PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars

Soul_Patch
01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone else watch this show? My penchant for anything nautical related lead me to this show last year sometime. The more i watch it, the more i get pissed off.

Look, i am all for saving whales, but these guys on the "Steve Irwin" are nothing but eco terrorists...no better than political ones imho.

Looks like this dipshit captain, and his completely inept crew nearly got people killed in their latest stunt.

http://gizmodo.com/5441329/my-boats-got-no-nose-how-does-it-smell-thats-irrelevant-updated-with-new-video

I have never seen a crew so completely lost. Last season, one of the episodes i believe their gyroscope got out of whack...the guy was trying to tell the navigator to turn to starboard...the navigator had no clue what that meant...haha...wtf...these guys are out in the middle of the south pacific and indian oceans and dont know the very basics of seamanship....

koriwhat
01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
fook you whales & fook you dolphins!

PM5K
01-06-2010, 02:06 PM

4>0rings
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Anyone else watch this show? My penchant for anything nautical related lead me to this show last year sometime. The more i watch it, the more i get pissed off.

Look, i am all for saving whales, but these guys on the "Steve Irwin" are nothing but eco terrorists...no better than political ones imho.

Looks like this dipshit captain, and his completely inept crew nearly got people killed in their latest stunt.

http://gizmodo.com/5441329/my-boats-got-no-nose-how-does-it-smell-thats-irrelevant-updated-with-new-video

I have never seen a crew so completely lost. Last season, one of the episodes i believe their gyroscope got out of whack...the guy was trying to tell the navigator to turn to starboard...the navigator had no clue what that meant...haha...wtf...these guys are out in the middle of the south pacific and indian oceans and dont know the very basics of seamanship....
Because the turn over is so high in the crew. After each season barely any return. That's another reason they are so ill trained, they can't even put a dingy in the water.

It's so hilarious to see this crew in the begining thinking they are just going to hold signs on the deck by the whalers. When they find out it's a lot different than that, they want to leave ASAP or mutiny. :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
My oldest brother watches to root against the hippies.

Soul_Patch
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I have kinda been doing the same thing. I dont like seeing whales killed, but then again, they have been killing and eating whales since the begining of time, so who am i to say...

The hippies are ridiculous though.

leemajors
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Nothing ever really happens, I quit watching.

tlongII
01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I watched a little last season and I never saw them prevent any whales from being harvested.

Frenzy
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Look under my screen name for a response.

It's been there since I started ST. It applies to all situations.

Soul_Patch
01-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I watched a little last season and I never saw them prevent any whales from being harvested.

same here...all they are is a nuisance and risk to their crew...bout all

DisAsTerBot
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Look under my screen name for a response.

It's been there since I started ST. It applies to all situations.

gotta nuke somethin

Sigz
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
save the whales

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
nothing fucking happens, I saw the marathon once and it took 12 episodes before they did anything
fuck that show

Udokafan05
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Whats bullshit is them saying they are doing research and needing as many whales as physically possible killed for the so called "research", when they are gutting the whale as fast as possible for the meat and throwing a lot of it back into the sea. Damn Japanese.

Frenzy
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
gotta nuke somethin
Nelson is the man..

Slydragon
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM
WTF is that Batman's boat? That boat getting hit needs a to be turned into a gif with the joker doing a dance on top of a dead whale

Ginofan
01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't like the whaling that's going on there...especially when they throw the cover of "research" on it. But the "hippies" aren't really doing much damage it seems. They killed the damn whales right in front of them last season...what's the point?

EmptyMan
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888

lmao

koriwhat
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
fook you whales & fook you dolphins!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251888

lmao

2+2=surprise surprise!

exstatic
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't like the whaling that's going on there...especially when they throw the cover of "research" on it. But the "hippies" aren't really doing much damage it seems. They killed the damn whales right in front of them last season...what's the point?

Yeah, they need to step up their game. They should be the ones ramming an running over the Japanese boats, especially since they've now BEEN attacked and rammed. The Japanese may just regret that one.