewhat mediocre seats for the 4 of us......if 4 of us go again, we'll be getting there at least 35-40 minutes early, even if it means literally getting our butts hurt from sitting so long.

Even couples walking in "on time" were sitting on the front row.

btw, the 3D was cool, but I thought I was good with or without it. I was expecting to see arrows or bullets shoot at me or people or animals jump at me........not just a few depth perception shots and a few bugs floating around in front......

balli
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
true. But still it's true that Avatar is a one and done movie.
In and of itself. But like Cane said above, Avatar kicked down all sorts of doors. It might soon be irrelevant as it's own movie, but like Wizard, or Star Wars or any other game changing movie- it's influence will be felt throughout the industry for a long time yet.

I might not even buy avatar on DVD or Blu-Ray, but the next time I see an awesome 3-D movie, it will be because of Avatar having raised the bar for the technology itself.

exstatic
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM

saw that shit. Some dude was crying about how beautiful it was and can't stop thinking about it. These ppl need a punch in the face IMO

:lol They're calling them Avatards.

MiamiHeat
01-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Saw it today....I absolutely love this movie. James Cameron is still the man. Watching Sigourney Weaver (Ripley!!!!!) in another Cameron sci-fi made me giddy like a schoolboy. The movie was awesome, but yeah..it's a huge ripoff.

1) World of Warcraft (aka WoW)

First off, in WoW, your character is called a... AVATAR. When you log in to your avatar character and enter the 'world', you are now that character. Sound familiar?

The Navi look EXACTLY like Night Elves from WoW, and Night Elves are one of the most popular avatar character races that people pick. They even do the same things, they are really tall, they are hunters with bows, live in the forest in the trees, protect nature, etc...

Many people spend so much time playing WoW, that even Oprah had a show dedicated to MMORPG addictions, and it was based around WoW. People began to forget the real world and live in World of Warcraft. Sound familiar? heck, Sigourney Weaver's character makes fun of Jake and says "have you even taken a shower" and Jake is like "leave me alone, let me log back in avatar"

Also... flying mounts looked EXACTLY like the ones in WoW.....

and the floating mountaints....like in WoW....

and other influences like others have posted....

still though, I LOVED the movie, but Cameron's ripoff was blatantly obvious. He's still the man though. I was awestruck when the movie ended. Wow!

Oh and one little complaint - I saw this movie in an IMAX 3D theater while wearing the glasses, but I really NEVER noticed the 3D? Nothing really popped out.... or made me feel like it was in front of me...nothing.

Did anyone else have this problem or is this normal?

MiamiHeat
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
lmao i just googled to see how many people caught this connection

http://gameaxis.com/friday-fives-%E2%80%93-james-cameron-plays-world-of-warcraft/

seems this guy is spot on. hilarious read for anyone who has played WoW.

I am now convinced James Cameron bigtime ripped off World of Warcraft. He plays it, or he was exposed to it and it inspired him

stretch
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Saw it today....I absolutely love this movie. James Cameron is still the man. Watching Sigourney Weaver (Ripley!!!!!) in another Cameron sci-fi made me giddy like a schoolboy. The movie was awesome, but yeah..it's a huge ripoff.

1) World of Warcraft (aka WoW)

First off, in WoW, your character is called a... AVATAR. When you log in to your avatar character and enter the 'world', you are now that character. Sound familiar?

The Navi look EXACTLY like Night Elves from WoW, and Night Elves are one of the most popular avatar character races that people pick. They even do the same things, they are really tall, they are hunters with bows, live in the forest in the trees, protect nature, etc...

Many people spend so much time playing WoW, that even Oprah had a show dedicated to MMORPG addictions, and it was based around WoW. People began to forget the real world and live in World of Warcraft. Sound familiar? heck, Sigourney Weaver's character makes fun of Jake and says "have you even taken a shower" and Jake is like "leave me alone, let me log back in avatar"

Also... flying mounts looked EXACTLY like the ones in WoW.....

and the floating mountaints....like in WoW....

and other influences like others have posted....

still though, I LOVED the movie, but Cameron's ripoff was blatantly obvious. He's still the man though. I was awestruck when the movie ended. Wow!

Oh and one little complaint - I saw this movie in an IMAX 3D theater while wearing the glasses, but I really NEVER noticed the 3D? Nothing really popped out.... or made me feel like it was in front of me...nothing.

Did anyone else have this problem or is this normal?

your a fag for the simple fact that you know what world of warcraft is about and contains

fraga
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM
So...finally just saw Avatar in IMAX 3D yesterday...pretty sweet movie...wasn't expecting anything game changing...for what it was...pretty damn good movie...visually stunning...and yes...huge political over tones...yes I get it...America is always invading or sticking their noses into places we don't belong...yes I caught the "Shock and Awe" references with the preemptive attack...but like I said...for what it was...it was good...

Not to mention that the movie started 15 minutes late...so for some reason they decided to give everyone free IMAX movie passes for another movie...so for seeing this movie for half off...I thought it was a good movie...

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I finally saw it. I thought it was fuckin bad ass. The story is what it is....but the special affects and atmospheric 3d awesomeness more than made up for it.

I'm gonna smoke a blunt and go watch it again next week before it leaves theatres.
Also regardless of the weak predictable storyline, I felt the movie still kept you engaged, never really got dull and boring.

Also pretty funny about the WOW comparisons. Floating islands are in alot of video games before WOW though.

fraga
02-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I would suggest dropping some acid more than smoking out...that black light scene was sweet...

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah if I had the hookup and was confident I would not flip out and have a bad trip I would definitely do that or shroom before this movie.

It's so incredible when you're sober, much less on a hallucinogenic

balli
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah if I had the hookup and was confident I would not flip out and have a bad trip I would definitely do that or shroom before this movie.

It's so incredible when you're sober, much less on a hallucinogenic
I ate a big, nasty stem before I saw it the second time and that was awesome. I wasn't quite tripping, just in that quasi-weird state, but I don't think I could've handled it if I was. That shit's just too crazy.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I ate a big, nasty stem before I saw it the second time and that was awesome. I wasn't quite tripping, just in that quasi-weird state, but I don't think I could've handled it if I was. That shit's just too crazy.

I know for a fact if I were shrooming I would either have a breakdown or throw up during the scene in the jungle when that cat-like monster starts chasing him.

smeagol
02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
The only good thing about Avatar is the special effects.

The storyline sucked. The acting sucked. It would be pretty sad if they gave it the Oscar . . .

atxrocker
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
The only good thing about Avatar is the special effects.

The storyline sucked. The acting sucked. It would be pretty sad if they gave it the Oscar . . .

I saw this in 3d this past week and I basically agree with everything you posted. Special effects aside, I was very underwhelmed.

smeagol
02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I saw this in 3d this past week and I basically agree with everything you posted. Special effects aside, I was very underwhelmed.

The plot took sterotyping to a whole new level. The commander was as baddass as it gets, the aliens OTOH, were all nice, clean, nature-loving treehuggers, everybody worked for a "mean 'ole" corporation who cares only about the bottom line . . . Seriously, the story was non-existent.

bostonguy
02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I am taking my date to finally see Avatar in 3D tonight. I am excited. I will let you guys know what I think.