PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Whether All-Star or Role Player, Ginobili Key to Spurs Success

Blackjack
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Whether All-Star or Role Player, Ginobili Key to Spurs Success
by Jesse Blanchard

Yesterday Tim wrote a piece questioning how Tim Duncan’s continued level of elite performance could (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/01/04/tim-duncan-league-mvp/) alter the Spurs trade market plans (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/01/05/duncan-trade-market-implications/) as the season moves towards the trade deadline. I believe that a lot of what happens over the next few weeks depends on the play of Manu Ginobili.

But unlike with Tim Duncan, I’m not sure the Spurs success or plans hinge on Manu’s return to peak levels; just that he regains enough magic to fulfill his role, which has been to hold together the Spurs system by playing outside of it.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/01/06/whether-all-star-or-role-player-ginobili-key-to-spurs-success/)

silverblackfan
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Good read.

Bender
01-06-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah, pretty good read. Better than the Same Old, Same Old in the Express-News every day.

DAF86
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
I can't find a game this season where Manu played well and the Spurs lost.

kace
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I can't find a game this season where Manu played well and the Spurs lost.

well, obviously manu is very important to this team but your kind of reasoning doesn't say the whole thing.

this reasoning not only proves that manu is great, but also that he's very inconsistent.

You'll probably find a lot of games this year where Tim played well and the team lost. Does that mean Tim is less important than manu or just that he is way more consistent and that he more often than him is the only one being dominant when manu, when he's on fire, also has tim doing his thing ?

Same thing for the past few years where you had many manu fans claiming that more than for any other spur, the team winning % was the highest when manu played well.

That also meant that as Tim and Tony were great very consistently, when manu was on, we had a big three performing well which usually leads to success. When tim or tony had a bad game, since manu was more often than them off, that could often let us with only one star playing at his real level.

i won't argue that manu is vital to our succes though.

DAF86
01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
well, obviously manu is very important to this team but your kind of reasoning doesn't say the whole thing.

this reasoning not only proves that manu is great, but also that he's very inconsistent.

You'll probably find a lot of games this year where Tim played well and the team lost. Does that mean Tim is less important than manu or just that he is way more consistent and that he more often than him is the only one being dominant when manu, when he's on fire, also has tim doing his thing ?

Same thing for the past few years where you had many manu fans claiming that more than for any other spur, the team winning % was the highest when manu played well.

That also meant that as Tim and Tony were great very consistently, when manu was on, we had a big three performing well which usually leads to success. When tim or tony had a bad game, since manu was more often than them off, that could often let us with only one star playing at his real level.

i won't argue that manu is vital to our succes though.

You're assuming things I didn't say. In fact if you think about it I just said that there's at least 12 games where Manu didn't play well, my point was kinda like yours: we need Manu to play well a little bit more consistently.

kace
01-08-2010, 04:00 AM
You're assuming things I didn't say. In fact if you think about it I just said that there's at least 12 games where Manu didn't play well, my point was kinda like yours: we need Manu to play well a little bit more consistently.

well, you're right. i kinda of misunderstood your post.

but, anyway, manu brings to this team things no other player bring. that's for sure.

i'm very happy to see more weapons in this team, but for me, it's still the big three playing well that is the most important for us.

KenziE
01-08-2010, 07:40 AM
"but whether its eight points or 28 points, you can bet that everyone remembers how Manu got his."

true that thats why people pay good money to see manuuuuu !!!