PDA

View Full Version : Another post.............................

smackdaddy11
04-25-2005, 10:56 PM
from that bad guy who believes Islam is not a peaceful religion. How can you blame me when the govering states have such tough laws.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1695453,00.html

Sister shot for phone photo
25/04/2005 14:50 - (SA)

Amman - A Jordanian man shot dead his divorced sister after seeing her photo on his friend's camera-equipped cellphone in the latest "honour" killing in the kingdom, hospital officials said Monday.

The unidentified man shot the 31-year-old mother twice in the head Sunday night and then turned himself in to police saying he committed the murder to "cleanse his family's honour".

The incident is the fifth example of a so-called honour killing in Jordan this year. Those found guilty usually face sentences of a maximum of one year in jail under Jordanian law.

Last month, a man stabbed his sister to death after finding out she had agreed an unofficial marriage with a man who subsequently disappeared.

At least 19 women lost their lives in honour killings in Jordan last year, according to the local press.

Oh boy. A WHOLE Year. Damn. It's pretty tough over there. :rolleyes

Pakistan is ADMITTING a big problem and is trying to fix it.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,6119,2-10-1462_1555484,00.html

Law to curb honour killings
09/07/2004 17:17 - (SA)

Islamabad - Pakistan will enact a new law to crack down on honour killings, a crime that has claimed more than 4 000 mostly female lives since 1998, the government told parliament on Friday.

Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayat speaking in the senate, or upper house, said the law was on the anvil and would be brought before parliament for debate and approval soon.

Hayat said that 4 101 people had died in "Karo Kari" and honour killings in the country during the last four years, including 2 774 women and 1 327 men, according to state-run Associated Press of Pakistan (APP).

Karo Kari, in which a man and woman are killed over alleged illicit relations, is practiced mostly in the rural part of southern Sindh province.

Elsewhere in the country, it is mostly women accused of sexual misconduct who are killed in the name of protecting family honour.

Human rights activists welcomed the government's move but said the real issue was implementation, as already existing laws against such practices had never been seriously put into force.

"The problem is not the lack of legislation, the problem is lack of implementation, particularly when it relates to crime against women," the private Human Rights Commission of Pakistan said.

"The pledge by the government is a move in the right direction and it is an acknowledgement that the problem exists and exists on a very large scale," Kamila Hyat, the commission's spokesperson told AFP.

Rights activists say police and the lower judiciary tend to take a lenient view of criminals guilty of killing in the name of honour.

The minister said only two accused were convicted in Sindh, where 1 099 fell victim to Karo Kari during the four-year period, according to APP.

Murder is punishable by death in Pakistan.

Changes in Middle Eastern society is what I want to see before I start pitching flowers and love in their direction. BTW, how long do you think it will take these societies to get their populations to actually accpet these laws and follow them???? My guess, 20+ years.

Clandestino
04-25-2005, 10:58 PM
muslims have been killing their family members in germany lately too.

Nbadan
04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Then there is this...

A woman has been stoned to death in Afghanistan, reportedly for committing adultery.

The killing is said to have taken place in the Urgu district of north-eastern Badakhshan province.

A local Afghan government official confirmed the death, and said the government would investigate the case.

BBC News

Isn't Afghanistan still under U.S. stewardship?

Clandestino
04-25-2005, 11:03 PM
you're an idiot dan...

Nbadan
04-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Do you know what is involved in a stoning? They bury men into a hole up to their chests and women just below their bossoms and everyone finds the biggest rocks possible and they throw them at you until you are dead. That's gruesome.

mookie2001
04-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Murder is punishable by death in Pakistan.?

my goodness, what a barbaric country

Guru of Nothing
04-25-2005, 11:16 PM
The most unAmerican trait I can think of is fear.

The Ressurrected One
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Then there is this...

BBC News

The U.S. is still under U.S. stewardship and we have murders here...

The Ressurrected One
04-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Do you know what is involved in a stoning? They bury men into a hole up to their chests and women just below their bossoms and everyone finds the biggest rocks possible and they throw them at you until you are dead. That's gruesome.
Not unlike some abortion procedures...

smackdaddy11
04-26-2005, 06:41 AM
Murder is punishable by death in Pakistan.?

my goodness, what a barbaric country

Honor killings haven't been until the new law passed in '04. If that is all you get out of the above stories, your hopeless.

The most unAmerican trait I can think of is fear.

Fearing something means you'll take it seriously. Being oblivious to a situation will allow the enemy to push his agenda and you won't give a shit until it's too late is ignorant and dangerous.

I fear child molesters roaming our streets. Does this make me unamerican?

My guess above was 20+ years to change the MENTALITY(laws or no laws) of this religion. What exactly was your guess DanAllah?