PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live: What a lovely community...NOT!!

iilluzioN
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
So I played with my girl last night, who's not great, but decent. Every time she opened her mouth to say something she was constantly hit on and had to deal with extremely sexist comments. Come on guys! Is it that hard to understand that girls play xbox live also? What has this place come to? With the increase of little kids, people singing terribly, people holding up their mikes to speakers, and people talking *** the entire time, it's absolutely outstanding how the majority of xbox players can't have the decency to show respect. Everyone complains on here about glitches, mods, akimbos, knives, killstreak rewards, etc. I really think that the community needs to be brought to attention. Even though this is a long shot, please IW, bring back party chat, so I can play games and have fun in peace. (btw, I do mute players, so don't say "just mute")

iggypop123
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
take her to a club instead

PM5K
01-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry about what I said man, she has a sexy voice, and I'm sorry I teabagged her in Modern Warfare 2.

lefty
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry about what I said man, she has a sexy voice, and I'm sorry I teabagged her in Modern Warfare 2.

:lol

Rip-Hamilton32
01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
lol one of my ex's played xbox live and all those losers would ask her for her email or facebook

Heath Ledger
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
dude quit bitching and use your mute function. nuff said.

Frenzy
01-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Any girl in a game room is gonna be be hot. Or assumed hot...cause there ain't many options.

z0sa
01-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Dude, it's very simple: one chick among many dudes, some of them pubescent boys

PM5K
01-06-2010, 09:59 PM
lol one of my ex's played xbox live and all those losers would ask her for her email or facebook

How am I a loser if she gave it up?

exstatic
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
take her to a club instead

Shaolin-Style
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I used to be friends with a lesbian and she was hit on non-stop too, even by some other girls.

I. Hustle
01-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I made her my bitch in Kung Fu Panda.

Rip-Hamilton32
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
How am I a loser if she gave it up?

lol you can have her

mFFL03
01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
girl and xbox shouldn't be used in the same sentence. unless they're using the netflix feature of course....

der Kaiser
01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
So I played with my girl last night, who's not great, but decent. Every time she opened her mouth to say something she was constantly hit on and had to deal with extremely sexist comments. Come on guys! Is it that hard to understand that girls play xbox live also? What has this place come to? With the increase of little kids, people singing terribly, people holding up their mikes to speakers, and people talking *** the entire time, it's absolutely outstanding how the majority of xbox players can't have the decency to show respect. Everyone complains on here about glitches, mods, akimbos, knives, killstreak rewards, etc. I really think that the community needs to be brought to attention. Even though this is a long shot, please IW, bring back party chat, so I can play games and have fun in peace. (btw, I do mute players, so don't say "just mute")

Girlfriend? I thought you were into shlongs?

CubanSucks
01-07-2010, 01:08 AM
What game were yall playing

CubanSucks
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Oh, and this is NOT just limited to xbox. ps3 has just as many

J.T.
01-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I beat her in Madden

69-0

BlackSwordsMan
01-07-2010, 01:16 AM
I beat her in Madden

69-0

you picked the chargers and she picked the colts?

dirk4mvp
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
you picked the chargers and she picked the colts?

I bloaded jt similar to that the last time I picked the Chargers and he picked the Colts.

Slydragon
01-07-2010, 04:14 AM
I never NEVER even talk to them online for the simple fact that my best friends brother's wife plays online allot and I have partied up with them online and as soon as she talks, all the guys get stupid and all over her.

SOooooooooooooooooooooo one day at my friends sons Bday party his brother showed up with his girlfriend and all I could do was the George Lopez almost vomit bit. I was like damn no wonder she plays on line, it makes her feel good getting hit on.

In fairness she is a pretty good player so she not doing it just for the attention but that put things into perspective for me.

MiamiHeat
01-07-2010, 06:03 AM
This is exactly why my wifey does not use a microphone when gaming.

and when we played MMORPG's in the past, she chose male characters so nobody would bother her.

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Video games = male dominated hobby.

Most of those males gets the shakes when they see women, much less talk to one.

I. Hustle
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I was on Xbox live last night playing Fight Night and I ended up playing this chick... I jizzed in my pants.

Leetonidas
01-07-2010, 10:18 AM
I have a friend who pretends to be a girl gamer and then just talks shit to all the guys, telling them they have little penises, they're not as good as him (her), etc etc.

I. Hustle
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
And he doesn't sound like a tranny?

Leetonidas
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
No he does. It's just funny. XBL is overrun with shit talking douches. Always has been.

ATRAIN
01-07-2010, 10:35 AM
No he does. It's just funny. XBL is overrun with shit talking douches. Always has been.

online gaming in general has been and if you cant handle it unplug your mic or mute people or dont get on in the first place.

iilluzioN
01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
A new study and survey done by GameDaily.com (http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17729) says that 60% of parents ban their daughters from playing games at a hardcore level whereas only 37% ban their sons. The study suggests that the social norm is that women should not be associated with activities that are violent like hunting and sports. The idea is that video games are synonymously known as being violent. This is because the top games in America are games that are not marketed towards girls. They key demographic is still 18-24 year old males.

Soul_Patch
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I cannot stand any online gaming community. So i rarely go online in any game.

balli
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I never, ever, ever have problems with people on live, even back in the day when I used to just absolutely rape people in cod4. If you don't talk back, people shut up. Nobody wants to talk shit if you don't let it get you riled.

As far as the girl thing goes. I don't believe the flamer op when he says he has a GF and even if it were true, like everyone else said, what do you expect? If not having private chat is such a problem for you, go play Merc TDM. Problem solved.

z0sa
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
I cannot stand any online gaming community. So i rarely go online in any game.

It's much more fun hunting humans. At least, that's my logic.

Leetonidas
01-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I never, ever, ever have problems with people on live, even back in the day when I used to just absolutely rape people in cod4. If you don't talk back, people shut up. Nobody wants to talk shit if you don't let it get you riled.

As far as the girl thing goes. I don't believe the flamer op when he says he has a GF and even if it were true, like everyone else said, what do you expect? If not having private chat is such a problem for you, go play Merc TDM. Problem solved.

Exactly. When I used to play Halo 2/3, I would just unplug my mic if someone was being annoying and trying to piss me off and they'd eventually shut up. Or I would just kick their ass and teabag them, no sound, just absolute pwnage. Sometimes it's fun to talk shit though, so I don't see the big deal. I don't think anyone on there is serious, it's like ST basically, everyone just talks shit and tries to act like they have a big dick, even if they have a super high pitched voice and are getting yelled at by their mom to get off in the background.

thispego
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM

just like you!

z0sa
01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
just like you!

:lol pego wasn't past puberty at 21? Are you over puberty by now, at least son?

Hype Man Manu
01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Tony always talks trash when we play. The worst one is Timmy though. He is the best at all the games and he lets you know it.

Leetonidas
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
For some reason, because he's not very demonstrative on the court, I could see Tim Duncan being one of those trash talkers in real life when he gets on live. I'm sure he's got a lot of pent up frustration from always being humble.

thispego
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
:lol pego wasn't past puberty at 21? Are you over puberty by now, at least son?

oh yeah, i think so, you never know. but you are definitely currently pubescent.

z0sa
01-07-2010, 11:46 AM
oh yeah, i think so, you never know. but you are definitely currently pubescent.

:lol

Cry Havoc
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
online gaming in general has been and if you cant handle it unplug your mic or mute people or dont get on in the first place.

Bull.

On the Modern Warfare (1) servers I play on, there are several female regs. And sure, once in a while there are bad jokes being tossed around, but nothing out of the ordinary as when they aren't online. Typically they are treated with respect and a member of the clan or a guest, according to their tag status.

But of course, this is PC, which doesn't cater to 13 year olds and frat boys as their primary buying demographic.

I've also found faaaarrrrr less trash talking done on Ps3 than the 360. It still happens, but just not as frequently. And on PC even less.

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 12:46 PM
A new study and survey done by GameDaily.com (http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17729) says that 60% of parents ban their daughters from playing games at a hardcore level whereas only 37% ban their sons. The study suggests that the social norm is that women should not be associated with activities that are violent like hunting and sports. The idea is that video games are synonymously known as being violent. This is because the top games in America are games that are not marketed towards girls. They key demographic is still 18-24 year old males.

One must ask then "Who is the buying market in America?"

Its clearly adults. Adults drive the sale of major titles, not children or their parents.

Sure, the new Hannah Montana game probably sells millions of copies (i have no idea), but its crap on a disc that cost literally thousands of dollars to make and will be in the bargain bin on day one.

That makes a lot of money for Disney, but not for the industry. Nor does it push the medium forward.

Fortunately or unfortunately, we Americans love violence. Violent games outsell everything by cavernous margins. Even simple platformers are being laced with a small amount of combat to try and engage the American consumer.

Other cultures (ie Japan and Europe) do not have this HUGE gap like we do. Shit, Japan barely buys a game made in the US, much less a violent one. Many reasons for this, mainly xenophobic as the Japanese as a culture see every other as inferior but tolerated.

While in Europe, MW2 probably sold like hotcakes, but the #2 game was not another shooter or fighting game like it is here.

But there is one universal trend between Europe and the US. Online gamers are immature voyeurists with a penchant for pop culture slander and making every attempt to annoy above all else.

Its their game. You can choose to participate or turn it off, but it will never change, ever.

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Bull.

On the Modern Warfare (1) servers I play on, there are several female regs. And sure, once in a while there are bad jokes being tossed around, but nothing out of the ordinary as when they aren't online. Typically they are treated with respect and a member of the clan or a guest, according to their tag status.

But of course, this is PC, which doesn't cater to 13 year olds and frat boys as their primary buying demographic.

I've also found faaaarrrrr less trash talking done on Ps3 than the 360. It still happens, but just not as frequently. And on PC even less.

Right, but youre framing the issue differently. You (and I) do not play with random people like console gamers always do.

Sure, there are always scores of people you do not know on the server, but you or people you know hold the ban hammer. Most of the time, adults are looking to just game and have some teamwork. They want a server with maturity and fun, not shit talk and preteens.

Youre comparing apples and oranges, IMO, is my point.

Duff McCartney
01-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I've always wondered about that saying and it got me thinking. What is so different about apples and oranges?

You can make juice out of both, they both have seeds, they both grow on trees, both have an outer skin, you can peel them both.

How about the difference? You can't eat an orange peel, well you can but it doesn't taste very good, and they are different colors and shapes.

What a weird saying.

Cry Havoc
01-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Right, but youre framing the issue differently. You (and I) do not play with random people like console gamers always do.

Sure, there are always scores of people you do not know on the server, but you or people you know hold the ban hammer. Most of the time, adults are looking to just game and have some teamwork. They want a server with maturity and fun, not shit talk and preteens.

My point was that there are places female gamers can play and be accepted by a community.

I. Hustle
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
This suit is NNNOOOOTTTT black

z0sa
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
My point was that there are places female gamers can play and be accepted by a community.

While I agree with your point, essentially nobody is 'accepted' online except in these 'places' (dedicated team servers with wary, smart admins) where acceptance can be nurtured. Everyone talks shit to everyone, regardless of gender, unless you can take up existence in one of these places. So while your point has merit, perhaps limiting the group to only females is a bit of a stretch.

ATRAIN
01-07-2010, 01:39 PM

There is but its a shame public online gaming is filth. I have to say it was nice having those xbl parties where you could just hear your squad and buddies but the mute option is fine with me. Most girls I play with dont really get harassed but they just ignore the horny bitches.

ATRAIN
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
While I agree with your point, essentially nobody is 'accepted' online except in these 'places' (dedicated team servers with wary, smart admins) where acceptance can be nurtured. Everyone talks shit to everyone, regardless of gender, unless you can take up existence in one of these places. So while your point has merit, perhaps limiting the group to only females is a bit of a stretch.

Yeah it happens everywhere and anywhere, shit it happens all over this forum.

ATRAIN
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM

This shit still cracks me up. PC gamers always hate on console gamers for some reason. I dont hate on computer gamers, hey if thats how you want to play cool, I used to play several computer games but my main reason for going over to consoles is its cheaper. On PC a new game comes out, damn I dont have enough ram to play it or my video card needs to be updated or I need a whole new computer in general. Consoles have a live of at least 5 or so years before you have to update.

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM

Then your point was well made and I found a way to miss it.

DarkReign
01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
This shit still cracks me up. PC gamers always hate on console gamers for some reason. I dont hate on computer gamers, hey if thats how you want to play cool, I used to play several computer games but my main reason for going over to consoles is its cheaper. On PC a new game comes out, damn I dont have enough ram to play it or my video card needs to be updated or I need a whole new computer in general. Consoles have a live of at least 5 or so years before you have to update.

Well, if it makes you feel better, consoles are winning in a huge way. So there is always the timeless "Scoreboard!" comment.

CubanSucks
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, if it makes you feel better, consoles are winning in a huge way. So there is always the timeless "Scoreboard!" comment.

Um, I may be missing something here but wouldn't that be because every household already has a PC?

balli
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah. You're missing something alright.

CubanSucks
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah. You're missing something alright.

damn. burn

Rip-Hamilton32
01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
i hardly ever even play with sound on i usally have a cd playing with my surrond sound going

KidCongo
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I know a dude I used to go to school with and like he was short, fat, savage acne, addicted to Halo etc. I'm at a mates and he has this guy on Live and they're on Halo and he's mouthing off at Americans and Brits calling them everything he could think. I felt pity for him there as this would have been the only place he could talk shit because it certainly wasn't at school. It was his place to vent.

In reference to girls that I've come across sometimes on L4D I usually tone down the swearing if on my team and no-one has hit on them. Just play the damn game. Maybe it's just a console thing or games that have larger multiplayer games.

balli
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Or I would just kick their ass and teabag them, no sound, just absolute pwnage.
I pretty much never plug in my mic or talk anymore, but I have to say- I've gotten into a lot of lobbies where dudes are bragging about their performance in the previous match that I wasn't in. And then I just rape 'em and don't say a thing.

I understand that it's probably fun for some people to run their mouths (it's not like I've never done it) but yeah, few things feel better than murdering a bunch of shit talkers and not saying a single word about it.

Silence + pwnage speaks louder than words.

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM

Honestly I could care either way, to me gaming is gaming. If you do it on a wii, pc, ps3, xbox, gameboy. Its all the same. I just dont understand the PC hate on consoles? I wish it was all cross platform for online gaming, that would kick ass but of course that would never happen across the board. The game companies would lose too much money.

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I know a dude I used to go to school with and like he was short, fat, savage acne, addicted to Halo etc. I'm at a mates and he has this guy on Live and they're on Halo and he's mouthing off at Americans and Brits calling them everything he could think. I felt pity for him there as this would have been the only place he could talk shit because it certainly wasn't at school. It was his place to vent.

In reference to girls that I've come across sometimes on L4D I usually tone down the swearing if on my team and no-one has hit on them. Just play the damn game. Maybe it's just a console thing or games that have larger multiplayer games.

I think its public multiplayer games in general.

Cry Havoc
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

I'm not necessarily hating. But this thread in itself shows an example of the average online gamer. It really isn't just consoles -- I've got into verbal spats online with people on PC before.

However, you'd have to be blind not to see what demographic the Xbox 360 was appealing to with it's marketing campaign. Even the games themselves -- primarily built upon the FPS throne featuring massively built dudes eradicating thousands of enemy aliens -- is a testament that Microsoft knew exactly who was going to be scooping up their console. There was so much testosterone in games like Halo, Gears of War, etc., you could practically cut it with a knife.

But if you don't believe me, there is data out there that suggests what I stated is correct:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/02/19/how-the-wii-ps3-and-xbox-360-appeal-to-different-demographics/

I understand that it's probably fun for some people to run their mouths (it's not like I've never done it) but yeah, few things feel better than murdering a bunch of shit talkers and not saying a single word about it.

This. I hardly ever talk trash, unless it's with people I know (in my GH clan, it's ALWAYS worth letting them know over and over that you knifed them :hat ), or there's a person online who's got a bad case of ruining everyone else's experience. I can probably count on one hand the number of times someone who talks a great deal of smack is actually a dominant force in a server, and usually after the second time I knife them, they shut up.

I will say though, that just chatting and shooting the breeze with my clan is one of the best things about gaming. If you become involved in a community, it enhances the experience greatly. Which is why no dedicated servers in MW2 makes me QQ a whole bunch. :(

baseline bum
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
None of that shit bothers me. The only thing that pisses me off is when I'm beating someone at NBA2k and he fucking quits with a minute or two left in the game.

I. Hustle
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah whenever I am playing Quake everyone seems cordial but when I am playing Mario Kart the f bombs start dropping.

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah whenever I am playing Quake everyone seems cordial but when I am playing Mario Kart the f bombs start dropping.

That Mario Kart is testosterone driven as well. Fucking Blue Shell!!

I. Hustle
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
That Mario Kart is testosterone driven as well. Fucking Blue Shell!!

YEAH!!!!! F that blue shell!http://rlv.zcache.com/f_bomb_sticker-p217621512415995268qjcl_400.jpg

I. Hustle
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I have one with your name on it Atrain
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XdP6Lp2ceqY/Sxsm6s5Jy_I/AAAAAAAAEZc/qdUE1xC1y38/s400/Blue_Shell_Christmas_top_by_Kalapusa.jpg

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
hahahaha

I. Hustle
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.nastyhobbit.org/forum/animated_gifs/mario-kart-irl.gif

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not necessarily hating. But this thread in itself shows an example of the average online gamer. It really isn't just consoles -- I've got into verbal spats online with people on PC before.

However, you'd have to be blind not to see what demographic the Xbox 360 was appealing to with it's marketing campaign. Even the games themselves -- primarily built upon the FPS throne featuring massively built dudes eradicating thousands of enemy aliens -- is a testament that Microsoft knew exactly who was going to be scooping up their console. There was so much testosterone in games like Halo, Gears of War, etc., you could practically cut it with a knife.

I wasnt talking about hating in this thread I meant in general. I used to work with a bunch of PC gamers and they would diss and talk down about consoles all the time and I never understood why. I see what you are trying to see most popular xbox live titles are are usually FPS games and are all rated MA so yeah its geared towards an older crowd. Im sure the shit talking happens over any platform in this type of game but like you said you like playing with your clans and what not and private matches are available as well. I just dont see it as an argument that XBL is the only place where the filthy play, if anything its probably more the type of game across the board. Shit when we used to play conterstrike over PC we used to have all kinds of shit talkers. It would even happen in person and LAN parties and tournaments. Its the Nature of the beast when dealing with FPS IMO.

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.nastyhobbit.org/forum/animated_gifs/mario-kart-irl.gif

lol

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I have one with your name on it Atrain
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XdP6Lp2ceqY/Sxsm6s5Jy_I/AAAAAAAAEZc/qdUE1xC1y38/s400/Blue_Shell_Christmas_top_by_Kalapusa.jpg

hahaha its funny how you changed the picture three times.

The Gemini Method
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Usually I let my gameplay do the talking...except when I'm inebriated or just had a fight with my lady. Then, I talk too much and usually in a mixture of incoherency and false video game bravado...

DisAsTerBot
01-08-2010, 01:15 PM
None of that shit bothers me. The only thing that pisses me off is when I'm beating someone at NBA2k and he fucking quits with a minute or two left in the game.

+1000000
seems like 90% of the time :bang
punks need to learn how to take an ass whoopin

101A
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM

...and the rest somewhat older pubescent boys....

Duff McCartney
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I always like playing with my room mate and some of our Mexican friends because they just speak spanish and it's hilarious hearing them curse when they get killed.

"No mames" "No vales verga tu guey" "Puta madre!!"

Man it's a laugh a minute listening to them. It's also funny hearing them talk shit to white guys who always tell them to speak English. I laughed one time when some guy was like you're in America speak English, I just thought to myself, dumbass this is a global game..everyone in the world can get on Xbox Live not just in the U.S. There's a good chance he's not even in the U.S.

2Blonde
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
My 17yr old daughter plays on Xbox Live all the time. I would walk by her room and hear her cussing like a sailor so I told her to act more like lady. :nope She laughed and said she had to talk that way to keep from getting hit on. She told me that for some reason the guys on there, even the pre-pubescent boys, all think that being a girl means you are weak or want to hook up. She said her use of foul language is to keep the focus on the game instead of her. She's there to win, not to get laid. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
My 17yr old daughter plays on Xbox Live all the time. I would walk by her room and hear her cussing like a sailor so I told her to act more like lady. :nope She laughed and said she had to talk that way to keep from getting hit on. She told me that for some reason the guys on there, even the pre-pubescent boys, all think that being a girl means you are weak or want to hook up. She said her use of foul language is to keep the focus on the game instead of her. She's there to win, not to get laid. :lol

that's how it is sadly most chicks don't even use mics cause of the way people act

I. Hustle
01-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Hey 2Blonde this is off subject but I need your help. I need some advice and don't want to ask the others. You see I have this growth in my pants and I need you to take a look at it.

D'oh I am one of the XBOX live guys and it's flowing over onto ST!

ATRAIN
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey 2Blonde this is off subject but I need your help. I need some advice and don't want to ask the others. You see I have this growth in my pants and I need you to take a look at it.

D'oh I am one of the XBOX live guys and it's flowing over onto ST!

LOL dude ST is worse with guys trying to hit on chicks, only difference is XBL has young chiks and spurstalk is run by the cougars (2blonde excluded )